Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/135/125

Height: 5'4"

Angry Needing some support and butt-kicking!

hey all, I haven't posted here in a while though I am emailing with a buddy and I have been lurking.

Anyway... I really need some support and encouragement. I know what I have to do to get these 15 lbs off, I think I'm just procrastinating because it doesn't feel like THAT much weight. I know I'd feel a lot better, especially when summer rolls around if I lost it though!

i feel so LAZY when I see people on this site have lost 30, 50, 100+ pounds and I can't even motivate myself to make the changes needed to lose 15 by the summer.

My plan is basically three things: 1/ making healthy, whole-food choices and not overdoing it, 2/exercising-- a combo of the 45-min. fat burning workout video and jogging, and 3/cutting back on the social drinking-- empty calories!

PLEASE KICK MY BUTT!!!!
blue_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:28 PM   #2  

OH YEAH.... I know my plan probably sounds good. It is, problem is i'm not doing it.

I haven't done any "intentional exercise" for about 2 months (!!!!!) aside from 2-day spurts of jogging.

i've been eating waaaay more then I need to also.

any motivation is VERY welcome
Old 01-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #3  
Running Wild

well if summer isnt enough of a motivation!!! plus remember that they say every 10 lbs lost greatly improves your health and your lifespan!

not sure how to motivate over and above that! i dont even pay attn to what other people have lost at all on here, i just know how I FEEL when I do what I should be doing.

and i am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU on the empty calories (social drinking). i use to drink a couple of times a week (several beers each time) and i cut that out months ago.

the thing is now i cant hardly stand to be around my friends when we go out because they drink like fishes and are drunk = obnoxious...so i stay home alot more.
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #4  

Let me tell you, I miss my alcohol. But I have lost a lot by giving it up. I am going to save the drinks for special occasions, keeping in mind I will be that much slimmer for everyone to see!!!
chrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I cant wait to be the size I want to be. I am hoping to achieve it before the summer (May time). If i do I am going to have such an amazing summer - it will be fantastic.

I am currently running for an hour a day, when I feel confident enough to get into a swimming costume then I shall go swimming. I lost 2lbs in the last week, altho some say its ideal I was hoping for more. I just hope when I reach my ideal weight and am less intensive with the exercise I wont just pile the pounds straight back on.
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #6  

YAYYYY thanks everyone! we can do it together!