LA Weight Loss - Programs different at different centers?

wtxchick
01-21-2006, 04:09 PM
This is one thing that I have been curious about for some time because I read different posts where some say something is not allowed and then others say that it is.

For example, I read on the daily thread where someone said movie popcorn was absolutely not allowed on LAWL. According to the program I received, that is not true. On my LA Tip Cards, 1/2 of a small bag of popcorn at the movie theater is allowed. Although I can't remember how to count it, it is on my Tip Cards and can be counted. So can pretzels at the mall and cappuccino at Starbucks. And, using the Tip Cards is encouraged by the counselors at my COD in order to make the program more flexible and liveable. No one has ever said that it will affect longterm weight loss. Granted, I might be up a little from the sodium in the popcorn, but it is water retention, not fat/weight gain and would not affect the overall movement on the scale.

Do we not all have the same programs?? I was just wondering...

Andi

deetsmom
01-21-2006, 04:17 PM
I was never given tip cards, I was told that the foods in my book are what I am allowed during the weight loss phase and that anything else would deter my loss...sorry this isnt what you wanted to hear, Im sure. I think it depends on whether a center is franchised or corporate, possibly...

wtxchick
01-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Oh no! I don't necessarily want to hear any certain thing, I was just curious as to why some say something is allowed and something isn't. I just think it's a little odd. I know Weight Watchers program is Weight Watchers program no matter what center you go to in whatever city. That is obviously not the case here. No matter!:shrug: I'll keep my movie popcorn though!:lol:

Andi

marbear
01-21-2006, 10:26 PM
If you are losing while using the tip cards, then by all means use the tip cards. If you aren't losing on the tip cards, reevaluate if movie popcorn is that important to you right now.

Mary

juliemarie
01-22-2006, 01:19 AM
It all depends whether your center is corporate or a franchise. Different programs, prices, and flavors of lites.

Gymgurl
01-22-2006, 02:56 PM
I want a tip card lololol