100 lb. Club - Dilemma about Green Tea

View Full Version : Dilemma about Green Tea

frenchiepolarbear
01-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I am stuck in a middle of a dilemma here.:?:

Iíve red somewhere that Green Tea may have the ability to increase metabolism, and therefore help burn calories faster. Since Iíve been stuck on a plateau for a few months; I thought it may be a solution.

However, I also red that Green Tea may also increase blood pressure. Since my blood pressure tends to be a little above normal specs; I am not sure what to do with thisÖ.

Any comments?

suzisonthemovetolose
01-18-2006, 11:51 AM
I adore green tea and drink it as an alternative to coffee in the mornings. I've read about the metabolism boost but not about raising blood pressure. I don't know if the metabolism boost has been working, but I did lose 7 pounds this week - so perhaps it is!

I found this webpage http://vanderbiltowc.wellsource.com/dh/content.asp?ID=1688 which says that green tea actually reduces blood pressure.

FS72
01-18-2006, 12:14 PM
I love green tea and drink it a lot. Everything I have read has been positive for the effects of green tea on the body including lowering not raising blood pressure. Not to mention helping with tooth decay, preventing many cancers, lowering Cholesterol and a lot more. The catechins are even said to help with fat burning *grin* and who couldnt use that lol.

Might just speak to your doctor and see what he/she says about it. They wont tell you its a cure but would be interesting to see if they tell you not to drink it.

Felicia

SuchAPrettyFace
01-18-2006, 12:18 PM
The doctor in charge of the study I am doing won't let me have it. Too much caffeine.

I used to drink 2-4 cups per day & did see a difference in weight loss. But I was exercising & watching the eats, too. ;)

funniegrrl
01-18-2006, 12:43 PM
There is decaf green tea.

frenchiepolarbear
01-18-2006, 01:10 PM
@Suzie

I made a quick search after reading your reply and it seems that you are right. I don't know why the article i first red said the opposite......

Anyways, i have my annuel checkup next month and I'll ask my doctor....

Sheila53
01-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Does decaf green tea have the same benefits as regular green tea?