WW Clubs and Groups - Labor Day Challenge!!!

View Full Version : Labor Day Challenge!!!

Jen-L
07-12-2001, 11:18 AM
Hey Everyone. Are you up for a labor day challenge?? If you want, we can post losses every week and I can tally them, we can just do a final loss let me know! Also, lets post our goals!! GOOOD LUCK!!!

Jen-L
07-12-2001, 11:20 AM
OK, here are my goals....

I really want to lose 15 pounds by then. I WI on Saturday and that will be my start weight!

Also, I want to cook more. I get so busy with summer that I don't get a chance to cook as often!

Exercise at least 4 times a week!!

KO
07-12-2001, 01:07 PM
Jen I'm so ready for this i do my real weigh in on tuesday and my goal is for a modest 10 and to guzzle water like theirs no tommorrow
;) gotta run Errands bbl

TonyaLyn
07-12-2001, 01:37 PM
I am so joining this one!!!! I need a goal!!!

My goal is to be between 132-135 by Labor Day. So, that is between 10-13 pounds away.

I am here for you girls! We can all do this!! :) :)

Anyone interested in posting their daily journals on this thread to keep us in line???

kimobi
07-12-2001, 04:04 PM
My goal is to get under 170 by Labor Day, so let's say I want to lose 15 lbs. That would put me at 168.8

Galadriel
07-12-2001, 04:24 PM
I really don't have a # goal. I just joined WW about 3 weeks ago and am still working on that 10% challenge. So I guess if I have a # goal it's to reach that weight. I'm MUCH more concerned with how I look than a number on the scale.

My goals for the labour day long weekend:
1. for exercise to have become as second nature as brushing my teeth.

2. to become less obsessed with what I eat. I swear I analyze every morsel of food that passes my lips.

3. to have found at least one alternate method of stress reduction than eating chocolate!

4. I don't have much control over this one but I really really want my bladder to adjust to the increased intake of water. I'm tired of having to pee every 40 minutes!

5. to be happy with how I look in jeans.

Jen-L
07-12-2001, 05:18 PM
OK, since I started this challenge (idea from Keirie...) I am going to do this. Every Monday I will start a new thread to post how we are doing for the week. If anyone wants to post their losses, I will keep track and post our progress. We can post daily food journals, whatever to keep us motivated. We will use this thread until Monday when I will start a new one! How does that sound????

Jen-L
07-12-2001, 06:41 PM
To those non US-ers who don't celebrate Labor Day... it's September 3 this year. So join in!!!

KO
07-12-2001, 07:31 PM
Peachy Keen
I like the idea of an honest ahem cough cough Journal
b/c we all or at least i do fudge a bit I have to get a new scale mines stuck at 190 not that im complaining ;)

wenwella
07-12-2001, 10:44 PM
Hi Gals. . i've been lurking on your 20's club for awhile. .

Can anyone join in this challenge?

Guess I should introduce myself first, my name is Dani. . and I live in Ontario. . I started WW (on my own. . . no time for meetings ect. . ) on March first, since then I'm down 41 pounds. . just got back from vacation and I think I'm up 2 pounds. . but hopefully it'll shed quickly. . my goal is to lose 15 more by Labour day.

Dani

melhoward
07-12-2001, 11:14 PM
I too would love to join this thread. I have some generic goals for Labor Day but an actual weight goal would be to be down 14 pounds. That is about 2 a week. I am now on WW week 5 and I have lost 16 so far. That would give me a total of 30 pounds and I would also reach my first target weight. I would really love that. I will do what I can to reach that goal. My weigh in was last night so I will start from there.

Good luck to all!
:) Melissa

Jen-L
07-13-2001, 10:11 AM
Yah... The lurkers are finally coming out! Who would have thunk it would take a challenge to get you out! WELCOME!!!! I will do my best to keep all the goals and losses tabulated!!!

Janet R
07-13-2001, 10:36 AM
Ok, this is gonna take all the strength in me, but I would like to lose 12 pounds by Labor Day. That should put me at 165 (yes, I need to update my siggie). Sadly, that was my STARTING weight last time I did WW. :(

I would also like to incorporate water into my daily routine. I'm horrible about drinking it presently.

Going to go get a cup of water now....

JKarr
07-13-2001, 10:50 AM
Count me in!! I would love to lose the 10 pounds I have gained in the past 8 months so I will make that my goal!

I am running a 3.5 mile race in August so I also need to keep running on a regular basis.

Let's hope this keeps us all motivated!

Jen
180/160/150

Trish O
07-13-2001, 11:00 AM
First, welcome to all the lurkers. Come on over to the daily thread as well, we would love to get ot know you better.

Ok, being that I am PG, I am not going to lose weight. However, I am gaining too quickly I think. I put on about 13# already...and I am only 15 weeks. So anyway, I would like to make my challenge to be

1) to journal my food to be within my 35-40 point range I set

2) drink my milk...blah

3) I need to get more variety in my diet on veggies to get more nutrition!

4) Need to stop eating so much junk food...aka Mc Donald's Breakfast.

5) I need to buy a scale and weigh myself weekly so that when I go to the dr. it is not some huge shot in the dark as to how much I gained.

Ok, I think that is it. No numbers for you all but a lot of journaling I hope.

Trish

Belle2000
07-13-2001, 12:07 PM
We get three long weekends in the summer, July 1, August 6 and Labour Day. But we spell it differently! :lol:

I'll join the challenge....

1. Numeric Goal:12 lbs down (1.6/week)
2. Drink Water
3. Journal all week (including weekends...I am so bad for that!!)

It IS funny how lurkers join when there's a challenge....the more the merrier! Come visit the daily thread (I always think of the Lord's Prayer - give us this day our daily thread...hee hee hee)

B

Belle2000
07-13-2001, 12:08 PM
Trish - b/f is McDonalds' Junkie so we eat the breakfasts about 3x/month! I have the egg mcmuffin, hashbrowns and coffee.....what do you have??

I get bad tummy pains from it though...oh well!

KHenry
07-13-2001, 12:09 PM
Hey, everybody!

I'd like to join in this one too. My name is Kristen, I'm from NJ. I've been on WW for 9 weeks so far. I'm going to make my labor day goals: lose 14 more pounds (this will get me to goal) and keep on exercising. I've started setting fitness goals for myself, now that I'm so much healthier -- I'd like to learn to swim, jog/run a marathon, etc. For right now I'd like to focus on the exercise and the extra #s.

Thanks for letting me join the party!

MomtoMaya
07-14-2001, 10:17 PM
Hi all,

Hope you don't mind another newbie. I am 26 years old and from CA. I joined WW at the end of May, and I have have lost about 7 lbs. However, I have taken a two week break due to vacationing. I am back on track now and would love to go up for a challenge.

Currently, I am 165 lbs. and would love to be down to 150 by Sept. 3rd. So put me down for a 15 lb goal.

Thanks,
Rebekah

Flaky One
07-15-2001, 01:40 PM
I wanted to get my info in before a new thread gets started tomorrow. Jen that was a great idea to start fresh every week and keep track of the combined losses!!!

GOALS:

To be down 15# or at least 1 dress size!!!(I am in a wedding on the 14th!!)

Drink my water EVERYDAY!!!!

Try to do "something" activity wise everyday for at least 10 min......this should be obtainable!!!!

I was down 2.2# this week!!!!

Good Luck everyone

:D :D :D :D :D

Steph

TOheads
07-17-2001, 03:06 PM
Count me in on this one guys! I used to come here all the time under the handle "HeadsUp" but I can't remember my password, and the e-mail address I used when I registered no longer works, so I can't get back in under my original handle. So, here I am again, new name, new motivation, new goals.

I joined WW 3 weeks ago (I go for my 3rd WI this Thursday). I have 11.6 lbs. to go to reach my 10% goal so I think I'd like to set my sights higher, and aim for 14 lbs. by Labour Day.

Have a great day everyone!

TOheads

188.6/182/139 :wave: