Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-22-2006, 08:04 PM   #1  

Default My story--yo-yoing

So, I started off 4 years ago at about 220 lbs. I didn't EVER work out. Hubby was overweight as well. We worked together with a modified body-for-life. I lost 45 lbs and hubby lost 60. He kept his off except for 10 lb. flucuations. In the last two years I've gotten back up to 217! ACK! I'm still a much smaller size than I used to be, thanks to having muscle now. But I can't believe how much weight I packed BACK on. It's so discouraging to have that much weight to lose. I was down to a size 11 and I'm back at a size 14/16 depending on the clothes (used to be a size 20 at this weight though).

I'm estimating that I'm 210 lbs since weighing a month ago. I'll officially weigh on Friday. I didn't want to weigh before now because it makes me crazy! I'm doing modified body-for-life again. I do count calories and weigh my food and I also go a bit higher fat than body-for-life. I've been on plan for almost a month. I'm really hitting my cardio hard! My clothes are fitting so much better already. Especially my shirts in the arm/waist areas. Pants are looser in the waist too.

I REALLY want to get low enough by late Feb. that my mom won't be able to tell how much weight I've gained back since she last saw me! LOL I think I can get down to a size twelve by then and when she comes I'll be able to wear black and "disguise" a lot of my gain. Luckily I gain so evenly that I can put on 20 lbs and nobody can tell. Of course I can lose it and same thing. Ha ha.

I'm here to support and give support. I'll check in once a day and keep everybody posted on weight loss with pics and weigh ins.

My strengths are preparing healthy food that tastes good, so if anybody needs recipe/diet help I'm here. I key in my recipes to diet power software so I often have nutrient profiles of my recipes. I'm a good cook and I have a lot of food ideas and meal plans (but I don't restrict sodium or caffiene).

Old 01-22-2006, 08:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Welcome!

Your back on plan and just consider what you've gone through as a lesson learned. I have done what I call yo-yo bouncing for at least 10 years and I'm so done with that.

I sooo need to get the B4L book.

Have a great day, and enjoy the journey to the new you.
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! You'll find lots of folks here who have done the same thing. In fact we did a poll a few weeks ago ... hardly anybody lost it and kept it off the first time!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:51 PM   #4  
28 Yr old Vixen to be...

S/C/G: 480/480/380

Height: 5'5"

yipeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! congrats congrats, look forward to sharing our journey with you
Safiyah_is_Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:51 PM   #5  

Default Thanks

thanks for the warm welcome! I appreciate it. How do I join the April challenge? I have a big conference coming in April and I'd like to be down a LOT by then.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Click on the April Challenge thread and jump right in. The folks there will help you introduce yourself and get rolling.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote