Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #1  

Default New problem for me- Lower Back Pain

I used to suffer a lot from upper back pain- super sore shoulders and headaches. Last year I had had enough and went to see a plastic surgeon about having breast reduction surgery. I waited a year on a waiting list and finally had my surgery in november.

I couldn't be happier about the results. It's like being a new woman! I'm free from these things that had taken over my entire upper body! The back pain is gone and I am free to exercise and run without giving myself a black eye!

Since november, my activity level has shot through the roof! you can't keep me sitting down! But i'm having some trouble with lower back pain especially after a session on the treadmill!

Help!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Posture is pretty important on the treadmill. Do you have a mirror so that you can watch yourself?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #3  

I don't but i'll make more of an effort to check out my shadow! When my exercise room is finished- i'll hang a mirror there!

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2006, 12:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have a mirror but it's still leaning in a corner
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #5  

I wonder if your body is just readjusting to the redistribution of weight. I would be inclined to add some core body work, I was having low back pain after losing 20lbs and started doing fitball work to strengthen my abs and back. It's really worked for me, and I can do stuff like the rowing machine now which really used hurt my back.

If it continues I would consider getting checked out by a physical therapist who can assess whether it's a muscular/tissue problem that can be solved by exercise and continued weight loss, or whether intervention is necessary.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #6  

I had considered possibility that it was just my body adjusting to a different shape! The change was pretty dramatic maybe I just have to give myself time to adjust to a new body. I have taken up pilates in an effort to strengthen my core!