LA Weight Loss - What would you do? Counselors and others, need help, pls.

slecompte
01-18-2006, 07:28 PM
I am doing the 5 week program to lose 10 lbs, I am 3 weeks into it. I should lose the 10 by then, but might want to do 15, so I asked tonight about buying more weeks, how much are they right now. She said I think $6, let me check.

So I hear her go up front and they are whispering and she comes back and says well with your program, it is just like a trial, you cannot purchase weeks alone, you can do a program for $249 to lose between 0 & 20 lbs and then get 6 weeks of maintenance.

I am 99% sure that was never mentioned up front when I signed up, that they said I could purchase weeks later if I wanted. I have to check my paperwork to see what is on there. I am NOT doing $249 to lose another 5 lbs plus LA lites.

Does this sound right, should I be able to just get weeks? I mean I was going to get like 5 more and also purchase bars so they would be making money.

At this rate, I might consider just doing it myself and using Pria or Luna bars, is that nuts on my part and doing myself injustice? My goal for 10 lbs is to be 137, but would like to be about 135 ish. I have been following the plan great and really besides weighing (which I just got a scale Monday), this center hasn't been providing much else. I weighed at another center twice and she had a few good tips, but that's about it.

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sheila

marbear
01-18-2006, 08:24 PM
If the program is up to 20 lbs, they should give you up to 20 lbs free. I'd report them to the bigger corporation if they try to charge you $249 all over again. Threaten to talk to the high ups.

Mary

slecompte
01-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear - the program I am on now, was for 5 weeks, for 10 lbs and included the bars. So the next program they are trying to sell me is different, but I don't see why I can't just buy weeks like everyone else.

Sheila

deetsmom
01-18-2006, 08:56 PM
strange. I guess every center is different. Personally, armed with the info you have acquired and the support here, I totally wouldnt pay for more...you can get the lites on ebay or use the comprables people talk about. Good luck!

slecompte
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks, that is what I was thinking, I mean $249 more for 5 lbs seems steep. Of course I could lose more, but I honestly don't think I could ever get below 135. I also have the info for the green plan if I decide I need to try that, but...like you said I can get the bars and do it.

I am really working out now so I am hoping that helps a bunch, I just started in the past week so I am hoping I notice more results soon. I was 142 at weigh tonight, so I hope it is less for Sat morning before any food!

Sheila

deetsmom
01-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Yea, I mean, Id sell you my green plan for $239- ;) LOL!!!! Just kidding! All you would do is take off a fruit and a veg, its the same every other way....and I guess, the trick would also be stabilization and maintennance, where the food choices and amounts get gradually increased to help you stay with this lifestyle on a long term basis...thats going to be the interesting part...thats probably why the $249...a year of maintennance and 6wk stabilization, right?

slecompte
01-18-2006, 09:39 PM
No, from what they said and the paper showed, it was anywhere from 0 to 20 lbs to lose and then 6 weeks of stabilization.

What all changes during maintenance, I mean I know you add food, but what is their method for it?

deetsmom
01-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Dunno...havent gotten there yet, they tell me lots of other food choices are integrated.

thnknthn
01-18-2006, 10:32 PM
I dont know if this is good or not but I have a copy of all the stabilizations and diets. I recieved them from a friend. :ziplip: If I can help any one with these let me know. Just so you know though I am still going to LAWL and I purchased the bars from a friend also.

SO let me know if it would help anyone.

Thanks Bernadette

slecompte
01-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks Bernadette for the info, I will PM you. Funny thing is, I don't want to quit going to the center, so I will wait and see how the next 2 weeks play out. If anything, i am in between 2 centers, I may talk to the other one and see what they say.

I would like to just look at the stabilization to see what it is so I have an idea before I say yes or no.

Thanks again!

Sheila

Gymgurl
01-19-2006, 07:14 AM
I dont know if this is good or not but I have a copy of all the stabilizations and diets. I recieved them from a friend. :ziplip: If I can help any one with these let me know. Just so you know though I am still going to LAWL and I purchased the bars from a friend also.

SO let me know if it would help anyone.

Thanks Bernadette

let me know if they give you freaking 3rd degree about who gave you the bars:devil: I hate that part of this program

emmysmom
01-19-2006, 08:44 AM
I would definitely not pay extra for the entire program to lose another 5 pounds! Hopefully the other center will work with you. I mean, you would think that the center would be happy to add a few weeks and some Lites rather than lose you all together. I'll ask my center tomorrow, just to see what their take is on it. It's actually kinda sad that the money is more important to them than you...just my 2 cents:)

slecompte
01-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks everyone! Emmysmom, I thought the same thing, I mean they are still going to get another $150 at least, but...I am going to the other center today to get some more ideas, I am kinda stalled at the moment, they have been more helpful then my normal one so I want to see what they say since I am getting close to the end.

I will update you on what they tell me, but still welcome any more info!

Sheila

textjewel
01-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Shelia - why don't you also check out the official LA Weightloss website and see if there's an internet special in your area? My zip is still showing 5$ weeks until, well oops, it says until 12/31/05 - interesting that it's not updated. But sometimes you can get specials on weeks.

Also check your contract as to what it says about purchasing additional weeks? They *have* to go by that.

Julie

slecompte
01-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Julie, that is what I was asking them about - their weeks are like $6 right now, so I was thinking to get 5 more and that is when they are like well you can't do that, but I know they told me upfront I could because I wanted to know what happened after the 5 weeks.

I briefly looked at my contract last night, have to reread it right now to see what it says.

Thanks!

Sheila

Chklithunder
01-19-2006, 10:40 AM
:crossed: Good Luck Sheila.

30lbsby22
01-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Sheila I dont get it. When I signed up for my program they said I would have the weight loss period then stabilization period and then the maintenance. And they said that if I stay within 5 lbs up or down of my goal weight that it was okay. They also said that if I check in once a week during the first 6 months of maintenance that I will get a quarter of my money back and if i keep it up for the second 6 months then I get another quarter back so I get back half my money and its okay if I lose an extra 5 lbs. Did your center tell you this? Because then if you are only looking to lose 5 more pounds I dont know why they would make you buy more weeks when its okay during maintenance to lose up to 5lbs more.

Gymgirl ~ My center is awesome they dont push the bars. Granted I told them that I couldnt have dairy so they told me I would just do Purple with no Lites. But I have noticed with other clients that they dont push any of the products on them. Even the supplements. They wanted me to buy fish oil and I told them I had some at home and they were like okay thats fine then use those. They are great!!

emmysmom
01-19-2006, 01:42 PM
30lbsby22...I think that Sheila's plan is different...she didn't purchase the entire program that included stabilization and maintenance. She just bought ten pounds worth of WL...am I right, Sheila?

slecompte
01-19-2006, 01:42 PM
30lbsby22 - I guess the program I got is totally different then most. It was basically just a 5 week weight loss program that did not include stabilization or maintenance.

I paid like $250, but that included everything, TO and bars for the full 5 weeks.

So I went to the other center at lunch and they told me the same thing - basically I have to sign up for a "full" program to get stab & maint. They broke down what I paid already for bars, etc and that leaves $50 basically that I paid just for the weeks alone. So they said they would put that towards another program.

They gave me 2 options - one for $249 for up to 20 lbs to lose, but I can really only go to 133, so about 8 lbs from where I am now. (which is about 4 lbs from my goal for the 5 week program) and also includes 6 weeks stab.

Or I can do another program for $349 that includes getting to 133 and then stabilization and one year maint.

I sure did not want to spend another $300 more, plus bars, but I could see where the second option would be nice considering if DH and I are having another baby I will get pregnant this year hopefully so that time I have will be put on hold and then I can pick back up. I certainly want to lose the baby weight right away this time versus 2 1/2 years later.

I am sure DH is not going to be happy about $300 more, but what do I do? I am afraid I wuit them cold turkey right after 5 weeks and start adding things back in myself and I will gain right back. What would any of you do?

Sheila

slecompte
01-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Yes, emmysmom, you are corrrect, I didn't get all of that to begin with...and should have asked more questions. I did ask something along "So after I do my 5 weeks and want to lose more, I can purchase more weeks?" Yes, they said, but of course that can be meant in different ways right! So my fault too for not being more specific.

emmysmom
01-19-2006, 01:48 PM
If I were in your shoes, I would do the $349. My reasoning is because you mentioned having another baby. Putting the program on hold and going back after the baby is born is a wonderful plan...that way you're pretty much covered rather than having to worry about it later. And you'll be motivated to lose that baby weight right away. Plus you'll get to lose those extra 5 pounds now...so that's my vote.

lagirl2254
01-19-2006, 02:16 PM
I think you need to read your contract. I'm a counselor and know that the policies and Service Agreements vary by franchise but with the specials like those in our centers they have no mant. or stab. and to get renewal weeks you do have to be on a full service program. Also, talking to the manager will help; sometimes they see the things like losing a client is worse than bending the rules.

thnknthn
01-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Gymgurl- :nono: They cant make me tell, that is my dirty lil' secret.:rofl:

If it works for them who cares where the bars or info comes from lets just get this fat off!!

Bernadette

shennie_97
01-19-2006, 02:39 PM
shelia, you should also talk to the cod about if you can buy WL weeks in the middle of maintenance because by the time you go on hold, you will probably be in maintenance and not WL.

good luck

slecompte
01-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Shennie,

You are correct, I would have to buy more WL weeks after I had a baby to lose whatever I wanted and then go back to my maint. I did verify that since I wasn't so clear when I signed up!

Sheila