Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #1  
**Nadine Marie**

S/C/G: 173/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Starving On Ww!

I joined weight watchers three days ago, so this is my second day following the points plan and i am always hungry! After my meals im satisfied and i feel good that i didnt eat a ton but an hour or so after eating breakfist, lunch or dinner im hungry again i fight the urges but will this ever stop? before this diet i never realized how much i really was eating, will my stomach shrink after a few days or weeks?

xoxo
nadine
Old 01-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #2  
**Nadine Marie**

Sorry I Posted The Same Thing So Many Times, It Was Going Through So I Thought I Just Wasnt Clicking It Or Something
Old 01-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #3  

Try dividing your points up so you can have a low-point snack - 1 or 2 pts - at 10 and 3 or so. Or, make that zero point soup and eat it whenever you get hungry! Maybe use your five flex points for snacks...you are eating your flex points aren't you? And don't forget activity points...you earn more points when you exercise!

Most of all, hang in there. WW works, really!
Old 01-21-2006, 05:56 PM   #4  
banned

or consider core. i personally dont care for points b/c i think they are too low. ive heard from so many that they are starving. good luck!
Old 01-21-2006, 05:58 PM   #5  

Question Encouragement

Hi - I'm thinking about joining weight watchers AGAIN. Haven't joined for many years - i lost weight then but I was much younger. I don't know how many points I would be allowed. I got discouraged however when I saw an internet site that said a study of WWs showed they averaged 6 pounds a year. The site said that it was possible to lose more.

Can you quick start and go with fewer points?
Does it really work?

I want to lose weight for my daughter's weddings and I have 6 months.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:08 PM   #6  
New mom to be

I felt the same way when I first started WW. It gets a little better, but you do have to have low point or no point snacks in between your meals. I usually have raw veggies which are 0-1pt depending, w/ light italian dressing to dip which is 0pts for 1 serving. Sugar free jello is also a tasty snack and is 0pts per serving!! Pickles are another 0pt snack and are a good way to get in your veggies! I also try to incorporate some of these into my meals so that I don't use as many pts. The key is to utilize the 0-2pt foods to much on to keep full. Stick w/ it, it does work!!

Valentine's goal:

Started WW on June 1 '05 (long term goal):
Old 01-21-2006, 07:01 PM   #7  
**Nadine Marie**

Thanks for all the tips girls! To the comment about flex points - i havent used any of mine yet, i want to use those only if im desperate or use them for peanut butter or ranch to eat with my veggies when im snacking. And i havent been shown yet how to use activity points yet because its my first week. Just went shopping and bought celery, apples, bananas, cucumbers, carrots, fat free ranch, Parkay spray butter (0 cals! a life saver!) and i think thats it. What kind of jello is 0 pts per serving? cuz id love jello and need something to snack on between meals.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:20 PM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Try having a bit of protein with every meal - this may help you to stay full longer.

i.e. peanut butter with toast in the morning or eggs for breakfast
snacks like low fat cheese or carrots with hummous dip, celery with laughing cow light or philly low fat cream cheese.

Jello brand makes a sugar free jello - all of the sugar free flavours are 0 points and are quite good. I like the cherry and the orange.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:28 AM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

The points are not too low but the reason the people are starving is they are having too many simple carbs and not following the 8 Great Health Guidelines as well as a balanced diet.

The points are based on Basal Metalobic Rates and much research.

I like points because it teaches portion control but I also like Core because it teaches health. I think they work well hand in hand.

So post a menu of when you are starving and let us look at it.

Like Mauv.. said make sure to get some sort of protein at each meal, make your carbs complex, eat plenty of veggies, drink your water and ensure you get in your 2 healthy fats and your 2(3 if over 50 or a teen) servings of dairy. This will keep you happy and satisified.

Also try 3 meals with small snacks a day between.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #10  

try spaghetti squash with a can of mixed beans heated in the frypan mixed with salsa. hardly any points and tonnes of fiber which really fills you up!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #11  

I agree with Kelly, the points aren't too low, you just have to find a pace that works for you! Chose the foods that have the most bang for your buck. You can eat 2 cookies or three apples for the same amount of points. I try to spread my points like this: 4 points for breakfast, 4 points for lunch and 8-10 points for supper. That leaves a lot of snacking points available for in between. You should eat something every few hours, your body needs that fuel! Also, the water really helps and eat your meals really slowly. It takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain it's not hungry anymore! You can eat alot of food for nothing in that 20 minutes!
Old 01-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 428/338/185

I find that if I eat a balanced meal with adequate protein and a little fat, a serving of complex carbs with high fiber I don't get hungry in between meals. If I am hungry I grab a point or two of protein between meals. That usually knocks out hunger. Also drink zero point hot beverages or water in between meals to help curb hunger.

Good Luck!
Old 01-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #13  

Default ww works keep it up

WW really works it is the only thing i have tried and kept the weight off with. for the past 20 years i have tried everything... hypno,jenny,nutri,fad etc.

Drink water when you feel hungry it helps sometimes we are dehydrated and then feel hungry.

habit of eating happens and our brain tells us we are hungry.

eat low point snacks many times a day. veggis, low cal jello, sugar free popcicles etc. be creative.

make the soup and eat eat eat it. the more you eat the faster you'll lose really it works.

most of all take one day at a time and remember that no matter what don't give up. You can do this.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #14  

Yes, Weight Watchers really works. It took me along time but I didnt try to rush it. I just went day by day. I had alot to lose and had tried alot of other programs before and lost but gained it all back. I was on NutriSystem, Pondimun-the pill, calorie counting, but you learn alot of health things in this forum and at Weight Watchers, you are not as likely to learn on those other diets. Weight Watchers isnt a diet its a way of life. Continue with it and you will have a new way of life, I think you will be glad you did, I know I am glad. I lost 131 pounds and feel much better for it. It took along time but it was well worth. I am sure these have been around awhile but I just happened on the Jello brand Sugarfree, Fatfree puddings that you mix with fatfree milk. On the package it says, 1/2 cup prepared with fatfree milk=70 calories, 0 fat, and 0 fiber. My calculations are that it is one point for 1/2 cup. You must figure this for your self to make sure its right. No matter what the point says on a box, take the nutrition facts, calorie, fat and fiber and figure it yourself to make sure it is accurate. Those points finders are very helpful. I also drink the Great Value Mix drink that you add water to, it says on the label no calories, no fat, no fiber. It is a sugarfree drink. The only ones of that brand that have any sodium that I have found are the Grape flavor and Strawberry if you watch your sodium. Its not a lot of sodium but some. Another snack idea, its a few more points but its a nice treat if you like cottage cheese and pineapple. Take a slice of bread, top with a pineapple slice, then put 1/C cottage cheese on it and microwave it. I use the fatfree cottage cheese but the regular or low fat cottage cheese would be good also. Those are just a few tips I have. There are alot of people here that have been on longer than me and know alot more about nutrition than me, they have alot more ideas and this is a really good site. You will learn alot here. Well, I better get back to playing my dominoes.

Buh Bye,
Lisa
Old 01-22-2006, 04:54 PM   #15  

I made a mistake on that previous post. It is 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.

Lisa
Closed Thread