Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-18-2006, 05:25 PM   #1  
doinitin2006

S/C/G: 202/157.2/132

Height: 5'6"

Default are you glad you did???

I'm seeing my Dr on the 30th to ask about a tummy tuck and to see if it's for me. I just wanted to know...
Those of you who have had a TT are you glad you did it?? Would you do it again knowing what you know now?? Any advise or 'food for thought' as I contemplate the choices? All input would be appreciated. TIA L
doinitin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #2  
Meg

It's been three years since I had my lower body lift. Absolutely no regrets -- I'd do it again in a heartbeat. My scars are almost invisible now and everything is tight and flat.

Have you checked out our Weight Loss And Skin FAQs thread? A number of us posted there about our personal experiences.

Please come back and tell us about your appointment!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:05 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitin2006
Those of you who have had a TT are you glad you did it?? Would you do it again knowing what you know now??
Yes and yes! Most emphatically!!

(actually I did a TON of research beforehand so it's not like I know any more now than what I knew then...)

(like Meg said, check out the loose skin thread... )

Been over 2 years for me and still happy!
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:47 PM   #4  

I had a lower body lift done Sept 2004. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I look so good in tight jeans (the Doctor also injected some of my tummy fat onto my butt).

When people find out how much weight I lost, they always ask me how I got my tummy so flat. So I just tell them I had a tummy tuck and give them my plastic surgeons name.

It is a bit painful, but worth every ouch.

Chris
tucsonchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:09 PM   #5  
doinitin2006

S/C/G: 202/157.2/132

Height: 5'6"

Thanks guys, I'm wobbling on whether it's practical or if I'm being selfish by using/wasting the $$ etc. I have to get my head together before my appt on the 30th!!!
doinitin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:09 PM   #6  

No regrets here either! it is a bit sore afterward for awhile, but worth every second of discomfort. I love, love, love wearing low waisted jeans with the shirt tucked in. Imagine! Tucked in! Whoo-eee.
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote