Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #1  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

Default just found out i'm pregnant

my big question is will be safe to maintain the pts i'm at now on weight watchers and then increase my pts or what shoudl I do i gained 108lbs with my first pregnancy so myself and my crazy parents are making me nuts already bout my weight. I'm 30 this will be baby #2 for us i'm due in sept. any help would be really appreciated. I am on cloud nine but, already feeling the pressure bout weight gain from the family.

angie
huntersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:40 AM   #2  

Congratulations!! I think there is a special section on pregnancy and breastfeeding in the weight watchers manual.
robbirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:43 AM   #3  
huntersmommy

thanks i know there was one on bf where my mom told me i could sit at 30 pts after the 3rd month for the entire pg and be safe with the gain not getting excessive. but, that was the pt recommendation for the weight i'm at for bf mom so i'm not sure. i have never seen anything in the book about weight watchers and pg. thinking bout going to my meeting next week and asking the instructor not sure if they will frown on me coming and asking that or not worth a try to help keep myself and baby healthy.
angie
Old 01-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations!!! I don't think they have a points system for PG women, just for B/F women. It's been a while since I've done WW though.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:54 PM   #5  
huntersmommy

i emailed weight watchers and they no longer have a pts program for pregnant women feels its a special time and a woman needs to be monitored by her primary care giver. so that answers that question. i will just really watch my eating and eat healthy i have learned alot over the past 2 years bout eating properly i tink that is why i am pregnant on my own without fertility drugs this time
angie
Old 01-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #6  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I was still attending WW at the beginning but as of 17 weeks, I haven't gained any. I no longer count points or go to meetings cause the doc wants me to gain SOMETHING, but old habits die hard. If you eat smaller portions and eat every 3-4 hours, all should be good.
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:27 AM   #7  
resident lactivist

What you have learned about proper nutrition in Weight Watchers will certainly carry you through your pregnancy well. But the bottom line about WW is that it is a diet. It is pretty severe calorie restriction, which just isn't the sort of thing you need to be doing while you're pregnant. You won't hurt one single thing by eating the way WW has taught you, just practice eating to hunger.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #8  
Just Keep Swimming

Eat healthy foods when you're hungry, stop when you're full, move your body and don't worry about the number of pounds you gain. Don't forget to eat enough protein and good fats. You'll be fine
zebrabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

Everyone has already given you great advice, but I wanted to post and say Congrats on your new little bun in the oven! The ladies around here are great for support.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote