Sonoma Diet Recipes Recipes marked for each wave of the Sonoma Diet. Recipes fit in with whole food diets and the Mediterranean diet.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #1  
Cat Wrangler

Default Wave 1 - Greek Baked Shrimp with Feta

This is sooo good! We had this for dinner tonight with some whole wheat pasta and roasted zucchini, and all I can say is, it's a keeper! I was serving 3, so I cut the amount of shrimp in half but kept the sauce ingredients the same.

Greek Baked Shrimp with Feta

6-8 servings
1 hour 10 minutes 25 mins prep

2 lbs large shrimp, uncooked
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped green onions
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1- 14 1/2 oz can of diced tomatoes
1/4 cup dry white wine or non-alcoholic wine (I used zinfandel)
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt
pepper
4 ounces fat-free feta cheese (I only used 1 or 2 tablespoons, and that was plenty for us)

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Remove shells from shrimp, leaving last segment and tail intact; remove vein. Rinse and dry. (I took the tails off, and I didn't dry them)

In a pan, saute onion in oil until transparent, (adding a few drops of water if necessary), add garlic and green onion and cook 2 minutes more.

Add the tomatoes, wine, half the parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.

Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until thickened.

Pour half the sauce into a shallow casserole, and arrange the shrimp on top.

Pour the rest of the sauce on, and sprinkle crumbled feta over the shrimp.

Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until prawns are pink and feta is lightly browned.

Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.
terravita is offline   Reply With Quote