Weight Loss Support - Challenge ... a nearly perfect day

srmb60
01-17-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm home alone today and it's freezing rain here today. I have nothing special planned. So I'm going to try for a nearly perfect day.
I find that if I have one really good day, I seem to be bolstered and willing to try to repeat it. Too often, I look back on my day from the next day and think ... hmmm, I could have done that better.
Today, I'm going to start at the beginning and plan my way through.
Anyone game?

Here's my plan .... between 1200 and 1300 cals
40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fats.
45 minutes cardio
45 minutes weights ... legs for me

Are you game? What's your plan?

2frustrated
01-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Well my day's almost wrapping up and it's been almost perfect so far!

120g or more protein
25-30% fat, rest carbos

do kickboxing class with vigour,

don't fall asleep on motorbike!

So far I've managed clean eating (just 1 piece of wholegrain bread which was YUMMY) and a mini creme egg (that's the almost... but for 50cals I'm NOT going to worry! :lol: )

I have a bag of Doritos on my desk that are taunting me with the cool blue packaging. However I am not giving in! I did buy them in a moment of weakness, but it turns out I just needed the short walk to the shop to perk me up, not a bag full of processed corn!

I'll report back tomorrow to see if I manage my "almost perfect" day! Good luck Susan!

srmb60
01-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey, 2frus! Sounds like an awesome day. But I can't eat just one creme egg!

2frustrated
01-17-2006, 11:50 AM
:eek: More than one creme egg! :eek: I think I'd be sick! Actually, scrap that, I remember eating 6 in a day, but that was a LONG time ago! **** and it was only a mini one today... and it was the last one in the packet, so I guess I might've eaten more than one if I'd had any! :rofl:

Good luck with your perfect day :cp:

LynneA
01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Well, I accomplished something today already! It's horrible rain here too today and I didn't fancy the soup I brought for lunch so I ordered out for salad. When ordering, I didn't order the usual sweet tea and potato chips or the blue cheese dressing, instead I opted for fat free Italian.

That might not sound too grand but it took an awful lot of willpower to not order my usual dressing or the extra order of shredded cheese and bacon bits I used to get with my salad. I simply bit my tongue and reminded myself that I need to think healthy aswell as eat healthy.

My day will be "perfect" if I manage to get through the gym and a healthy meal at home tonight. I've got low fat chilli in the fridge, I'm going to have that with some steamed green beans.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Is there a nearly perfect day?????? I always mess it up some how.

Like now I had my toast for breakfast and drink my milk...had my special K bar for my snack at 9...Now I sit here eating the best Subway has to offer..a bacon chicken ranch.....I have it on wheat bread and I only have the 6' so thats ok but I know the ranch dressing is so wrong.....I am also tring so hard to talk myself out of todays walk....I know I will go but I dont want to...

If you find a way to have the perfect day let me know

Leigh

JustJuneBug
01-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Well every day I try to stay about 1200 calories. So far so good. And today is scheduled for a 4mile pace run...with 1 mile walking at the end.

Breakfast was: 3/4 cup oatmeal and i sprinkled cinnamon in there along with Sweet and Low; 1 banana

Snack was: handful (small handful) of mix nuts

Lunch is (now eating it): piece of baked chicken, probably about 2.5 oz, maybe 3; whole wheat penne pasta with some salmon in there, along with cherry tomatoes and some spinach

I have an apple for a snack, but the lady on this floor that fills the snack jars put out peanut m&ms today...STEP AWAY FROM THE PEANUT M&M's...

for dinner (made last night), I made my favorite dish ever! the spinach/mushroom/chicken enchiladas (from the 3chicks recipes)...i have been making these for about 1.5 years now and ALL my friends have the recipe now...i need to get the nutritional info and put it into fitday...

srmb60
01-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Follow along Leigh, we're doing good so far. Right Lynne?
I rowed for 50 minutes
I'm going to have no fat cottage cheese, veggies and a salad for lunch.
Then I'm going to do legs.
I'll update my fitday after Cold Case Files :)

Oh I missed you Junebug. Sounds good. Wish I had some cherry tomatoes mmmm.

JustJuneBug
01-17-2006, 01:09 PM
I got this fabulous recipe off of a running board that i just recently joined. its a great carb/protein recipe and i made it on saturday so i could carb/protein up for the race on sunday. it called for the cherry tomatoes and i was VERY happy about that! i love them too!!

i cant stop thinking about those m&m's...i know for 10 of them its 100 calories....

JustJuneBug
01-17-2006, 01:19 PM
well i found the info and put it into fitday. if i eat everything just as it is on there right now, i will finish the day at 1090 cal 51% carbs; 26% protein and 23% fat (but low on the bad fat!)....i have a feeling though i might give in to either those m&m's or can i possibly make it till after dinner for a healthy choice fudgcicle???

LynneA
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
We're doing great :) I'll update next probably this evening after American Idol, my biggest guilty pleasure is back tonight yay!

JustJuneBug, in your last post you mentioned fudgesicles, I forgot I had some low fat ones in my fridge so might treat myself to one tonight.

Leigh, I try to make every day go as much to my "plan" as I can, the more I stick to it the more perfect it is for me.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Well I did it...just got back from my walk...it was a real workout today we had to walk against the wind. Boy are my bunns burnin now...lol I will have my other snack bar in a few and will eat only one hambuger with whole wheat bread tonight for supper.. I do my fit day every night I get my total for the day and plan my next day. I keep a note book with me at all time to jot down how much water and food I eat that way I cant forget anything...:D

JustJuneBug
01-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Its really windy here too, but I am running in the gym tonight. And those healthy choice ones are da bomb :) Also last time I was at the grocer I picked up the Dreyers fruit/yogurty ones, they are light, and oh so delish!

i was just reading my Shape mag for the month and there in front of my eyes it says: 15-20% from lean proteins, 55-60% from (good carbs) and 20-30% fat (good fat)....so having seen this here and in the magazine, I feel good about my choices of late and that i AM doing the right thing afterall!!!!!!!!!

Lynne i love AI as well, but not in the beginning when its all audition stuff! i would prob watch tonight but I have so much Tivo to catch up on!!!

jillybean720
01-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Well, I WAS doing perfectly--then my co-worker gave me a thank you "gift" that included a little box of Whitman's chocolates :o It only has 4 chocolates, and I ate them all, so 220 unanticipated calories. I skipped the pineapple I had packed to help compensate, though, so I think I'll still be able to stay below 1800 for the day :^: 30% fat, 31% protein, and 39% carbs--got in at least 9 servings of water just during office hours, so plenty of water, too :)

The food is my biggest challenge right now. Once I've got that under control, I will work on exercise.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Please! Please! dont say Whitman"s in front of me I beggggggggg you!!!

Ok now thats over whats the best way to get more Protein...What do I eat?

Leigh

JustJuneBug
01-17-2006, 02:33 PM
eat more chicken, turkey etc..and i know protein bars and shakes but i am not a huge advocate of those!!

jillybean720
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
I get a lot of protein from peanut butter (all-natural...only ingredient is peanuts, so no sodium, no sugar, and no hydrogenated oils). You could also try some nuts--they say almonds are really good for you, but be careful because an actual serving size of nuts isn't very big :devil:

srmb60
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
I love to talk about protein! Tuna, no fat cottage cheese, egg whites, lean chicken, fish, protein powder ....

I like AI too. I didn't know that it started tonight!

Leigh, burning buns are good!

Jilly, just think ... even if you ate the chocolates today, we can do this again tomorrow and you can be even perfecter!

I did my legs with weights stuff for 45 minutes. So far my food is 447 calories. 42% protein/40% carbs/18% fats.

My next snack will be tuna with onion and ultra low fat Miracle Whip and probably more vegetables.

jillybean720
01-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Jilly, just think ... even if you ate the chocolates today, we can do this again tomorrow and you can be even perfecter!
haha, yes, I will strive to be even perfecter :D

I already set my DVR to record AI tonight just in case I am busy or fall asleep or whatever--can't miss the horrible auditions episodes!!

chick_in_the_hat
01-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Ok now thats over whats the best way to get more Protein...What do I eat?Leigh

cottage cheese, protein powder sprinkled on almost anything...lean meats...the ladies who lift forum (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18797) has some good recipes..adkins or zone forums might as well - but you have to watch caloie counts on adkins recipes.

lizzbabe
01-17-2006, 03:22 PM
I love the perfect day phenomenon...MUCH better than the crappy day that turns into one after another. Yesterday I had the day off for MLK Day and did so good with eating every 3 hours and got a balance of 56% carbs, 22% protein and 21% fat, which was pretty good. So far today I have been doing well--ate 2 cups of homemade turkey soup for lunch to finish off the pot so I am too full for the protein pudding I was "supposed" to have. Oh well so far today I am at 711 cals and 56% carbs, 23% protein and 21% fat and holding steady.

Good luck on YOUR perfect day!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Ok ladies ty for the info!!!!! I will be adding this to my diet...Whats a good % to have a day? I dont mean to be a pest....lol

JustJuneBug
01-17-2006, 04:07 PM
15-20% i believe...heck i just typed it somewhere else and now i cant remember...

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-17-2006, 04:18 PM
I just went and looked 15% to 34% in the last few day. I will be keeping a eye on that from now on.....See a old dog can learn a new trick....lol

JustJuneBug
01-17-2006, 04:57 PM
yeah. i learned it too! forever i thought my protein should be more than my carbs..but even without knowing all this right stuff, i somehow managed to get it all right for over a week now!

srmb60
01-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Oh my goodness, my power went out. I was lost! So much for my perfect day! But I'm still good. I had my tuna snack and am at 650 cals. 47% protein, 37% carb, 16% fats.

Gotta go watch my chicken.

This is fun isn't it?

srmb60
01-17-2006, 06:53 PM
So I cooked my boneless skinless chicken breasts in the wood stove! Little crispy around the edges :)
I'm at 912 cals 48% 35% 17% ... I had planned two little snacks but we'll see.

racegirl78
01-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Well, I got only 1230 calories today, but as I looked over my food intake, I am ashamed to say not a single fruit or veggie. All is not lost, however, I still have 100 or so calories left before bed.
Can't complain though, as I had fast food the last 2 days in a row.

annk
01-17-2006, 08:57 PM
My almost perfect day would consist of just getting back on the horse! I had a bad last few days food-wise and am having a hard time getting back on plan. The first day is always the hardest, innit?! So, if I can just get back OP today, I will feel like I've really accomplished something!

Wish me luck!

Ann :)

2frustrated
01-18-2006, 03:51 AM
:wave: Yesterday was "almost" perfect (for reasons stated earlier!) I didn't manage to do quite as much kickboxing as I'd hoped since I was teaching rather than doing the class. I got home and practised on DF! :lol:

Today should be a "perfect" day with TONS of protein, but I need to squeeze in some veggies and I'll probably be munching on some apples. I just have to get myself out for a run and stay awake long enough to do weights and ironing!

We can do this ladies, one day at a time, one meal at a time, we will get there!

JustJuneBug
01-18-2006, 08:30 AM
i didnt succumb to the m&m's OR the HC Fudgcicle. I ran for 53 minutes straight (trying to increase my endurance) and then walked the last 7.

Yesterday WAS a perfect day for me!!

jillybean720
01-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Despite the chocolates, I stayed below my 1800 calorie limit yesterday :carrot: Also, when I was visiting my sister over the weekend, she gave me a little counter-top scale for food (I'd never had one before), so I actually measured my chicken for dinner last night. I had been putting like 300+ calories of chicken in my Fitday, but according the the scale and the label, I usually have less than 150 calories worth of chicken! That means I even over-estimated my calories yesterday and was WELL below 1800 calories :D

Here's hoping for another nearly perfect day today!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Well untill I can get to the store I will not have a good day...I dont have any more good stuff to eat. I did stay under 1700 on my cals yesterday...I hope I can do well today I will check in later to let yall know wish me luck..

2frustrated
01-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Hmm lunchtime has been and gone and I haven't left my chair!

I meant to go for a run, but I was feeling soooo tired! I was trying to have a caffine-free day! Then I thought I'd walk to the shop and get some Pepsi Max, but then my friend came online and I have been chatting to her!

But I am feeling less tired now though and I didn't buy any cookies/cake/sweets at the shop, so that's better than I was feeling about an hour ago!

I will do my weights when I get home and even though I missed my run, I think my body needed a slight rest, so I won't beat myself up about it! So another "almost" perfect day again!

JustJuneBug
01-18-2006, 09:13 AM
today wont be perfect for me. reasons? because we have a meeting at lunch and they are bringing in boxed lunches. which means a sandwich (prob with white bread)....and not baked chips either! i might go downstairs to the deli and get a bag of baked doritos instead of eating whats in the box. that will help!

so far this morning, the usual: banana (small) and about 3/4 cup cooked oatmeal with some cinnamon sprinkled in there!

dinner is covered so i am good there! and today is my day off from scheduled exercise!!

LynneA
01-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Morning All :)

Well, my day yesterday wasn't perfect but it was close. I had chilli and baked fries for dinner with green beans and the chilli + fries was soooo good I had a second helping :o . Still, I managed to stay under 1600 cals yesterday even though I didn't make it to the gym.

I never got my fudgscicle either! I fell asleep on the couch after American Idol which was as cringeworthy as ever, that show is so bad it's good!

Going to aim for another good eating day today. Good luck everyone!

JustJuneBug
01-18-2006, 11:10 AM
i caught bits and pieces of AI after I caught up on some Tivo. Enough to know I wasnt missing much.

and i was like what tha?!?!? when they pushed that barefooted Dave through towards the end of the show. thats just ridiculous right there.

jillybean720
01-18-2006, 11:24 AM
and i was like what tha?!?!? when they pushed that barefooted Dave through towards the end of the show. thats just ridiculous right there.
HA, yeah...that's obviously strictly for entertainment value and had nothing to do with actual talent :dizzy:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Yea I watched the whole thing with friends of mine on yahoo...we had a blast talk about all of them...lol

srmb60
01-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Hey gals! I didn't get back to summarize last night, sorry.
1299 cals.
41% protein, 45% carbs, 14% fats
and I did what I meant to exercise wise.
It was really nearly perfect. I like this idea! It brings home to me how important planning is.

I meant to get up early this morning and start another thread for today but I got called in to work.

Can the first guy on in the morning do it? 2frus?

JustJuneBug
01-18-2006, 01:31 PM
just a suggestion, but if we do these daily, may want to put the date/day or something...otherwise we (meaning I) will get lost and confused...

srmb60
01-18-2006, 01:59 PM
And we could start tomorrow's today and have folks plan for it????

JustJuneBug
01-18-2006, 02:01 PM
cool!

on a side note does anyone know how many calories are in the jello snack cups that have the fruit in it? i bought one downstairs so i wouldnt eat the cookie that came with my boxed lunch...and i cant find it on the chicks calorie book or on jello site.

srmb60
01-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Is your name really June?

Have you tried here? http://www.kraftfoods.com/jello/main.aspx?s=&m=jlo_family_snacks

I'll go start that thread for tomorrow.

JustJuneBug
01-18-2006, 02:34 PM
yes it is. and yes i tried there.

i am just gonna go with like 25 cal

LynneA
01-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Well, today wasn't perfect lol. Went to lunch with the husband, ate thai, ate green chicken curry and fried shrimp for starter :(. Then bought a latte.

You see, I am in the grip of the latte monster. It has ahold of me and will not let go :dizzy: . It bites my leg and looks at me pleadingly. I used to have one every day, so far this past two weeks I've had two so that's not too bad I guess! My calories for today aren't awful but my fat g intake is too high and higher than my carbs so far.

I am definately up for doing this thread for each day and for planning, maybe we could "pledge" to ourselves what we are going to eat for the next day?

Better day tomorrow I hope!

JustJuneBug
01-18-2006, 04:51 PM
I am definately up for doing this thread for each day and for planning, maybe we could "pledge" to ourselves what we are going to eat for the next day?

Better day tomorrow I hope!

i am ALL for that!!! i havent had my white choc mocha/nofat/nowhip since Jan4th. i might just have to indulge in one this weekend maybe.

srmb60
01-18-2006, 04:52 PM
here's tomorrow's ....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73345

jillybean720
01-19-2006, 07:26 AM
So yesterday, I ended up adding a smoothie after dinner. Not bad stuff (skim milk, a banana, and frozen strawberries), but still more calories, so I ended up at about 2037 calories (per Fitday). Not horrible, but I'd really like to stay below 2000 (below 1800 if I can).

LynneA
01-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Today is going so far so good. Breakfast was almost what I had planned, had the special k but went with fresh raspberries instead of the frozen blueberries.

Fingers crossed the rest of the day will be good.

JustJuneBug
01-19-2006, 09:02 AM
i do believe my day yesterday ended up just over 1200 calories. i had just over a 1/4 of the HUGE oatmeal raisen cookie that was in our boxed lunch.

JustJuneBug
01-19-2006, 09:02 AM
i do believe my day yesterday ended up just over 1200 calories. i had just over a 1/4 of the HUGE oatmeal raisen cookie that was in our boxed lunch.