Support Groups - Dyp' Daily Chat

View Full Version : Dyp' Daily Chat

andreaphilip3
01-22-2006, 10:56 PM
hi challengers!
this is the place to question, share, express, support etc so chat away!:) see ya'll tomm and remember.....we will do this!

im putting this info here to try n attempt to eliminate the dump your plum thread that is there.....

we will be playing the game based on point values that we will give ourselves each week based on positive behaviors such as exercising, drinking water, healthy food choices and of course pounds and inches lost!

the player with the most points earned at the end of each month will receive recognition on the board and will be encouraged to treat him or herself to a small personal reward.

game will begin on 1-23 and run through 4-23!

so whatya say? are you ready to dump YOUR plump?

Objectives ...
Promote safe and gradual weight loss through proper
nutrition and exercise.
Encourage the development of peer support through
team competition.
ncrease the awareness of nutrition and exercise as
it relates to weight management.
Provide an activity that is healthy, educational and fun!

dump your plump reward values:

exercise: 1 point per 20 minutes

water: 1 point per 1/2 gallon, 2 liters, 64 oz.

healthy food choices:1 point healthy meal... based on your chosen plan

pounds/inches lost per week:2 points per pound or inch

welcome challengers!

this is this is the place where we will keep track of everyones points and progress.(there will be an added thread for daily chat so look for it)

here are our challengers!: challengers are encouraged to journal their points according to the chart above

*andreaphilip3
*wendyinwinnipeg
Before Im 30
jntle2006
MyOwnSaboteur
Shanice Crawford
gonna do this
cocoshanell
aliceshellique
kayelle31
Andyandmeagansmom
veerie
motivation86
stacylambert
homemade
impdoll
swingchick
happywife
hun E B
nighthawk
eddie31997
leslieFM
TLM5285
Mharvy69
sweetpea
megsa
colaz
jaz80
jazy g
missa a
losing4another
ladypeacek
lizzbabe
girlieyorkie
curvynfit
fitgal2
ERRN
Karin

sweet_pea
01-22-2006, 11:12 PM
ummm how is this one different to the "sticky" thread. just so i understand???
which one do i post my results and "points" in...

andreaphilip3
01-22-2006, 11:18 PM
hey sweet pea i asked jenn to unsticky that and delete it so we have just this one and weigh in:) results go on wi thread.

andreaphilip3
01-22-2006, 11:31 PM
ok guys we will have 3 threads wi(for results and tallys), chat(for support and ?'s and stuff) and bio (for intro) workin on gettin bio stick'y thanks for the patience. was trying to simplify everything so we didnt have a zillion threads not needed.

andreaphilip3
01-22-2006, 11:43 PM
ok thanks to jenn...(thanks jenn!!:) ) we are gtg so there shouldnt be any more confusion bc the buddy thread was closed the original plump thread was eliminated and the bio and this thread are sticky'd along w the wi thread:)

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 03:48 AM
alright sounds good
i'm doing fine. i only ate 2 meals today as i did so much sleeping and resting but i did have a couple of snacks. not really hungry think it's all ok

catch you all tomorrow

andreaphilip3
01-23-2006, 11:50 AM
good mornin challengers! get ready get set, go!
we can do this! i have 20m somethin lbs to lose....

just wanted to put a note here in reguards to p[oints for healthy food. for those on ww...PLEASE DDONT CONFUSE THE 1 POINT PER HEALTHY MEAL WITH THE POINTS VALUES OF THE FOODS BC EVEN IF A MWEAL IS 5 POINTS ITS STILL ONLY 1 POINT FOR CHALLENGE PURPOSES.

SWEETPEA YOURE OFF TO A GREAT START!

MyOwnSaboteur
01-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Hello fellow dump the plumpers!!!

Well I am soooo excited, I don't think I have ever felt this motivated and I think it is my competative nature shinning through :) .

I have already drank 1/2 my water and two healthy meals under my (soon to be shrinking) belt ;) . My daughter took some before pictures for me this morning so I can show off my drastic 12 week change :) !!!! I hope some others take some before and after pics.

I hope everyone is having as great a day as I am, well I am off to put Joseph down for his nap and then jump on that treadmill to rack up some more points. You girls will have to work reallllllll hard to catch me ;) !!!

Later

MyOwnSaboteur
01-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Ha, Wendy I thought I could feel someone breathing down my neck!!!! Can't wait to see everyones point totals. I think your son might be fine with the camera but a picture from the knees down won't really show us your great progress :lol: He is a real cutie!! Love the hair.

Anyway I am off for Ainsley and Makenna need to have their math lesson.

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 02:18 PM
on before and after what a good idea. never thought of that. altho i have taken some "before" photos a while ago. anyway tape measure never lies!!! just wish i knew where my tape measure is!!

MyOwnSaboteur
01-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Oh, hitting a rough patch......major munch on right now!!!! Stay strong Monica ride it through, eventually it wll go away :( . Not fast enough though.

Gotta go chug some water

lizzbabe
01-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Yay I think this challenge will be just the kick in the pants that I need to get back on track! I did my workout this morning plus I am running after work and my meals have been perfect so far. Water...I did 32 oz at the gym and have had 32 more since then.

~~~> another competitive spirit

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 04:11 PM
haha wendy. honestly i moved from a bigger house and there is so much i have not unpacked. boxes everywhere it's a disaster. still haven't found my beware of the dogs sign to put on the gate either

i just spent a miserable morning working on my mother's accounts yech and it is torrential rain outside so i am going back to bed for a rest

lizzbabe
01-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Are there limits to how many points you can earn? Just curious...like would 2 hours of exercise count for 6 pts? And all exercise (yoga, strength training, cardio) counts for the same? This is such a great idea.

andreaphilip3
01-23-2006, 04:51 PM
hi plumpers!!!
ride it out monica.....im hitting a rough patch also-pms and a stressful day! bf and afters are greeat!

lizz: no theres no limit so yes that would be 6.

MyOwnSaboteur
01-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi girls

Liz- I wouldn't think that there would be a limit on the points you could earn!!
2 hours of exercise......holy girl is that how much you do each day!!! Man and I was delighted to get in 40 minutes. Looks like I might have to kick it up a notch or two to be competative with you :) .

Well made it through my munch on with no damage done, pheeeww! Now I have to run and finish cooking supper. Pork, potato's and lots of mixed veggies.

girlieyorkie
01-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi all,
Since we are starting on a monday, does that mean that our weekly weigh ins have to be on a monday?

I would like to continue my saturday weekly weigh ins, if that's OK.:?: :?: :?:

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 06:58 PM
yorkie i'm sure saturday weighins are ok - but would you like to check your water? i notice you put 3 points but that = 1.5 GALLONS or 6 litres of water???

hmmm i can see i will be overtaken on points in the exercise dept. i mean come on - 2 hours of exercise holy crap i'm a long way away from that. darn

girlieyorkie
01-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Sorry about the water, I thought it was 1 point for every liter. I stand corrected, and I have made the necessary corrections.

gonnadothis
01-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Hola all. Hope you had a great day. :) :)

I am on the board so far with 2 points for a unit of water and a healthy meal. I am going to do some aerobics this evening as well. Will update my points after that!

gonnadothis
01-23-2006, 09:00 PM
K, I'm at 4 points now for Monday. Just did 40 minutes of aerobics. Phew! I haven't done anything that strenuous in awhile.

Hey, Sweet Pea. Hope you're not feeling discouraged! Do what you can and don't worry about the points! I don't expect to be the "winner", but just being in a group like this keeps me motivated to report what I've done.

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 09:09 PM
thanks angie
i am feeling a bit discouraged but also because i've had a leak in the shed and lots of stuff is messed up and needs repairing. dieting is not a high priority right now. just want to scream a lot

and of course weather is crap. i got drenched just running between house and shed let alone going further.

well done everyone. i'm on tuesday. had healthy breakfast and lunch (2 pts), 2 litres water (1 pt), 20 mins exercise - total 4 so far.will see how the rest of the day goes

gonnadothis
01-23-2006, 11:42 PM
4 points - that's awesome! keep going!

sweet_pea
01-24-2006, 12:59 AM
thanks! i am having fish and salad for dinner. so far so good. then will do a little more exercise if i am up to it :rofl:

lizzbabe
01-24-2006, 01:46 AM
No I don't exercise 2hrs everyday but a couple times a week I add in a second exercise session so I was wondering how it was counted. First day went excellent--6 pts exercise, 2 pts water, 3 pts meals = 11pts! My weight has been stalled for awhile so I'll have to make up for those points my way instead.

Here's to Day #2! Let's go ladies!!

sweet_pea
01-24-2006, 04:12 AM
day 2 is over for me!!! will start afresh tmrw and look at increasing the exercise as that will be the tough part for me

this is the healthiest 2 days eating i've had for a long time. :)

lizzbabe
01-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Mmm started off my day with some pilates and cardio followed by a yummy fruit and soy protein smoothie. How's everyone else doing?

Veerie
01-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Hey everybody!

It's a beautiful day here in sunny NH. Just got back from a walk in the woods with the dogs and now I'm packing up my lunch and heading in to work. I'm hoping to cut out early this afternoon so I can go snowshoeing.

Hope you all have a great day!

lizzbabe
01-24-2006, 12:00 PM
I always wanted to try snow-shoeing and now I live in a place where I can't really...oh well maybe I'll give water skiing a shot this summer instead!

lizzbabe
01-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Oh and I had a question about the food points--I am trying Jorge Cruise's 3hr diet where I eat 6 times a day but I figured the max for meals would be 3 because that's the "norm" am I figuring this right? And someone mentioned something about a bonus if you follow your particular plan...?

tlm5285
01-24-2006, 12:33 PM
:dizzy: help please i am new and i want to know where to post....

Mon- 3points meals
1point water
2points walking 1hr.

glad to see that others with lote of points...is 8 glasses of water 1 point??have a great day ladies Tammy from Chilliwack Bc Canada

lizzbabe
01-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Tammy there is a sticky thread "DYP post your weigh in" or something at the top. that is where people have been posting their daily points

Veerie
01-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Oh and I had a question about the food points--I am trying Jorge Cruise's 3hr diet where I eat 6 times a day but I figured the max for meals would be 3 because that's the "norm" am I figuring this right? And someone mentioned something about a bonus if you follow your particular plan...?

I was wondering about this. I include 2 snacks in my meal plan and was wondering if I could give myself one bonus point if both snacks are healthy and on plan....?

BTW -- How are you liking the Cruise plan? I've heard really good thing about it.

Veerie
01-24-2006, 03:58 PM
I always wanted to try snow-shoeing and now I live in a place where I can't really...oh well maybe I'll give water skiing a shot this summer instead!

The nice thing about snowshoeing is that it doesn't require any special skills, so even someone as uncoordinated as I am can do it. Water skiing is fun, too.

andreaphilip3
01-24-2006, 04:59 PM
hi guys...
actually 1/2 points are allowed(like 4 glasses of water) or a healthy snack can also be counted as 1/2 a point.
wendy is correct though.....points must be added and kept track by you. thanks for the reminder wendy!:)

girlieyorkie
01-24-2006, 05:50 PM
I just edited my points yesterday and took away the point.
I guess I'll have to put the half point back?:?: :?: :?:

sweet_pea
01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
i don't know it's getting confusing ;)

andreaphilip3
01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
hi girlie whats up?

whats goin on wendy?
hows everyone else doin? i need to really sort some personal stuff out bf i can be on top of my game, but i am here:)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi Ladies, if you have any questions please contact Diane as I am no longer involved in any decision making pertaining to this game. Good Luck.

andreaphilip3
01-24-2006, 10:11 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74064

this should clear up any issues....if not, plz pm me:)

sweet_pea
01-24-2006, 11:04 PM
thank you diane. much clearer

altho i'm not sure why we need yet another thread???

girlieyorkie
01-25-2006, 07:15 AM
All is good now Diane. It was a bit confusing in the beginning, but now we're catching up.
Thanks.

nighthawk
01-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey Chickies,
Hope your all having a great day I am so motivated by this challenge I can't believe it usually by this point in a diet(I started Jan1)I'm starting to be a little slack, a little more food and a little less exercise but I am still rarin' to go. So Diane let me thank you again for getting this challenge together and don't get discouraged by a little confusion we're getting it together.

fitgal2
01-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Keep it up ladies!

andreaphilip3
01-25-2006, 06:25 PM
whats up ladies? im sorry i was mia again but i have an infected mouth that needed emergency care.....hope all is well!

Veerie
01-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Man...this game has only just started and already I'm derailed. I went to the doctor's today and she thinks I have appendicitis. She said absolutely no strenuous exercise no matter what. It was on the tip of my tongue to say "But...but...what about my points?!?!?!" Good thing I got in a hour of exercise this morning :) Anyway, I'm still playing, but for the short term (I hope!!) I can't exercise. This is killing me right now because I am going to St. Croix in March and really wanted to be bathing suit ready by then. Sigh.

Veerie
01-25-2006, 07:15 PM
whats up ladies? im sorry i was mia again but i have an infected mouth that needed emergency care.....hope all is well!

Yikes! Hope you're ok -- that can't be fun. Take good care of yourself!

lizzbabe
01-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Man...this game has only just started and already I'm derailed. I went to the doctor's today and she thinks I have appendicitis. She said absolutely no strenuous exercise no matter what. It was on the tip of my tongue to say "But...but...what about my points?!?!?!" Good thing I got in a hour of exercise this morning :) Anyway, I'm still playing, but for the short term (I hope!!) I can't exercise. This is killing me right now because I am going to St. Croix in March and really wanted to be bathing suit ready by then. Sigh.

Well she said no strenuous exercise...you could still do some yoga and pilates, light weight training etc right?

Veerie
01-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Good point about yoga. I think Pilates and even light weight training are too core oriented, so I'll stick to yoga and walking for the time being. Thanks Liz, that makes me feel better. All is not lost.

andreaphilip3
01-25-2006, 09:55 PM
veerie are you ok?
whats up guys?

lizzbabe
01-26-2006, 08:23 AM
the week's almost over....hooray for friday!! boo for no change in the scale YET.

andreaphilip3
01-26-2006, 10:30 AM
hi guys!
how goes it? im a mess im waiting for my period today or tomm. you know how that goes!

hey lizzz hang in there!! whats up w the rest of you guys? how ya doin?

lizzbabe
01-26-2006, 12:02 PM
i haven't had my period in so long that i forgot how that goes lol. not that it is really a good thing but for some reason my body hasn't been working properly. i need to get back on the pill because that makes me regular again

andreaphilip3
01-26-2006, 12:49 PM
lizz i think we have lots in common...i have pcos and was on it for that and was yanked off it due to suspected possible cause of current urine retention so in the meantime my hormones are cpmpletely____!

lizzbabe
01-26-2006, 02:31 PM
yuck sorry to hear that. i haven't been to the regular doctor in ages but when i had my annual pap i mentioned the period concern and they told me it was probably stress. funny, cuz i don't FEEL that stressed

andreaphilip3
01-26-2006, 03:20 PM
did they test your levels?
its supposed 2 ome today so im 'assuming' it will bc last mo. was my 1st off the bcp and it was only a few days off.

lizzbabe
01-26-2006, 06:36 PM
nope never been tested...well actually i had a thyroid test but that was awhile back. like, in high school i think. i really don't go to the doctor much.

andreaphilip3
01-26-2006, 08:24 PM
your gyn can do a whole hormonal panel....

lizzbabe
01-26-2006, 10:42 PM
i just went to planned parenthood so they do the basics. i moved here last year and haven't found a doctor yet.:?:

oh and vee...when i said you could still exercise i didn't mean you should beat me in the points department!! :devil:

andreaphilip3
01-26-2006, 10:52 PM
im so sorry liz, drs can be hard to find....
well i got my period, so im sure w hormones being _ im sure its what set me off on the big b'

Veerie
01-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Ha! Somehow I don't think you have anything to worry about, Liz. The irony is that exercising is the only thing that makes me feel better and it's what I'm not supposed to do. Still trying to sneak it in, though!

Wahoo for the weekend! I am psyched! What's everyone up to this weekend?

andreaphilip3
01-27-2006, 01:35 PM
hi guys! tgif!!!!
veerie i agree its what i need to 2 do thats why i gotta rid my probs(did one today and got 1 more to deal w asap and then i can move on.
ive got a bday party tomm.

lizzbabe
01-27-2006, 02:16 PM
i thought i would have a nice relaxing night, maybe take a bubble bath and watch some Lost on DVD. BUT apparently my boyfriend has a different idea, a wild weekend with friends in san antonio. so we will see who wins this one.

andreaphilip3
01-27-2006, 04:43 PM
both sound fun~!

lizzbabe
01-28-2006, 07:34 AM
bubble bath option won out. mark ended up going to abilene for a few hours and just having a boys night out which worked great for me. i did have an incident with a certain jar of peanut butter and that just wasn't pretty. no more peanut butter for me till next saturday!

girlieyorkie
01-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Hi Liz~
I can see that you've already lost 50 pounds. How did you do it? How long did it take?
How long have you maintained the weight loss?
Do you have any "before pictures".
I find success stories very inspirational.

lizzbabe
01-28-2006, 10:10 AM
girlieyorkie~
50lbs was from my all-time highest weight and I've very slowly lost since then, plateauing and maintaining then losing some more. I was getting too comfortable at my lowest plateau this time around and really am working to change things up to finally get to goal. I exercise a ton (cardio esp running, strength training and flexibility as well) getting some form every day and I have slowly changed my eating habits. Nothing crazy like no carbs, no fat etc but just making better choices. It's all pretty basic stuff I guess.

I have pictures in my users gallery (http://www.3fatchicks.com/member-gal.../27301/cat/500). The Halloween 2004 was probably around 170lbs and then College picture was probably 180ish. December 2005 was around 145lbs. I'll have to look for pictures at a higher weight but like I said, it was awhile ago. It may have taken a long time to get where I am but I've never gained more than a few maintenance pounds back.

LeslieFM
01-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Hello ladies...

I have been sick since Wednesday, and havn't exercised at all!!!!! My eating has been ok however.

I have lost no weight.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I have been stuck here for ages. It seems like after losing 50+ pounds, 6 more would be no big deal. Seems like the closer you get to your goal the more reluctant your body is to give up those pounds.

Oh well, hopefully I will feel better after the weekend and do my exercising!!!

girlieyorkie
01-28-2006, 10:30 AM
The pictures are not available at the moment, so I'll check them out later.

You are doing so good on maintaining your loss, I've managed to lost 40 pounds 5 years ago, but gained them all back plus almost 10 pounds more on top.

lizzbabe
01-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Leslie, congrats on losing that pound (I read on the other thread). It's much more difficult as you get close to goal I know.

andreaphilip3
01-28-2006, 10:53 PM
hey guys!
whats up?
feelin better leslie?? lizz hang in there....i too have been hnaving incicents w the pb....it finally was gone and i bought individual tubs online. monday here i come!

nighthawk
01-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Oh peanut butter my weakness too. I'm looking forward to tomorrow to see how everyones weeks went.
Andrea will you be doing a post with everyones weekly points? well I'm off to exercise maybe I can get within sight of Ms Liz next week ;)

Lori

andreaphilip3
01-29-2006, 07:57 PM
hey guys!
how was everyones week? mine was cruddy. oh well, tomm new start for me. hey hawk, you can post weekly totals and lbs lost etc on the wi thread i did and tomm ill start a new wi thread for the new week:)

colaz
01-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Hey girls! I'll probably be the last one to post on this thread lol!

Last week was kind of crazy, and my points didn't add up too well, but tomorrow I am going to work real hard! I am trying to decide what I can count as a 'healthy meal?' LOL...I know pizza was a not a good one, but I had a few others that were good in moderation. I was at my brother's house, so I couldn't really refuse the food...like I'd ever refuse food lol!

So, I need to go and count up my points for this past week, and tomorrow I am going to weigh, be prepared for no weight loss or even some weight gain, and start hard! Ok...here I go!

lizzbabe
01-30-2006, 06:16 AM
No weight loss here which is very disappointing but food choices will be better next week. I've gotta catch up with miss veerie!

Veerie
01-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a great day on Saturday, but then somehow -- and I swear I don't know how this happened -- a pint of Ben and Jerry's frozen yogurt wound up in my freezer. How strange. Despite that, I am down 1.5 pounds, which is a huge relief. It's been so long since the scale moved that I actually changed the batteries to make sure it still worked ok. I am hoping to hear back from the MD today to see if it's ok to start running and weight training again. I just bought a new bathing suit for my spring trip and the thought of wearing it in public is making me want to spend some quality time on the treadmill.

This has been a great first week -- thanks to all of you for the terrific motivation and encouragement!

colaz
01-30-2006, 11:50 AM
wtg Veerie on the weight loss! Keep up the good work.

lizz, that is too bad about no weight loss. Hang in there, and you have a great attitude to start this week!

Well, ladies it is Monday and a great day to start strong! I can't believe how well some people did last week, and i'm sure we are going to have weight loss for about everyone! Keep up the good work all!

Well, I surprised myself when I got on the scale this morning and I was down 2 lbs! I am finally 155 lbs! I really thought I wouldn't from this past weekend (not very good eating and basically no excercise), but I guess the beginning of the week paid off!

So, this Monday is starting off good so far. I had a good breakfast (1 point) and I'm working on my first glass of water. I'm also sipping at my coffee.

andreaphilip3
01-30-2006, 01:37 PM
hi you guys!
wtg on the loses!! i didnt lose but i stupidly gave up and gained 7 plus an added 1 1/4 this mornin but im determined to lose 30 freakin pounds!!! i started a fresh chat thread so illl see ya there! hey tess we are twins...im 1 lb below you:)