General chatter - Wedding song ideas

View Full Version : Wedding song ideas

hoodj0080
01-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Hey guys!
I'm getting married in about a year and a half. I was watching "Everybody loves Raymond" the episode where Amy and Robert get married. For their first dance, they danced to that Elvis techno song taht came out a few years ago. It was cute and very funny. My boyfriend and I have a huge sense of humor, and I'd love a quirky song for our first dance. We listen to all music except heavy metal. Mild profanity is okay, if the song is great enough. Any suggestions?:carrot:

shrinkingchica
01-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Oohhh, I don't even know what I would suggest for a first dance! But I do know that Butterfly Kisses makes for a good daddy/daughter dance song.

Oh yeah............CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding!!!! :)

IWantMyOldMTV
01-18-2006, 10:06 PM
I've always pictured myself singing and dancing to "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor at my wedding. Congrats on your wedding!

less me
01-19-2006, 02:15 AM
My fav song is by Ella James It called at last .

GreatBigMonsterMomma
01-19-2006, 02:38 AM
Well, the only thing that jumps to mind when it comes to offbeat songs that would still be appropriate for a wedding is the Queen song "One Year of Love" from the album A Kind of Magic. But if you're geeky enough you could probably pull of "Princes of the Universe" from the same album. ;)

2frustrated
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
I like "Wild Horses" by the Stones (I think it's them....) I'd like that as our first dance song.. if we have a DJ!

hoodj0080
01-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Great suggestions guys! Thanks, I can't wait to listen to them:)

plb@m
01-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I think "wasn't me" by Shaggy would be funny. Good luck hope you find what you're looking for and all goes well.

liz321
01-20-2006, 09:51 PM
The sounds of the waves hitting the shore on a tropical island

Liz

flipafart
01-23-2006, 09:36 PM
I can love you like that they have a pop and a country version available
but if you really want to play a wild song try billy's got his beer googles on lol

Alora1978
01-23-2006, 09:50 PM
These aren't really quirky, but they are some selections I helped my cousin out with for her wedding-

"By Your Side" Sade
"Keeper of the Stars" Tracy Byrd
"I Do (Cherish You)" Mark Wills
"It's Your Love" Faith Hill/Tim McGraw
"Making Memories of Us" Keith Urban
"Baby Your My Better Half" Keith Urban

There's a bit of a country theme here but they are all good first dance songs.

Amy :)

DeafinlySmart
01-23-2006, 09:52 PM
A moment like this - kelly clarkson

happytx
01-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Well for my wedding I did "Fly Me to the Moon", Frank Sinatra/George Strait version. Its kinda upbeat we did a whole routine, and I know that was my favorite part of my wedding reception. To this day I still love that song, probably because it is a classic, re-done as a duet, so it has staying power, ya know! :-) Good Luck choosing the music, its so much fun, almost as fun as tasting the wedding cakes!! :lol:

cyndyjlo
01-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Mine was "Let's Stay Together" by Al Greene. We love the lyrics - they ring true - even though so many of my friends asked "How will you dance to it?", we enjoyed every second!

EZMONEY
01-23-2006, 11:21 PM
HEY AMY~ I say if the theme is "country" ya just gotta add ~~ I CROSS MY HEART by George Strait!;)

hoodj0080
01-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Ooooh, I'm loving these suggestions! I'm trying to download a copy of the sinatra/strait song now. legally, of course....

CynthiaB
01-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Funny suggestion: "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen

Offbeat but appropriate suggestion: "For My Wedding" by Don Henley... I think this would be a great song that's not the traditional "I love you forever, this is the best moment of my life" sort of song. It's got that message in it, but it's also about the fact that your life will change forever at this moment (for the better, of course!), and the road may not always be easy, but together you will weather the rough times. Very good song.

Another good one is "In My Life" by the Beatles.

-Cindy B

jules1216
01-25-2006, 11:10 AM
My hubby & I's "song" was Thank You by Led Zeppelin. I know your thinking sure Led Zeppelin. It is a slower song and the words are beautiful. Robert Plant's sexy voice is just a plus.

upswife
01-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Our song was When you love a woman by journey~not quirky, but a good song

GreatBigMonsterMomma
01-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Funny suggestion: "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen

"Fat Bottomed Girls!" :cb:

OK, really, just about anything from Queen would fit the quirky mold. "You're My Best Friend" would be both kinda sweet & upbeat. Or you could use "Bohemian Rhapsody" & do the whole Wayne's World headbanging bit. :dizzy: (Am I dating myself here?)

hoodj0080
01-25-2006, 08:24 PM
You know, I'm really leaning towards James Brown's Get Up Offa that Thing. You have to realize that while me and my boyfriend love music, we are really white and can't dance anyway. So it doesn't really matter how bad we dance. We want to poke fun at the whole "so serious and moving the guests will all cry" first dance song. Later on though, we'll also dance to Michael Buble's The Way You Look Tonight. But we'll have fun with James Brown first. What do you guys think? Quirky enough? :)