Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #1  

Default Thread For The Week Of Jan. 22

Hi Girls!!!

Happy Sunday! Not much happening here.

Lisa and Lori-Best of luck on your journey to better health!! My dad says that was the best choice he ever made when he quit! You girls can do this!!!!

Elana-I hav ebeen craving drak chocolate soooo bad!!! LOL Enjoy it

Way to go on the losses last week Girls!!!!!

Ok off to get DD some more chicken, then I will probably have to pee (i know tmi LOL), but I cna't go two minutes latley LOL It's all this water Have a fab day!
Old 01-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #2  

Default STEELER SUNDAY again!

Yep.............Time sure does fly! I can't believe it's Sunday already!
As you may already know........it is Steeler Sunday here at the ol' homestead! But, I am much more prepared this weekend. Maybe because I had a loss this week and I am determined NOT to gain any back. Sooooo...Thought I'd share my ideas....I bought fat free tortilla shells, cut them in triangle shapes and sprinkled them with a little ranch seasoning, baked them for about 8 minutes, took them out and let them get hard like a nacho and then I bought salsa to dip them in! Also made veggies, ff dip, and a shrimp platter. I CAN DO THIS! lol!

Well really nothing else to report! Just getting ready for that big Pittsburgh/Denver game! I do this more for "him" than any other reason. We ARE NOT having company this weekend, nor do we have to go anywhere! Yippee! I said I'm not even getting out of my "comfy" clothes (aka: pajamas) today! lol!

Lisa & Lori: YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 01-22-2006, 08:08 PM   #3  

Hey ladies!!

Jeanne, how about those Steelers!

Lisa and Lori, how are you two doing on stopping smoking? It must be so difficult. Keep at I. I know you both can do it!

I didn't leave the house today, except to take the garbage out. I worked my butt off though--cleaned and exercised twice. I did one of the Firm videos with the Fanny Lifter. Wow! That's pretty tough.

Have a good week!!
Old 01-23-2006, 01:51 AM   #4  

PITTSBURGHS GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 02:10 AM   #5  

Default 100 Reasons Why I Love Her

Hi Girls.............This isn't really related to weight loss, not that our posts always are......but anyways..........this was in the bbw magazine and I had left it where my hubby could see it......
Well, he copied it and stuck it in my lunch Friday. So at work, I had a nice little surprise that kinda got me through the day! I know, I'm kinda corny! But thought I'd share it with you. Sorry it is so lengthy!

100 Reasons Why I Love Her
By Joseph Staub
You always conduct yourself with manners and grace
You appreciate my being a gentleman
You are
...a feminist
...a goddess
...a good conversationalist
...a good girl
...a lady
...a professional
...always seeking new knowledge
...an excellent friend
...aware of the wonders around you
...charming
...compassionate
...curvy and fit
...funny
...gorgeous
...health-conscious
...independent and tough
...kind to animals
...neither high- nor low-maintenance
...no stranger to sorrow
...not afraid to be joyous
...not intimidated by sexuality
...open to new experiences
...passionate about so many things
...patient with people
...smart
...spiritually profound
...thankful for your blessings
...wise
You bring me peace
You can
...be *****y
...be kinky
...be strange
...be whatever the situation requires
...let yourself be vulnerable
You care about
...people
...the work you do
You communicate your thoughts and feelings well
You don't
...let people push you around
...let things get you down
...mind my occasional bouts of intellectual arrogance
...panic in emergencies
...take anything for granted
You drive well
You enjoy life
You have
...a gift for making people feel at ease with you
...a strong personality
...a wonderful sense of humor
...inner beauty
...no time for nonsense or deceit
...pretty eyes and a great smile
You hold up your end of our relationship
You honor your parents
You inspire me to constantly improve myself
You keep
...up with current events
...your word
You know
...how to work hard
...my duty and understand it
...right from wrong
...that life can be unfair
...that responsibility is always the price of privilege
...that responsibility sometimes comes without privilege
...that to love truly is to love freely
...what I will and will not tolerate
...what you will and will not tolerate
...your duty and you do it
You let me
...borrow your car
...sing to you
You like
...me
...snackerels
...to go out
...to hang out with me
...to read
...to stay in
...your totem animal
You listen to me
You look good
...in anything
...in nothing
You love
...me for who I am
...me
...to dance
...your country, but are not blind to its faults
You put up with your often-difficult boyfriend/husband
You read the paper with (and sometimes to) me on Sunday mornings
You reject
...roles and appearances that limit or harm people
...things that demean life
You respect my priorities
You see the divine in people and things
You send me love letters
You sometimes get crazy
You speak Spanish
You support my way of being a man
You trust me with your body when we make love
You try to preserve the environment
You understand the strength of my feelings for you
You vote
You will go out of your way for people
You write me poems
You zorch tasty morsels from my plate
Old 01-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #6  

Good Morning!!! Welcome to Monday!!!!

How was everyone's weekend? I wonder how Kitty and Amanda are doing as well as all our other sisters who haven't stopped by in a while?

I am looking forward to a great week. My horse stepped on my ankle last night. The one I injured ealier in the fall and that I keep aggrivating. He was side stepping my dog who was under his feet while I was leading him. He kind of came down the side of my leg and his foot landed right on my ankle as he stepped. Ouch. But not too bad this morning. I am hoping it won't impede my treadmill goal. Not sure exactly why the dog wanted to be under the feet of a 1800 pound stallion. Silly dog.

Well tons of things to do today. DD is sick now. DS is coughing like crazy. So we're going to the doctor today. Hopefully its' something they can help with and not just a cold that has to run it's course. The little boy I watch is coughing now too. He's been coughing since fall but his mom won'ttake him to the doctor.

Have a fab day everyone!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #7  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Quitting smoking sucks. Period. I feel like an alien going through crack withdrawl. I can't seem to think about anything else, it's driving me nuts. Needless to say, I have a pound of brachs candy at my side. I don't really feel like eating anything else, I know that is bad. At least I am not pigging out on burgers and fires. I just need to make it thru the 1st few days.
ARGH!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:41 PM   #8  

Hi all! Today has been a pretty good day.

Jeanne I meant to say I liked your little poem! I think I may print it out, I will definatley pass it around

Lisa-You can do this. You are right once you get through a couple week you will feel so much better and think about it less. DO whatever it takes, b/c it will be so much better for your health!!! Way to go, girl I am proud of you!!!!!!

Enjoy your afternoon everyone!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:24 PM   #9  

Whoo Hoo Stealers!! coming to DETROIT. Your idea of baking the tortillas with ranch sounds yummy. Read the list of qualities and yeah my husband would have to cross some off

Misty OUCH hope you are doing ok today girl! Take better care of yourself! I didn't know you had horses pretty neat.

So proud of you girls quitting smoking!!! Go you can do it! Think of the money you will save!

Elana you are motivating me. I need to get more active.

I feel like I am doing so well adn then get on the scale and no loss. Very discouraged today and just want to eat! Keep telling myself lifestyle change not about numbers yada yada yada. Oh well this to shall pass. A good friend just said to me stop with the scale will see.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #10  

Congrats to all of you ladies trying to quit smoking and losing weight. That is quite an undertaking, but, you can do it. I weighed in for the first time and was really shocked at how heavy I have gotten. It was a reality check. I enjoy going to the gym, but, I am going to have to work very hard on getting a handle on the points.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #11  

Hi, Fost. thanks for jumping in. I hope to see you around here!

I remained the same. I'm a bit frustrated, but hey, I'll take it. It's actually quite interesting how I can manage to stay the same so often, when I get weighed in at meetings and scales rounds to the nearest .2 of a pound. My leader told me that it really takes skill to stay the exact weight. It's not easy

Jeanne, the poem is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

How's the ankle, Misty. That sucks, but boy, you could have been hurt a whole lot worse!! That's scary!

You can do it Lisa!!!!!! I've been praying for you, and heck, I'm not even a pray-er!!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:55 AM   #12  

Morning Ladies!
Good job everyone! Steph - It's better to stay the same then gain! But........I do know the feeling! I was the same for months and then I *tweeked* a couple of things and ta da........a 3# loss in a week!

Misty - Hope that ankle heals up quickly! I was sorry to hear you got hurt. We had horses for years. We had to put our last one down (24 years old) last year ! It was soooooooo hard! But after my divorce, I moved to the city and my ex sold out! So, no more horses or ponies!

Lisa - I hope everyday is getting easier for you! Keep it up! And....yea...we are going to Detroit!!!!!!! Tickets are BIG BIG BUCKS! *Of course WE aren't actually going but the STEELERS are! Are you close to Ford Field? I wanted to tell you, if you like the ranch tortillas made like that.........I have made them with splenda and cinnamon too! Just lightly spray them with I can't believe it's not butter spray and then sprinkle the splenda and cinnamon on them, bake for 8 - 10 minutes. They are VERY good!

Steph - Very nice note to Lisa, but, I have to tell ya........you made me laugh with that non-pray-er statement! Funny!

Well everyone, I'm off today and I'm going to be productive! Don't know how yet ...gotta get my morning first. I'll be checking in here off and on all day!

OHHHHH.......PS......I was just watching the Early Show and they are announcing that XENICAL (weight loss pill) is being released for over the counter purchasing. I guess they are calling it "allie" or something like that. It is a "reduced" dose, but.........I dunno! I sure hope my teenage daughter and her teeny bop friends don't catch wind of it!
I'm not a big fan of diet pills! What is your take?

Last edited by MeRam2; 01-24-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:04 PM   #13  

I am not a fan of medication either. Think you have to do it with pain

We are about 45 minutes north of Detroit. But real football fans here! The ticket prices are insane so we won't be at the game either. I actually like to watch on tv better than live anyway.

Thanks for including the splenda cinnamon idea I will try that tonight because I have some low fat tortillas and am going to make chicken faitias anyway so yum and thanks!!!!!

Hey Kitty how is that back girl?????
Misty your ankle doing better I hope???
Go lizzy!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 06:46 PM   #14  

Fost40, I agree that getting comfortable with the points is a good way to start. I was very careful to weigh/measure everything those first few weeks. When I bought big bags or boxes (like Cheerios), I put single size servings into the little ziploc bags. This also made it easier for my kids to take them for lunch, which was a nice side benefit. I also wrote down the points values, divided by meal, of food I commonly eat, posted the list on the fridge, and could refer to it before I decided what to eat. (That way I would know a Trader Joe's spinach roll has 3 points, so I'd know I should have a low points thing with it for a 7 point dinner). I used just the Week 1 booklet; pretty soon I realized I needed to buy the Complete Food Companion because I lot of what I eat wasn't in the back of the smaller booklet.

I hear some sibling squabbling in the basement--GTG. Take care!
Old 01-25-2006, 04:46 PM   #15  

Hi all!!!!

Elana-I like the list on the fridge idea!!! I may have to use that one too. I am eating two veggies at lunch and dinner, that is really working for me thanks for the idea!!!

Luflic-My ankle is doing much better thanks. I was able to exercise a couple times with no real problems. Yep, We have two horses, an appaloosa and an appaloosa paint mix. They turn 4 this summer. Both are stallions. They are not broke, no clue how to do it. I really think it was dumb of my husband to buy them in the first place. One has a BIG attitude and only my husband can handle him. The other can't chew and walk at the same time, so he's easy to confuse and if you ask too much of him he kind of over loads. I swear somedays you see smoke coming out of his ears LOL

We also have two dogs, two cats and two fish...a regular Noah's ark LOL

Jeanne-Sure you can't have any more horses? I'll send you two at a reduced price LOL Ever break/train them or were yours the upgraded pre trained model? I am really at a loss. We have no clue and no money to invest in a round pen, ect. We got ours as babies, we've known them since they hit the ground really. My husband's aunt breeds them. I really wish DH hadn't decided to surprise me with two colts for our anniversary.

Steph-I am sure your body is just adjusting and soon you will be losing again. It gets harder as you have less to lose or so I have been told LOL. Next week will be a good week I am sure!

Fost-It does take a while to find your groove with the points, onc eyou figure out what works for you it gets easier. I do well with starting my points at dinner, I also do better when I plan ahead. You'll get there! You are doing a great job, keep it up!!!

Well I lost the three pounds I gained last week. So I feel better. I did 20 minutes last night on the treadmill and 30 minutes of a pilates dvd and then 30 minutes on the treadmill this afternoon. So I got to add to my bank.

Well have a great night everyone!!!!!
Closed Thread