South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/159/130

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Default Grrrr... gaining frustrations!!

Heyy everyone... I've been on phase two for a week now and I gained back a pound and a half!! My measurements didn't budge and I've been excercising. Here's what I think MAY have happened... I had little bits of brownies thoughout the week ( but we're talking teaspons), I had one slc of pizza last night( eek!!), and also I had started eating granola until I realized the massiva calorie count. Could these be reasons why?? Thank you!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #2  

Oh it is very frustrating I know...keep up working out and drink water TONS of it.....also add veggies into your diet..that helped me.
anyways just dont give up!

<3
chels
Old 01-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You should have eased into Phase II. Some chicks call it Phase 1.5. Try adding a starch at breakfast only for a week. If that's OK add something else, like one fruit a day. Granola is pretty deadly! And "lttle" bits of non-op things can really throw you out of losing mode.
Perhaps ypou can post a few days of menues for the successful Phase II folks to check out.
Check out The Emergency Handbook for Phase II.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:25 PM   #4  
Mythical

S/C/G: 186/172/120

I also think I overdid it with the transition from phase 1 to 2. As a result I haven't lost any weight-I think I actually gained a pound since last week. There are too many foods that are triggers for me, unfortunately. I'm gonna get back into it, maybe try a phase 1.5 like you said, Ruth.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #5  

My guess is that it's water weight...when you eat carbs, you retain more water for/from (forget which) your body metabolizing the carbs (so in reverse, that's one reason why P1 flushes so much water out). I don't think the cheating really did you in (although I'm sort-of a believer in cheating, but that's another story)...a lot of people also retain some water from exercise, which could also account for the pound or so, and since our body weight fluctuates by several pounds throughout the say, it's not much to worry about...

As angelshine mentioned, drink lots of water...drinking more water actually helps get any extra water-weight out....and hey, if you're having a small gain, better to go up in lbs than in inches!
Closed Thread