Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#63)

Sherry
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/daffy

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

ShelleyM
01-16-2006, 12:13 PM
WooHoo!! I must say we truly have some Loozing Floozies going on!!

WTG everyone for your weight losses!!

Deelite
01-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Cheryl how was your birthday? Come and post and let us know how you are doing.

Suzy there sure was alot of motivated posts on the last thread. It didn't take long to start a new one.
I make pototoes like yours. Gayle's recipe sounds like a nice change.
What a nice surprise to hear the delivery guys comment. lol kind of funny to how he just blurted it out. Way to go to getting your eatting under control since christmas. Sometimes when I am up I won't weigh myself until I know that I am down or at least what I weighed before I gainned the weight. It is funny how we fool ourselves but our bodies really know.

Janice my back is not any better since the injection. The surgeon said that he wouldn't be able to do anything for me any more. If things get worse I can go see him.
I am happy to heat that you are at the gym dispite the swollen ankles. The water always feels so good for me.
Congratulations for staying on program.

Gayle wow another pound gone. You and Steve are going to fade away. Your diet dinner of steak, potatoes and green beans sound devine. Imagine that you can lose weight eatting that!

Sherry I love your Daffy Duck. What a hoot.
Wow you are down 5 more pounds, you sure are working it. I am so proud of you.

Shelley how are you doing now that Patty is driving? I bet she is so proud?
You are right I am a size 4-6 depending on the brand. I don't want to lose more weight. I am happy where I am at.
My sister came home to a freezing rain storm and now a snow storm. All in 24 hour period. The roads are brutel. You wouldn't want Patty driving today.

I had an orthotic brace appointment this morning at 8:00 so I was up before 7:00. I am beat I am going for a little siesta.

Deelite
01-16-2006, 06:10 PM
I was just looking at the recipes on the w's thread. Here is a link that looks great for recipes

http://saksfamily.no-ip.com/crockpot.html

ShelleyM
01-17-2006, 06:50 AM
Thanks, Dee! That's one I had already saved to my favorites. I was bad yesterday! Patty made some cookies, and I ate batter from the beaters and part of one of the cookies!! I am such a pig. I really need to clamp down on my eating.

coles
01-17-2006, 09:06 AM
Dee - I am so sorry that the injection didn't work. I wonder why they work on some people but not everyone. You keep so active despite the pain, I am so proud of you. I have a cousin who had back problems years ago, she had a shunt put in and needed to get herself moving after surgery. Now years later she uses a walker to get out of bed to the couch and the bathroom. Other than that she does nothing. Her family gets everything for her she never leaves the couch. She is always on such a pity trip, but I tell its her own doing. I do feel bad though. I even bought her a treadmill but she doesn't use it.
I love the gym, especially the pool. I do most of my workout in there. I am going to the doctor today to see about the swelling all over my bod. If its not one thing its another.
I am staying on program, so I am proud of myself for that.
Sheley - a little cookie batter and a cookie are not going to hurt you. You are soo thin.
Sherry - You go girl!! Congratulations on the weight loss.

4myloves
01-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes!! I can't believe I'm 30--that just feels WEIRD!!

I got two great birthday presents--one from Stewart and one from a complete stranger!! Stewart got me a pair of very elegant and beautiful diamond earrings. Some man I'd never met (but had spoken too on the phone) bought my trailer for his daughter to live in while she's in college!!!!! No more trips to South Arkansas (unless for pleasure!)---it'll be like getting a $400-500 raise/month!

I'm so proud of all you Floozies for losing weight!

gdeann
01-17-2006, 10:29 AM
YIPPEE CHERYL!!!! The earrings sound beautiful, Stewart has good taste...one can NEVER go wrong with diamonds! Glad to hear the house sold, now you won't need to worry about insurance/taxes/upkeep. It will be nice having the extra cash flow too!
AHHHHHHH...to be 30 again.......you silly goose! I only can dream about being 30!!! I remember it was very, very difficult for me to turn 30, after that the years just seemed to fade away. Now I am in the 40's and that sounds so old to me! I still FEEL like I am in my 20'-30's!!!
I'm glad you had a special birthday, you are very deserving of it!

Janice, when will you be going to the doc? Is it painful? GREAT JOB GOING TO THE GYM!

Shelley, don't beat yourself up over the cookie dough. You STOPPED after the beaters and 1/2 of a cookie. Most people could of easily wiped out a half a dozen or so. You earn enough AP's to earn a treat every so often. I wish you could see yourself as all of us do. You are an amazing, spirited woman!

Dee, thanks for the yummy recipes! I'll have to sit down and go through them, I saved in my favorites for a later date. You are doing so well maintaining your weight! Did you ever figure out if you had an actual weight loss from the surgery?

Sher, I'm so happy you are motivated and getting healthier! We miss the old Sher here....glad to have you back!

Suzy, are you saving all of your old clothes or pitching? Many say to remove them from your closet. When you leave them, you are only looking for an excuse to gain weight back. What are your thoughts? You should be very proud of your weight loss, you are doing great and so, so close to goal!
I say we have a GOAL party here on the thread when you reach it!!!

SuzyMc
01-17-2006, 11:27 AM
I got on here last night to post and clicked on the link that Dee posted and ended up looking at recipes all evening instead! :lol: Some of them sound really good...thanks Dee!

Shelley ~ Cookies are one of my weaknesses too. I found a low fat chocolate chip cookie recipe not long ago that is really good. Tim even commented that they were really good cookies and that was before he knew they were low fat/low calorie!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Servings - 15 (2 cookies each)
Points - 3

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg white
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugars, margarine, vanilla and egg white
in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on baking sheet; remove from sheet and cool on wire rack.

Nutrition Information:
Per 2 Cookies:
126 Cal., 5 g. fat, 0 g. fiber

Janice ~ Good luck at the doctor's today...let us know what you find out!

Cheryl ~ I'm glad you had a nice birthday! I was thinking the same as Gayle...how nice it would be to be 30 again! :lol:

Gayle ~ ALL of my clothes that no longer fit go directly to Goodwill for that very reason...I don't want to have that comfort zone of having 3 different sizes of clothes! That's why I was in desperate need of something to wear to Tim's uncle's funeral a couple of weeks ago! My closet is pretty bare. I hate to go out and buy all new clothes while I'm still losing, so I've only been buying the bare necessities as I need them.

4myloves
01-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Oh! I forgot to post earlier that I went and bought all my books for school yesterday!

I have a huge stack of books in the middle of the living room floor now (that's where I like to lay to "do" my bills/homework/etc--always have). My husband did a double-take when he came in and saw all of that reading material.

ShelleyM
01-18-2006, 06:36 AM
Cheryl-The earrings sound beautiful! Congratulations on the sale of the trailer!

Janice-How did the dr. appt go?

Suzy-Thanks for the recipe. My problem is I could just eat all the batter and not have anything left for the cookies!

Gayle and Cheryl-Oh, to be in my 30's or 40's again! This old hag is really getting up there.

My mom fell on Sunday. She didn't call me until Monday. She said she was going to stay in bed all day long, so I didn't bother her by calling. Well, yesterday I got a call from my best friend that works in the gift store in the hospital. Mom was there getting xrays of her back. She was in such pain and nausea when she woke up yesterday that Dad took her to the hospital. She is at home now and in bed. I'll be calling her soon to see how she's doing. I feel like such an awful daughter because I didn't check on her first thing yesterday morning. I had started to call, but didn't want her to have to go to the phone. She hasn't been able to eat, so I gave her some hard peppermints to suck on. I am hoping she is better today. Dad has a cold, and is having to care for her. This aging parents thing is very tough. I know you all have been going through it.

coles
01-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Shelley - Don't beat yourself up because you didn't call. Your heart was in the right place, not wanting her to have to get to the phone.
I know aging is tough. I work in an old age home so I see it everyday. Your folks are lucky they still have their independence.
I went to the doctor yesterday. He put me on anti-inflammatories, and I have to go for xrays on my wrists, knees and ankles today. He didn't really say what he thought. He took a lot of blood too. I guess I will have to wait for the test results.
I am staying on program. I find it is easy after eating soo much at Christmas.

gdeann
01-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Shelley, don't feel guilty about not calling your mom...you are a wonderful daughter and she knows it in her heart. Even through mom's heart problems, I still try to wean myself and not call at times. I know if something happens during that time frame, I will probably feel guilty like you, but at the same time I think our parents and ourselves need a bit of independence. I hope she is feeling better today, did the xrays show anything?

Janice, I hope you find relief from the meds!! Great going staying on plan!

ShelleyM
01-19-2006, 06:36 AM
The xrays on my mom shows a fracture. She is still in bed. There is really nothing they can do about. She and my dad are supposed to go to a dinner-dance on Saturday after we go get our hair colored and styled. I'm not sure if she'll be able to do either. I am going to call her this morning to see if I should cancel the appointment.

Janice-Wow, the dr. sure is taking lots of xrays on you. I hope the meds help.

Ok, this is ridiculous. I haven't had my period in months, and I just got it yesterday. This going through the change is frustrating. I was hoping to have passed the sweat stage, but probably not. I guess this is why I've been so hungry!

gdeann
01-19-2006, 11:19 AM
My dear cousin Bev still wants to join in on the fun, but has been a busy little girl!

If you see this message Bev, then you know your in the right spot! Looking forward to having you join!!!! This is a great group of gals with lots of friendship & support to offer!

Shelley, I hope mom gets along ok! Bless her heart!
Your weight gains on the scale Shelley probably have something to do with water retention & the missed periods. Hopefully, you will see a loss this week. Oh! The joys of PMSing & hormones!

coles
01-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Dee- Thanks for the website of WW recipes. I am trying the pork chops in mushroom, mustard sauce for supper tonight. Slow cooker - I have to work until 7 tonight.
I got all my xrays done yesterday, just have to wait and see the results.
Well I've gotta run, going to the gym before work

gdeann
01-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Janice, let us know how the pork chops turn out! Sounds YUMMY!

Deelite
01-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Shelley how is your mom doing? Is she improving? It is tough to have aging parents. Alot of us are in the same space.
Change of life has to be tough. I haven't started yet.
Cookie dough, yummy, maybe youshould try Suzy's recipe. I commend you for only eatting a few bites. I would have a hard time with that. Cookies have strings.

Janice how old is your cousin that had the stint put in her back? I know that after surgery you really are suppose to move as much as possible. Yes it hurts but it is best for you.
What anti-inflammatorie are you on? I was on arthrotec, it was pretty tough on my tummy. Did you get any other results back?
I am sure that being in the pool is the least painful exercise that you can do.
What is the weather like in Ontario? We have had a warmer winter until this week. After the rain and snow storm it has bropped to -10 C.

Cheryl ohh to be 30 again. I remember that it took me 3 years to get use to the idea. I was pretty depressed about it. I guess there are some things in life that you just have to accept. Enjoy. Your earrings sound very elagent. You must be very special.
Congratulations on selling your trailer. I am sure that it is a big releif. The extra money will be nice too.
That must have been quite the surprise to walk in the door and see all the book all over the living room floor....lol

Gayle my girl friend that just had the same surgery said that her weight stayed the same. I think I could have lost up to 4 pounds. It is hard to tell because I didn't weigh myself right away.
You are doing great on program. I am sure that your jeans are getting baggy. Can I call you a bag lady yet?

Sherry how are doing? I know that you are still doing great on program. It is nice to see that you are motivated. How is work going? You are always so busy.

4myloves
01-19-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't really have anything exciting to report, I just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone...

I've been really busy at work the past few weeks, with no end in sight.

Shelley, glad your mom only has a fracture. Don't worry about not calling her--she knows you love her.

Gayle--looking forward to having your Cousin Bev in our midst.

Dee--It is a HUGE relief to have sold my trailer! That's 1000 miles/month I won't be having to drive anymore--plus the monthly payment, utilities, etc.

Hello to everyone else. I'm thinking of you all.

Deelite
01-19-2006, 05:30 PM
I thought I would check in while I have my coffee break. Guess what I have been busy doing?????
Packing, yes packing once again. You would think that I would have this down pat by now. I have a packing list to follow but I just hate packing. I guess that is the down side of traveling. I will be leaving on the 28th.
I went to see the doctor yesterday to have my heart meds changed. My heart rate still went up to 200 when I went to the gym (that was on the doctors approval to check out if my HR would go up). The meds he gave me now are beta blockers instead of calcium blockers. It could affect my athma so I am starting at a low dose and working my way up. I go back to see him monday.
Dez has gone home but still needs help with meals. She is really tired and resting most of the time. She is seeing the surgeon tomorrow because she tore some of the stitches from coughing.

I thought that I would give you girls ideas for a menu that is healthy.

For dinner last night we had

strawbeery spinach salad with poopyseed dressing topped with carmelized pecans

fresh hot whole wheat bagette

vegetable cheese soup

fresh fruit salad topped with whipping cream

raspberry french toast twist (the ones advertised in ww's magazine)

Tonight we are having

ceasar salad

garlic shrimp

rice with mixed veggies

fresh peaches and whipped cream

Hope this inspired you.

ShelleyM
01-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Dee-Sounds delicious. Do you always make a 3 course meal? I can't imagine going to all that trouble. I was going to make spaghetti tonight because Becky was supposed to be home, but at the last minute her boss called her in to work, so both girls are working tonight. I just won't cook for the 2 of us. It seems such a waste of time. I commend you for cooking all the time for you and Larry.

Scarecrow91
01-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Hello all! Cousin Gayle, I hope I'm posting at the right place. Still busy, but decided to take a few minutes to at least say HI! TGIF tomorrow!!! Hopefully by then I'll be able to take a little more time and introduce myself!

Going to head out here in a bit after work and get a walk in before the snow moves in later! Will only be the 2nd time to walk this week!

Thanks for inviting me to join your group!

Bev

Deelite
01-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Shelley thank you. I always make a some sort of a salad or a coleslaw with a potein, vegetable and sometimes starch. I fill up half my plate with salad. We usually have fruit for dessert. I love to bake so changing over to fruit has been tough.
I don't find it trouble at all. If you don't make dinner do you eat anything? I have to have my 3 meals a day plus a snack. When you make spegetti do you make a salad with it.

Bev welcome to our group. I am glad that you finally posted. It will be nice getting to know you.

Sherry
01-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Welcome Bev!!! :welcome3: Any friend of Gayle's is a friend of ours!! Looking forward to knowing more about you!! What diet plan are you following? Again...Welcome..You'll love the ladies here!! :)

Dee & Shelley...I cook almost every night! A meal of meat & veggies. If I can't eat what Wayne & Drew are having then I cook something that I can have.

Hello to all :wave:

SuzyMc
01-19-2006, 10:39 PM
:welcome3: Welcome to the group Bev! :welcome3:

Dee ~ It sounds like you and I cook alike too! I most always fix a dinner with meat, potato or rice, veggies or salad. Not baking has been THE MOST difficult part of "dieting" for me. I love to bake! Before I always made some kind of bread or muffin with dinner and I usually made dessert 2 or 3 times a week I rarely do that anymore. I do still bake cookies though...no respectable grandma would be caught dead without cookies in the cookie jar! ;)

I hope the new meds do the trick and that they don't aggravate your asthma!

I spent the day packing today too. Tim is going out of town again on business Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I can't go this trip because I have a quilting class that I have to teach on Saturday, so it's another weekend home alone for me.

Cheryl ~ Sounds like it's a good thing that you're only taking one class if it requires all that reading material! What are you taking?

Janice ~ How were the pork chops? I found quite a few recipes on that site that I want to try!

Shelley ~ I sure can relate to taking care of older realitives...it's not an easy job! I hope your mom is feeling better very soon!

gdeann
01-20-2006, 01:14 AM
YIPPEEEE!! Cousin B joined the group!!!

:welcome:

I'm so happy you found us Bev! This is a great group! I LOVE all of these gals dearly! Just watch out, there are a few "wild" ones on here! :carrot: :yikes:

Suzy, I didn't realize you taught quilting. I admire anyone that can sew! I do not have the skill or patience needed.

Dee, I usually prepare a meat dish, veggie, potato, rice or pasta. We usually start off the meal with a tossed salad. I do not prepare breakfast (that is the reason pop tarts were invented) Weekdays everyone fends for lunch on their own and I usually prepare a nice dinner. Weekends I prepare lunch & dinner. We very rarely have dessert unless it is some type of fruit or something low calorie. More often I will fix a fruit dish and we will have it for a evening snack.

Sher, I'm glad your back in the swing of things! Do you hear from Deb very much? I wish she would join us back here on the board!

Cheryl, I'm sure selling your place was a huge relief! I didn't realize you were still making a rent payment etc. Maybe things will settle in now and you can concentrate on school, exercising and eating well. oh, ya, can't forget Stewart! Guess you should spend some time with him too! After all, he buys cool gifts! LOL! Tell him he did well picking diamonds!

We have snow predicted here tonight! BLAAAACK! Shelley, can I come to Florida??? LOL!

ShelleyM
01-20-2006, 06:51 AM
WELCOME TO THE FLOOZIES, BEV!:welcome3: We are so happy to have you here!! I love my dear Gayle, and any friend or relative of her's is a friend of mine!!

I always have a HUGE salad about an hour or 2 before dinner. We're talking 2 serving bowls full. When I don't make dinner, I usually just have a leftover or cottage cheese. Nobody else in the house has a salad but me. I don't allow anyone to touch my shredded lettuce!!

Gayle-Come on down!!! It is supposed to be in the 80's today.

coles
01-20-2006, 08:18 AM
:welcome: GREAT TO HAVE YOU ON THE BOARD BEV!! The more the merrier!
I made the potato pork chop recipe in the crockpot last night. It needed more spices. I think rather than the mushroom soup I will use thickened skim milk next time, so the potatoes will be regular scalloped. I liked it though. Doug wasn't crazy about it.
The anti-inflammatory I am on is Meloxicam. Not helping yet though.
I still think it is my thyroid medication causing me all these symptoms. When I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel, my Doc changed my thyroid hormone dose to a higher amount. I started having these other symptoms after that.
I have a doctor's appointment Monday, I am going to insist that he send me to a Endocrinologist (spelling). I have asked before and he just says he's looking after me. I don't think he's doing a very good job. I'm falling apart.
My cousin that had the shunt put in her back is 50. She uses a walker and is terrified of falling. She just doesn't move around at all. Very sad to see her like that and know we are the same age.
The weather today is supposed to be about 12c way above freezing. Tonight we are supposed to get a major snow storm. Winter in Canada is such fun. NOT!!

Scarecrow91
01-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the Warm Welcome!!
I'm watching it snow with big flakes, but it isn't (and not supposed to) accumulate.

To answer Sherry's ? - I am not on any particular program. That is why my dear cuzzie invited me to join ya'll - for the MOTIVATION (you all look to be doing GREAT!) and I need that Extra Support!
My New Year's resolution was to get back to drinking my water every day... (ya know "A bit of blush. A dab of lipstick. A GLASS OF WATER!) And to also get in walking at least 3 or 4 times a week. (ahem, some days are better than others!) My friend I walk with - we call it chalking! (chat/walk) - because it is our time to vent our daily frustrations!

Any ideas for meals will be GREAT - as will snacking ideas.
It is difficult making a meal for one (I am single) you know much easier to make those "drive-bys"

Well, I have used up ENOUGH space for one post! I guess that is one thing about me, I like to TALK!!

I look forward to any suggestions in my quest to "let the skinny girl OUT'!!
:coffee:

SuzyMc
01-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Gayle ~ One Saturday a month I teach a quilting class to a group of kids. It's an outreach project of the quilt guild that I belong to. Our goal is to interest young people in quilting to keep the art alive. At an average class we have anywhere between 15 - 20 girls and boys that range in age from 7 to 14.

The weather is wonderful here today! Can you believe that it's almost 60 degrees? Too bad it's not going to last...it looks as though Gayle is sending her snow on to me tomorrow. Thanks Gayle. :snow4:

Janice ~ I would think that a second opinion would be a good thing...especially if the x-rays don't show anything. Keep us posted!

Bev ~ It sounds like you are off to a great start! Good for you! I've been learning how to cook for two again and it hasn't been easy! It seems like I almost always have leftovers, but that is usually my lunch then next day, so it works out ok. I'll look through my recipes and see what might work for you. :)

Deelite
01-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Suzy are you tempted by your freshly baked cookies? I sure would be!
How long have you been quilting? There are so many beautiful quilt patterns. I love them.
Are you lonely when Tim goes out of town? I am lonely when Larry goes away on business.

Gayle your meals sounds nutrious. I try to serve 5-10 fruits and veggies a day.
Snow, snow go away come back on christmas day. That is what I think about it but it ain't going to happen that way for us. Beside our driveways it is piled up 3-4 feet high. The sun is finally shinning today.

Shelley I can't believe how much salad you can eat. I couldn't phantom eatting just cottage cheese for dinner. Mind you when Larry has been away I have eatten popcorn for dinner a number of times.

Janice I hope that the doctor gets to the root of your swelling. That isn't good.
I feel sorry for your cousin. That is so young to be so handicaped. You have to be determined to give it all you have. It is discouraging sometimes but I just won't give up.

Bev drinking water and walking is a great start to a new like. We are here for motivation and encouragement. We have all been there and are going through it too.
For dinner tonight we are having

Spinach salad with Bacon
Veal Parmesan
Cheddar Fetachini (sp?)
Mixed Veggies
Apple Sauce

SuzyMc
01-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Dee ~ Who can resist warm cookies right out of the oven? :lol: I do send most of them to the shop to have next to the coffee pot, so there are just a few here in the house. I haven't cut sweets out of my diet totally either, some days I'll have one or two others I won't have any...I know I would never be able to stick to it if I couldn't have a cookie now and then!

I've been sewing most of my life and quilting seriously for about 6 years. It's a very addicting hobby! Here's a link to a photo of my latest project... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/SuzyMc/IM002069.jpg It's a sampler quilt done in civil war era reproduction fabrics. It still needs a narrow beige border and then a larger black print border, but you get the idea.

I'm usually busy doing something when Tim is out of town, so I don't really have time to be lonely, but I don't sleep well at all without him here...neither does the dog! She paced most of the night last night waiting for him to come home! :dizzy:

Your dinner last night sounds good! I ate dinner at my son and daughter-in-law's house last night (spaghetti and meatballs, salad and garlic bread). It was a goodbye dinner for daughter-in-law #2...she is going back to California next weekend.

gdeann
01-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Lovely quilt Suzy!!!! You are very skilled! I love that it is created using civil war reproduction fabric, makes it even more special. Are you going to display it on a wall or on a bed when your finished?

Bev, I'm for taking "baby steps" just like your doing! Start by adding a little exercise & eating healthier foods, it seems like more people are successful this way compared to "jumping in with both feet" and getting burned out by something that can't become a lifestyle change. If I remember correctly, our special resident runner, Shelley, didn't start running until in her 40's....now look at her go! I'm sure she started out slow and has now made it a big part of her life.

Keep your snow Dee!!! Thank goodness we are having a mild winter! Your meal sounds yummy as usual! I do need to admit something...I have never tried veal....I can't bring myself to eat it.

Sher, how is dad doing? Is drew enjoying his last year for school? Will he be attending college? See, I'm full of questions this morning!!!! LOL!

Shelley, did you try the FF Catalina dressing chicken or pork yet? I wouldn't want a steady diet of it but it is a nice change from the usual. How is the new crockpot working out?

I'm getting ready to make a hamburger stew in the crockpot. I'm going to toss in a small amount of barley to try out on the rest of the family. I searched high & low for barley at our stores and finally found it last night. I'm really liking eating the core way. I can prepare most meals that are core and all of the family will eat them. Although I experimented the other night and made a "tropical fluff" by blending up FF cottage cheese, skim milk and lemon/lime SF jello and topping with a fruit sauce. ACTUALLY the taste was good...the texture was a bit different, I ended up getting the giggles at the table watching faces as they tried to be polite but yet identify what was in the recipe. LOL!

Everyone have a super weekend! Glad you found us Bev!

Sherry
01-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Hello :wave:

I worked last night at the municipal auditorium until 12:30. I got off my regular job & went straight there and worked! They needed someone to cashier at a concession stand. After working 16 hours yesterday, I'm beat!

Suzy...I LOVE your quilt! I have 3. One my Grandmother made, 2 my Aunt made. I wouldn't take a million dollars for them! I just hope that when I die my Sons will treasure them like I did over the years. You are so talented and gifted!

Gayle....After school, Drew wants to go to an Auto Diesel College. He loves working on cars! I guess that's ok because mechanics do make lots of money! Dad is doing very well. He had xrays done on his arm and they put another cast on.It wasn't healed yet. At his age it will just take longer. BTW:Are you still painting????

Gotta get busy on the house & laundry. I'm working AGAIN tomorrow cashiering and I need to get everything doen here. (Hey...It's Florida money!!) :carrot:

Love to all...

gdeann
01-21-2006, 11:10 PM
You are a busy little beaver, Sher! Since Drew loves working on cars, I say go for it! Some people waste years in college, get out and still don't have any idea of a career. I'm sure he will be very good at it!
Glad to hear dad is recuperating fine!!!
Haven't picked up a paint brush since last March!!! Not enough hours in the day! I did ask for and received a few painting supplies for Christmas. Hopefully, I can get back to it soon before I forget everything I've learned!

gdeann
01-21-2006, 11:28 PM
I added the beating heart, but now I lost my tracker!!! Gotta go find it!

gdeann
01-21-2006, 11:29 PM
STRANGE! Now it's back again...

SuzyMc
01-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Gayle ~ I read somewhere that the admin changed it so that your tracker will only show on your first reply on a page to help save on load times.

This quilt is going on the bed that you see in the photo...my spare room.

Sherry ~ I have two quilts that my grandma made and I wouldn't part with them for anything either!

ShelleyM
01-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Gayle-We had the pork last night. Mike really liked it. I thought is was okay. We had noodles with it. The crockpot is working out okay, although I wish it had a preset timer on it, rather than a switch to warm. How did you make the hamburger stew, and how was it?

Sherry-Your coming to Fla this summer? Is Debbie coming also?

Suzy-The quilt is beautiful!

Bev-Yes, I didn't start running until I was about 41 or 42. Now I can run up to 15 miles at a time. Speaking of---I'm going out now for anywhere from 10-13! See you on the exercise posting thread!

gdeann
01-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Shelley, I just toss a pound of extra lean ground beef (browned) in the crockpot and then add a can (drained) each of corn, green beans, diced potatoes and 1/2 cup diced onion and then add 2 cans tomato sauce and 1 can water. I season with salt/pepper/garlic powder etc. Oop's, forgot, I also add a can of petite diced tomatoes and the juice. I then let the crockpot cook all day. I like it because it is a thick stew so we never need crackers etc.
This time I added 1 serving of cooked barley to the stew about 30 minutes before serving. Not one single family member noticed! They are eating "good for you" stuff and not even realizing it! LOL!

i liked the pork recipe for a change of pace, but I wouldn't want it weekly. Everyone here had WW pasta with it, I used brown rice.

Sherry
01-22-2006, 06:44 PM
STOP!!!!!

Please Go To #64...........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!!:carrot: