Weight Loss Support - Different Times of Day

View Full Version : Different Times of Day

sh3l5
01-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Why do we weigh more at different times of the day. For example I can get up in the morning and be heavier than I am half way through the day! How crazy is that!!!

When is the best time to weigh yourself and how often?

rysmommy
01-18-2006, 04:26 PM
I've noticed the best time to weigh myself is first thing in the morning after i go potty and before i get in the shower so buck nakey! and only once a week so i don't get mad.

LLV
01-18-2006, 06:48 PM
In the morning, after bathroom and undressed (or just a t-shirt on) and once a week.

Never never never never never never weigh yourself more than once a day.

That's my rule, anyway.

annk
01-18-2006, 09:20 PM
I think as long as you weigh yourself at the same time everyday (or every week, month, whatever) you'll start to see some consistency. You will weigh about a kilo more (2.2 pounds) in the evening versus in the morning; you'll also weigh more after a workout as your muscles retain water.

You'll find a lot of discussion on these boards about how often you should weigh yourself; everyone seems to be different! Personally, I only weigh once a week. Others enjoy weighing everyday to get to know their body's fluctuations. And it seems the medical community goes back and forth on which is the best for weight loss: everyday or every week? Just find what you're comfortable with and don't worry about day-to-day fluctuations, if that's the route you choose to go: they're normal!

Ann :)