Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 04:35 PM   #1  

Default 2-3 lbs a week challange till Feb26!

I have been going for 4 years on and off.... before that at least 6-10 times.

I have lost and never gone above 190 since june 02 I think if i quit i would go bsck to 230's....

I am 188 today and am going to do this. I am not sure why i gain and lose etc. etc. my DH is very supportive he loves me... mabey if he was a jerk i'd thin and unhappy... i am messed hey.

my Dh has told me that i can lose the weight but wonders what happens when i hit 170 i fall back to the 180 within months... I am never happy with my weight loss success always let myself down... I still rember my first time losing 50 people would stop me wherever i went in awh that i lost so much... it felt good.

i am hoping with the support of this site i can lose and keep it off.

thank you to the insperation from so many ladies and i can't tell you how glad i am to be here... looking forward to shared stories good and bad and most of all to the suppport we can give each other.

My goal is to be 15lbs lighter by Feb 26th want to join me??Feb.26 Tammy
Old 01-23-2006, 10:07 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome tlm -

I'm on my last 10 lbs and have been struggling for over a year with them. I do the same thing - I seem to get to a certain point and then give my self permission to eat whatever I am determined to get to goal by July - not just to lose the lbs but to lead a healthier and more active lifestyle too. My main problem is not exercising enough.

That is so great that your hubby is supportive of you - it really makes a difference to have that support at home.

My approach is to look at my weight loss as an improvement to my health and lifestyle rather than a "diet". I find if you change your mindset it can get you into a more positive way of thinking and then I am not struggling to lose weight - I'm improving myself - sounds corny but it has worked for me
Old 01-23-2006, 11:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

tlm you sound just like me. I haven't been at it as long as you but as soon as I hit 170 I let loose and end up back in the 180's. I also think the same way...maybe if my husband wasn't attracted to me when I'm heavy I would want to lose weight. It hasn't worked so far. I need to do it for myself its just so hard.

I'll try to be here with you losing 2-3 per week. I'm not going to meetings but I'll weigh in every monday. Today I'm at 183....So hopefully I see 180 by next Monday!!!

I'm going to commit to going to the gym at least 5 days this week even if its only for cardio.

Good luck to you, I know we can do it. And once we get into the 160's we won't wanna stop!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

That's been my goal since joining in November, but so far it's just been a 5 pound loss. But the tides are changing for me!

I am going to hit the gym 2-3x a week and I've been eating well (for me at least).

I am getting "married" in September and at my 2nd fitting (I figure, by June), I'd like to be near my goal or somewhere in the 170s and looking FINE
Closed Thread