Support Groups - emerald dragonfly's posse.........Part 2

emerald dragonfly
01-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Here you gals go....If anyone can think up a group name ,let me know. My daughter just told me we were all nuts! LOL! I told her, "hey, not a bad idea, "MIXED NUTS"! LOL!! :carrot: :carrot:

emerald dragonfly

anske
01-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Hey mixed nuts work for me. lol I just watched the biggest loser. Wow they looked awsome. But I have a question do they like lift weights everyday? Just wondering. Seeing them and their weight lose makes it look so darn easy. I just want to lose about 30 pounds. They just make it look easy. I have a bowflex here at home and 2 gazelles and a cardio cruiser also. I guess I need to just get off my bum!!! I can do it I know I can. Just have to think we are all worth it!!! Ok done venting. lol

Anske

dgpebbles
01-19-2006, 12:07 AM
I like mixed nuts....lol..my daughter has said the same thing to me...she as hear me laughing out load and comes to see whats so funny..I read her the post and she says we are all nuts...

anske- yu've come a long way ..Yes you can do it...so get off that bum and exercise.lol...anyway from what I've seen of the show I take it as they work their butts off every day with cardio and weight

WileyB
01-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Hey, I like mixed nuts! Can I be a pecan? Just kidding, well, I weighed in today, not much to report, but that's ok, I'll just keep plugging away anyway. Hope you all are doing great and are keeping up on all of these challenges! Got to go to bed, thought in-laws were coming so I cleaned like a mad woman, then found out their not...so I'm a little worn out. Have a great day!

ICANCHANGE
01-19-2006, 01:06 AM
HI!

Emerald!! I am glad I am not the only clumsy one. Last year I ran out my front door in the rain slipped and went down a few steps breaking my leg in several places. It was a bad break and I refused surgery so I had a cast on from December until March and had to tell the story of how I tripped myself about 1 million times....sigh!!

Kristy, Thanks for sharing your pictures. Wow! You are really beautiful and such a cute couple. Congratulations! My hubby and I just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary and are still best friends!

Catherine

Fig
01-19-2006, 01:53 AM
:tired: Hi Sweeties.... I'm having lots of trouble sleeping again. Arrgghhh! I get to fill my Rx for my sleeping med. today, thank goodness, so that should bring relief. (today being Thursday since it's now tomorrow, riight?)

Mixed Nuts!!!! Now I'm hungry! Now I'm craving peanuts, cashews........

I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment, no room for any exercise equiptment. I do have a set of weights (dumbells) I'll just rely on walking, stretching, situps, dancing......

Cat, didn't you say that you're a vegetarian? How strict are you? I'm working towards becoming vegan, but it's hard. I've given up dairy products, eggs are next. I like Amy's products. The Shepard's Pie is yummy (and only 160 calories) and the Veggie Loaf dinner is also very good.

I hope you all are still chugging your water and having your fruits and veggies. Here's a tip: drinking V-8 juice is a good way to get a bunch of vegetables and a nice snack, too. I have a 6oz. can when I need a pick-me-up. (only 35 calories).

See you later.

Marion

Softykins
01-19-2006, 02:10 AM
'Ello ladies!
I'm all for "Mixed Nuts" - that's cute! And I agree, we are all a
bit nutty! Mmmmmmmm... cashews! :T

Thanks for making a new thread Gloria - we are a gabby bunch,
aren't we? ;) Now we can start the gabbing off from scratch!

Thank you so much Catherine! You are too kind! Seriously now,
you guys are making me blush!

Okay I can't post for long, I have to get up early tomorrow -
you guys have a great dieting day tomorrow!! Hugs for all!! :hug:

candoitby06
01-19-2006, 07:51 AM
Mixed Nuts? Sounds like its a perfect fit! I think its gonna stick...

Hey Anske....I just bought the biggest loser book the other day at Waldenbooks. Its a GREAT buy for only 15 bucks. Dan and I are starting our own biggest loser challenge...we are both very competitive so there may actually be some blood shed here. lol. From what I have read so far, they DONT lift everyday but lemme check on that and I will give you the low down on that. There is a pretty big recipe section, sample food days, exercise plans and tons of other things. I have decided that every day, I will leave you all with one dieting tip from the contestants. Its a neat little section where they give tips on what worked for them.

Just to keep you all updated, my friend had a little baby girl and named her McKenzie. She weighed 8.5 pounds and from what I hear (I havent seen her yet because I was working) shes a beauty. I'm so excited for her....she had a rough pregnancy. She wanted to go natural but ended up with an epidural and it was smooth sailing from there. Ohhhh I love newborns! I'm counting down the hours till I get to go visit!

Alright anyhow, heres my biggest loser tip for you guys!

"If your prone to emotional overeating, identify what is happening psychologically, deal with that situation, verbalize your feelings, and address that issue rather than turn to food." ~Jillian Michaels

That ones pretty obvious, but use that as a reminder to ask yourself if you are truely hungry before you choose to eat. I usually drink something before I have a meal or snack. Most times, your body confuses thirst with hunger. And then I know if I am emotional eating or was just thirsty....if I am still physically hungry, I choose to eat food.

Hope all is well today with everyone, keep up the great work!!!!

anske
01-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Hello to the Mixed nuts!

Hey I like the name it is kinda cute. Well I am excited to say I walked 4miles today!!! And not in pain so far today. :) 2 of the miles I walked were with 5 pound weights. I need to set my mind to the Bowflex that we have in opur bedroom. I so wish I had someone to excerise with. :( But watching last nights BL made me excited again to get going again!!! Ok Ladies have a great day!

Anske

emerald dragonfly
01-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Okay, "Mixed Nuts" it is. :dizzy: If I chose to be a nut, it might as well be the peanut....it's the smallest one!!! LOL!!
I watched the second part to "The Biggest Loser" last night and YES...don't they make it look easy??? I went to the department store the other day to buy 1lb hand weights...they were out! Went today, they're still out. WHAT??? All of a sudden everyone's on a "handweight" craze??? :dizzy: LOL! I guess I'll have to wait it out until Saturday...their next shipment.

Oh anske...get your butt in gear girl!!!! *pointing and shaking finger at you* You got all that equipment and it's just sitting there collecting dust. Move it girl...I mean it!!!!
Next week, I am buying a treadmill. Anyone have a good brand name I can go check out??? Don't want to go over $350.00. There's a few in my town for $299.00 but it has short walking tread..I like the longer ones. Plus I like to jog and need the extra length just in case I slow down. Please let me know.

Oh, my daughter last night says I should go on "The Biggest Loser." I told her I wasn't "FAT" enough. LOL! Seriously...I need to get down to 150...that's about 33lbs. Then I want to get down to 130..that's around 55lbs.??? I think that want obese people.. Am I being predijuce???? Fat is fat...which I am. But when you see every single person who has been on there, they are big boys & girls. I don't think they would take me. But guess what I did anyway????? I signed up for the show. I doubt if they contact me. Will let you guys know what comes of this. I hope they choose me. That way I can lose my weight quicker and have a free trainer and a chance to go to California for 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I better get off and go into town....my kids ate all the fruit in the house...AGAIN!!!!!! I want a banana!!!! :p

Okay girls, stay motivated, inspirated and keep MOVING!!!!!!!

emerald dragonfly

Deanna7272
01-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Love the Biggest Loser... And I have the book also... a lot of motivating stuff in there AND they describe the diet.... it is like the food guide pyramid except for the fruits and veggies are on the bottom (where the grains used to be)... I will try to scan it and put it on the website.... They probably have it somewhere on their site....

Trying to get hubby on the bandwagon tonight and I gave in... I let him choose the veggie tonight and he picked CORN... I tried for the green beans, but it was a no go...

Hey anske... I am coming over to share some of that weight equipment....lol I'd love to try the gazelle... of course, I'd probably fall off but....lol Get moving girl...

I am trying to get everyone updated... I am a little behind, we started a new semester and I had to prepare finals for the first time, etc... Just a little stressed BUT the good thing is I don't have those FELONS in my class anymore... GOOD RIDDENS!!!

More later

ICANCHANGE
01-20-2006, 01:05 AM
A warning about exercise equipment for all of you that have little kids. It is really dangerous. I know everyone knows that but sometimes a reminder is good. My sister was walking on her treadmill and her son came running over. She tried to turn it off but it didn't stop quickly enough and he put his hand on the belt. It almost ripped off his fingers and he had to have them surgically reattached. The doctor's said it is one of the most common accidents they see.

Marion, I am a veggie! I drink milk and have an occasional egg. That's it. I haven't eaten anything with a face since I was a little kid. I have no cravings for it at all. I like Amy's too. I just had the tortellini bowl for lunch today and it was really yummy. Actually, I am using Amy's alot right now for portion control. I just add some veggies or salad and my meal is ready. Do you use tofu much. I love it.

Morgan...What exactly is the Biggest Loser Challenge? I know what Biggest Loser is but just curious how the Challenge works? I have to look back. Are you using the video? How do you like it? I love newborns too! How cute.

Anske, Good for you! 4 Miles is awesome. Keep it up!

Cat

dgpebbles
01-20-2006, 01:06 PM
morining to all you mixed nuts

well today is weigh-in day and I'm glad to say that I've lost 2.5 lbs since last friday:goodscale ...That puts me at 184.5...I guess all the fruits and veggies are helping..

How is everyone else doing of keeping up with past 2 weeks chalenges along with this weeks...I'm still doing the past but find this weeks really hard:( ...I stand up and walk all day at work...I never sit down and I only got in somewhere around 5100 steps yesterday...I keep looking at it throughout the day and it reset somehow twice...tht=ats why I don't know exact number..was just trying to add where I know its was at last time I looked..

Good luck today with weigh-ins..I hope you all dropped a few spare nuts.:rofl: .lol

candoitby06
01-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Well, today was my weigh in day....and I dropped 3 spare nuts ;) You crack me up dgpebbles!!!

Cat, thats scary! I dont know what I would do! That would freak me out, I am sure your sister was quite the basket case! Thanks for that information, I never would have thought about that. lol, when I was in highschool, I thought (as did my friends) that it would be fun to get on the treadmill with one of my little brothers ride on toys. We thought it would be like driving lol. So I got on it with the little ride on toy, and it went to fast and the little 3 wheeler went flying backwards as did I. I forgot the treadmill was moving and I put my hand on it to get myself back up and of course my arm went flying backwards and I got some pretty nasty treadmill burns on my chin from it thumping along for a bit. lol my friends were hysterically laughing and didnt think to pull the cord. We have it all on video tape. I wonder if I could have won a chunk of money by sending it in to Americas Funniest Videos. lol. The stupid things you do when you get a bunch of highschool girls together. Oy Vey.

Alright, heres my quote of the day :

"Each day is a new day. It doesnt matter how hard you worked yesterday or how hard you didnt work yesterday, you have to pick it back up and keep going." ~Matt Hover

Keep on trucking gals, your doing awesome!!!

WileyB
01-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Yea to Morgan and Donna! Way to go girls! :carrot:

I'm glad for the info about the treadmill Cat, I didn't know that. What a horrible way to find out just how dangerous they can be. I'm halfway scared of them myself..I look like a 100 year old grandma trying to get on one of the darn things, but I also hate getting on escalators - it takes me a while to "time" it before I take that step...I don't get out much...Well, I'm going back home this weekend and have got to try and get away from the table as fast as possible. My mominlaw is a wonderful cook, she uses all the fattening stuff that makes food really good, so I will really have to be on top of portion control while I am there.

Hope that you all have a great weekend!

emerald dragonfly
01-20-2006, 10:13 PM
LOL! You're going to love this...I have an "acurate" scale...it weighs in ounces. Anyway, I got on this morning and I laughed so hard I snorted and snot flew across the room!!! :dizzy: LOL!!! I lost.2 oz.!!!!! LOL! At least I lost, okay. :p I wanted to lose at least 1 lb. due to my period and back injury...but I'll take that! ;)

I heard horror stories about little kids and treadmills. My youngest is 15 years old...but my grandson is 9 months old. I will NOT use any exercise equipement unless he's in the playpen! (That's when I get my treadmill next week.) How sad the little ones that get hurt. I also fell on a treadmill once...about 4 years ago. I didn't know how to get on one..LOL.. I swear I'm not stupid! :D Somehow, my shoe got caught on the metal part that wasn't moving and I fell forward and landed on my right elbow and then I was moved backwards. I still have a scar today. :(

Congrats on the loss to all those who lost! I am going jogging tomorrow. I was told lightly jogging for 30 minutes helps the muscles in your back strengthen. Crossing my fingers it does work.

Have fun this weekened! I have lots of things to do. Hoping I'll burn a few calories.................

Take care & stay strong!!!!!

Gloria

Deanna7272
01-20-2006, 10:46 PM
candoit... LMAO... I am sorry, but you may get money for that one.. I busted when I read that...lol My treadmill is in the livingroom and when Patrick was here, he and his dad decided that they would use the clothes basket to make a projectile.... Then the BRAINIACS decided that Patrick should RIDE in the basket..lol They are silly.. but it made me laugh...lol Boys will be boys, I guess...

Trying to get the calendar updated... If I have missed anyone, please PM me... thanks

Softykins
01-21-2006, 03:31 AM
I'm sorry gals - I've been busy!!! I'll come on soon, I promise!!!! :hug:

emerald dragonfly
01-21-2006, 10:04 PM
That's okay Kristy....I am pretty sure we all have been busy. ;) I have been soooo busy I forgot to eat today. It's now 6:01pm...Pacific time and I AM HUNGRY!!!! ARGH!! I better go eat soup, or sandwich, or something..LOL! I cleaned my son's apartment today, babysat my grandson, and drove kids, & friends, and family members around as though I was a taxi driver. Nope, never got tips nor nothing. :mad: You'd think I'd get some gas money out of them.

I'll leave you guys for the night...don't do anything I wouldn't do.... :devil: LOL!

Take care!

Gloria

Deanna7272
01-22-2006, 12:21 AM
I apologize also.. just haven't been on... We went to Cabela's today for a Steelhead Fishing Seminar and the goof that was supposed to present it didn't show... AND>.. I feel TOTALL HORRIBLE (actually I just remembered it..lol) I was testing the flexibility of a fishing rod and the damn thing SNAPPED in my hand!!! I INSTANTLY started to sweat.... I looked at hubby and asked what I was supposed to do now... and he so graciously said "just put it back and we'll leave this section"...lol I knew I married him for some reason.... we think alike.... Well, I didn't get arrested and I didn't have to buy it so.... I survived my trip to Cabella's...lol

Anyway... will check back in soon!!! Talk later!

Softykins
01-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Well guys, I hate to say this but I'm on the verge of tears.
I haven't lost a thing this week and I did nothing different
than last week (whereas I lost 3 pounds).
Previously to losing these 3 pounds, I had been losing nothing.
It was put at a hault for reasons unknown.

The clock is ticking as the date for me to lose 87 more pounds
rolls closer and closer. I am more than frustrated - I am an egg shell.
I'm not sure what to do now. I'm so sick of re-evaluating my diet
and exercising. I've worked so hard this week - as I did last week
but as least last week's results gave me a purpose to keep going.

I'm feeling very low right now. I'm sorry to vent on you all. :stress:

Deanna7272
01-22-2006, 04:31 PM
I got ya girl... I PM'ed ya...

Remember, that's what we are here for, to vent, to laugh, to cry, to lose, to gain, to support, to hunt those down that are sabotaging our diets... we are in this together!!! We love you Kristy, don't be sad...

I hope this finds everyone in good spirits... We can get down from time to time but always know that the sun will rise in the morning (Gloria knows this, she's up BEFORE it does... she's going to call us JUST in case it doesn't...lol) and it will be a NEW day... full of surprises, gifts, memories, losses, gains, etc... but you will always have another day and another try!!!

I have to go wake hubby.... STEELERS are on and I HAVE to let him watch them win...lol (He is an avid BROWNS fan... poor boy....lol)

Talk soon!!! MUAH Girly Girls!!

dgpebbles
01-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey Girls,
Sorry I've been a little busy the last two days....I just looked back at my journal and I only missed one day of exercise last week...but getting in all those steps was a tough challenge but I'm still loving them fruits & veggies..

Kristy - Sorry to hear your scale is stuck...I know how you feel...I was stuck for 3 weeks straight and felt like giving up too....You just have to stick with it girl...I don't know what your menu looks like but I was told to up my protein intake and so I started eating more fish & chicken and I also started using protein powder and then my scale starting moving..with the exercising your body needs more protein ...Just hang in there

Fig
01-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi.... Oh, dear. I wish I had a magic wand for you Kristy, to make you all cheery.Don't worry. There will be weeks when you don't lose, that's just how it goes. You aren't doing anything wrong. As for me, I haven't lost but I haven't been working hard enough on it. (bad girl!!) I've just been really depressed and kind of "giving in" to a few too many comfort treats. I hope you'll all forgive me and let me stay in the group. I'm now re-focused and ready to work hard. I'm still depressed but totally fed up (ha!) and determined to be strict with myself and stick to my program. Talk to you later.......M

anske
01-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Hello

I have been busy also. Kristy hang in there girl. Remember that just cause the scale doesn't read lighter doesn't mean you didn't add muscle. Muscle weighs more.
Glad to hear those of you who lost. Way to go. I on the other hand am scared to even get on the scale. I am scared to know how much i weigh. I have been like this for 2 weeks. This week I have been on the period. Having a hard time pulling myself together. I have the endo. And just started having really bad lower back pain. Not sure if Endo, or Colon or kidneys. Anyway I am done venting. Have a good night everyone.

Anske

Deanna7272
01-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Hope ya feel better anske... I don't have the probs with endo but I hear it's pretty painful...my sister has it.

I think we need to interact more.... I mean... this thread has been so slow... I don't know, maybe we are just busy, but maybe we can get something going... I have an idea and I will post it tomorrow (I have been posting stuff on ebay all night and I am about to hit the sack...

I will get at you ladies tomorrow... take care, lose, lose, lose and lots of laughs while doing it!!!

emerald dragonfly
01-23-2006, 01:35 AM
Okay ladies...what's going on???? :?: Kristy, watch your carb intake and dairy products can sabatoge your diet also. I really don't know what to say but If I had a way to come and get you and go walking, jogging, or do some DDR'ing, I'd do it. :D You know we are here for you; for each other. "Negative Nelliie" seems to have found us and we need to kick her out!!! What we need is to get into an uplifting mode. Deanna, can't wait to hear what you got in store for us...Crossing my fingers it will help out.
Kristy, we LOVE you!!! :hug: Never worry about not losing any weight for 1 week...we all have been there. Hold your head up high and start over. You are worth it!!! I'll also think of ways to help everyone along...I had a really good idea then decided not to introduce it into the group but I am now reconsidering it.
Deanna, I'll contact you sometime tomorrow to let you in on it and to see what you think. :)

anske, my sister had endromitrosis. She had a hysterectomy last year. Now she's 100% in perfect health! Hang in there, I know it's painful. If you need to, do not exercise so much. You do not need to be in any more than you have to. Walking was a good pain relief for my sister.

I love you gals so much it hurts me to see how you do so well and then the scale tells you you didn't try hard enough. That happens to me also. But, I can tell you that just because the scale says something , it doesn't mean you didn't lose anything. I didn't lose that one week but when I measured my hips and waist, I lost 1/2 inch on my hips, and a tad bit over an inch on my waist!!!!!! Why don't we all start measuring our waist, hips, thighs, arms....I can promise you you are still losing.

I wanted to let you gals know what the nutritionist told me last week. Because of my many allergies, starting tomorrow, I am only suppose to eat veggies, fruits, and nuts. Then the second week, I add brown/wild rice. Then the third week, I add chicken, turkey, and fish. I can no longer have dairy products and have notice a BIG difference in my weight loss. My face is getting thinner, I don't have an "icky" tummy any more, I don't have to "run to the toilet"..LOL!!! I do miss my chocolate milk though...very favorite sweet treat!!! :smug: I am hoping to lose these last few 33lbs. before my b-day in July. I hope this new diet program works out for me.

I need to get to bed...It's 9:33pm Pacific time and I have to get up early to take care of the farm animals. I'll say a little prayer for all. I have faith we WILL succeed!! I have come to far to fail!! Failure is not in my vocabulary!!

Take care and STAY STRONG!!! :hug:

Love & many hugs,
Gloria

candoitby06
01-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Holy Cow....what a weekend. This is the first time I have had to myself in nearly 3 days. Yikes. I agree, we are all slacking in the motivational department. Seems like everyone is busy. Which is normal, things will start to pick up again and we will all be better with posting I am sure.

I am interested in hearing your ideas to get the gears moving again.

I havent exercised in almost a week :( Its ridiculous! This morning I picked Billy back up and am getting back on the bus. Its too easy to just say "I'm tired" "I'm ragging it" "I just dont feel up to it today". I am not taking those excuses this week!

Kristy Honey, you will get that scale moving and I know you will keep it moving until your wedding day. We have your back.....together we will make this happen for you! Chin up girl! This is your off week....everyone has those. For instance, this week is mine ;) We have all our moments....You can do this, I know you can.

Alrighty girls....Keep on moving, and keep strong!

Heres my quote of the day:

"Dont get overwhelmed by the amount of weight you need to lose. Take it one day at a time, one pound at a time." ~Ryan Benson

WileyB
01-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Kristy, I seriously doubt that there is one of us here that has not already felt just as you do. My self esteem is probably at the lowest point of my entire life right now, but I know that it is going to get better. You are a beautiful girl who is going to marry the love of her life...what is better than that? You will always have time to lose weight, but don't waste what time you do have being unhappy, it's not worth it. Just keep on staying focused on your goal, and don't worry about not getting it, just try to enjoy the journey towards it. We all know that you can do it, and we can too!! Put that pretty smile back on your face, raise that chin, and let's get going girl!

On a personal note, I have fallen off the water wagon. I got tired of having to refill my jug over and over, so I found this really big water jug at the dollar store, and it holds 10 cups of water. I am going to start off with it every morning, and hopefully it will be empty by night.

I must be fruit and veggie intolerant. I really do like them, but really have a hard time fixing them so that I like them, and don't get bored eating the same thing over and over. I found some recipes on the Jello website that include fresh fruit, and am going to try to get in some fruit that way. They are made with the sugar free gelatin and really sound good. Now where is that veggie website.....

I don't know how many of you like to cook, but the Quick Cooking and Light & Tasty magazines are pretty good at having good recipes to choose from. I recently went to the web site and signed up so that I can look up recipes. Some of the recipes have the nutrition facts with them. I am going to try and count calories...we'll see how it goes. But anyway, these recipes usually have what is usually in my kitchen, that is why I like them. I'm not a fancy cooker, just the basics for me.

Hope everyone is off to a great week!

WileyB
01-23-2006, 08:40 PM
ok, please don't anyone get offended. I just thought this was really funny, and would pass it on to you all. I hope that it is ok to even do this, someone let me know if it's not, so I won't be in trouble with you all. Hope you enjoy it

A husband was in BIG trouble when he forgot his wedding anniversary.

"Tomorrow," his wife angrily told him, "there had better be something
in our driveway that goes from zero to 200 in two seconds flat!"

The next morning, the wife looked outside and saw a small package in
the driveway. She brought it inside, opened it ... and found a brand
new bathroom scale.

Funeral services for her husband have been set for Saturday.

Deanna7272
01-23-2006, 10:08 PM
LOVE IT....

Heading to watch 24... but wanted you know know... I went down 2.5 this week... I swear it was more, but I will take it AND I will have a jump start for next week...lol

Be back later!!

Toodles!!!

Dakotasweett
01-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Hi all! I know I have been missing for a few days...it's been a rough week. I have also been in a slump. This fibromyalgia stuff is kicking my butt. I hurt everyday last week and today I can barely walk. Needless to say I didn't exercise the last 4 days. I am trying to focus on the fact that this is a new week and thus another chance to fight this weight loss battle. I am gonna try to at least do some situps and arm exercises since I can't stand up...I figure that's better than nothing. I did have my weigh in today and was 235 pounds (down 1/2 pound from last week). I am ok with this since I knew what a difficult week I had. I decided to buy some new exercise DVDs to start this week on a good note. I think they should arrive in about a week.

Well, I hope everyone has a better week. I am sorry to hear that so many of us had such a yucky time last week. Just remember we can do this!!!! Let's make this week a great one. I am reminding myself that I am in this for the long haul and one week won't make or break me!

Here's some hugs for everyone!

emerald dragonfly
01-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Okay, first of all..that was such a funny joke!! LOL!!! And what do you mean by "offending" us?? HUH?? If you can't make fun of yourself sometimes, then we must be a "prude." :p LOL!! I am always saying something silly about my flabby, "bread dough" belly. I need a tension breaker when I can get it. :D

I started using the 1# dumb bells....by the way, why are they called "dumb bells?" :?: Anyway, I woke up this morning and my "wing" part of my arms hurt so much I couldn't lift up my 20 pound grandson this morning. LOL! But, I worked with them about an hour ago..also did DDR today for 50 minutes. Really needed to do that.

I hope everyone will start back into getting motivated. I have and I wish I could personally come over to your homes and workout with you all. :hug:

Keep moving girls, we shall beat this war on fat!!!!

Deanna, I am pm'ing you...pm me back please when you can.

Congrats on all who lost weight this week! Very ,very proud to be part of this group. I brag so much about you that I have alot of people asking me "what's the web addy?" LOL!! I hope they do come aboard.

Love you all!

Gloria

ICANCHANGE
01-24-2006, 12:58 AM
This weeks challenge....No White Sugar....That means no white bread, no white flour and no sugar.

Sorry, I was so busy yesterday and today I just saw that I was assigned the challenge. So, you got one free day.

I lost a half pound last week. Not much but it's going down and that's what counts.

Now, I have to catch up on all of your posts.

Cat

anske
01-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Hello Mixed nuts,

Well this mixed nut is getting a full time job. I have been a stay at home mom for 8 years now. I am scared and excited all in one. My kids are heart broken. But we want to get a bigger house and on one income it is not working. I am going to be doing Medical records. So I will be on my feet alot. I am going to be trying to fit my life in a little bittie time frame. I am so used to being home and cleaning, cooking, laundry and exercising. Not going to be used to not getting all the things done. Well I would still like to be a mixed nut. But please don't be upset if you dont hear from me starting out. I will try my best to check in. I am just so excited and scared. Thanks for listening to me. Keep up the great work nuts! Talk to you later. I will let you know when I start my job.

Anske :)

candoitby06
01-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Anske...CONGRATS!! I sort of know how you are feeling right now. Although I wasnt out of work for 8 years, I was out for a year. Going back to work was such a scary thing for me. Not only was I used to having a clean house, dinner cooked and time to come and go as I pleased....I was used to being with my baby 24/7! Leaving her was the number 1 hardest thing for me to do. But....its good for you to have a life outside of home. Its good for you to have that social bit that you otherwise may not have had. A second paycheck means the difference between financial comfort and financial freedom. You will make an excellent working mother, I can just tell from what we know of you on this forum. For now, you just concentrate on getting things ironed out while you go from stay at home mommy to working mommy. You will be great! Keep your chin up and remember that now its time to change your focus a little bit but that it can be done! Let us know how you like it!!! Go buy yourself a pretty outfit for day one! :)

No white sugar? Ok, couple of questions....how do I know it has white sugar? For instance....yogurt? oatmeal? I already do whole wheat tortillas, splenda as a sweetner, and other similar things....should I assume that anything that has sugar in it is white sugar? Please let me know.....GREAT challenge btw! This one is gonna be tough!

Everyone is doing a great job....loss or no loss, your still making a life change here....it took us years to balloon to this weight, its going to take a while to keep it off! Chin up gals!

"I love to wake up the next morning after a workout feeling sore because I know I am getting healthier" ~ Mo Walker

Oh, I just did the Billy Blanks Abs bootcamp...woooowza. I thought I liked the workout until I was done it and now I feel like I pulled some ribs or something. lol. If I'm sore now, tomorrow morning I may not be able to stand up straight ;) This was the inspiration for my BL quote of the day. MUAH chicas!

Deanna7272
01-24-2006, 04:31 PM
anske... wow you talk about a challenge... heading back into the work world... I know what an upset to my shousehold it is when I go back after SUMMER...lol Best of luck, YOU'LL do wonderfully!!!

I am trying to get updated weights in... bear with me...lol

Gloria has an idea she will probably pitch... I think it is a great idea... You'll see here soon!!!

Talk a little later... Just got a NEW to ME mp3 player in the mail (LOVE EBAY)... gotta see how this bugger works...

dgpebbles
01-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Hey Ladies..I've been really busy...right now I'm running two store untill they can get another store mgr in my old store..it's wearing me out...

Anske - congrats on the new job...You will adjust in no time..just have to find a routine that works...

I can't wait to hear Gloria's idea

emerald dragonfly
01-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Cat, great challenge!!! :carrot: I think what she's trying to say is to stay away from high carb foods/ refined sugar. Whole wheat bread is made from brown sugar...still not the best bread to eat unless you bake it yourself. Like I have the time to do that! LOL :p Oreo's, is filled with white sugar...that's a big "NO-NO" to all you Oreo fans!! One week is not going to make you go into "Oreo withdrawls." LOL! This is going to be a good challenge for me personally...I LOVE flour tortillo's and bagels. I better go to my fridge and have a "talk" with them. *sniff sniff*

anske, don't worry about us...Family should always come first. "Mixed Nuts" will always be here for you when you need us. Have fun and relax for goodness sakes! :p

Donna, sounds like your on the go. I used to manage 2 huge motels in 2 different towns.....it was too much for me and I decided to quit. But I do remember those days. You get some rest too. Don't get burnt out.

Morgan, I feel your pain girl! I have been doing 1# weights ( the pink hand held ones) for 3 days now. Who would of thunk that lifting weights that small could make your whole upper body feel like a giant bruise! :( But, I keep on cruising! I feel if I stop working with them, the pain will get worse. Plus I noticed this morning my upper arms feel a bit tighter. So I am hoping I'll have these firm arms within a couple months! :) Hang in there! Billy is a hard man to work with but he gets the job done!

Okay, I got this idea...well, I kind of stole the idea from another group but I think it'll be fun, uplifting and will get you motivated! :carrot: For every pound you lose, you get 1 point. For everyday you have successfully did the challenge for the week, you get 1 point, For every week you weigh in, you get 1 point. Then at the end of the month, you can turn your points in and recieve a gift! For 50 points you get a small gift; for 75 points, you get a medium sized gift; for 100 points, 2 small & 1 medium gift. You can carry over your points into the next month. I know this can be done because I have seen it done. The points add up quickly so it should be a simple way to earn a "reward" for making the goals!

If you have any questions, just ask. Oh, the gifts are very nice....... When the time comes for shipping, I will need address. If you want to participate in this let me know. THIS IS AN OPTION! No one HAS to do this. I just thought this would be a fun way to get everyone back into a motivated spirit! :carrot:

Okay, I better go check out the other forums and see what's happening tonight.

take care!

Gloria

ICANCHANGE
01-25-2006, 12:40 AM
Anything sweetened with fruit or splenda is okay but things sweetened with sugar, high fructose corn syrup or corn syrup are out. White flour acts bascially like sugar in your body so, no white bread, white crackers, or other bake goods with white flour....just whole wheat. Most yogurt has added sugar unless it is plain or made with a sugar substitue.

Just do your best to reduce if it is hard to figure out. I did this for a while and actually felt much better. Lately, I have fallen off this wagon, hence this weeks challenge.

Good luck.

Cat:D

candoitby06
01-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Gloria...sounds like a great way to get people on the bus! Couple of questions for you....how about financially, how are we going to help you with this? I dont think you should be responsible for purchasing these gifts alone. Should we all take turns? I would be completely ok with sending out gifts to everyone every couple of months. This reward system may get a little pricey if we accumulate more members? Right now, I think there is like 8 or 9 real members in our forum....could get a little out of control quickly once people catch on to our motivating system. I mean, we are the best group out there....they should all want to be in our group ;). Fill me in, and let me know if you want me to take over a month for you.

This challenge is going to be tough for me. I think I eat white sugar in most of the things I eat. Oatmeal? Yogurt? Those are my two main foods. I will pay closer attention to my nutrition labels and see what comes of this!

Off to a date with Mr. Blanks. Ek. Wish me luck.

"Life is to short to spend it overweight and miserable" ~Ryan Kelley

WileyB
01-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Gloria, I'm with Morgan on this money matter. I don't want anyone to have to be solely responsible for the gifts. Is there a way we can divide them up, and limit them to so much money so no one goes way overboard? We are on a pretty strict budget, but I would be happy to help if I could. Let me know what I can do.

I know this isn't the time to say this, seeing as how we are trying to omit the sugar right now, but I was reminded of something yesterday at the dollar store. For those of us who can't prohibit the use of chocolate in our diets, I have found a pretty low cal option. You probably already know this....around every holiday, a company called Melster, puts out a small package of chocolate covered marshmellow somethings, like now it is hearts. I know they are not a really healthy choice, but the hearts have 1.5g of fat and 60 calories each. They are a great treat for me when I feel that I have to have something chocolate, but they have 9g of sugar, so stay away til our challenge is over!

I have found out that if I totally "ban" something from my diet, I just wind up wanting it even more. So, I try to find a better way of having the "bad" stuff, and then I don't feel too guilty and deprived.

I have lost two pounds, but I can't seem to get it put on my tracker thing. Will try again and see if I can get it to work next time.

Hope you all are having a great week, and watch out for that sugar!

Dakotasweett
01-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Gloria- I love the idea of gifts. I agree with the other gals we should all pitch in somehow. I know I don't have a ton of extra $ laying around...but it's worth it if it helps us all with this battle. Just let me know how I can help.

Sounds like we are all kinda coming out of our slump...I am so happy everyone has stuck it out.

Great job Wiley on the loss!

Off to do homework. I still can't walk so exercise is out again tonight...but I will still do ab and arm work!

Have a great night!

Fig
01-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Hi Girls, It's good to hear you sounding cheerier. I'm trying, but still pretty down. At least this is killing my appetite!
I've found a nice treat--it's a sugar free, hot cider mix. Only 15 calories for a cup. I add cinnamon and fix a mug of it at bedtime to sip while I watch TV. Yummy and soothing.
Any ideas for favorite low calorie snacks? I liked Gloria's frosted grapes. I slice apples very thin and dust the slices with cinnamon.
Living alone, and just fixing meals for myself is a drag. It's too easy to go off my program and nibble mindlessly or eat what I shouldn't. So, that's my biggest obstacle and challenge--loneliness.

dgpebbles
01-26-2006, 01:50 AM
I think the gift idea is good also and I agree with everyone else...We should all take turns each month...I think it will be good for motivation and gives us another challenge to reach our points...We will be excited with points we earn along with weight loss etc

emerald dragonfly
01-26-2006, 02:45 AM
I really don't mind buying the gifts. God knows I am NOT rich. All my money goes into my gas tank these days. I'm one of those "taxi" moms. I think I'll start charging a small fee...LOL..... :D But if you girls really want to help out and take turns, I'm all for it! We can start on the first of February...I'll take the first month. Everyone needs to keep track of their own points...remember: 1 point for each successful challenge day, 1 point for each weigh in week, 1 point for each pound lost. I think that's all???

Tomorrow, I am going treadmill shopping!!!!! It seems everywhere I went today, I saw a treadmill. So I decided it was time to get one. I am starting to bore myself to death with DDR, simple pilates, and simple areobics. I need a "boredom breaker." :dizzy: I hope to find a light weight, wide walking area and inexpensive one!

Has anyone tried that new "weight control" Quaker instant oatmeal yet??? I bought the cinnamon one and I really like it!!!! Tomorrow I really need to go shopping so I am going to see what other flavors they have. It's expensive but my kids won't touch instant oatmeal...it has to be cooked on the stove and out of the container..picky, picky kids. I think I paid like $4.99 for 12 envies...that's expensive!!!!! But I don't eat it everyday and there's 12 days worth so I should have it for at least 3 weeks in my cupboard.

Yeah, I really like the frosted grapes too! Sometimes my kids just like them plain frozen They like frozen watermelon cubes also. I put some into the blender last summer and it was like a slushie!!!! Very cooling drink for a very warm day.

My son surprised me with take-out food...PIZZA!! I told him, "You know I can't have cheese." He handed me this mini sized pizza and I opened it...it was a veggie pizza with no cheese!!!!! I cried. :^: It was like 4-5 inches round and 4 tiny slices...so I figured it was 2 small slices. It's so great to know that you have a teenager in your house that really has faith in what you're trying to do. I LOVE him!!!!

I have noticed I haven't drank hardly any water in the last 4 days. I really don't understand. I have never had a problem drinking it before. Now it's like, "Do I really have too?" But I haven't drank sodas or juice lately so I don't know what's going on. There's the flu going around and I hope I don't get it!!!!:cool: Don't want it, don't need it. Tomorrow I will have to fill my water jug and drink to my hearts content! :D

Okay, my husband did a real "crappy" thing to me today. He went to the bank, er, credit union, and he took out the money I was saving up...$1,200.00!!!!!!!!!!! I asked him why he took out the money. His reply, " It's my money. I can do whatever I want with it." I told him "No, it's my money and I am the one who has been saving it." He then told me next time not to save it in our joint savings account. What an A**!!!! He went out and bought himself a PS2, a 20' flat screen tv, and a salmon fishing pole. I could have screamed!!! I was saving that money to send my daughter to California for 1 month when school got out. Her best friend moved there 2 years ago and we had it all planned out. Now it's going to take me another year to save that much!!! Darn! MEN! That's all I can say about them. By the way, this isn't the first time he's done this. My son told me to go by a small fire-lock box and put my money in that. So I bought one tonight. It's super heavy for such a little thing. I'm determined to get that money saved again!!!

Well ladies, I got to go........................... It's 10:41pm and I need to get up in 5 hours. Take care and stay strong!!!! Together we can do it; together we will make it!

Love ya' all!
Gloria

Softykins
01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words. It means a lot to me. :hug:

Guess what! I'm sick again. GRRRRRRRRR!
Around Christmas time, I had bronchitis and it recently went away.
Now, I got a cold that my brother had. This just sucks! :tantrum:

I wanted to be honest with you guys and tell you that I have
fallen off the wagon for obviously reasons. My body doesn't want
to lose weight and now I am sick. However, I want to get back on!
I just don't know how I will find the will power to do it. :tired:

I hope all of you are well and doing great with your losses!

Dakotasweett
01-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi all!

Gloria- how wonderful of your son to think of you like that...that is one amazing teen! Sorry about what your hubby did...that stinks big time. I wish I had some great advice...but I don't. I can only offer my empathy.

Kristy- sorry to hear you are sick again! I have been battling a cold on and off for a few weeks now too...it's the pits! You can do this...don't let this slump get ya down...you can certainly make progress from here on! So glad you are back with us!

Hope everyone has a fantastic friday! This weekend is busy, busy for me...so I may not be able to visit back here until Monday...I am hoping the scale budges then as its my next weigh in!

WileyB
01-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Oh Kristy...I am so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I do hope that you shake that cold and get better very soon. I know what you mean by your body not wanting to "eat right" when your sick...I'm the same way, and that's ok. Just try to get better soon, and then you can jump back on the wagon to eating right again. I'm drinking a giant Dr. Pepper right now...I think that it probably has enough sugar in it to kill someone whose allergic to it! I had a bad day with the baby, and no help from the daddy - he had to work late, and it was either a stiff drink or a Dr. Pepper, and the fast food place was on my way home, so I splurged....will pay for it, I know....

Gloria, I can't believe that your husband would do that to you. He should respect you more than that! He needs a good konk on the head if you ask me...maybe knock some sense into that ole' hard head of his. Bless their hearts, they just don't get it do they? Well, hopefully you can hide this next stash better and don't let on that you even have it. Maybe he will surprise you and give it back later?....by the way, good luck treadmill shopping!

Hope you all are doing well with the challenges, this sugar thing is kicking my you know what! Didn't realize that everything I eat has sugar in it!

emerald dragonfly
01-27-2006, 02:25 AM
Well, I did get my treadmill today anyway! :carrot: It's very nice...AND HEAVY!!! I had to assemble it and when I pluged it in, I got shocked. :o I forgot to screw in my ground wire to the metal side...I learned my lesson. I got on it and walked for almost 2 miles. It took me 43 minutes but I have to get use to it; break it in and me as well! ;) The lady at the equipement place took a $100.00 off the original price! :carrot: She told me someone ordered it and when it came in, decided she didn't want it. She had to sell it quick to get newer 2006 models in. So I got it for a very good deal.

Yeah, I have one of those husbands who go to work and decided since he works 40-50 hours, sometimes more a week, he doesn't have to do anything around the house and all the money in our JOINT account is his..........:devil: It irks me but he does make good money. I put some money away already and my son..I have 4 boys, gave me $100.00 today to help out with trip to California for his sister. She was happy!!! :) I have good kids; they got it from me! LOL!!!

Kristy. Why don't you take a little breather and not worry about losing weight right now. You really need to get to feeling better. We will always be here for you. Please keep coming by and keep us all in touch to let us know how you been doing...okay? You are very beautiful and I am positive when your wedding day comes, you'll look AMAZING!!!! :hug: Please be good to yourself.

WileyB....Girl, step away from the DP!!!! LOL! :p I would rather have the soda instead of the drink too but do you know how much sugar is in a regular soda????? 16 teaspoons of sugar per 20oz.!!!!!!!! You're honest...I like my friends who are honest. :D Tomorrow, behave yourself! I mean it! Snack on a banana, some baby carrots or 1/4 cup of dried fruit/trail mix...that's trail mix minus the M&M's!!! Don't forget the water.... You know I care about you. So, If you grab another DP or any other soda, I will come over and we will walk, walk, WALK away the sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! I hope I can afford the plane ticket! LOL!! ;)

Hey Dakota!!!! I hear ya' when the word "BUSY" buzz's my ear! I have my 9 month old grandson all weekend starting tomorrow, we're going out of town on Saturday, plus, with all the wet, wild weather we've been having, I found mushrooms growing in my van!!!!! All the moisture from everyone going in & out with their wet, muddy feet (we live on a farm) has made a crop full of them! I got to go "pick" them. LOL!!! EEEwwwwww!!!! My van isn't an old clunker either...it's a '96 and in almost perfect condition.

Well my "peeps", I got to go to bed... Everyone is gone today....don't know where they all are. But I am glad to see at least 3 of you here! :) Take care and hopefully tomorrow's weigh in, for some, will be a good one! :D

Hugs,
Gloria

WileyB
01-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Gloria, way to go on the treadmill deal! Sounds like a good bargain. You have the most amazing kids, and I know that you must be very proud of them. I can only hope that I am raising mine to be as thoughtful. We live in a really small town, and there is only one fast food place, and the only diet drink they have is diet Coke, which I can't stand! If they had diet DP, I would be a happy camper. I don't drink a lot of sodas, but I like to have one every now and then.

Tonight, my husband wants to go out and eat...probably Mexican food, which I love. The good thing is that I don't care for the chips and dip....I'm a little worried about how they prepare everything else. I always get fajita meat of some kind, and I think that is better than something loaded in sauce. Going to try and have a light lunch so tonight's meal won't "hurt" so bad.

I made me a vegetable tray with low fat dressing right there in the middle of the container...just like a party tray. I love it. I can go and snack anytime I want because it is already fixed and ready for me. Should have thought of this way before now. Wonder if I can fix a dessert tray?????? Well, it dosen't hurt to think about it anyway!

Well, I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend...ya'll be good! ;)

candoitby06
01-27-2006, 11:43 AM
Hiya ladies...what a day yesterday was! Work was CRAZY and after getting home at 4am this morning, 8 o'clock came quick!! So, I am basically a walking zombie today. Forgive me if none of this makes sense!

Aw Kristy honey, I am with the others, sounds like you need to take a breather and regroup here. Your health is most important and you cant lose weight and get healthy if you keep getting sick. Please keep in touch....we miss you being around.

Gloria....what is with men?! I just dont understand them at all. My hubby does the same thing about taking money and spending it on ******ed things. Not at much as your hubby took (I might have killed for that!! He would be in the doghouse for months as far as I'm concerned). Its like they just dont think about things. Anyone get the whole drop the clothes inches from the hamper on the floor?! Thats my number 1 pet peeve and he still does it every single day regardless of how much I piss and moan about it. Like he blocks me out or something.

Congrats on the wicked deal on the treadmill!! I love discounts!!! Way to go with the 2 miles, you will slowly start to speed up, thats a great start!

Vanessa, we had a student nurse last night at work and I was thinking about you. She was a tool (not that you are)!! Not sure really how far shes going to make it but she was trying at least. I was thinking, jeez I hope my Vanessa makes a better student!! Of course, I am sure I was like that at one point to....I shouldnt talk. lol, but she was kinda slow. (she came to me for help with a catheter so I went to observe her, and she didnt know how to pull back foreskin WHOOPS) Sorry if that was TMI for everyone else. I'm done now. Keep up the hard work in school hon and of course keep up the hard work with this weight loss journey.

Today was my weigh in day. I'm down 4.5 pounds this week. Yippie skippy. Tonight my bestfriend is coming in to town for the weekend. Tonight is Mexican (must be mexican food night) and lots and lots of margaritas. So maybe I should say I only lost 2.5 pounds?! lol kidding

Take it easy ladies!!!
Hope all is well today with everyone!!!

Fig
01-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Hello on a Friday night! I'm turning in early as I have a long day tomorrow--I have my class from 9-4. No weight loss yet but I've stayed the same--steady at 140. If I got more exercise it would help, I know. I need something to rev up my metabolism, because I certainly don't eat very much! Kristy, be gentle with yourself and take a break. Eat healthy stuff, but don't be too rigid. Take time to heal and get well.

dgpebbles
01-27-2006, 10:16 PM
well I'm only down 1lb this week..I figured it would be the same so I'm happy with the 1lb...I didn't get as much exercise in as I should have this week but I'm managing two stores right now and it's killing me...I'm ready to pull my hair out..

Gloria - Glad you found a treadmill...great job on your 2 miles...How do you like using it?

Morgan - great..4.5lbs is awesome

Kristy - sorry to here you are sick again...I agree with everyone else..just get plenty of rest right now...and get well soon

emerald dragonfly
01-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi all! :)
I LOVE my tread mill but can't get on it until Sunday evening...I am watching my grandson and don't want anything to happen to him so yesterday I went MALL SHOPPING!! That's like a 20 mile walk!!! :o Well, it felt like it. My poor feet were throbbing sooo badly last night I ended up rubbing them with hand lotion for 1/2 hour.

Great loss Morgan! :carrot: I am so proud of you! :hug: Keep up the good work. I weighed myself yesterday morning and still am at 183. I don't know what I am doing wrong...I don't think I am doing anything wrong. I do know I am losing inches around my waist because my clothes tell me. I haven't been exercising faithfully; that could be it. I have this horrible cold and my grandson has that "croopy" cough so I think my body is trying to tell me something. I'll have to work harder on my exercising. It is hard with a 9 month old running around. He goes back home Sunday night. Oh, my husband is an A** anyway so it doesn't matter what I say to him, he'll do what he wants. He only thinks of himself and what's best for him. I got tricked into marrying him...that's another chapter of my life...LOL! One of these days, I am going to tell you girls my life story.... It could possibly become a "movie of the week." LOL!!!

Fig, you and I are in the same boat. I am not worried about not losing, it's the gaining I'll worry about if that happens to me. Hopefully with all the healthy eating I have been doing will kick in soon. Keep on going though...we'll get to our goal! :)

A dessert tray....Hhhmmmmm. sounds good to me!!! :carrot: I love Mexican food too. I try to stay away from the fried foods....but most places fry their food so I try to stick with a taco salad, or something with fresh veggies.....sometimes the resturants are willing to please their customers and go far & beyond their duty. I hope you enjoyed your night!

Well, I don't know if I can get back on tonight. My grandson is asleep and I am hoping he'll get to sleep around 7:30pm like he did last night. he slept until 7:30am!!!! 12 hour sleep!!!!! I wish I could do that. :^:

Take care and I'll try to get back on tonight.

Hugs,
Gloria

emerald dragonfly
01-29-2006, 11:58 PM
:) Hello!!!! Where's everybody at???? I had an electricity problem today and couldn't get on my computer until a few minutes ago. :devil:

Well, I better go and check out the "newbies." I miss you gals!!! :( :hug: I don't know what's going on...maybe you're all busy, but please come back. ;)

Hugs,
Gloria

Softykins
01-30-2006, 03:22 AM
Hello Mixed Nutters!

Just to let you know, starting tomorrow, I'm back in the saddle
again! I'm feeling MUCH better and I'm ready to lose again.

*hugs* again to you all for your support! I just love ya all! :hug:

LET'S DO THIS! :ebike:

dgpebbles
01-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Kristy---welcome back...we've missed you...you sound so motivated again....I can feel your energy...glad your back and ready to go..you are going to do great and your wedding is going to be wonderful...Have a great day and we are all looking forward to seeing you joining in with us again

candoitby06
01-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Well hola ladies! Long time no chat....seems like its been an eternity! What a crazy weekend I had....my bestfriend came down from the great North to visit me for the weekend, what a blast! We bought Kelsey her first swimsuit....its so damn cute! Check my profile, I put up a new picture of her in her suit and sunglasses. lol.

Glad to hear your back on the bus Kristy! Congrats! We will make this happen!!

So, I tried my first actual veggie burger today....and I loved it. I may end up going vegetarian, I'm loving the veggies lately! My hubby would die if I stopped eating meat lol. hmmmm, on second thought....lol kidding

Alright, I need to Dr. Phil it here and feed the baby. I will come visit again tonight, hope all is well!

Fig
01-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Welcome back, Kristy! You know, you inspire me. I admire your courage and determination. I just KNOW that you will succeed, so you hang in there, honey.

What is our challenge for this week? And where oh where is everybody?

As for me, I'm having some rough going. Having lots of pain from my arthritis and lots of headaches. And, I must confess, doing a lot of emotional eating. (mostly carbs--toast, chips, etc.) I've got to get out of this spiral. HELP, please!!! I'm just tired, lonely and depressed.

Well, time for meds, TV and bed. Goodnight and hugs. Marion:hug:

emerald dragonfly
01-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Your daughter is too cute! My daughter is now 15 and I do remeber her first swimsuit....it was pink w/ lots of butterflies all over it. I do miss those days. :( I LOVE veggie burgers also but do love my beef burgers when I want one.

Kristy!!! I was just thinking about you this morning! I was going to send you an e-mail asking for your home addy to send you something in your mail to cheer you up! I hope all is well???? You sound very motivated and ready to go. :D

Oh Marion...you know we all love ya'. I have arthiritis and I do know some days I can't do much of anything. Take it easy and relax. As for the lonliness and depression, I wish I could come over and we could go for a walk, go to the movies or ???whatever. Why are you depessed???? I'm wondering why you feel so lonely??? I feel lonely alot here but it's not because of what some might think. My husband put me over the edge last night and I told him me & the kids were moving out. He didn't care. I found out he cheated on me...AGAIN!!! This is the 5th. time. I had enough of it. So I have been looking for a house all day. There...you gals are the first to hear my personal problem. I'd thought I would never tell anyone. I feel better now. Marion, please go for a walk, or get together with a group of people. I worry about you and my "peeps" when they feel bad. I'll say a little prayer for you if you don't mind. I am not a "religous freak" but do believe in prayers.

WileyB got chosen to pick a challenge for this week........ I'll wait until tomorrow night before I e-mail her. She might be having problems with her computer, or a storm like I had.

Got to go ladies..... it's 6:50pm Pacific time and my daughter made dinner tonight.....

Hugs,
Gloria

Dakotasweett
01-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Hi all,
I finally have 5 minutes to write to everyone. It was a crazy busy weekend here with work and a huge school assignment. But I am down to 232.5 pounds!!!! That's about 2.5 pounds down from last week! I am back to exercising and boy am I sore! I tried out the Biggest Loser DVD last night and it kicked my butt! A great workout though...I can understand how they all lost the weight.

Morgan- sorry to hear about your yucky student nurse...trust me I am getting pretty good by now. I am thoroughly enjoying my psych rotation although I have clinicals at 6:45 am this week...yuck! If you like veggie burgers...be sure to try vegetarian bacon. It is sooooo good and much less greasy!

Kristy- glad to see ya back girl! Hope this is your best week ever.

Marion- so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. I know how tough it is for me to watch what I eat and to exercise when my fibromyalgia flares up...it always makes me feel a bit sad. Just do what you can do...but don't risk hurting yourself. Just remember this is about changing for the long run...not just one day or one week. If you need anything let me know...I am here for you!

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Softykins
01-31-2006, 02:29 AM
You gals are the sweetest!
Gloria - don't fuss over me hun - the thought itself is so nice of you!
Thank you! :hug:

candoitby06
01-31-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm so glad to see that everyone is so caring for everyone in this forum. You can definately feel the love!

Marion - I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed and lonely. What a challenge to be eating healthy while feeling down. Thats when I have the most problems eating. I am sure you are struggling. Just keep in mind that if you have nobody else in this world, you have us ladies here at the Mixed Nuts! We are there for you any time of the day....just drop us a note and we will help out the best that we can! Please hang in there, this too shall pass.

Gloria - Sounds like you are a very strong woman. I admire that. I applaude you for not putting up with your hubby's BS anymore. I dont know what I would do if my hubby cheated on me. It would be completely devestating. Over here, we have a problem with chatting with ladies online....searching for ladies on various websites and porno. I confront him often, but it never seems to stop. What is it that makes men the way they are? It seems to be such a selfish trait that most, if not all, men have. I cant imagine seeking out other men?? Whatever it is, it sucks for the person on the other end. And my heart goes out to you Gloria. Keep your chin up, your gorgeous inside and I am sure you are outside too....we're here for you in whatever decision you end up making.

Vanessa - I bet you are a great nurse, I wouldnt doubt it for a second! You keep on trucking, soon it will be over and you will wonder where the time went! I'm glad to hear you love your psych rotation! Theres nothing like a whole bunch of crazy people to help you realize how good you have it!!! Chin up chica!

Alright ladies....me and billy have a date and its time to change into my *shudder* exercise clothes. Keep smiling girls, you are worth it.

WileyB
01-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Sorry ya'll, had a death in our family, and just got backtoday at 2:30. Had to feed baby girl, and am off to get the boys from school. The challenge....how about 10 ( or at least up to) situps on the first morning, then add 2-3 each successive morning. I know that we all need to work on our abs- me big-time, I haven't seen them in ages! Will talk to you all later. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

candoitby06
01-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Did you all know that they list the birthdays? (My hubby reminded me that it was my birthday this afternoon, how ******ed am I?) They listed me! I feel so special!! Another year older....and I have to work tonight, I think I need to retire soon ;) hehe.

Sorry to hear about your loss WileyB. If you need to talk, we are here for you. Good challenge, my abs look like....well....they dont look like anything but rolls :) I will start that tomorrow morning.

Kelsey got one of those Jumperoo things for Christmas....and this afternoon she was jumping in it while I was tiddying things up around the house. It got really quiet so I came out to check on her, and she was SOUND asleep. I grabbed my camera because I thought it was cute that she jumped herself to sleep and all of a sudden, she started jumping like a mad woman....still COMPLETELY ASLEEP! I have never laughed so damn hard. She would stop jumping, and lay her head down....then start jumping all over again with her head straight up and her eyes shut. It was cute and all on video. Wish I had a way to share it with you all, its the most hysterical thing I have seen in months.

Off to work...hope its not a crazy crazy night. Ciao Chicas.

Softykins
01-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Holy crap! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MORGAN!!!
:hb: :hat: :gift: :woo: :balloons: :hb: :hat: :gift: :woo: :balloons:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

---------------

Awesome challenge, Wiley! I'm so sorry to hear the sad news.
Sending a hug your way! :hug:

dgpebbles
01-31-2006, 11:01 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORGAN...I can't believe you forgot your own b-day..Hope it was great...ooohhh I wish I could of seen your baby...I bet it was really cute....I remember my daughter love her jumpier...

WileyB-sorry to hear about your loss..hope your doing okay....I love the challenge..it is actually what I was going to say for mine....you know what they say....Great minds think alike..

emerald dragonfly
01-31-2006, 11:13 PM
Happy b-DAY morgan!!!!

I can't stay on long...we are storming again!!! Hurricane strength winds and my whole house's electricity keeps going in & out. So I'll try to get to you gals tomorrow......sorry!!!

Gloria

candoitby06
02-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys....Its been so crazy that I'm lucky if I remember what day of the week it is let alone my birthday. I ended going home early from work last night because my blood pressure skyrocketed and my pulse did the same. My head felt like it was going to explode so I spent most of the evening in the ER with morphine on board. Yuck. Needless to say, my headache is gone. Thank god. Otherwise, it was a great birthday lol.

Time for me to go lay on the couch and watch a movie with the baby, today I'm going to relax so no Billy for me. Have a great day gals and I will check back later to see whats going on with you all.

Ciao

Deanna7272
02-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Okay... I haven't been on here in forever.... I havebeen super busy and traveling out of town over the weekends etc. I will try to have the calendar updated by tomorrow and have our totals for the month... our goal was 20 pounds... think we are close???

I am starting back at the Body Shop (our local gym) today. I am SOOOO excited I can't stand it. I got out my old gym bag ( a REALLY nice Nike one, I must say...lol) and it had my old journals and workouts in it....WOO HOO... I am ready ladies.... I gained a pound last week so I am like at my starting point AGAIN (I think)... I haven't looked at it, I am frustrated...

I told hubby that my main goal is to get into the lingerie that I bought LAST year for our honeymoon... I have 8 things that still have tags because I don't like myself in my skin right now.... He bought me an outfit TWO YEARS ago for Valentine's Day and I STILL haven't had the darn thing on because I don't like myself in it.... Sad sad thing...

Will talk later, I am in the middle of class....

dgpebbles
02-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey everyone I just realized that today is Feb 1st...so don't forget that starting today we start our new points challenge...so start keeping track of your daily points..

WileyB
02-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks for your sympathy guys...I spent most of my childhood at my aunt's house because her daughter and I were best friends. They found out she had Parkinson's about 8 years ago. It's an awful way to go, but I am glad that she is no longer suffering with it.

Morgan, hope that you had some bright spots on your birthday. Sounds like you need a do-over on your special day there....I think your little one and mine are close to the same age. Mine turned 4mo. on Sat. the 28th. How old is yours?

Deanna, at least you kept your clothes. I gave all of mine to Good Will. I said that if I ever got back down to my original size, that I would spend the money for a whole new wardrobe, despite the cost! Besides that, by the time it takes me to lose what I need to, all my clothes will have dry rotted!

Gloria, move down here to Texas, and you won't have all of that awful weather! Hang in there! Sorry to hear about your trouble, but please be sure and take care of yourself because those kids need you!

Donna, you know, we are both from Texas, so what can you expect? Sorry I got your challenge, I had been thinking about it for quite some time. It's something that I use to do every morning before work, and have let it fall by the wayside. Just haven't started it back up yet til now. I need to get out my TX map and see where you are. I know that I have been through you town before. I am from a small town close to Nacogdoches, if you know where that is, and I think you will....

Hope that you all are having a great week!

Dakotasweett
02-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Hi all!
Morgan- happy belated birthday! Thanks for the encouragement with school...I am sure you can understand how tough it can be at times.

WileyB- I am so sorry about your loss. If there is anything I can do, please, please let me know. You are in my thoughts and prayers. On a happier note- great challenge. I got the DVD for 8 minute abs and have been doing it every other night....I am actually noticing a difference- I can feel the muscles now even though there is still a bit of fat over top them!

Deanna- I think your goal of fitting into specific clothes is a fantastic one. It kinda helps get your mind off the scale. I am trying hard to remember that the scale weighs fat and muscle so the real way to gauge my loss is that my clothes fit soooo much better...I think I am gonna HAVE to buy new clothes by the end of the month...else I might end up mooning someone as my pants are beginning to fall down!

I hope all is well with everyone...keep on truckin ladies!

dgpebbles
02-02-2006, 09:45 AM
I did my challenge for yesterday...I did 20 sit ups, 30 mins of walking and 45 mins on the bike...

WileyB- did you want us to do full sit ups or just stomach crunchs?

Have a great day everyone

WileyB
02-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Way to go Donna on your exercise! I just want everyone to do what works for them. I like sit-ups, but will do crunches as well. I like to hook my toes under the bottom edge of the couch and do my sit-ups and crunches that way. I'm sure everyone has their own "style", so just do whatever works best for you.

Hope that you all have a great day!

Softykins
02-02-2006, 03:06 PM
I did my challenge for yesterday...I did 20 sit ups, 30 mins of walking and 45 mins on the bike...

WileyB- did you want us to do full sit ups or just stomach crunchs?

Have a great day everyone

OMG! You are a mean exercising machine!!!
I could never do that much! Way to go!

Deanna7272
02-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Well, I started back to the gym last night... had a great workout and now... I have a little swelling around my patellar tendon... (swelling around and to the left and right of the bottom of the knee cap) so I think I should hold off until tomorrow to go to the gym. I may end up down there after taking some Ibu to see if the swelling goes down. I am actually supposed to help hubby "process" a deer that he got the other day.... My ex used to do it all the time but, it's been years since I did it... I hope I remember how..lol

I am going to go... still trying to get caught up!

Softykins
02-03-2006, 02:07 PM
I hope your knee feels better soon, Deanna!

As for me... I REALLY need some advice, guys. I'm getting
pretty desperate now. I know it's only Friday but I know my
body - normally (way back when) I would have lost something
by now. I need help - I'm still staying at the same weight.
I can't take this anymore. I've tried eating low calories and this
time I tried eating more - afraid that my body was in survival mode.

I have been exercising everyday. Can anyone recommend anything?
Please! Anyone! I need major help here. I don't even understand
how I lost 29 pounds! Why did my body let go of that and now....
nothing. I have no idea what the heck is going on.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I'm trying to stay calm about this but this is getting to be too
much. I haven't lost weight in a long time. What are you guys doing
that I'm not?!?! :?:

candoitby06
02-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Ahhh Kristy....you will come out of this slump soon. Lets see here...I think you mentioned to me that you were really chugging the H2O. Thats a big thing. You've already uped your calories to prevent survival mode...how about soda? Are you doing soda or have you kicked that out? Thats a big difference right there. Exercising everyday....this could explain that you may be losing body fat and gaining muscle? Which is just as good as seeing the scale go down! How about switching to all whole wheat products, breads, wraps, etc. Losing all the white flour? Sugars?

I dont know how open minded you are about going and getting a seaweed wrap? These wraps not only feel wonderful and are totally relaxing....but they literally suck the fluid out of you! It literally dehydrates you....so you need to drink crazy amounts of water before, during and after the treatment. For like a week following the treatment, you arent able to do caffeine, alcohol, nicotine etc. because its a detoxifying treatment and flushes all the nasty toxins out of your body. You will lose inches instantaniously, and if you are following a diet, you will keep them off and even lose more in the few days after. This may be the little push that you need? They are WONDERFUL. I am going to have one done this month as its my reward for good food choices during a 12 week time frame. Please research it, I know you will love it.

No matter what, you WILL and CAN do this. Also, I take a green tea supplement during the day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. This really and truely helps to curb my cravings for food throughout the day. Its all natural but it you are a tea fan, you can try that too! I just cant hack the tea taste. Blek.

Donna, you are nuts! Thats a crazy amount of exercise! Where do you find the time and energy? WAY TO GO GIRL! Keep it up!!

Today was my weigh in....and I was only down a pound and a half. I guess its better than nothing. Heres to another week girls CHEERS!

Softykins
02-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi sweetie - I don't eat white flour at all - only whole grains.
No soda - just water and sometimes milk.
I don't know if I'm exercising enough, though. I went back to 30 mins
because I was so exhausted everyday when I was doing an hour.
Sooo... I don't think I'm gaining muscle. I walk on the treadmill
for 30 mins at 2.6
I just don't get it at all.
The seaweed wrap sounds good but I don't want to go alone and
none of my friends would be interested in that.
I'm clueless. I'm doing everything right yet my body loves having the
fat on it.

Fig
02-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Hello on a Friday night. Kristy--I understand your frustration. Have you talked to your doctor? I'm wondering if there might be an organic reason for your not losing. Have you had your thyroid checked? It could be something like that. See the doc, have a checkup, see what he says. And it's true--some bodies ARE naturally heavier. But you WILL lose--you just need to find out what's going on. For now, keep drinking your water, exercise (but don't over-exercise). Watch your portions--could this be the problem? Have lean protein, lots of fresh veggies, fruit, lowfat milk..... you know. It will be ok. Love to you, Marion:)

Deanna7272
02-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Hey ladies.. do me a HUGE favor.... email me your stats.... I am so sorry that I haven't been able to keep up... Trying to get EVERYTHING done is impossible.... deanna7272@verizon.net If you can get these to me by Tuesday I will have the monthly totals up by Wednesday (going to try something different)...

Kristy... I would DEFINITELY increase your cardio... I am doing AT LEAST 45 minutes a day and I am HOPING that I drop weight this week. I know that with me, I need to kick up my cardio to start that fat burning....

Talk soon!

WileyB
02-06-2006, 12:30 PM
OK girls, looks like we are able to get things back to normal around here. How was everyone's weekend? I don't know where mine went. I'm guessing that most of ya'll weigh in today, but I'm not sure. If you are....good luck! I'm going to kick up my housecleaning mode some and see if I can burn off a few extra calories today. My little girl had a very fitful night last night, and my husband and I are near exhaustion. I don't know what in the world was wrong with her; I just hope we don't have another one of them tonight.

Hope everyone was able to do the situps/crunches. I forgot to do mine a couple of days! Got to make it at one special time so that I can remember to do them. Well, I hope that all of you have a wonderful Monday, and week to follow!

Softykins
02-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Now I feel rather embarrassed. :o :o :o :o :o

Something must have been off when I weighed myself
because I weighed myself today.....and... well... it seems
as though I have lost 2 pounds! I'm actually shell shocked.
Wow.

I really don't know what to say - other than thank you for
your support everyone! I'm so sorry I was so whiney! :o :o :o

Deanna, I can't seem to get emails to send to you so I'll just tell you
my stats here:

Beginning weight: 316
Current weight: 285
Goal weight: 200

Deanna7272
02-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks Kristy... I need to update....

Hope all is well with everyone... I weigh in tonight after my 1st week of weight training and going back to the gym... I did 75 minutes of quality cardio Sat and 45 yesterday before the Super Bowl... I watched my foods (I did cheat yesterday) but I am off my monthly AND I should LOSE... Not guaranteeing ANYTHING...lol

Talk soon.... needs weights by the weigh...lol

candoitby06
02-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm not having a very good day so I'm going to make this quick.

Starting Weight - 270
Current Weight - 210
Goal Weight - 200 (April Fools Challenge) and 160 (Long term Goal)

Dakotasweett
02-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi all

Well I feel pretty yucky today but was still able to do my treadmill for 15 minutes and do my 8 minute abs video. I guess my hard work has paid off because I have lost 3 1/2 pounds this last week...I am at 229 now!!!!!

Kristy- congrats on the loss. Good for you for sticking with it even when it felt frustrating.

Deanna- great job on the workout! That's amazing!

WileyB- sorry to hear you had such a tough night. I am sending good wishes your way for a more restful night today!

Morgan- sorry to hear you are having a yucky day. Let me know if there is anything I can do...even if you just need to rant and rave.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week and an excellent weigh in!

dgpebbles
02-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Hello everyone...I had a great weekend...I've got my crunches in every day...so far I have 295 monutes of exercise in for Feb...I actually lost 1.5lbs this week but I'm going to start using my new scale which is off by 1.5lbs...so ticker is not going to chance this week..

Kristy - congrats on the loss...I knew you could do it..

Vanessa - way to go.....3.5lbs is awesome

WileyB
02-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Donna - congrats on your loss!:carrot: ...and great job on your exercise! Even though it doesn't show up on your new scale, you know you lost it, and that is even more important than a number.

Woo Hoo Kristy! :carrot: Way to Go! You silly girl, all that fretting for nothing...that's ok, we've all already been there and done that too. I think that is exactly why we are all here. To listen to each other when we think that we just can't go on anymore. I think anyone trying to lose weight needs some kind of verbal motivation to help them out every now and then. You might need to get a new scale....is yours accurate each time or does it fluctuate wildly? Just a thought....

Deanna - you are an exercise machine girl! ;) Way to go with keeping yourself in there and getting your exercise. We all know how much of a difference it can make, and your doing an excellent job with yours! Congratulations!

Vanessa - WAAAAY to GOOOO! Wow! Over three pounds? That's wonderful! :carrot: Keep doing what your doing....it definitely seems to be working to your advantage! Thanks for the good night wishes, she was a little fussy til about 3 am, and then she passed out and we all slept soundly. It was great!

Morgan, sorry to hear you are feeling yucky....We've all been there too. When I'm like that, I find a movie that makes me laugh, and it always seems to lift my spirits a little. I know it may sound silly, but it works for me. Whatever else, know that we all care about you and hope that you are feeling much, much better soon! Lots of Hugs. :hug:

General note here - can anyone tell me why I can't get my big smilie list to come up anymore. We switched to earthlink, and I can't get that big list of smilies anymore. Each time I click on [More], a sound like bo dunk plays, and the box flashes up for a split second, and then nothing....Does my computer think it is a pop up?

dgpebbles
02-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Where is our wonderful Gloria at?....she's missing.....She hasn't been on here since 1-31....no sunday email...I hope she's ok...who's makes the challenge this week..

Softykins
02-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks ladies! You were the ones that helped me through this! :hug:

Hey, yeah! Where is Gloria? I guess we aren't having a challenge
this week, unless Gloria would want us to go ahead and
pick a mixed nut to do it.

candoitby06
02-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Wasnt Gloria having problems with the storms and her electricity? Sounds like we should just keep going with last weeks challenge? Just a thought.

As for the list of smilies....sounds like your computer thinks its a pop - up. Try hitting the CTRL button while clicking on more.....see if it works, if it does, your computer def thinks its a pop up.

Thanks for the support guys, been a little crazy here. Talk later, I need to get ready for dreaded work.

dgpebbles
02-07-2006, 10:07 PM
yes she was having storms..I sure hope she hasn't been without power for 7 days now...I'm game for staying with last weeks challenge...I'm sure we all could use the crunchs and to make it more of a habbit of doing them..

Deanna7272
02-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Hey ladies... Haven't been on much at all and I apologize... I have a ctually been going to bed early.... I wanted to let you know though... I weighed in Monday and I was down 3.5 pounds... I am very excited and have been putting in MUCH more time watching my intake and exercising... I knew the Body Shop would make a difference...

We are heading to Cleveland again this weekend... Hubby has a euthanasia course that he has to attend and we get to spend the weekend in a hotel..loll They do have a jacuzzi and a pool, fitness center (24 hours) and personal fitness with tapes that you can use in your rooms... HOW COOL IS THAT??? I am also excited about the down comforters and 300 thread count sheets.... I may not want to come home...lol

Still updating... thanks for all that have sent their stats.... Talk soon ladies...

WileyB
02-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Hey girls! Hope everyone is doing good. Not hearing much from ya'll....:?:

Well, I weighed in yesterday, and was up half a pound. It probably didn't help that I drank about a gallon of tea before I went to weigh in. Not sure if that makes that much of a difference or not. But that's ok, I know that I will get it off eventually. Our weather is so kooky here, and it blows cold most of the time right now so my "walks" to the post office have been postponed some. I just don't want to get my baby girl out in that cold weather. Still paying for her birth, can't afford any more doctor bills right now! :bb:

Deanna, hope that you have a wonderful weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun. Do some extra laps in that pool for me. I told my husband that before I die, I have to have a pool at some point in my life at my house. A real one that you can actually do laps in. I'm somewhat of a "fish". I get along very well with the water - husband sinks like a rock. :(

Morgan, that worked, holding the CTRL key when I hit More. Thanks! It's good to have my smilies back! :D

Well, I hope that everyone is doing good on their food, water, and exercise. Hopefully, everything is ok with Gloria and we will hear from her soon. Til then, ya'll keep plugging away and have a great day! :wave:

candoitby06
02-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well! The posts were getting slow, I was wondering if anyone was going to post at all!

Sounds like your doing well with paying attention to your intake and exercise Deanna! CONGRATS on your loss! You certainly deserve this weekend of relaxation from the sounds of it! Sleep a couple of hours for me! MMMMMM 300 thread count sheets.....comfy comfy comfy.

WileyB, I am sure your half a pound was just from the iced tea, but its still discouraging I know. Keep up the work, it will pay off in the end.

So, I found out that I have dangerous amounts of protein in my urine. Its had me pretty down the last couple of days. The night I went to the ER for my blood pressure, they did a urine test and those results came in the other day. They ran some more tests the other day to test my kidney function, so I am hoping those come back okay. The amount of protein in my urine supports some kidney failure so I am really anxious about it. It seems like since I had my daughter, its been one thing after another and to top it off.....my wisdom teeth have decided to make their appearance so I am sure I will be visiting the dentist soon *shudders* I HATE the dentist! Anyhow, thats why I have been kind of down lately and not posting as much. This too shall pass?! Cross your fingers for me, I have no more fingers left cross over here.

On a happier note, I have been losing like crazy! My new blood pressure medication is a diuretic so the water has been coming off of me like it was going out of style. I weighed two days ago and was down 3.5 pounds and then weighed again today and was down another 2. I guess I'm not complaining, but I wish it was from my hard work and not a medication.

You all have a great weekend!! My hubby is going winter camping with 15 of his buddies so its just me and the little lady for 3 days. I'm a little nervous because its our first 3 days without being able to hand her off to Daddy for a little Mommy time. Its looking like the jumper is going to be a lifesaver for me!!

Ciao Chicas!

dgpebbles
02-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Hello ladies...where is everyone....well I'm hoping this is my last week of running two stores...it sure is dragging me down....I'm still getting in my exercise and eating good but not getting enough sleep...Hope tomorrows weigh-in is good.
my daughter got her first job and started work this week at a steakhouse called Saltgrass...so now I get a little bit of quite when I get home.lol...but she comes home all wound up

Deanna - WTG 3.5lbs is great...sure wish I would drop that much in a week..I'm stuck with just losing about 1lb per week...sounds like your going to have a nice relaxing weekend...enjoy yourself you deserve it

WilleyB - your .5lbs is probably from your tea...thats alot of fluid you took in....Are you still going to weighin tomorrow?...Glad you got your smilies back.

Morgan - sorry to hear about your new problem...hope your tests all come out okay...good job on the loss even if its water it still counts....try to have a good weekend

anske
02-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Hello Ladies,

How is everyone doing? I hope you are all loosing. I thought I was but I haven't got on the scale. Now I am getting ready for the old mother period. lol So I won't weigh myself. I have been so busy with my full time job. I will say I do walk alot. But I quit drinking my water! :( I have been drinking the diet soda again. I miss you all and hopw all is well. I will try to check in more often.
One of the MIxed nuts
Anske

Softykins
02-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Doing good so far!
I hope you are all well!!!!!
I'll write more soon. :hug:

dgpebbles
02-12-2006, 09:41 AM
where is everyone? hope everyone is doing great...I'm doing good and still doing our stomach exercises...I'm at 432 minutes for exercise this month and eating great with no bad days this week...

everyone please come back...where are all my friends?

Softykins
02-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Well, I'm here. lol
Glad to hear things are going great for you.
I haven't lost anything this week because I think I
gained muscle. At least, that's what I hope it is!

Hey everyone: Come out, come out where ever you are! ;)

WileyB
02-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Well, I'm here, but I wonder how everyone else is doing? For some reason, we've been running around like chickens with our heads cut off around my house! Too much to do, and not enough time to do it in. Doing as well as can be expected I guess. Got satellite hooked back up, and now I am once again addicted to the Olympics.

Hope everyone is doing great. Got baby girl in other arm, and it is hard to type with just one or two free fingers. Will talk to you all later.

Fig
02-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Hi Group, Sorry not to have been around much. I'm also wondering where everyone is, and I'm worried about Gloria. Are we all in a big slump? Hmmm... I'm doing a lot of walking, and and healthy eating--just my vegetables, fruit, tofu, soymilk, oatmeal (whole oats that I cook). I have soup, just tomato, vegetarian vegetable and vegetable broth. I know it dounds boring and dull as ****, but I'm used to it and I really don't have much appetite or interest in food any more! I'm down to 138 ( I've lost 4 pounds) and my goal is STILL 120. I'd love to make it by my birthday (May 4). Would you believe I'll be 60? yikes!!! But by the Summer (or Fall) will be fine, just so I get there! Talk to you soon, I hope...... Marion :)

Softykins
02-13-2006, 02:58 AM
Oh Marion - how I wish I weighed that! You rock! :carrot:

dgpebbles
02-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Marion - WAY TO GO...4lbs is great..

well I weighed in today and I'm doing my usual down 1.2lbs....I just can't seem to drop more than 1lb at a time but I guess as long as I'm losing I can't complain...I'm also now at 492 minutes of exercise for the month..

Deanna7272
02-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Ohhh.... I didn't know that we were counting minutes.... (or are we?).... It's been forever since I have had time... Just got back in town late last ngiht and I am at school now... I'll write more later!!!!

candoitby06
02-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Sorry its been a while guys. Kelsey has pnuemonia. I've been holding a sick baby for the last 3 days. ARGH. Shes on some breathing treatments and guess what, she hates them....figures.

I havent exercised in almost a week! I feel like crap, I didnt realize how much my body was actually getting used to the exercising, it actually likes it! Hopefully we will get a little sleep tonight and perhaps Billy and I can have a one on one tomorrow sometime. We will see.

I will write more later shes finally sleeping and I need some "me" time.

Glad to hear you all are doing so well!! Keep up the great work!

Dakotasweett
02-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi all
Sorry I have been MIA for a bit. Things have been a bit crazy lately...but in a good way. I kinda met someone and I have been spending a lot of time talking with him...but I won't neglect my girls...we're all in this together!

So today was my weigh in and I am down 6 pounds (222.5) since last week. I am a bit concerned about this since I know it isn't healthy to lose that much that quickly. Maybe it's just a fluke...who knows!

Morgan- sorry to hear about your health problems and your little angel's. I am sending good wishes your way. I hope you both heal very quickly.

Marion and Donna (and all else who lost weight)- GREAT JOB! Even if the loss is slow sometimes...it still is progress in the right direction...so just don't give up!

Sorry I don't have time for a long, involved message but I have a ton of homework that is due tomorrow. I hope everyone has a happy, healthy week!

dgpebbles
02-13-2006, 09:58 PM
no the counting exercise minutes is just a personal goal I made for myself ...I want to reach 1000 minutes of exercise for this month...sorry if I confused anyone...I'm just happy that I'm doing it ...trying to make it a habit and trying to bet last months

Softykins
02-14-2006, 03:09 AM
Hey guys - this thread is getting really long so
I hope you don't mind that I'm starting a new thread.
Please go here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1130444#post1130444

anske
03-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Hello Mixed nuts

I hope you all have not forgotten me. I started a full time job and have not been on since. Well a lot of things have happened since then. My father in law got very sick. He passed away on the 11th. At age 54. :( My daughter might have ADD. Things have seemed to fall apart. I quit my job to be there for my mother in law and my kids. The jod stunk though. I wasn't treated very well by some. I told my Hubby that I didn't need the added stress in my life to work there. And now I am finding my self eatting!!!
I am in bad shape. I am going to get myself back into the grove! I missed all the suport I had before I got my job. But I am here now!

Fig
03-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Anske......we're posting under a new thread now, "Mixed Nuts", so go there. It's good to see you again. I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time. I hope we can give you some support. Keep in touch, and take care. Marion