Old 01-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #1  
Taaa Daaa!

Default What's perfect?

What do you consider to be your goal? The "perfect" weight/size etc..

My healthy weight, according to charts is around 150. That seems fine enough, but I'd rather go on sizes.

I would love to be a size 12. I think that would be perfect for me. Not too skinny, still curvy, not overweight.
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:25 PM   #2  

I can't go by a weight.... or size.. my ultimate goal is to one day look in the mirror and not want to cry.. to go into a store and be able to buy anything that is on a maniquin and not want to cry.. to go into my closet and see clothing hanging there that I really want to wear.. not trying to find something to cover this roll or that.. so my ultimate goal is to be happy with what I see....and feel. I am not sure about all of you but as I was at my highest weight of (I think I didn't weigh myself when I started this so assuming) 180 I didn't "see" myself as fat.. I felt okay.. I was sad because of course I knew I was overweight.. but it was pictures that did it for me.. I was like "who is that in the picture -- that can't be me I am not that fat".. and it was me... man I need to do something.. so that is my ultimate goal
ChrisNeedsLessWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #3  
PrestonsMama

S/C/G: 253/180/150

Height: 5'6"

My perfect body is 130-140 lbs. size 7-10. Smaller boobs and a tight belly, not really concerned about a six pack, just tight as possible!
PrestonsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:22 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

5'8" 155lbs, size 8, awesome lung power, very shapely legs, and a smokin' hot *** (the flat belly I'll probably have to buy)
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:44 PM   #5  
on my way down again

I'm looking at 150 (I'm 5'8''), but once I get down that way, I'll adjust it. When I hit 170, I'm going to be very happy. I'm not sure on what size, but whatever it is, I'll love it!
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:00 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

I used to be a size 7/8 and weighed 115 pounds growing up (well, that was after losing a TON of weight...and I was 17 ). I was thinking that I'd like to be 125....but then when I got down to 140 pounds (about a year or so ago) I was actually happy with myself AND my body. I was a size 10 and I felt GREAT, confident. So I'd be happy to see that again...and just tone up what was there
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:59 AM   #7  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

that's a good question. I am shooting for 150 but lower than that might even be perfect for me. Guess I'll just have to see when I get there
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

I was aiming for 135, but after measuring my wrist yesterday - I realize I'm a small frame, not a medium frame as I'd thought. My range is 121.5-134.5, with 128 being the mid-point. I try and aim for the midpoint - but the last time I weighed 128 was over 20 years ago. *sigh*
Morgaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:55 AM   #9  
Going to ONEderland

When I was 17 I weighed 129 (my lowest since I've been "grown up"). I've always set 130 as my ultimate goal, but that changes depending on whether I've been seriously exercising or not. I'm older now, too, by quite a lot and you are supposed to weigh somewhat more when you are older. The more muscle mass you have, the more weight you should carry as well. So when I was doing Body for Life exercise routines, I increased my goal weight to 160. Any less (I determined by the math) and I would have had to lose muscle to get there. Not a desirable outcome since muscle helps you to retain whatever weight you decide you want to be at.

So these days I don't really go by weight (since I'm not sure how much muscle I will have when I get there) and I can't go by size, because when I was that small, a 14 was a small size and now it is only about 2 sizes lower than I'm at, so I know the sizes have changed.

So instead I go by body fat percentages. I'd like to be no more than 23% body fat. That is healthy for a woman and it allows me to have as much muscle as I like without having to lose muscle mass just to get to a specific weight.

I have a fat measuring scale which gives me a ball park figure on my fat percentages, but which changes based on how hydrated or dehydrated I am. I also have fat calipers which are more accurate. There are also programs online that you can use to determine your body fat percentage based on a few measurements.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:57 AM   #10  
Going to ONEderland

When I was 17 I weighed 129 (my lowest since I've been "grown up"). I've always set 130 as my ultimate goal, but that changes depending on whether I've been seriously exercising or not. I'm older now, too, by quite a lot and you are supposed to weigh somewhat more when you are older. The more muscle mass you have, the more weight you should carry as well. So when I was doing Body for Life exercise routines, I increased my goal weight to 160. Any less (I determined by the math) and I would have had to lose muscle to get there. Not a desirable outcome since muscle helps you to retain whatever weight you decide you want to be at.

So these days I don't really go by weight (since I'm not sure how much muscle I will have when I get there) and I can't go by size, because when I was that small, a 14 was a small size and now it is only about 2 sizes lower than I'm at, so I know the sizes have changed.

So instead I go by body fat percentages. I'd like to be no more than 23% body fat. That is healthy for a woman and it allows me to have as much muscle as I like without having to lose muscle mass just to get to a specific weight.

I have a fat measuring scale which gives me a ball park figure on my fat percentages, but which changes based on how hydrated or dehydrated I am. I also have fat calipers which are more accurate. There are also programs online that you can use to determine your body fat percentage based on a few measurements.