100 lb. Club - OT - diagnosis!

View Full Version : OT - diagnosis!

SwimGirl
01-17-2006, 03:50 AM
I finally got a diagnosis for this sickness thats been bothering me for over a month now! It's progressed to Tonsillitis. This is my first experience of such a thing, it's been... interestingly hard! I am SO relieved to finally have this all looked after.. and I will be starting antibiotics tomorrow. This is my first experience of antibiotics, so I'm hoping it'll go smoothly. I am so excited to be healthy again, to be able to swallow properly, to eat without throwing up... it's amazing how I've never realized how I take my normally great health for granted. Alright.. time for a happy dance! :carrot:

-Aimee

shedilbry
01-17-2006, 09:15 AM
your first time taking antibiotics huh? how have you managed that? LOL

i hope it works and that you are back to your normal healthy self in no time!

Charbar
01-17-2006, 09:43 AM
first time.. that's good.
I hope you feel better soon!

sabriena
01-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Wow... I've had to go on anitbiotics a million times (ok not a million but a bunch!) You must be one healthy person (normally)!

I hope you feel better soon!

FS72
01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Feel better soon!!

Felicia

barbygirl43
01-17-2006, 10:49 AM
I hope you will feel better soon Aimee.

Kamily828
01-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Get well soon!

DishyFishy
01-17-2006, 11:52 AM
:crossed: for a speedy recovery, Aimee. :goodvibes:

Sandi
01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
You must be a VERY healthy person. I have been on antibiotics a ton of times.

Feel better soon! :hug:

famograham
01-17-2006, 03:39 PM
WEIRD!!!!!
You have Tonsilitis too???
Did you send it across the Straight to me? :lol:
I find it strange that both of us have/had it at the exact same time.
I'm on my last day of the amoxicillin and am feeling MUCH better!
Watch out for a gain though...I'd be curious to know if you have one too!

:hug:
Feel better Aimee!
xoxox
Linda

SwimGirl
01-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Linda, you sent ME tonsillitis?? I should come over there and kick your butt ;) But as you know... I'm so weak I can't really leave the house! I was given a different type of antibiotic, I will be curious if I'll have a gain as well. I would imagine I would gain a bit when I can start eating again.

What else do people take antibiotics for?

-Aimee

shedilbry
01-17-2006, 05:30 PM
i've been on antibiotics for strep throat, pnuemonia, bronchitis... and during my gall bladder stuff.

famograham
01-17-2006, 05:45 PM
:lol: Aimee!

People take antibiotics for any kind of bacterial infection..but they don't work on viral infections like colds and flu. It's amazing that you've never taken them before! You're a credit to the human race...no way you're contributing to drug resistant diseases!

Linda

Gardenwife
01-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Tonsillitis...Wow, never looked it up (http://www.webmd.com/hw/infection/ut1027.asp) before. I had no idea it did all that. Poor you! :hug:

SwimGirl
01-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Kimberley - it's nearly the most painful thing I've ever experienced... Cramps are pretty bad, but you know if you take a pain killer it'll help. I never realized it was so bad having this either, I resorted to taking prescription strength ibuprofen.. thank goodness I have it!

Shelly - wow, I feel for you, I couldn't handle this more than once! I once had bronchitis, but by the time I went to the doctor he said I was healing, so I didn't bother with antibiotics.

-Aimee

shedilbry
01-18-2006, 09:19 AM
aimee- i hardly ever get sick but when i do i'm sick for weeks. i was sick for the whole month of (this past) november with some kind of crud but i don't go to the doc anymore because the last one i went to was such an ***.

newfiedarling
01-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather. Antibiotics are wonderful things, especially if this is you're first time taking them. You'll be back in full force in to time at all.

~Dee