Old 01-19-2006, 03:43 PM   #1  

Question Anyone already been through stab or main with LAWL?

How was it and could you have done it alone?

My 5 week program is over soon and that is what I will be faced with, do I pay them another $300 for stab and maintenance or do it alone? This relates to my post below if you want the whole story.

I shoudl be down 10 lbs at 5 weeks to 137 so I am wondering if I would be ok to do it alone or not. I have their stabilization info thanks to some on the board

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #2  

The only thing I do know is that this would be the time you get the rest of your plan “for life” so you will need the info at the very least, because you will need to know what to eat and the servings you will get and the new foods allowed and everything else. I think the best thing about stabilization is that you get to add in things slowly to figure out what will work and not work in your life for the future.

I really think that it is unfair to sell you the plan without at least getting you to the first week of maintenance…it seems like they are trying to sit you up to fail. I am glad they gave you the bars, but the plan as a whole without the lites for 15 weeks of loss + maintenance and stabilization can be as low as about $300 with the $3 a week and the lab cost, I originally signed up for 15 weeks and paid a little over $400 at $5 a week.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:07 PM   #3  

Default anyone already been through stab or main with LAWL

I joined LAWL Jan 2004. It took me eleven months to reach my goal. I used every coupon and special I could find in that year to accumulate almost another year of additional maintainence months. I just completed the maintainence weeks last week. I have lost over 70 pounds and maintained for a year. I really think the stabilization and maintainence is a necessary part of the program. You gradually add back foods and can see where you need to be in your food intake to maintain. I know now when I pick up a few extra pounds, as I did over Christmas, what to do. You just fall back to your diet plan, and then reintroduce yourself to maintainence. I need the structure, where maybe someone else may not. For me, dieting is never the hard part - maintainece is.
MtJulietdieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

MtJuliet...question for ya...what does lasagna count as on maintenance? Is it 2 S and 1 Fat?
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #5  

Shame on me...I'm being selfish.
Fantastic job losing 70 pounds!!!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #6  

One piece of lasagna counts as 1/2 protein, 1 vegetable, 2 starches and 1 fat. It's listed in the maintainence book as lasagna with meat. Vegetable lasagna is 2 vegetables, 2 starches, 2 fats and 2 condiments. Plain lasagna(I guess that is meatless) is 1/2 protein, 2 starches and 1 fat. Hope that helps.
MtJulietdieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #7  

Thanks, MtJuliet. I'm going to a dinner at a friend's house tomorrow and she's making lasagna. She doesn't know that I'm on this program and I don't want to insult her by not eating. So the center told me what they thought it was...but they didn't have any maintenance books in stock to look it up. So thank you!