Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-22-2006, 07:21 AM   #1  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

Default Exercise HELPPPPP and mini trampoline ?

Ok, i have been a sahm for over 2 years and because of not working i think thats why i have gained so much weight. I had a pretty physical job and went from that to sitting on my bum all day Well now that this diet is working i want to step up my exercising as much as possible. I would love to walk or run but we only have an outside track and we dont even have a mall here, lol. I cant be outside with my youngest due to his severe asthma and England is HORRIBLE to him in the winter. So that isnt an option while hubby is deployed. I tried walking aroun my living room but wellll..that made me dizzy i have an eliptical machine but i am so out of shape that 5 minutes is torture, i still do it and hope to gain strength to do more as i go but until that point i dont want to leave it at 5 minutes of exercise, lol. I also have richard simmons sweating to the oldies and i can do 15 to 20 minutes of that without dying. But my biggest thing is that i bought one of those mini trampolines for exercise and it didnt come with a video and the ones online are OUTRAGEOUSLY priced!!!! So i wonder if anyone has any ideas on what kind of moves to do one these other then just jumping up and down..LOL.
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:27 AM   #2  

I'm in England too, and I'm an asthmatic. The winters here are horrible for asthma. Can you get to a pool, your little 'un will benefit as well as you, and many of the council gyms have free childcare too, which is worth investigating. Whereabouts are you in the UK?

You can jog on the trampolines as well as jump, that's what I do on mine at the gym. Just dancing is great exercise too. I sometimes use an exercise dvd for a few minutes to get some ideas, then turn it off and just put music on and make up my own dances. The cat gets very disturbed by her mothers bizarre behaviour!!!

In six weeks or so of exercising you will have improved so much, that you will be looking for new dvd's to do!!! You might also think about investing in a fit ball and some dumbells and do a bit of weight work as well.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

I am the new owner of a mini-trampoline -- it arrived a couple days ago and I just got it put together and have watched the first DVD that came with it. In addition to jumping up and down, many of the movements I saw had a martial arts flavor like punching with your arms, kicking forward with one foot, bringing your knee in toward your chest, etc. If you've ever seen a TaeBo tape the moves would seem very familiar. You can also move your feet from the center toward the side (imagine a clock face printed on your trampoline. Go from the center to the 3:00 and 9:00 position, back to the center. When you get tired of that, go from the center to 12:00 and 6:00.)

Does England have the equivalent of eBay? You might be able to pick up some used tapes there at a more reasonable price.

Donna D., Columbus, Ohio
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:58 AM   #4  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks both for the ideas, and i cant believe i didnt think of ebay!!!! i still use the US ebay since my po box on base is an american addy and shipping is same as if i were in the states....whew. We get taxes back in 2 weeks soooo im taking some of that and investing in a few other things...maybe then hubby will exercise with me when he gets back, he always swears to go to the gym but for us its about a 25 minute drive there and in the evenings we just have so much going on we never feel like it after, lol.
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

I have a mini-tramp. (rebounder) and love it.....I can get my HR up without soreness to my knees. Use whatever music you like and just move, jog, heeldigs, whatever.

(the cats think my behavior is also bizarre, but I told them to get over themselves)
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #6  

I love my rebounder. Sometimes I like to play music and just free style on it. I have urban rebounder compilation #3 that I got on amazon. It was pretty pricey but I really love it and it taught me some different moves to use and since it has 4 workouts it really isn't a bad deal. Also Tracie Long's G-force is a good one that alternates weights and cardio. You can buy it from the reboundAIR website. Some workouts you can do on the rebounder even though they aren't meant to be. You usually have to modify at least some parts. A great idea for someone at your level is to use the Leslie Sansone videos. They are really easy to follow and you can easily do them on the rebounder. I will try and find a list that has all the videos that are easily adapted for you.
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #7  

yeah! I found the list from video fitness

Aerobox with Kathy Smith
AeroJump
Cardio Kicks
Cathe MIC hi-lo, after the initial low impact segment
Cathe's Boot Camp
Cathe's Circuit Max Hi-Lo
Cathe's Imax II and Imax II Blast only premix
Cathe's SJP
CTX Hi-Lo (any)
Denise Austin Powerkickboxing
FIRM "high impact" or plyometric floor aerobics segment
Firm Maximum Cardio
Gay Gasper's Fat Burning for Dummies
Gilad floor cardio
Gilad's Fat Burning Workout
Gin Miller's Waltz to Fitness
Hardcore Kickbox Circuit - particularly Guillermo's jumping jacks/jump & jab sections
Interval Max (I/II) interval blasts
Jump to It
Kathy Smith Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning
Kelli's CIA 9902 Kickbutt Combat GI Jabb's Workout One, with Katalin
Leslie Sansone Too Busy to Workout
Leslie Sansone Walk tapes
Michael Olajide's Aero-Jump.
Michael Olajide's Killer Ab & Back
Mindy Mylrea Jump and Jab 2
Mindy's Action Packed Hi-Lo
P90X Plyometrics
Plyorobics Challenge with Sherry Catlin
Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies
Ropenastics
Tae Bo Basics
Taebos
Todd Gheisar Results Total Body Fat Burning
Old 01-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #8  

Hey there, I just wanted to suggest Quick Fix Cardio Kick with Jani Saffel... I do this one on my rebounder cause she does some jumping jacks and I have huge boobs so... homey don't play dat! Sorry, may be bordering on TMI on that one... EEK!~ The DVD has 4 10 minute workouts and all are good for doin on the mini-trampoline... hope this helps!
LanMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:43 PM   #9  

I used to have trouble with boobs flying around all the time too until I got a great sports bra, now it is no problem.

http://www.title9sports.com/jump.jsp...EGORY&itemID=4