LA Weight Loss - A good scale?

View Full Version : A good scale?

slecompte
01-16-2006, 01:58 PM
In the one thread it looks like several of you have a good scale? Can I ask what kind it is, that you would recommend. Not sure if I am helping myself by getting one, but some days it would be nice to weigh myself first thing in the morning.

Thanks!

Sheila

deetsmom
01-16-2006, 02:09 PM
I have a wonderful Tanita that I got at Bed,Bath and Beyond for about $50 - it measures to the .2 lb and calculates body fat and water weight.

PURPLEPIRATE99
01-16-2006, 02:20 PM
I have a taylor - it measure body fat and water percentage, but it is only .5 increments not .2.
I got it at wal-mart for ~$30

slecompte
01-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks!!

deetsmom - sounded like yours did measure bf and ww, but I had never heard of one doing water weight before so thought maybe I was crazy!

Sheila

Gamababa3
01-16-2006, 02:42 PM
I ordered my Tanita on line and it is scheduled to deliver today. I'm excited to be able to get a more accurate reading on the scale.

Chklithunder
01-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Mkay. Post got lost. Hmm...

If it helps, my scale is digital and reads to the .2 also. It doesn't do anything else fancy, just gives me my weight, and its always right on the money with the COD scale. Its a Sunbeam digital scale, and I got it at Walmart for less than $20.

slecompte
01-16-2006, 07:47 PM
I just went and got the Tanita scale at BB&B - of course had a nice 20% off coupon so that was great!

I can't wait to compare it sat to when I weigh to see how they compare, but it seems pretty close this afternoon.

Sheila

honey-dipped
01-16-2006, 08:03 PM
yes, i have had my eye on a tanita body scale for some time. only thing is that i have to order it online and i've been putting it off haha. Right now, I use a cheap analog scale that is on it's last breath.