Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-16-2006, 04:17 PM   #1  

Default A New Beginning...

I just got back from a week in Florida and I need some serious damage control. I overindulged like never before and I can tell the difference everywhere, in my face, the way my clothes fit (or don't). Tomorrow I am joining a local gym and I stocked up on low-fat/calorie foods today from the grocery store. I just need to stay focused and keep my goals in sight. I will win over this battle of the bulge once and for all!!!!!! I just need some support from others going through the same thing. Hope everyone is doing well! See you lighter!

Amy
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:01 PM   #2  

I know what you mean. In September we left for a cruise, and I came back with 5 pounds as my souvenir! I was 8 months into my new healthy way of life, having lost 58 pounds, so I was upset with myself. In my past life I would have felt that I had utterly failed, and would have said 'forget it' at that point. But when you make that mental leap beyond the idea of 'dieting', into truly taking responsibility for your well-being, then it becomes no big deal. Even though I do still set goals for myself, I find that I don't rely on them as much as before. My way of dealing with this journey is to realize that life goes on. If my kid eats a donut for breakfast every once in a while in the truck on the way to school, she's gonna be okay. If I don't fold that load of clothes sitting on the couch tonight, the world's not gonna stop revolving. And if I have made a few bad eating choices, there's always tomorrow to do better. It's the long term that counts, you just have to convince yourself of that. Once you learn to forgive yourself of the minor eating indiscretions, you find that it's easier to get back on track!
lele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:06 PM   #3  

Wow! Your stats are awesome! Way to go! Seeing that kind of accomplishment really makes me want to achieve my goals. I know it will be hard work. I've lost weight in the past, it's just keeping it off that I have trouble with. I think once I start getting back in the swing of things I will feel better about things. I'm dreading my body fat analysis in the morning but I need a good wake up call. I'm too young to keep going on this path of destruction. I just need to take baby steps and applaud any small accomplishments.

Amy
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:14 PM   #4  

Hi !!
Don't fret too much, you should be proud of yourself for getting back on the wagon. It happens, holidays can be bad, but you are making a wonderful decision to get back on track now, instead of beating yourself up for another few weeks. Or months. EEllleek, I've done that, but not anymore.

I used to be really bad about falling off again and again, but something that turned me around, and changed my life, (I swear) was getting a diet buddy. (online) This forum is wonderfull, don't get me wrong, but when you have one person to talk with EVERY day, it really helps to stay on track. Not only becuase they are there for you, and support you, but because you have to be there for them. Its much harder to let someone else down, then let yourself down. Some days the only thing I would do is talk to my buddy. But she would lift me up, and when she was down I would do the same. It gives you a sense of empowerment to help someone else, and to me is healing.

I will warn you though it took a while for me to find a person that I was compatible with, and that was compatible with me as well. I had to search for a few weeks, but when I found her that was it !!

Oh crap, I will feel dumb if you already have a buddy, but if not, try it !! and if so, oh well at least maybe someone else will read this and be inspired.

Good luck to you, and congratulations for getting back here !!
lindystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:33 PM   #5  

The hardest part is finding a person to share my goals with. I have no support at work or home. So i am just going to grin and work the pounds off.
evierama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:20 AM   #6  

Where do I find a buddy?
Jen
noniesmom is offline   Reply With Quote