Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #1  

Default Getting In Water...

since i started two weeks ago (at home), i have been getting in my 8 glasses of water everyday.
the only problem is that the majority of it is between 5 and bedtime. so i am going to the bathroom non-stop till bedtime. i know that's not the point of drinking the water to drink it only from 5 on. so during the day, besides making a point to drink more water, do my 3 cups of coffee (caffienated) count, and my liter of clear american water (flavored water from walmart) count?

thanks so much.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:26 PM   #2  
banned

not sure bout that water stuff but anything caffeinated does not count
Old 01-18-2006, 06:50 PM   #3  

So tell us, why starting the water so late in the day? Are you working or does the day just get away from you?

I start mine some days at 8 am and others I don't get started till 1 pm. I hear you about the bathroom. Even drinking and getting it done by 4 or 5 makes for a difficult night.

There is alot to balance and schedule. It gets better with time. I finished my water at 3:30 today and hope to have a full nights sleep. Guess we'll see how it turns out.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #4  
Halley

Hi, Chicagoposter! I know getting in that water is hard a hard thing to do. And the up all night running to the bathroom thing? Not fun at all! I think, (and I may be wrong) that the flavored water counts aslong as it doesn't contain caffeine or any sugars. I add either fresh lemon or lemon and lime juice to all of the water I drink. I even have lemon and lime juice in the refrigerator at work! I've only been on WW since 10/30/05 and this has helped me get in the required amount of water since day 1! Of course, I got Invisalign (the clear plastic braces) a week before Christmas and was forbidden to drink anything other than water without removing them first. So, I really haven't had much of a choice since then. But, I thought I read somewhere (in the WW literature) that diet soda and other no-cal beverages counted as well. I'm not sure this if this is correct. I don't count anything other than water as water, myself.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #5  

I always have a bottle of water with me. In my car, I have a case for easy access. I find carrying it around makes me more aware of drinking it during the day. Try and replace your other beverages with a bottle of water and over time you won't even miss them. I only drink water now. While every one is different carrying it around, really works for me.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Coffee and tea don't count as coffee unless they are decaf but your bottled
water does.

I drink water at work using the staff Brita filter jug and I add some sliced lemon or some crystal light for flavour.

I was having problems because I drank most of my water at night - I kept getting up in the middle of the night. I tried drinking more water in the morning and throughout the day an stopped around 7 or 8 pm - that seemed to do the trick.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:39 PM   #7  

Default water water water

i hate water.... but i do drink my 8 glasses make myself drink a glass before i eat anything everytime. i find this helps. even if i want some carrots, i must drink my water it does work...or at least if has in the past for me. if you stick to it. i am back to ww have to lose 18 lbs to get back to my lowest weight and 40 to get to goal can't do it without my water. keep it up it works
Closed Thread