Old 01-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #1  

Default Another Newbie

Good Morning!

May I join you? I am faithfully doing Atkins and am on day 14.
I am still nursing my son, but both the pediatrician and OB have approved the 'diet'.
Week one left me 5 lbs lighter, yippee! However at the end of week 2 I seem to have hit a stall. Nothing . My lypolosys strips are purple every evening and I am staying between 18 and 20 carbs/day. I must admit I need to drink more water, and I still have my decaf latte in the morning (counting the milk carbs), my one vice. I was walking an additional 2 miles at the office during the 1st week, but didn't last week due to a hefty cold.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can jump my loss from 0 to something?

Thanks, Molly
CocozMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #2  
Atkins Lover

Welcome!!! and be sure to check out the weekly chat. Maybe give yourself 2 days of upping your carbs a little bit and then cut back a little. Also, really try and get the water in. Good luck!!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:06 PM   #3  
on my way down again

It's nice to have you here. Sounds like you're doing great! Coffee can cause stalls in some people, but I won't give it up. Hope you join in on the daily threads.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #4  

Welcome Molly -- I am also new to the board so it is nice to see others just starting out..... I am super happy to have found a board and I hope we can both learn from these terrific ladies.. you sound like you are doing great.. I have read that sometimes Coffee can cause a stall I did give up Coffee but now that I am thinking more about that probably not a great idea as I am sure I will want it again.. but anyway I think if you keep your carbs down and continue exercising you will see a difference again between last weeks 0 and this week.. GOOD LUCK
ChrisNeedsLessWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:00 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

Molly, welcome Sounds like you're doing great! Don't worry about the no weight loss the 2nd week. If it lasts longer than a month THEN worry about it. And yup, definitely get the water in---and the exercise the 1st week was great Keep up the great work!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Molly and

Sounds like you're doing good. Guess you didnt have that magic losing weight moment when you nursed your son? I didnt either when I nursed my daughter I gained instead.

Oh well....some thoughts, get your water in, its very very important, try really hard to give up the latte. I know you are counting the carbs in your daily total...but that is giving up other carbs you should be eating. Like more veggies. Try for an every other day latte. Depending on where you get your latte, you can get it made with 1/2 & 1/2 instead of milk. (starbucks has a 1/2 & 1/2 latte) Another thought, are you getting in enough calories?

Thats about all I can think about at the moment, glad you found us
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #7  
Taaa Daaa!

Welcome Aboard I have no idea about stalling, I'm just starting out myself! Goodluck, let me know what gets you out of it.
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote