Support Groups - A Few Good friends #14!

View Full Version : A Few Good friends #14!

andreaphilip3
01-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Hello,this thread is for all of you that want to post daily with a great bunch of people. As we strive to obtain our weight loss goal we turn to each other for advice,support and motivation!! we also provide jokes,quotes giggles,a shoulder to cry on and a place to vent! I hope you all enjoy being apart of " A FEW GOOD FRIENDS"! Good Luck and Welcome!
come join us and make this the year you resolve to the weight!!!

who's gonna post first? hehe....

andreaphilip3
01-21-2006, 03:54 PM
wow i hope that jasmine(jazy g) got my email about ww cuz today was her deadline to appear and if she didnt, i hope she decides to reregister in lieu of paying 24$ just b/c she missed it.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-21-2006, 04:23 PM
ME!!! I'm posting first!!! HAHA!! I beat you all!!!HAHA!!! SO??What's up??

HappyWife
01-21-2006, 04:28 PM
I am starving today! Well, maybe not starving, but I definately have a huge case of munchies. I am trying to spread out 100cal mini-meals throughout the day. That usually helps on these days...

andreaphilip3
01-21-2006, 04:43 PM
lmao wendy!!!!
hi happy! whats up? nuttin here....

Wide in Winnipeg
01-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi Happy!!!! Are you going to play Dump your Plump with us too??!!! I hope so! The more the merrier!

Hun.e.B
01-21-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm here too! Just finished a workout, still gotta get on the bike yet today. Trying to figure out what to eat, I got so busy cleaning my kitchen I kind of forgot lunch and now its 2:30...oops! Hope you all are having a great day!

~melissa

andreaphilip3
01-21-2006, 06:03 PM
hi melissa!

sup wendy? whatcha doin?

nighthawk
01-21-2006, 07:20 PM
:wave: Greetings, am I in the right place to dump the plump? Had my first ww meeting today and I'm highly motivated right now.:carrot: :ebike:
Lori

Wide in Winnipeg
01-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Yep!! You got the right place!!! Welcome to the group Nighthawk!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Heres a few tips:
5-6 small meals per day
2 shorter workouts per day
eat breakfast
exercise in the morning
drink green tea
drink 0.55 times your body weight in water daily

drink 32oz. of cold water on a empty stomach,don't eat breakfast for 30 mins. This will force your body to raise it's core temp,thereby stimulating your metabolism and excreating any excess water.

Hope some of this helps all of you!

andreaphilip3
01-21-2006, 08:02 PM
welcome hawk!

GeorgiePorgie
01-21-2006, 08:32 PM
What is "Dump Your Plump" and how do you play?

andreaphilip3
01-21-2006, 10:09 PM
hiya eddie!(whoops! did i make a boo boo? i already had you acounted for)

its just a game i made up to gain support, and encouragement on our journeys to lose wt. ppl earn points each day for positive behavior changes and then each week the person w the most points gets recognition on its own thread and is encouraged to splurge on a small personal reward:)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-22-2006, 12:21 AM
well ladies, thay's me for the night! I'm tired and I have a headache so I'm off to bed! See ya tomorrow!
wendy

jazy
01-22-2006, 01:47 AM
hey ladies,

How are you alldoing, good I hope.
Well, i had the worst week of my life.lets just say that I laugh and cried this week.but somehow I managed to lose 2lbs this week.1st good thing .And and I love my new job a my new job.Wish me good luck for this week.Oh, and I wish you good luck.

Diane ,i miss you, hang in their my love!!
WENDY ,TESS, what's up!!!

----main goal----Hopefully 1/2 done by june 24,2006:carrot:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/slider-scaleblue/lb/220.4/150/213.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

---mini goal---VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-chicks/fireworks01/lb/220/200/213/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

MyOwnSaboteur
01-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Hello Ladies :wave:

Well today is day #2 for me and I can't wait for tomorrow to come so we can start dump the plump, I am really pumped :strong:

I think my biggest challenge will be the exercise, I have four kids ages 7, 5, 3 and 1. I homeschool the two older ones. Between the homeschooling, running after the two youngest, trying (but usually failing) to keep up with the housework, and getting up usually 5 times a night with 1 year old (every night :eek: ) he is a horrible sleeper, I am exhausted and just can't seem to fit it in :cry:

Tomorrow I will do my best though to try and find sometime to get it in. I did an exercise ticker with a goal to obtain and I want to do my best to meet it.

Anyway ladies I look forward to supporting and getting support from you as we all dump the plump.

Monica

Wide in Winnipeg
01-22-2006, 10:29 AM
:hyper: Good morning ladies, I am pumped about tomorrow too!! I really needed something to get me motivated again and I think this is going to do the trick!! I am a sore loser and like to win so you all have some fierce compitition!!!!!!!And the more I cheer you on the more I'm going to want to do too!!:D well off to feed the little guy,catch ya all later:crazy:

HappyWife
01-22-2006, 11:25 AM
I have averaged 12oo cals the last week, but my stupid cheap scales aren't moving! Think I will lay off my popcorn tonight (it causes me to retain water). I need to buy better scales, though. These are awful! If I lean at all, have them in the wrong place on the floor, etc, they will vary up to 10#:?:

Hun.e.B
01-22-2006, 11:29 AM
I'm very disappointed today! Today was the first weigh in for me since I started and I was down just 8 lbs. Now I know thats alot...but for 3 weeks for me, and just the start not really. I've busted my butt this past 3 weeks eating 1400 calories and exercising 1.5 to 2 hours a day. yes, I also lost 6.5 inches overall, I suppose I should stop feeling sorry for myself. But, you know how you expect a really big loss right in the beginning to keep you all pumped up, its hard not to get that. Well, I'm not giving up! Just means I gotta work extra hard! Classes start for me tomorrow (I'm a fulltime student as well as a mom). I can do this!! Its just not going to be as easy as last time apparently! LOL! Thanks for listening to my pity party!

today is a planned "off" day for me due to a little football party...GO BRONCOS!!! But then its right back at it with full force! I'm going to Disneyworld in June I've gotta get these extra pounds off!! The last theme park we went to, I tried to go on a ride with my little one and I had to get off because they couldnt close the safty rail, that will NOT happen this time!!!

Okay...venting is over! I can do this!! I WILL do this!! Have a wonderful sunday everyone!

~melissa

Wide in Winnipeg
01-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi Jaynee!! Hey you just found the perfect excuse to go to the mall!! You really do need to get a great new scale,especially if you plan on joining in on the game!! I know you will do great!
Mellisa, 8lbs that's fantastic!!!! I always think it is better to lose weight at a slower rate,that way it won't jump back on your arse when you arn't looking:D
Diane, where are you darlin'???? I guess you went grocery shopping to pick up all those nice healthy foods !!! I think we should all go and do that today,I mean whose going to have time during the week when your doing all that exercising!!!
Lunch time!

MyOwnSaboteur
01-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Hi my fellow losers :dancer:

Melissa :bravo: 8 pounds is fantastic. I think everyone who diets would like to loose 5 pounds a week however they say 2 pounds a week is a healthy weight loss. And you even lost more than that. You should be soooooo proud of yourself. Enjoy your football party, my BIL would love you as Denver is his favourite team. I however am Green Bay all the way!!!!! Tomorrow's our start date so enjoy today while it lasts :spin:

Happy your scale does sound off. How dare it not give you a loss after all your hard work :tantrum: that's just not on!!! We bought a scale almost $200.00 and give us our weight, fat percent and water percent. It as great scale and well worth the money spent. However with all the money it still sometimes upsets me with a gain or no loss. I think for that price it should only tell me what I want to hear ;) Remember no :corn: for you tonight!:

Wide in Winnipeg, well I am also very competative and look forward to beating you :goodluck: your going to need it :rofl: :crazy:

Okay enough silliness from me, I need to go put the little one down for his nap and see if I can work a couple of miles off me ticker, good luck to me, ;)

Monica

LeslieFM
01-22-2006, 02:10 PM
It is raining here!!!!!! But kinda cold, bummer.

No weight on the scale for me this week either....grrrrrrr

But, my waist is one inch smaller....

I was hoping for less weight tho cuz I have been exercising every day and eating well.....

What do I have to do to "dump the plump" :P

Hi wendy, jazmine, melissa, jaynee, monica, tess, sorry for missing some...trying to figure out who everyone is...

Jazy...have a good week!!!!!

andreaphilip3
01-22-2006, 03:36 PM
hi gfuys!!!
wassup? hey jaz wendy honey leslie sorry if i missed anyone!(((((((( ))))))

homemade
01-22-2006, 03:51 PM
just make'n sure I am in, not sure if I am signing up twice or not, if so sorry, I just don't want to miss out sounds like fun, and I need the help to get back on track LYNDA

tlm5285
01-22-2006, 04:05 PM
hi ladies i'm new to this site and to the whole internet thing. looking for motivation to help me get back to 170(,y lowest weight) and then keep losing. I go to WW and have all the tools needed for weight loss just need to use them . looking forward to the challange Tammmy;)

mharvey_69
01-22-2006, 04:26 PM
to join the dump your plump all you have to do is write in the quick reply?. also i was looking for a good motivating group to join, this looks like it. i just got the ear staples to help with my food cravings. has anyone else tried them?

sweet_pea
01-22-2006, 05:34 PM
awww jeeze i posted in the other thread last night not knowing you had started a new one. can i ask why you start new threads so often? is there some pattern to it?

i don't know about this dump the plump. can someone pls fill me in? it's already monday here so i don't know if you've started...???

jazy
01-22-2006, 05:40 PM
hey ladies, whats up!!!
I hope everyone is having a great moring , well I am off to the gym!!

What is ear stapling mharvey????

Wide in Winnipeg
01-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi All!! For those of you that didn't make the final sign in for Dump your Plump please feel free to stay onboard A Few Good Friend!! Game #2 will be starting in 12 weeks and will have room for new recruits!!!

nighthawk
01-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi Everyone
I'm excited to start tomorrow and I too love to compete.
I've never heard of ear stapling but in the 80's they used to have ear inserts to curb appetite it put pressure on different part of the ear is it the same type of thing?
Lori

sweet_pea
01-22-2006, 06:58 PM
hi i'm in!!!

oh i had this little gadget you attach to your ear (but not STAPLED ouchy ouch) and it was for stress. there are different points on the ear for different things - eating, stress blah blah. based on chinese accupuncture/pressure i think

andreaphilip3
01-22-2006, 08:23 PM
hi sweet! dont worry i already had you accounted for:)

andreaphilip3
01-22-2006, 08:23 PM
hi hawk!

andreaphilip3
01-22-2006, 08:26 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1095705#post1095705

aliceshellique
01-22-2006, 08:30 PM
I think I joined the correct way, I had posted on the other thread that I wanted to play. So what am I supposed to do?

ERRN
01-22-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm not sure I am doing this right. I'd like to join the dump your plump. I also like the cool measures at the bottom of the emails, and cannot figure out how to do that either. I just joined today. What do I do? How?

sweet_pea
01-22-2006, 09:17 PM
hi allllllllllllll
had an unhealthy snack but breakfast was a really healthy smoothie with cucumber, ginger, celery, and berries plus i have had water with lemon juice. the snack wasn't too bad it was licorice with chocolate in the middle. licorice is supposed to be good for digestion so it wasn't as bad as my usual snacks

taking a wee nap now
later tonight i will be going to dog obedience so that will be part of the day's exercise

andreaphilip3
01-22-2006, 11:28 PM
hi guys!
hey alice....right now nutthin cept maaybe post a lil bout yreself on the bio thread:)
i eern..... welcome!
sup sweetpea?

jazy
01-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Hey all,
I am about to go to bed so just wanted to say good night and good luck with the competition!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Hi All!! I got to tell you ,right now Diane has me lost on this "DYP" thing..All I know is that as of 12 minutes ago I am involved in a game that I WILL WIN!! HaHa!! I have to figure out when to post this and where to post that,I'm a bit confused..since I was supposed to be in on this from the beginning.I have no idea what is going on!! lol Whatever,just go with it I guess!
So it is late and I have a trillion things to do tomorrow!!

HeyDiane, want to clear things up for us?? Do we post results daily or weekly?? I guess everyone is responsible for their own points if it is weekly,maybe I'm just tired but I don't get it.
Night everyone!! Good luck!!

megsa
01-23-2006, 02:50 AM
Hey guys

Just dropping in quickly before I start working. DYP sounds good, but I think I'm too late for this one and will get onto the next one! My ticker hasn't moved but I've lost 1/2 kg (sort of 400g actually - scale couldn't decide where to stop!!) Will be trying to cut out as muchs starch as poss this week and see what happens. Did go out for lunch on sat, ate ok, but then bought some marie biscuit fudge on the way out! Was really good and I did cycle for 45min that night and an hour last night! Hope to have kept the damage to a minimum!

Packing things up slowly and now have almost no clothes for the next two weeks as they have become padding in a box!

Will check in later.

Mwah

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 03:34 AM
i just got home

went to dog obedience it's about 40 minutes and we do lots of walking around in circles so its good exercise and my puppy needs to learn to walk well on a lead. plus she's really scared of other dogs so i have to give her a chance to meet dogs and get better with them

had lasagne and salad for dinner all good. altho would like some chocolat now!

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 03:35 AM
ph wendy just read your post. io asked some of the same questions in the DYP threads. will go see if diane has given us the "rules"

Wide in Winnipeg
01-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Morning all!!!! What ya all doin'???? I have to go to the store and the bank, etc today so I won't be around much till after 3pm! I have to go and pick up a carpet shampooer also,so when I am shampooing I will be counting that as exercise!! That is alot of work!!!
Diane where are you??? Are you lost?? I know you poster on DYP already...
Good luck Ladies

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 02:50 PM
morning
i had a friend staying last night so i am up early but i will probably go back to bed for a nap during the day. the weather is crap. it is summer but there are black skies and torrential rain forecast to continue until the end of the week

she brought some apple cider vinegar with honey that she has with water in the morning so i had some as well. tastes yuck but supposed to be very healthy!!!

andreaphilip3
01-23-2006, 05:58 PM
hi guys,
im here. ive had a very busy day w brace stuff.....yuck.
hi meg! you can join if you want to i think i already added you last week? wtg on your loss.!

carpet shampoo sounds fun!!!:D
there are no rules to dyp other than everyone is responsible for their own points bc theres way to many ppl for me and wendy to be doing that.

andreaphilip3
01-23-2006, 06:00 PM
hiya meg.... i was right.....your on the list so if you wanna jump in go ahead if you wanna sit out thats ok too.:)

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 08:01 PM
diane what do you mean by brace stuff?

i haven't ventured outside yet. it is revolting even the dogs aren't keen on spending time outside. the daily walk is definitely off so will have to dance or something like that.

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 08:27 PM
ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!

the dogs just came in and they are drenched. but that;s not the worst the puppy has a muddy nose and paws and just ran to the couch and rubbed her wet filthy body along it to dry herself. have to go find the couch protectors pronto. grrrr

AndyandMegansMom
01-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Sweet Pea - I have a house with light tile the entire downstairs! We have had mild weather so my puppy has been muddy every day. I give up. Housekeeping is NOT my thing. I should have married for money (only kidding). What kind of puppy to do you have? We have a 4 month old Golden. I need to sign him up for school too. I am working with him myself, but think he would benefit from being with the other dogs. Classes are hard for me to make due to my kids active athletic schedules, but I think I will try to fit it in. -Kelly

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Shed is leaking grrr
Furniture wrecked. Some of my books etc etc. still sorting it out :( not a happy camper

yes i have an 8 mth golden retriever and one that is nearly 4 yrs old

i am going to find it very hard not to comfort eat today...

Wide in Winnipeg
01-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Well ladies!! Guess it 's kind of boring around here with everyone chatting about the game....I did my share today so enough about that!!I am pretty happy with my day so far, got all my running around done in no time flat because I left Ryan with my mom. And she looked after him while I did some exercising!!! Lucky girl I am to have a mom like her!!! Gotta go put Ryan in the tub,I'll check in before bed!!

sweet_pea
01-23-2006, 10:00 PM
what do you mean??? Kelly and I were talking about our beloved pooches. nothing boring about that!

yup i could do with a mum like that too wendy. what i need is someone to come help me sort out my shed

Wide in Winnipeg
01-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Ok Girls, that's it for me!!! I'm going to relax and get away from this computer for the night! I have a big day planned for tomorrow,consists of exercise,eating and more exercise!!! lol!! :D See ya tomorrow!:hug:

jazy
01-24-2006, 01:56 AM
hey girls, I know I am mad late.
hey but better late then never
Hope eveyone is going strong and staying strong.

man these past 2 weeks have been **** for me but somehow i have been surviving.

welll whatever dosn't kill you just makes you stronger.

Diane-how's it going man yesterday was in intense day. I went to work for 8 hours schoool for 6 and tried to work out during that.I am going to go to the gym (YMCA) tommorrow. I just plan on getting some activity on the treadmill.you?

goodnight!!

sweet_pea
01-24-2006, 02:01 AM
hey all. feeling better now after sorting out garage. still more to do on it. ate well but am thinking about sugary snacks hehe

megsa
01-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Have had to work this morning - not good!! Only another 6 days in front and then it's back to my desk in the corner!!!! Can't wait... It's raining here and so I feel cold, even if it isn't that cold! Diet ok, but didn't do all the weights I should have last night, but did still do the 45min on the bike. Am trying to cut out starch this week to see what happens weight wise. Head sore, more work to come, going to sit here and mope for a bit! :D My temper is extremely short at the moment and just everything gets on my nerves - hope it passes soon!!

Meg

hellokittyfan
01-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi guys,

Been offline for a bit. I'm back now.

I joined WW this weekend. I lost 2.5 pounds before I started, so I'm on my way. It's a challenge, but I think I can do it!

I hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

Lisa :carrot:

Wide in Winnipeg
01-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Morning!!!! Boy my abs are sore!!!:D I love my workout tapes ,they are the best!!!!! HOW IS EVERYONE FEELING TODAY??? Can't wait till workout time!!! Did you see Veerie and lizzbabes points for the day??? Crazy results~ 11 and 12 points!!! Time to kick it up a notch!!
See ya...

Tessa where are you???

sweet_pea
01-24-2006, 02:26 PM
OMG wendy - that's enthusiasm. i'm just doing cardio and some stretching. haven't got into strength training yet

still miserably wet and overcast here. the rain was so bad in last 2 days that there have been floods and houses collapsing. lucky i'm ok.

hi kitty good luck with WW

my new meds are better the last ones made me hungry all the time so i have already lost 1lb (0.5kg)

meg i know about everything getting on your nerves. i felt that way yday. only 725am here now so will see how the day goes. lots to do! need to do more work on my mother's accounts (which i HATE) and some of my own stuff too...

Wide in Winnipeg
01-24-2006, 03:41 PM
:D

sweet_pea
01-24-2006, 04:16 PM
let's hope she's busy and happy and will be back soon

Come back Diane we miss you :D

andreaphilip3
01-24-2006, 04:29 PM
hi guys!(((((((THANKS)))))) i hads drs appts and things dont look good and im really stressed.:(

hey pea! sorry bout the dogs....
hi jaz!!!! hangin in huh? good for you!!

colaz
01-24-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm here I'm here! LOL...I looked through 14 and I have no idea what is going on? Somthing about a game? I love games!

Ummm sorry I havn't checked in. On Friday I went home with a bunch of my friend (10 of us), and we were too busy to get on the computer. At least I didn't get a chance. My great aunt died on Friday also, so I attended a funeral on Sunday, so didn't get back until late Sunday. Yesterday was just nuts, and I've been going non stop until now.

Well...drum roll....I lost 2 pounds last week! I'm down to 155 lbs now again, so a good start! So far this week I'm doing well. I didn't get a chance to work out yesterday, but I ate well. Today I have been eating...pretty good but tonight I'm going to work out so it will even be better.

I am leaving tomorrow to visit my brother and sister-in-law in Iowa City, but I should have a computer there. So, I shouldn't disapear. Sorry for staying away so long!

Hello everyone! Is ee that so many here have lost weight, WTG! I need to check out this game...hmmm

I'll be back!

andreaphilip3
01-24-2006, 06:01 PM
actually there are no rules except for being responsible for your own points.

colaz
01-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey Diane (((((((((((((((((((((Diane)))))))))))))))))))))) How are you doing?

Hey Wendy! Thanks for the info. :) I still have some to check up on!

What a great idea!

sweet_pea
01-24-2006, 06:32 PM
hey diane - take care of yourself. i hope things get better for you soon

we need to have some rules for the game otherwise the winner can just count everything and anything under the sun LOL. plus everyone will want questions answered

i am drinking my health giving apple cider vinegar. will see if it works

colaz
01-24-2006, 06:47 PM
health giving apple cider? I love apple cider! How is it? Never heard of it...?

How are you doing sweetpea! It seems good from what I have been reading!

Well, I have my goal finished for homework, and now I have about 20 minutes just to mess around on my computer :) lol I have a meeting at 5:30, 6:30 I'm going to workout, at 8:00 I have student senate, and at 9:00 I have the Aefect (the Christian group I go to on Tuesday nights). Today is just nuts.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Hello ladies! Just so you know,if you have any more questions about DYP please contact Diane,I no longer have authority on that project. Thanks and good luck!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-24-2006, 09:18 PM
I had Pizza for dinner!!!:D it was homemade so not as bad as I thought on the fat issue! I still did great and managed my portions!
Hoping I can check in before bad tonight.
W.

andreaphilip3
01-24-2006, 11:02 PM
hi guys!!
hey tess!!! sup girl? (((((thanks))))))))

hey sweet! i guess i said it poorly so im sorry....what i meant was that, no rules other than tracking points following the guidelines i posted for the behaviors i listed. does that help? i guess i will revise what i wrote.....

im struggling...i think my mouth may be infected so i need a dentist.

jazy
01-24-2006, 11:31 PM
a dentist !!! hey what happened diane!!!

Oh, diane did you email her!!!

andreaphilip3
01-24-2006, 11:44 PM
hi jaz!!!!!((((((((sup girl?))))))) thanks. yea i have a cavity.... what else is new.... BUT ive a feeling theres an absess of some sort. i swear, im like wtf!?? it never stops!!!!!!
oh and yes i did....:)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-25-2006, 12:18 AM
Good Night Ladies.;)

colaz
01-25-2006, 01:30 AM
Wendy! I hope you sleep tight! Talk to you tomorrow

Diane, call who? LOL, I feel like I've missed so much. I hope you can get to a dentist tomorrow for your tooth...that isn't any fun! I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Sweetpea, I hope you have a great night. You are doing great!

Hey Jazz!

Well, I had an excelent day! My workout kick butt...did the eliptical for half an hour, and the stair stepper for another half hour. I also did half an hour of lifting weights. I just had a lot of energy today ,but I have a feeling I'm going to regret it tomorrow lol.

Eating today ended up ok. When I got back...I was really hungry but I snacked on healthy ofod. I don't think I ate enough (before) for the amount I worked out.

So...off to bed now! I hope to get some sleep tonight at least.

megsa
01-25-2006, 06:31 AM
Urgh!! Got to work to find that the huge document I typed yesterday had to be completely changed!!! My PE is now on my S*** List for the day! It is now 12:30 and I've finished the typing and done the plans and phoned the Contractors!! Can chill for a bit but PE gets back after lunch and things will get a bit nuts again.

I stayed on the bike for an extra 15min last night after seeing how much time other people were putting in! Stuck to the plan and could even have 4 biscuits (cookies) to bring me up to my points total! My mom made a wonderful tuna caserole thingy and it was wonderful and the whole dish was only about 9 pts! There's still enough for tonight as well!

Still have to go to the bank and may do that now before lunch.

Sweet - we had rain yesterday, but today is better, although I haven't been out since this am and it may be very muggy!

Meg

colaz
01-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Meg, wtg on the bike lastnight! lol...it does help motivate doesn't it? I'm finding the same. Sorry about your word document...that sucks! Sounds like you did great yesterday though!

Well, good morning ladies! I am working on some coffee right now and I just finished a good breakfast (post ceriel). I also had a glass of orange juice. One point so far for today! lol

I have class from about 11:30 until 3 today. At 3:00 I'm planning on working out, and after that I'm heading to Iowa City for the rest of the weekend. Really looking forward to getting away.

Well, I'll be around for awhile yet this morning.

colaz
01-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Hmmm where is everyone? LOL, I feel like I'm missing something, but I think this is the thread we are at? Maybe I should look.

So, leaving in a few minutes to meet with a professor. I'll be gone for the rest of the afternoon, might have a chance to check in before I leave. Otherwise I'll try to check in when I get to Iowa City. Talk to you later!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi Tessa !!!! It's the right place!! HAHA!!! I settled for the bagel w cream cheese!!!
That tuna cassarole sounds devine Meg!!! Can I have some??TEHE!:D

Tess, have fun in IOWA!!!! That sounds like fun! I will live vicariously through you!! All I get to do is go to the mall!

Hi Sweetpea! How did you do yesterday???

colaz
01-25-2006, 02:08 PM
aw Wendy, I ALWAYS have fun in Iowa...lol So...all you do is go to a mall...I don't even have a mall semi-close to where I live lol. So, your breakfast sound good! Good day so far?

Well, my meeting went well. I have a class in about 20 minutes, so I'm just working on some lunch right now (a ham wrap...good so far...another point! lol). Just messing around on the computer until then.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-25-2006, 03:21 PM
My mom just asked me to go to a movie with her tonight! Maybe I will get out of this rut I'm stuck in!! HAHA!!:D I think we are going to see "Walk the Line". Should be o.k.
So......What's new?? Nobody want's to post here today??? To busy exercising???? Well, I say good for you!!
Hi again Tessa!!!And Meg of course!!:)

nymmy
01-25-2006, 03:33 PM
hi :wave: :chicken:

Wide in Winnipeg
01-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi Vanessa!! Glad you found us!!:D

:carrot: Hey Ladies, just so you know I will be putting A Few good Friends # 15 up over the weekend so please be sure to look for it!!:carrot:
Thanks!! have a great day!!!
Wendy

Wide in Winnipeg
01-25-2006, 05:55 PM
have I got a diet for you!! Here it is!!!

Monday-Breakfast-Weak tea
Lunch-1 bouillion cube in 1/2 cup diluted water
Dinner-1 pigion thigh,2oz. prune juice(gargle only)

Tuesday-Breakfast-Scraped crumbs from burnt toast
Lunch-1 doughnut hole without sugar
Dinner-3 eyes from irish potatoes(diced)

Wednesday-Breakfast-Shredded eggshell skin
Lunch-navel froman orange
Dinner-2 jellyfish skins,1 gallon diluted water

Thursday-Breakfast-Boiled out stains from tablecloth
Lunch-1/2 dozen poppy seeds
Dinner-Bee's knees and mosquito knuckles sauted with vineger

Friday-Breakfast-2 lobster antenna's
Lunch-1 guppy fin
Dinner-Fillet of soft shell crab claw

Saterday-Breakfast-4 chopped banana seeds
Lunch-broiled butterfly liver
Dinner-jelly fish vertabrae(jellied)

Sunday-Breakfast-Pickled humming bird tongue
Lunch-prime rib of tadpole
Dinner-aroma of empty custard pie shell,tossed paprika and clover
leaf(1) salad

All meals to be eaten under microscope to avoid extra portions

HAHA!:D

Wide in Winnipeg
01-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi!! Having a great time chatting to myself here!!!! I'm on my way out so I'll catch myself later(haha)!!:D

nymmy
01-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi...

I spent the day trying to find a sports bra. Heh, what a frustrating thing to do. Everywhere I went had sports bras for 100 pound girls with no boobs. Not a 200 pound mama with nursing boobs!
So, finally I went and ordered a really expensive one from the sears catalogue, but at least I am hoping that my boobs wont move an inch in it.

I joined the Y and I see a personal trainer on friday, I am looking forward to that.

uhm, I really want to binge on cookies!

sweet_pea
01-25-2006, 09:16 PM
OMG wendy that's funny

sorry no time to post today. have had 2 lots of visitors and i still have masses to do plus i am going out tonight for a bbq and should go for a walk or do something useful before hand

lunch was crap. i had visitors and we went down the road and got bad food. i feel like crap now it wasn't good for me and i wasn't even hungry before i started

plus i am likely to eat tonight as i am stressed out and it's what i do when food is in front of me. a lot will be healthy but still overdoing it is bad. I should really stay home. My anxiety is at 10 and when in this stage killing maiming and tantrums are not out of the question

bye for now

andreaphilip3
01-25-2006, 10:57 PM
hi guys!
hi tess!!! how goes it?
hey pea! u ok?????((((((( )))))) im w ya believe me:(

Wide in Winnipeg
01-25-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm going to bed.

megsa
01-26-2006, 03:30 AM
Wendy - That diet sounds good! After a few days of that you will most likely be very thin...and very dead!!!

I skipped the bike and weights last night and just packed more books from my room as they are coming to fetch the bed and various other things to take to auction today. Will be sleeping on the floor for the next week til we move! Will get on my bike again tonight. It made a funny noise on Tues, so will have a look at it tonight first! Hope it's not bust!!!

Have found a 'bootcamp' style workout in one of my mags that I'll start next month and then of course in March starts the Self Challenge - I hope that the rest of you will all be joining me on that...3 months and lots to gain....

Nothing else to say. No work even, so will go and surf..

meg

megsa
01-26-2006, 08:40 AM
We've just had a huge storm and it's still raining. Wish I was home in bed with a large cup of coffee and a good book. A few problems with this...1: I packed all my books up last night and 2: the auction people came this morning to collect my bed!!!

andreaphilip3
01-26-2006, 11:32 AM
hi guys!
bootcamp? col! good luck meg!

hey tess, jazz, and wendy whats up?

HappyWife
01-26-2006, 11:41 AM
....3 months and lots to gain....

I thought the idea was to lose...;)

andreaphilip3
01-26-2006, 01:51 PM
hiya happy!
lol on the lose...i think what she means is that theres alot of benefits:)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi, HAHA Meg on the bed and book thing!!!!! I know how you feelsometimes.
I have had all of 3 hours sleep last night so bed is exactly where I want to be right at this very moment! Not going to happen though:(
not up to much today,helping a friend with some shopping for a party issues,doesn't know what to buy or how much so I'll give her a hand with that. I'm making my fattening spinich dip for the event and won't be able to touch it(to bad,it's pretty good),that's ok,I don't want to gain anything back that I have lost!!Last night was hard enough with pasta for dinner!!
thats me folks!

sweet_pea
01-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Been having keyboard problems and have changd battery several times but that does not fix it. sometimes it types fine and that is good. other times you strike the keys and the don't register OR the opposite and it repeats keys when you have only hit them once

so wn't postmuch until fixed. byefornow

andreaphilip3
01-26-2006, 04:25 PM
oh man sweet that totally sucks!

hiya wendy im sorry youre so tired didnt sleep that great myself i had a bad panic attack that lasted like an hr and then i couldnt sleep. have fun shopping. can you make that dip w a lf substiute?

jazy
01-26-2006, 08:01 PM
hi everyone, hope everythinng is going wonderfully for all. I know things are definetly not going to good for me but for some silly reason I seem to stillbe losing weight. I lose 3.6 lbs this week in weight watchers.I am soo happy.Well, I hope thier are millions like me that can share on my celebration:carrot: . Let me know ladies!!!!

Diane- whats up!! how has it been going .I know I know ,but you are strong and I hope you got your time to be alittle careless ,I really hope that you are back on track!! hey, If i can lose 10lbs you can definetly get back into the swing of things.I just want to also say thanks for all of the good advice, but remember we arent done yet!!!love ya!!!

Tess-- how's it going hows school and family!! I hope eveything is great!! let me know!!

Wendy --hi, hows everything going .Must be cold up their.have you gotten much snow!

___long term goal______hopfully by june 24
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/fireworks01/lb/220/150/210/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

****short term goal****I want to be under 200lbs by feb.14, 3 weeks left!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-chicks/slider-cheer/lb/20/0/10/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

andreaphilip3
01-26-2006, 09:23 PM
((((hi jaz!!!!))))))) thank you......
youre doin awesome congrats!! my period came so thats why the binge i guess.....

andreaphilip3
01-26-2006, 11:54 PM
gnite guys...
tomm is my dental appt:(

Wide in Winnipeg
01-27-2006, 04:39 AM
Well ladies,I went out on a well deserved rampage tonight!! Found out more useful info on my ex husband that will be great in court!!!! It is late and I'm going to bed beford Ryan decides to get up!!!
nite!
W.

sweet_pea
01-27-2006, 04:54 AM
oh my that all sounds very cloak and dagger wendy hehe

i've had a hectic day. lots of errands but not a lot done that advances my goals. had a pig out last night and paid for it this morning. won't be surprised if i have put back on some of the weight i lost

i am still experiencing high anxiety. people always ask why but it's hard to explain there isn't always a reason. in this case there are some reasons.:o i have a court case over a house sale that fell through and i have decisions to make around that, the garage flooded and i still have stuff to sort out, and doing my mother's accounts is driving me crazy but it's not enough to account for the way i feel. my levels of agitation are out of proportion but i don't seem to be able to get it under control. however i am trying hard. ;)

g luck at the dentist diane

megsa
01-27-2006, 05:14 AM
Not much happening, no work. Eating well and will try to stay op for the weekend as well. Cycled last night and didn't even break a sweat... not sure why, but it was cooler and also only did 30min. Will do more tonight. Back stiff from sleeping on floor, but sure will be better tonight again. Am now going to surf for more books to buy.

HappyWife
01-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Doing well, although my lousy scales don't say much. I am more interested in how the clothes fit anyway. And my dh says that he can really see the difference. I am staying within calorie allowances and feeling good!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-27-2006, 02:01 PM
:) Hi !!

sweet_pea
01-27-2006, 05:25 PM
hi meg - what sort of books do you buy? i love reading books.

i am having to force myself to eat healthily as i just want to go buy takeaways for morning lunch dinner. i'm afraid i've regained some of my weight.

hi wendy

jaynee - oooh nice when people can see a difference. i am starting to dress better. well not every day just occasionally but that helps me feel more confident

miserable rain today bored bored bored

Wide in Winnipeg
01-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Just to remind you ladies that I will be in charge of posting the "A few good Friends # 15 thread. I will not be doing so until this thread get's up to(and possibly above) 12 pages.No use in using up all the space for new threads every other day!
Thanks,
Wendy

Wide in Winnipeg
01-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Have a good weekend ladies! I plan on cuddlin' up with Ryan and watching some cartoons!! Till tomorrow;)

sweet_pea
01-27-2006, 09:42 PM
ok sounds good wendy. maybe we could have a new one to cover each period. eg start a few good friends jan-march or a monthly one etc

that will save me searching everywhere hehe when i can't find the thread or posting after everyone has gone on to a new thread hehe

been sleeping a lot. going to get dressed and walk soon

jazy
01-28-2006, 01:16 AM
goodnight ladies!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-28-2006, 02:05 AM
G'night all!!! :carrot:

Wide in Winnipeg
01-28-2006, 02:04 PM
whew! All the way out on the second page!! Have a great day kadies!:hug:

sweet_pea
01-28-2006, 03:06 PM
second page??? i'm lost!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi Sweetpea!! our thread was on the second page of the forum list that's all! no big deal!! How are you doing?? I am off to the grocery store and then to a Christmas party for a couple hours tonight! should be fun!
W.

sweet_pea
01-28-2006, 04:27 PM
oh now i get it
but tell me why you're having a xmas party in January? that's a new one on me

have fun. i am reading a book and trying to think lovely relaxing and calm thoughts

Wide in Winnipeg
01-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Christmas in January is a new one on me too!! Just a stupid excuse to have a party if you ask me! All that food and booze ....what if I break down and do something stupid?? Like eat!!!! Won't be drinking though,that is 1 thing I do not do drinkin' and drivin' do not mix.

Have fun with your book and relaxing day/night!! I envy you!! With my 2 year old I haven't been able to take the time to read something non-imformational in a year!!:D
Ciao for now!
W.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-28-2006, 07:16 PM
how are you doing with the weight loss,Sweetpea??
I'm well under 140lbs. and then some!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-29-2006, 02:23 AM
Well ladies, I'm going to bed. Had fun at the Christmas party but came home early to put Ryan to bed! I love my boy!!:D So freakin' cute!!!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
W.

jazy
01-29-2006, 02:45 AM
good night yall!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi!!! It's early afternoon here and we have nothing to do today!!! Yhink we are just going to play and relax ALL day!! How is everyone doing??? I'm doing pretty good!!! Anyway,catch you later!
W.

sweet_pea
01-29-2006, 05:49 PM
wendy glad you had fun at the party. oh your weight loss is going so much better than mine.

this week has been up and down for me. i had dinner out on thurs night and massively overate and then again on friday. had to claw it back saturday and sunday

these new meds are making me very sedated during the day. i am going to switch and take them at night altho i'm not sure that will help as they are sustained release. anyway i am spending so much time in bed at the moment that my activity levels are really down. i do go for my daily walk but not much else. the rest of the day i'm zonked out and sitting or lying down. only been 1 week. sometimes the side effects are worst in first couple of weeks and then ease off. fingers crossed

not sure what i will do today wendy. probably read some more. also i need to tidy and declutter. i just don't seem to be able to get my head clear enough to work out what to do with all the piles

Wide in Winnipeg
01-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi Sweetpea!!! I know what you mean......I seem to have gotten myself into a rut the past couple of days,the meds. I am on have drained me of all energy.I can't seem to get mobile with life. ooohhh this so sucks,but I don't have to energy to do anything about it!! What to do,what to do???
Such is life.....:o :(

sweet_pea
01-29-2006, 11:01 PM
that's EXACTLY me. i forced myself to do the dishes and a couple of small things and felt better and then lay down and napped. meant to get up at 2.30 to check out an exercise vid on tv and couldn't get up and fell asleep again until after 3.30pm

now it's sunny and i hope it lasts

Wide in Winnipeg
01-30-2006, 12:16 AM
Hey,at least you had the energy for that!!! Took all I had to feed, bathe and put Ryan to bed. The dishes can sit in the counter and rot tonight,I'm going to bed. I just feel like I could sleep for a couple days straight,get up, pee and go back to bed for another 2 days,how pathetic is that??? I have to do something about this,it's not fair to Ryan to have a disfunctional mommy.Guess I better get a doctor's appt. set and get checked out......catch you tomorrow,
W.

jazy
01-30-2006, 12:56 AM
gnight guys!!

colaz
01-30-2006, 01:57 AM
Hey ladies! How is it going? Sorry I was mostly MIA this weekend/late last week. Iowa City was tons of fun, but I kept pretty busy. I really had a great time though!

So, I plan on starting hard tomorrow. I really messed up this past weekend/late last week and I want to get back on track now. That is the goal.

Well, I thought i'd stop in! Talk to you all in the morning!

megsa
01-30-2006, 03:19 AM
Ladies,

Glad to see that we're not the only ones getting rain. Had a massive thunderstorm yesterday and got to do the 'lie in bed with a book and coffee' thing that I couldn't do on Tues! The bed is actually a blow-up mattress on the floor, but it's better than nothing!

My weekend eating sucks especially Sundays, but I did try and keep it under control on Sat. Only 4 points over. Even so I managed to lose 200g!!!!! Really frustrates me when that happens, but I do know about the muscle/fat thing and that doing it slowly means it will stay off etc. etc. etc. I did measure myself and I've lost 20cm in total this month (about 8 inches). Today my mom is worried that my pants will fall off!! Something I ate yesterday didn't agree with me so I woke at 3am with vicious cramps. Feel a bit wobbly today, but hope it will pass. Does wonders for flattening your stomach though!!! Told my mom I should have weighed today, not yesterday!

Sweet - Where books are concerned - I read just about anything! It is **** at the moment with all the books packed and I'm nearly finished those I got from the Library! I think the first box to be opened in the new flat will be one with books!! At the mo I'm reading one about Cleopatra (fictionalised), a romance novel (for light relief) and at least one crime book as well. I can't just read one book at a time! Can see myself going down to the bookshop this week and shelling out for one when it gets tough!

Nothing else to say. Glad that everyone had a good weekend.

Meg

Wide in Winnipeg
01-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Hi All!!! You girls get to do what I love most!!!! Reading that is!!!!! Wish I could find the time to do some of that!

Hi Tessa! Glad to hear you had a good trip,did you send me that postcard??HAHA
I took the weekend off trying to lose weight,and I ate some chips and drank some pepsi but it didn't affect my weight loss so that's ok!!
Hope all is well with you and yours...
W.

colaz
01-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Hey Wendy! LOL...nope forgot about the postcard lol! I will get working on that!

Hey meg!

BTW, the sweetest thing happened when I got back lastnight. I gave my key during the weekend to a friend to feed my fish. When I came back I found that my friends had made a bunch of strings of hearts and paper hearts, and they decorated my room. LOL, I about cried it was so nice! :)

sweet_pea
01-30-2006, 03:22 PM
i slept fitfully last night but i am going to make an effort to stay out of bed during the day and only sleep at night. not sure how that will go. sleeping away my days isn't doing me any good;)

Tessa glad you enjoyed your weekend away - wow what neat friends you have. you must be really special to have such sweet friends

Wendy - yes a visit to the doc sounds like a good idea. don't worry my dishes had been there a few days :o before i attacked them yday. But i know if i don't make the effort i won't get anything done. the fairies won't do them

Meg i read heaps of books too. esp crime fiction and some self help books too. i am always at the library scrounging for books altho we only have a tiny library locally. you're doing well on weight loss

Wide in Winnipeg
01-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Hi Tessa! You have wonderful friends!!! You must be a real great friend to deserve that treatment!!!! Glad your back online,I missed you!
I'm off to the store to buy some tapestry thread today. I think this project is going to cost another $60.00, oh well,something to do when I'm bored and lonley!:) See ya!

colaz
01-30-2006, 04:12 PM
awwwww...I just have really special friends. You know you have great friends when they stick with you through the good and bad times. Don't know what I would do without them!

Sweet, I kind of have the same problem. I really have a rough time trying to get to sleep ,so then I sleep late into the morning so I get enough. I need to get back on a good sleeping schedual, because I won't always have that opportunity to sleep late... hope you can stay awake today and get a good nights rest tonight!

Wendy, I missed you too! This weekend was nuts, but great! I had a difficult time getting on the computer much.

Still in class...tehehe lol

Wide in Winnipeg
01-30-2006, 07:27 PM
I think I'm depressed.....:( is that possible???? I don't know the symtoms......Yep, I think I'm depressed:?:

sweet_pea
01-30-2006, 08:40 PM
thanks tessa - i hope so too. i have to get my head screwed on while i'm at it. i just don't seem to be able to organise my thoughts very well at the moment and decluttering is beyond me. oh well i will get there

wendy go to the depression threads. they are a separate category. there are lots of articles in the "sticky" section on depression. you may have depression if you have been experiencing the same symptoms for more than 2 weeks. some of your posts do suggest depression as a possibility which is why it is important to see the doc, but also to take care of yourself and try to do stuff anyway otherwise you get into a huge rut and can't get out (speaking from experience here!!!)

colaz
01-31-2006, 12:53 AM
Hey girls, I'm not feeling too good. So, if I am not around that is why. I hope all is well, and I'll be back when I can.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-31-2006, 01:20 AM
(((((((AWWWW TESSA))))))))) Hope you feel better soon,Hun!

G'night ladies,my eyes are buggin' out from doing that needlepoint,time for a rest.
W.

sweet_pea
01-31-2006, 02:38 AM
hope you feel better soon tessa! you too wendy

nite

megsa
01-31-2006, 06:22 AM
Ladies...

Last day on reception - and had lots of work!! One payment took me two hours to do!!! I took yesterday off from exercise, as I was still feeling a bit shaky. Much better today, but should probably pack tonight. Especially as there's nothing I really want to watch on tv! I'll be away for Thurs and Fri, so I'll be away for a few days.

Sweet - Give it a few days for your meds to come right and just concentrate on eating well, even if no exercise. I've just re-read a book by Martha Beck called 'Expecting Adam' (she is a life coach on Oprah) and it is so inspiring and uplifting! I try to let everyone I know read it. Try to get hold of the Stephanie Plum books, by Janet Evanovich, they are hilarious and also very well written!

Tessa - not good that you're not feeling well. Hope u feel better soon. ((((((())))))!

Wendy - Hope you also feel better soon. Nothing sucks as much as feeling crappy! I'm not a good person to be around when I'm sick as I'm then generally in a foul mood!

Later Ladies.

Meg

sweet_pea
01-31-2006, 06:46 AM
hi meg good luck with the move

i've read all the stephanie plum books! and i have read some of martha beck's articles. i like her. but i don't think we have her books here where i live. i've never seen them in the bookstore but i will look there and in the library

i still feel lousy and today's eating was just complete crap. not a good day at all. going to bed soon. hope for a fresh start tmrw

megsa
01-31-2006, 08:14 AM
Sweet!! Isn't it awful that the one thing that really makes you feel better is soooo bad for the hips?? (Chocolate!!) I've been trying the Special K bars and they're really quite pleasant. Not chocolate, but sweet and better than nothing! I've been finding that my choice of treats has changed (except durin PMS when ONLY chocolate will do) and I tend to think a lot more about how much I really want something. Does prove that our bodies are really programmed to go for the good-for-you things! Just hang in there and sweat it out, things have GOT to improve soon.

Lots of (((((((())))))))for you.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-31-2006, 01:35 PM
Good morning! Going to try and make the bast od the day! Hope you are all well!!! Meg,Funny how you say that chocolate is thw only thing that will do foe PMS,for me it is potato chips!!! And alot of them!!:D

sweet_pea
01-31-2006, 04:18 PM
yes it is my t.o.m.
it started yday and i have been craving big time.

wendy hooray for you wanting to make the best of the day. me too i have awoken determined to be more onto things today and get stuff done.

meg i have improved a lot of my snacks with more fresh fruit but still some days all i want is chocolate. i go through phases. my current phase is buzz bars. before that pineapple lumps were my craving hehe

Wide in Winnipeg
01-31-2006, 09:51 PM
:)

jazy
01-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey eveyone, GOOD NIGHT>
Going to sleep early!!
Hope you feel better tess.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-31-2006, 10:30 PM
G'night Jazy!! Have a great sleep!!!

Wide in Winnipeg
02-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Hey Ladies, so sorry I haven't really been around lately. I'm pretty stressed out and got some bad news today. I will try to start coming around a bit more soon. Good night and sweet dreams.

Except you Sweetpea~ I guess it would be what?? Good morning?? Good Afternoon???:D

sweet_pea
02-01-2006, 01:23 AM
it's early evening here on the 1st of February

I am on my way out to Toastmasters will pop back later.
Wendy take care of yourself, will see you soon

megsa
02-01-2006, 03:25 AM
Ladies....

Back at my old desk...NO PHONE TO ANSWER CONTINUOUSLY!!!! Only bugger is the techie came to work on my computer yesterday and changed all my settings!!! Have now spent about half an hour trying to get everything back!! This is by the people who are supposed to know what they're doing!!!

Wendy - hope things improve soon. ((((((()))))))

Sweet - I do know about the snack thing. I must say that when I'm really gung-ho with the plan I think really hard about whether I want the biscuit or not. Did have a few last night... Will try harder today. Now for the important question - Ranger or Morelli?? Have you ever read Kathy Reichs and Terry Pratchett? Both are top of my fav list and will need a TP fix soon! Glad to know that I've got tomorrow off as the movers coming early - 8:30! Should mean that we'll be in the new place by lunch!! Can't wait for Monday when I only have to get up at 7am for work!!

Let me wonder off and see how the new sec is doing. Will also check in later.

Meg

sweet_pea
02-01-2006, 05:32 AM
hehe hard choice but i think i like the mysterious Ranger!!! how about you?

yes i've read Kathy Reichs but not Pratchett. Jillianne Hoffman is good, also Linda Fairstein

Meg what is your eating plan?

megsa
02-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Always good to find someone who reads the same books as you do! I must admit that I'm also a Ranger fan - I think he appeals to the bad girl in all of us! Pratchett is an acquired taste, but if you enjoy the slightly obscure, he's the man for you. Most of his books are set on the Discworld, which is flat and rides on the back of 4 elephants, who in turn balance on a turtle! What more can I say.

I'm following weight watchers, but don't attend meetings as that just isn't me! I've just been looking at SBD as well, but not to sure about it. I just have this massive urge to buy a book, ANY book today! (I think that's because all of mine are packed!)

Wide in Winnipeg
02-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Morning! You ladies are making me jealous!!! If only I had the time to do some glorious reading.....someday soon I hope! How are you all doing today??? I'm ok,but my tiny guy has developed a cold over night and I feel bad for him. He is handling it well though! Better give him some dimtapp now,till later!
W

Wide in Winnipeg
02-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Hello ladies, I put up AFGF #15 today,I hope to see you there!! Have a great day!:D

brokeneyes
02-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Hey ladies, Im new and looking for ppl to chat with over my weight loss journey. I always tend to get withen 10lbs of my goal weight and slowly start going right back up to where i started. But im tired of it and i feel terrible. Now, i notice that we are chatting about books today? I may not read the same things as you (im 19) but i LOVE to read. Im reading "Alone" by Lisa Gardner, and just finished "In Her Shoes" (which is much better than the movie) and "The Nanny Diaries". Well, i hope to be a part of this support team for a while. Bye!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-leopard/luck02/lb/145/125/145/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Wide in Winnipeg
02-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi brokeneyes!!! Please join us on "looking for a few good friends..15" we will meet you there!! Welcome to our group!
Wendy