100 lb. Club - Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (Jan. 16-22)

jillybean720
01-16-2006, 01:02 PM
So, I haven't been here NEARLY as regularly as I used to, and I still use Fitday, but I need to become more accountable, so I am back! Over the weekend, I know I was high on calories, but I made some AWESOME choices at restaurants (grilled tuna pita, grilled chicken w/broccoli), so I consider it a success ;)

I think I also need to set/re-establish my goals, so here is my official proclamation (makes it sound all formal, huh? :p ):

9+ 8-oz servings of water a day
at least 2 servings of veggies each day
2000 calories or less daily average for the week
exercise 3 times a week for at least 20 minutesOn to today:

whole-wheat English muffin w/natural peanut butter and banana slices
whole-wheat bagel w/natural peanut butter and sugar-free strawberry preserves
small can of fruit cocktail
reduced-sugar instant oatmeal
skinless chicken breast w/honey dijon marinade
whole-wheat blend pasta w/spinach, broccoli, and honey dijon sauceBrings me in around 1700 calories, and if I need another snack, I'll add 1 or 2 sugar-free fudgesicles (40 calories each) for a total of 1780.

activeadventurer
01-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi Folks and good to see you here Jill.

I missed most of last week but food is good. I had a mini breadstick binge on Saturday (I think it was 8) but other that that A-OK. Turns out when they fixed my computer they broke it too! So it is in the shop again and I wiil be pretty hit or miss. It's official. I went to the gym last night and weighed in. I lost 1# over the holidays since before thanksgiving and collected my tshirt for making the holiday challenge (to maintain or lose over the holiday season). I am thrilled. Whooppeee!!!!! See you next time I get next to a computer. Denise

Sheila53
01-16-2006, 09:48 PM
1/2 c ff cottage cheese (2)
1/2 c blueberries (1)
low gluten mix cereal (6)
salmon (3)
milk (.5)

stuffed peppers (4)
mixed vegetables (0)

orange (1)
5 olives (.5)

fish (5)
sweet potato (2)
salad w/dressing (1)
ww fudge bar (1)

total = 27

Exercise: 22 min. evil elliptical, 23 min. rowing, 30 min. weight lifting, 15 min. stretching

taekwondomom
01-17-2006, 03:21 AM
B: oreos :o (eegads woman! you had oreos for breakfast?!? What were you thinking?!?!?); medium sized turkey and cheese salad (slept in since I was exhausted from working ALL weekend)
Lunch/Dinner: large salad with roast chicken and turkey and cheese; 1 biscuit with honey
S: too many oreos; 1 oatmeal craisin cookie; chocolate/caramel pudding snack cups (2) with light whipped cream; 4 peanutbutter and jelly cracker sandwiches
Beverages: 40 oz water; 10 oz chocolate soymilk; 1 liter sugar free/calorie free lemonade
Exercise: 1 hour Tae Kwon Do

Plan for tomorrow:
Kashi GoLean with soymilk and diced peaches for breakfast
Large Salad with roast chicken for lunch
Small salad; steamed carrots/broccoli/cauliflower mixture; smoked porkchop for dinner
Snacks: 1 apple with fat free fruit dip; ONE pudding snack cup; light tortilla chips with salsa OR microwave popcorn
LOTS of water; 1 can diet soda; calorie free/sugar free lemonade
Exercise: 55 minutes Tae Bo Boot Camp Basics
:D

rabidstoat
01-17-2006, 05:11 AM
Wow. Yesterday was awful, a return to binge impulses. Documented here so I can make a push for TODAY to be better.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, yogurt, 1 oz cheese
Snack: 1 oz peanuts
Lunch: 3.5 oz tilapia in a Caribbean jerk sauce, 1 cup mango-flavored couscous, and 1-1.5 cups herbed steamed veggies with some very light sauce
Snack: 1 chocolate from a tray of candies. 1 Milky Way bar.
Dinner: Angus hamburger with cheese from BK, and a large fries
Grazing: About a cup of peanuts :(

Calorie total: 3225

jillybean720
01-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Wow. Yesterday was awful, a return to binge impulses. Documented here so I can make a push for TODAY to be better.
Me too, me too! I had planned less than 1800 calories for yesterday, but when I got home from work, I ate EVERYTHING that wasn't nailed down in the hour-and-a-half before Jeff got home. It was ridiculous! But at least now, most of that not-nailed-down junk is gone :p Here's how yesterday ended up:

whole-wheat English muffin w/natural peanut butter and banana slices
whole-wheat bagel w/natural peanut butter and sugar-free strawberry preserves
small can of fruit cocktail
bowl of granola cereal (2 servings) w/skim milk
leftover baked pasta w/cheese and meat sauce
SunChips
ready-made chicken stuffed w/broccoli and cheese
instant mashed potatoes with a few bacon bits and ff sour creamInstead of my planned 1780, I blew myself up to about 2650 calories :o

Today's plan--STAY BUSY in the time between when I get home and when Jeff gets home! I have new jobs to apply for, scrapbooking pages to finish, PS2 games to play, an exercise ball to buy at Target, sidewalks to walk on (if the weather cooperates)...anything!! As for food, here's the PLAN, with my goal being to STICK TO IT:

2 slices whole-wheat toast w/peanut butter and banana slices
instant oatmeal
peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole-wheat
small can of pineapple chunks
skinless chicken breast w/honey dijon marinade
whole-wheat blend pasta w/broccoli, spinach, and honey dijon sauceShould be about 1700 calories (the only thing I don't have in my Fitday is the honey dijon sauce). If I end up with more than 1800 calories when I come back to post tomorrow, someone please slap me :dizzy:

BethC
01-17-2006, 07:54 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm still struggling on the weekends. But I did manage to get my act together yesterday even though I was home?! So I sometimes wonder if I'm not playing a game w/myself?? I need to come up w/a game plan for this.

Here's my food from yesterday...

2 - coffee
3 - 1/2 ww bagel
2 - cheese
2 - chocolate
3 - luna bar
1 - coffee
1 - 1pt cake
3 - ice cream
2 - cheese
4 - tuna roll
4 - chicken teriaki
27 points (1 over)

Exercise: 57min eliptical - 700 cals, abs

Sandi
01-17-2006, 11:17 AM
I too had a terrible weekend. Yesterday was SUPER low cals because I am having some sort of stomach problems. Here's to losing 5 lbs in 1 day!!

1/16/05
Mint Zone Perfect
5 or 6 saltines
Diet Sierra Mist
6 saltines with Peanut butter
TOTAL - ??

I am still feeling pretty crappy today, but I am going to try and eat something more!

Jillegal
01-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Aw, hope you feel better soon, Sandi! :hug:

Well, I'm back from my week away and can report that I wasn't a total :angel: , but neither was I a complete :devil:

Exercise was rather non-existent because it was so darn cold and windy (-22 on the weekend) that you couldn't walk around much outside without being in actual pain. :( Forget about skating on the canal, it was like a trek to the antarctic just to get a Tim Hortons coffee from the shop beside the stadium! We didn't have a chance (I swear) to use any gym equipment at the hotel because we were at the rink to watch practices at 7a.m. and got back to the hotel each night after competition around 11p.m. Mind you, sitting in the second row meant long hikes up the stairs to the washrooms and concession stand (for water!) and back down again and we did a fair bit of inside arena walking, but that was mainly to prevent bum cramps from sitting in our seats for hours on end!

I thought I handled the food situation rather well. We made sure to have a good breakfast at the hotel before heading out (my usual choice was whole wheat toast, fruit cup and scrambled egg, with nary a french toast or bacon, sausage and home fries order). I managed to smuggle various foodstuffs past the rink ****s (the banana stuffed down the front pocket of my pants gave rise to a nasty rumour that I'd had a sex change operation) and I could always find somewhere to hide a few grapes and a granola bar or two. As it turned out, the fare at the rink was better than the usual hot dogs, fries, nachos, etc. They offered a thin crust veggie pizza slice, turkey, ham and chicken wraps with lettuce and tomato, and even a salad bowl. I'm proud to say I managed to avoid the deep fried beavertails and settled for a bag of popcorn instead. I did well on the alcohol front, also, limiting myself to two glasses of wine at the farewell dinner and one rum and diet coke earlier in the week. So all in all it went rather well in circumstances that weren't totally in my control. :D

Hope you all had a good week (I just don't have time to read all the entries) :)

jillybean720
01-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Excellent job, Jillegal! I know you said you weren't perfect, but even being somewhat on-plan is SO difficult when you're away from your normal surroundings.

I, on the other hand, have already messed up my day :dizzy: My co-worker brought me a thank-you "gift" that included a small Whitman's Sampler box of chocolates. Of course, I ate all 4 already, so that's 220 calories I hadn' anticipated! I left out the pineapple I brought, so I should still be able to squeak in under 1800 calories for the day. I better be on my best behavior tonight!

rabidstoat
01-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Whew. Today went better. I only managed 22 minutes of exercise but it's been over a week since I last did, and I was just desperate to get something down. I promised myself 20 minutes, surely I could take 20 minutes to exercise, and I did -- and 2 minutes more. Maybe 23 tomorrow. :) It helps that today wasn't so hectic. Last week was insanely hectic, the weekend was hectic, and yesterday was the first day of normalcy.

Breakfast: McD's fruit and yogurt parfait and a Morningstar breakfast patty
Snack: 1 oz cheese
Lunch: Homemade Kung Pao chicken over a small bit of brown rice (the envy of the office with the smell!)
Snack: 1 apple, and a bowl of banana bread oatmeal
Dinner: Homemade chicken marsala (about 4 oz chicken) and 3/4 cup jasmine rice and 1 cup steamed veggies

Calories: About 1425
Exercise: 22 minutes bike :)

Sheila53
01-18-2006, 12:48 AM
:bravo: to you, Jilly! You did wonderfully well. You told us where you stuffed the banana, but I'm wondering where you put the grapes? :lol:

Sandi, hope your tummy troubles are gone soon.

Beth, on Friday, why don't you post your plan for the weekend just to be accountable? Only if you want to, of course. :)

mini bagel (2)
ham (1)
LCL (1)
luna lemon zest (3)

8 oz lentil-tomato soup (3)
2 slices bread (4)

orange (1)
celery w/LCL (1)
1/2 low gluten mix (3)

chicken (4)
roasted veggies (1)
WW fudge bar (1)

total = 25

Exercise: 35 min. evil elliptical, 30 min. weight training, 25 min. stretching

taekwondomom
01-18-2006, 02:25 AM
January 17, 2006
Slept in again so I had lunch for breakfast. DH was a dear and didn't wake me up until right before he had to leave for school.
I am having a really hard time resisting the urge to buy my trigger foods (candy, cookies, donuts, ice cream) after my shift at WallyWorld. I see it all day and by the time I'm done with work I want it all! :(

B/L: 6 mini corn dogs; 1 1/2 cups broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mixture with ff margarine
D: 3 homemade chicken fajitas on fat free tortillas
S: 1 1/2 serving light tortilla chips with lots of salsa; 3 donuts; 1 butterfinger candy bar
Beverages: 60 oz (and counting) water; 1 liter calorie free lemonade; 1 cup herbal tea
Exercise: 55 minutes Tae Bo Boot Camp Basics; 15 minute stretching program

jillybean720
01-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Despite the chocolates, I stayed below my 1800 calorie limit yesterday :carrot: Also, when I was visiting my sister over the weekend, she gave me a little counter-top scale for food (I'd never had one before), so I actually measured my chicken for dinner last night. I had been putting like 300+ calories of chicken in my Fitday, but according the the scale and the label, I usually have less than 150 calories worth of chicken! That means I even over-estimated my calories yesterday and was WELL below 1800 calories :D

So, here's the plan for today, and assuming I get no more "thank you" chocolates, I WILL stick to it:

granola cereal w/skim milk and sliced banana
instant oatmeal
sandwich (2 slices whole-wheat bread, sliced turkey, Miracle Whip, honey mustard, and a bunch of spinach)
pineapple chunks
skinless chicken breast w/teriyaki marinade
brown rice and veggies (corn, broccoli, and red peppers) w/teriyaki sauceAll together, that brings me to about 1800 calories (1755 per Fitday, but that's not including the teriyaki sauce) :)

SuchAPrettyFace
01-18-2006, 03:17 PM
I have fallen off the wagon, girls. I am trying to get back on today:

breakfast
decaf fat free soy latte
2 MSF breakfast patties

working on 1 gallon of water

lunch:
tofu/veggie indo coconut curry stir fry from Chin's Asia Fresh. http://www.chins.com --i have enough for both lunch, snack & dinner!!!
strawberry lemonade. :(
1 fortune cookie

leftover sesame chicken
leftover veggie fried rice
a banana
a small glass of cranberry juice

drank another gallon of water. 2 gallons yesterday, whee!

Sheila53
01-18-2006, 04:14 PM
(out of a possible 48 pts.)

1/2 c ff cottage cheese (2)
1/2 c blueberries (1)
luna lemon zest bar (3)

basil chicken wrap (6)
baked Lay's (3)
cafe mocha (4)

small ice cream cone (5.5)

teriyaki shrimp skewers w/veggies only (3)
raspberry chocolate cake (4.5)

total = 32

Exercise: 45 min. hydrofit, 30 min. weight lifting, 15 min. stretching

activeadventurer
01-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi Folks,

Welcome back Jillegal. Sounds like it was really cold!!! I can't even imagine.:o
SAPF Chin's Asia Fresh. Hmmmm...Does that mean you are in the Twin Cities? I haven't tried the Peach Fresca but it is on my list. Keep us posted on your upcoming trip to the Mayo Clinic.
Sandi Even when you couldn't hardly eat I noticed you had one of the Mint Zone Perfect bars. You have got me hooked. I love them.

Anyways about today

B Egg and acorn squash
S Homemade orange rice pudding (made with splenda)
L Baked Walleye with thai brocolli and acorn squash
S South Beach snack bar
D Small cheeseburger and small order of onion rings
S Out late with friends ?????

Exercise is still at almost a stand still but am still grateful food has been satisfying and enjoyable.

See you all next time

Denise

rabidstoat
01-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Ugh. No exercise. Couldn't bring myself to eat leftover pork loin tonight -- I made it because I wanted to give it another chance. I'm not really fond of pork, but then I never eat, so I was wondering if my tastes had changed. Nope! No more pork loin, I feel bad wasting it but it's just a little left anyway.

Breakfast: Krispy Kreme donut and Morningstar breakfast patty
Snack: "100 calorie" peanut butter 'cookies'
Lunch: Leftover chicken marsala with rice and veggies
Snack: Carribean Way smoothie from Smoothie King (20 oz)
Dinner: Morningstar Farms black bean veggie burger on a whole wheat roll, with 4.5 ounces steak fries (seems so small and it's still 1.5 servings!) and some green beans

Calories: About 1725

Jillegal
01-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Back at work today and busy, busy, busy. So busy, in fact, that I didn't eat, drink or exercise enough! :dizzy:

Wednesday
1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted (2)
1 tbsp. peanut butter (2)
large mug of tea (0)

pumpernickel bagel (4)
spicy black bean soup (4)
Perrier water (0)

chicken breast, skin removed, grilled (3)
one small potato, boiled, with onions (2)
peas, carrots, lima beans (1)
bottled water (0)

Total points 18

Exercise: 30mins. dog walking.

jillybean720
01-19-2006, 07:30 AM
I added a smoothie last night, so I ended up going to about 2037 calories (per Fitday). Not horrible, but I'd like to stay below 2000 (below 1800 when I can).

As for today...

whole-wheat English muffin with strawberry jelly
pineapple
whole-wheat bagel with ff cream cheese
Subway 12" chicken teriyaki on honey oat, 2 Subway cookiesTotal of about 1750 calories :)

SuchAPrettyFace
01-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Denise, I'm just outside Milwaukee. I'll be flying through the Twin Cities next time I go to Mayo. Which is next Tuesday. :eek:

today:

large chicken breast that had been cooked in the crock pot w/a chopped onion & some parsley (peeled skin off)
1 low carb multigrain tortilla
1 serving lite chive & onion cream cheese
decaf skim soy latte
lots & lots of water

1 serving of the curry coconut stir fry from yesterday
1 wendy's baked potato--sour cream, chives & one packet of hot chili sauce
1 container wendy's oranges

1 wendy's kids meal hamburger
1 kids meal fries
1 kids meal fruit punch

8 prunes
2 servings unsalted dry roast peanuts
waterrrrrrrrrrrrr, i am up to almost 2 gallons per day now. :)

rabidstoat
01-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Okay. I've removed my fitness goal. I'll try again in a few weeks, it's too discouraging to stare at failure now.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, Morningstar veggie patty
Lunch: Healthy Choice chicken and mac&cheese meal, and a McD's fruit and yogurt parfait (late lunch, they didn't feed us at the meeting and worked us until 2!)
Snack: Soy chips
Dinner: Chicken fettucini alfredo with too much pasta, and too little sauce

Calories: About 1250

Sheila53
01-19-2006, 09:43 PM
mini bagel (2)
ham (1)
LCL (1)
1/2 low gluten mix (3)
salmon (3)
tall coffee light (2)

whole wheat tortilla (1)
fish (3)
orange (1)
broccoli & cauliflower

celery w/LCL (1)

pork (4.5)
salad w/dressing (1)
sweet potato (1.5)
WW fudge bar (1)

total = 26

Exercise: 30 min. evil elliptical, 10 min. rowing, 30 min. weight lifting, 20 min. stretching

Jillegal
01-19-2006, 10:34 PM
If things get crazy and I don't get to say it before Tuesday, best of luck at the Mayo, SAPF!! :hug:

Thursday
1 slice 100% whole wheat bread, toasted (2)
1 tbsp. peanut butter (2)
Carnation Light hot chocolate (1)

500ml bottled water

2 cups Astro fat free, sugar free, vanilla yogurt (2)
medium banana, sliced and mixed into the yogurt (2)

500ml bottled water

homemade vegetable soup * (4)
onion bun (4)
tuna (3)
Miracle Whip Light (1)
chopped celery (0)
Perrier water

500ml bottled water

Carnation Light hot chocolate (1)

Total points 22

* low sodium, low fat beef broth (Campbells), fresh carrots and potatoes, frozen lima beans, green beans and peas, canned pinto beans, barley

Exercise: 45 min. walk with dog.

jillybean720
01-20-2006, 06:54 AM
I stuck mostly to my plan yesterday except i gave up the small can of pineapple for a sugar-free fudgesicle, and then I was making mini cheesecakes last night for an office party, and I ate some of the batter and a handful of nilla wafers :o I think I was still below 2000, and I was 1/2 pound lower this morning, so at least I wasn't out of control :)

As for today:

GoLean Crunch w/skim milk and banana
whatever I have at the office party
cheese pizza
probably lots of diet soda--I find it makes me feel fuller (the carbonation?), so I don't eat as much, so I'd rather have more diet soda than usual than overeat at the office party, ya know?
possibly a fast-food sandwich, but I will skip the fries--we're driving down to Va Beach again tonight, and I hate stopping for real food and then driving the rest of the way on a full stomach :p

BethC
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Hi everyone!

Well I haven't had a good week. My knee started to hurt again and this time my shoulder has joined in as well. My knee is probably just going to take a little time, I spoke to PT and he said to just cut back a little (yeah, like I can do that) and it'll pass. So, I'm still doing cardio, a little slower, but I'm doing it.

My shoulder is another problem because this is new, so I spoke to him about it too, he said to rest it totally and see where we are in a week! :( Yes, I know I don't want shoulder problems or cause some permanent damage, but I was just making progress on my arms and now this... The funny thing is, I hurt it by working out - chest press.

So all that and some other problems at work has led to some additional points creeping in. A piece of chocolate here, a cookie there, nothing huge, but totally NOT acceptable! So, today on NO MORE!

Ok, well my other issue has been the weekends. It's being home, out of my routine and weighing in on Saturday morning. It all conspires to set me up every week. Any suggestions?

Well, sorry this is so long, but here's my food from yesterday...

2 - coffee
1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
1 - cookie
1 - veggie soup
5 - zone bar
1 - chocolate
2 - coffee
6 - LC chicken
0 - sugar snap peas
2 - ww ice cream
24 out 26 points

Exercise: 40 min elipitical - 500 cals (2,100/2,000 for the week), abs, lower body

Sandi - I tried the Coconut zone bar, it wasn't bad, it tasted like an Almond Joy to me, I still prefer the Chocolate mint!

Have a good weekend everyone!

SuchAPrettyFace
01-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Thank you, :queen: Jilly. :hug:

Beth, just pretend PT is at your house, watching you, then you wont sneak those cookies. ;)

today:
egg mcmuffin, no ham
hash brown :(
20 oz orange juice :(
fruit salad, no walnut, no yogurt
64oz bottle water

BethC
01-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Beth, just pretend PT is at your house, watching you, then you wont sneak those cookies. ;)

That's a nice idea, but he's still acting kind of strange, I don't get men. He's been helpful and everything, but kind of distant...:?: I try not to focus on it, I just wish I could read his mind.

DollyR
01-20-2006, 05:52 PM
I have not been keeping track this week due to feeling so lousy but I feel MUCH better today! I also lost 2 pounds during this mess. I had no appetite and I am sure that helped but I am now happy to see 8 pounds gone!

rabidstoat
01-20-2006, 11:35 PM
I meant to get the low fat salad dressing at Wendy's (which is still 180 calories), but they put in the full fat stuff -- 280 calories! Yikes. I needed dressing, though. And it was tasty.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and a LF yogurt with some granola
Snack: Bana
Lunch: Amy's teriyaki bowl with tofu
Snack: Hershey chocolate bar
Dinner: Wendy's BLT salad with honey mustard dressing and croutons

Exercise: 22 minutes stationary bike, 20 minutes weight lifting, 10 minutes stretching

Jillegal
01-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Hope you're feeling better soon, Dolly. :)

Beth, I've given up trying to understand men. Who knows, perhaps he's scared of getting too close and needs time to realize that's exactly what he wants (that's what my guy did ~ took him a while to figure out what I knew all along) ;)

I think Sandi's starting a cult following with those Mint Zone bars, Denise. Next thing she'll have you selling flowers at airports. :devil:

SAPF - Let's see more :) instead of :( beside your food choices, ya hear! :hug:

So where's Sandi? and Ali? Do I have to hunt you down?? :p

Friday
2 slices raisin honey bread, toasted (3)
President's Choice "Memories of Butter" (I kid you not) spread (1)
huge mug of tea

bottled water

President's Choice "Blue Menu" Sesame Ginger Chicken and Vegetables (mmmmm) (4)
bottled water

Astro fat free sugar free vanilla yogurt (1)
medium banana (2)
bottled water

Pork loin medallions (5)
unsweetened applesauce (1)
broccoli and cauliflower (0)
"Good For You" frozen yogurt (3)
Perrier water

Tim Hortons coffee with cream (2)

Total points (22)

Exercise: morning walk 20mins, evening walk 30mins.

DishyFishy
01-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Here I am! :wave: Sorry for dipping out on the thread. :sorry:
I've been doing a little experiment for a few weeks to see what would happen if I stopped counting kcals. I'm pleased to report that I've dropped 4 pounds in the last fortnight relying solely on making good(ish) choices. :smug: One more and I'll be back to the 190 I was before Christmas. :p

Fri 20 Jan:

500 ml coffee, 2 tblsp. half & half.
1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, cup 0% milk.
2 oz chicken, salad (bean sprouts, carrot, 1 oz cheddar, green pepper, 1 tsp. olive oil, lime juice, basil, coriander leaf), 2 oz ciabatta.
750 ml green tea.
1 cups whole-grain pasta with sauce*.
A giant mandarin.
2 squares Green & Black's 70% chocolate.

Exercise: 45 minute walk, 30 minutes strength exercises.

*Grated carrot, garlic, onion, ground sirloin, chopped & crushed tomatoes, basil, celery seed, oregano, reduced salt beef Oxo.

Today's Plan:

Cereal, raisins, 0% milk; coffee with half & half.
Leftover pasta with sauce (as above).
Banana, yogurt.
Bengal gram dahl with whole-grain bread.
Cheese and Triscuits.

rabidstoat
01-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Breakfast: Oatmeal and a Morningstar breakfast patty
Snack: 1 cup(?) watermelon
Lunch: LF Shrimp creole over 3/4 cup brown rice
Snack: 1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese on 4 wheatsworth crackers
Dinner: Fettucini alfredo with chicken and broccoli (homemade)
Snack: 8 oz strawberies with 2 tsp sugar

Calories: About 1450 (and 650 of them were on the fettucini alfredo)

Jillegal
01-21-2006, 11:29 PM
There you go, Ali, making wise decisions without counting calories. I guess that's what it'll be like once we get to goal ~ just keep doing what we know is right without thinking much about it! :D

Weekends are so unstructured! I didn't eat at regular intervals or get enough veggies in, but managed not to go over on points.

Saturday
2 slices WW raisin bread, toasted (2)
1 tsp. "Memories of Butter" spread (1)
huge mug of tea (0)

1 Timbit (1)

Nestle "Splash Orange" water (0)

Fresh meat ravioli (6)
3/4c homemade pasta sauce* (2)
small piece of garlic bread (2)
baby carrots, green & red pepper slices, cucumber slices, celery sticks (1)
fat free ranch dressing to dip veggies in (1)
bottled water (0)

Sour cream and onion mini rice cakes (2)
Nestle "Splash Orange" water (0)

"Good for You" frozen yogurt (2)

total points (22)

* crushed tomatoes, onion, garlic, V8 juice, mushrooms, roasted green, red & yellow peppers, seasonings

Exercise: dog walking (20min morning, 45min evening)

DishyFishy
01-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Heh, you got more veggies than I did, Jilly! I dunno why I bother to try to plan my meals. I'm so bad at sticking with what's on my list. The wine was jolly good though. :lol:

Sat 21 Jan:

500 ml coffee, 2 tblsp. half & half.
1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, cup 0% milk.
Handful of almonds.
Bengal gram dahl*, 2 oz whole-grain bread.
250 ml green tea.
2 slices chicken pizza.
Bottle of fizzy plonk.

Exercise: 40 minute walk.

*Bengal gram (soaked & cooked), garlic, groundnut oil, ginger, lime juice, onion, red pepper, crushed tomatoes, cayenne, coriander seeds, cumin, turmeric.

Today's Plan:

Cereal, raisins, 0% milk; coffee with half & half.
Nuts.
Leftover pasta with sauce that I should've eaten yesterday.
Banana, yogurt.
Cheese & tomato omelette.

rabidstoat
01-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Blah. I think I'm depressed today. Or stressed. Or something. Just haven't felt like eating, and have been moping around, dreading the upcoming week of work.

Breakfast: 3 homemade buttermilk pancakes with a little light syrup and LF margarine
Lunch: Chicken fajita in a low-carb wrap
Dinner: Chicken fajita in a low-carb wrap

Calories: About 1050
Exercise: 30 minutes bike, 10 minutes stretching, 20 minutes weights

Jillegal
01-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Sorry you're feeling in a slump right now, rabidstoat ~ might be the weather. Good for you for keeping up with the exercise; that's the first thing that disappears when I'm feeling those winter blues. :)

You drank the whole bottle of plonk, Ali? Well, that's a few servings of grapes, for sure, and you probably exercised some stomach muscles belching up that fizz. :p

Sunday
scrambled egg (3)
Carnation light hot chocolate (1)

2 timbits (2)

Astro fat free, sugar free yogurt (2)

roast loin of pork (5)
unsweetened applesauce (1)
mashed potatoes with garlic (3)
mixed veggies (peas, carrots, green beans, lima beans, corn) (2)

Total (23 - used 1 flex point)

Exercise: It was very mild today and we all went to the lake shore (with the dog) for a long walk. Eventually we came upon literally hundreds of Canadian geese who must have missed the flight down south. When the dog raced towards them, they began running to take flight, but instead of going in the direction away from us, they headed towards us before lifting off and we ran screaming in all directions as they barely cleared our heads. :dizzy:

jillybean720
01-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Started a new thread for the new week...here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1096953#post1096953) :)