Weight Loss Support - Losing for April Fools! Wk 4, Jan 16,2006

Sheri~C
01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Welcome!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 82 days (12 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.Ē Anonymous

Sheri~C
01-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Losing for April Fools, Week 4, January 16-2006

Well everyone I know you are interested in hearing about our group weight loss for last week. We currently have 94 people signed on for the challenge and 35 of you have posted your tickers over the past 3 weeks. The total amount the 35 people have lost in 3 weeks is:

:woo: 168.1 :cheer: POUNDS

So you can all give yourselves a big hug:grouphug: and CONGRATULATIONS all of you LOSERS!

It is so exciting to keep track of what everyone is doing and watching the pounds drop away. I am so proud of all of you, it takes a lot of commitment and strength to lose weight and we are all doing it!:carrot:

I found this song again after so many years and it really resonates with me now more than it ever did when it came out. It is on one of my walking playlists and you might think it is hokey but, so be it!

ďYou can bend, but never break me, causeí it only serves to make me MORE determined to achieve my final goal! And I come back even stronger, not a novice any longer, cause youíve deepened the conviction in my soul.

Oh yes I am wise but itís wisdom born of pain. Yes, Iíve paid the price, but look how much Iíve gained. If I have to I can face anything.

I am Strong, I am Invincible, and I am Woman.

Sheri~C
01-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Mofo: Welcome! We are looking forward to hearing more about you, keep posting!

Jodi: Way to Go! You are doing great, keep it up!

Dawn: Thanks for the information, I have been considering doing it and I will have to start saving soon.

Kayelle31: Welcome! It is never to late to join! We are happy to have you here and hope you will tell us a bit more about yourself.

Jailene: 2 pounds is fantastic! I know we would all love to have it just melt away overnight but it is going and it will stay gone!

Dietcokeaddict: Donít count the negatives! You walked the dog today and you will do more tomorrow, always look at what you have accomplished not at what you havenít. We can build upon success!

Sonja: Yeah! I know it feels so good not to have those cravings, I am so glad I donít have to deal with that anymore it sure helps! And I too will run someday!

Tracey: Good for You! It is hard to come in and say you have gained. I am sure it does have to do with muscle building and the exercise. I know you will show another loss soon. Donít forget to take your measurements so you can track that loss as well!

Candieangel12: Welcome! You have some great goals and we can help you achieve them!

icmethinner
01-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi Sheri -

Thanks for the quote from that song!!! It resonates with me a lot more now too! I hope you don't mind if I copy it and print it out for myself?

Enjoying the challenge - thanks for heading it up:p

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-15-2006, 09:30 PM
I am so happy that we are doing so good...Ladies you rock!!!!!!

I have a good day I did get my walk in. I have more of the soup that my DH made yesterday. I will have tomorrow off and will be looking into getting "the girls" work started...:D So I will tell you all about it when I get back for the doc. I hope you have all had a great day and keep up the super work :carrot: I know we can do it!!!!!

Leigh

** Stacye **
01-15-2006, 11:03 PM
:cb: :dance: :cp: :dancer: :carrot: :dancer: :cp: :dance: :cb:

WoW ... do WE ROCK or WHAT??? That's ALOT of pounds G.O.N.E. FOREVER ladies ... :bravo: keep up the awesome work!

I wanted to say THANKS to each one of you - you all give me the strength to continue on this journey ... so again
THANK YOU!

I know I have some personals to do and I promise to get back in just a bit to do them ... I just wanted to make sure I made it over to the new thread.

:dancer: Drink Water :carrot: Drink Water :dancer:

lindystar
01-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Hi, I'm new here, and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to join in with this challenge. Right Here on the thread? And you mentioned "placing the ticker" ? is that like the one I already have or am I supposed to enter it on the site somewhere? Oh gosh, sorry for all the questions!!
My goal is to loose 20lbs by then. I really love this site, and the idea of making a public goal is so fun, and a little scary!! I think this will really inspire me, thank you for all the work you put into this. Thank you thank you, Lindystar

gapeach01
01-16-2006, 01:08 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and I decided enough is enough. I am out of shape and weak, so my goals won't be geared toward weight loss right now, my #1 goal is to increase strength. I can barely carry groceries in without getting tired.
I just started on Billy Blanks Bootcamp, and I can do 5 minutes without passing out.

My goal is to be able to complete the 55 minute tape by April.
I'm so glad I found this site!!!!!
Mary

No2fatbabe
01-16-2006, 01:17 AM
hey ladies!! well Im new at 3fc I wana know how to get involed with you guys? My sw was 290 and I have lost 17 lbs in 2 weeks. Im so thrilled!! I need support and alot of it though. So if anyone wants to chat message me. And I wanna join the aprils goal. Thanks girls~Karmon buddah7558@yahoo.com Im in washington state!!

lindystar
01-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and I decided enough is enough. I am out of shape and weak, so my goals won't be geared toward weight loss right now, my #1 goal is to increase strength. I can barely carry groceries in without getting tired.
I just started on Billy Blanks Bootcamp, and I can do 5 minutes without passing out.

My goal is to be able to complete the 55 minute tape by April.
I'm so glad I found this site!!!!!
Mary
gapeach01,
I just wanted to say GO YOU and best of luck on your goal !!! I got out my Tae Bo tape last night, that I have never used before. OH MY. I got tired out and confused just doing the introduction, ya know the part where he shows you how to do all the moves? Gosh that stuff is confusing ! : ) I was all over the place, oh I think I am just too uncoordinated. :) I will stick with DDR. But anyways I just wanted to give you a big HOORAY !! :) for going after a great goal. Best of luck to you!!!!!!

chrmiller
01-16-2006, 10:06 AM
We do rock!!! With everyone's support here, I dropped another two lbs!!!!!!

jenn_mullett
01-16-2006, 10:19 AM
I think everyone should give their selves a pat on the back we are doing GOOD!

I went to the gym this AM to work on cardio, I am going to step tonight at the Y. I am excited/nervous about tomorrow night...weight in, I have worked so hard this week, so I am hoping for good results. I must say though, when I am exercising and eating better I actually feel better! I have so much more energy. I am excited for April to come:) I think we should post before and after shots of ourselves on April the 1st, to reflect on how far we have come. Anyways all the best girls!! Good luck in the following week!

Jennifer

racegirl78
01-16-2006, 11:25 AM
I got a nice surprise this morning...down to 151! I expected to be the same or maybe gain as I have not made great choices the last the 3 days. Maybe my body was telling me that I needed to up my calories a bit?

** Stacye **
01-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Monday Weigh-In Report ... I lost 2 lbs at the beginning of the week - looks like that's all my body had to give - but that's ok ... 2 lbs is certainly nothing to complain about! :carrot:

Lindystar :: :welcome3: This is a WONDERFUL group of girls ... you're gonna love it here!

Karmon :: :welcome3: and a HUGE congrats on losing 17 lbs the last 2 weeks ... that's Awesome!

Mary :: :welcome3: It's all about the baby steps! Keep up the hard work and you'll be finishing those 55 mins BEFORE April!

chrmiller :: :twirly: WTG ... 2 lbs is a great loss!

Jennifer :: :crossed: GL with w/i tomorrow ... no doubt you'll see a drop with all that hard work you've put in! Can't wait to see just HOW good!!

racegirl :: :flow2: Congrats on your loss this week ... but, just how much was it? LoL As for the cals ... how much are you allowing yourself right now?

:hat: To everyone else ... be back later to check in on the rest of you 'LOSERS' :D

DragonTush
01-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Congrats to everyone on their weight loss!! That is an amazing amount we've lost ladies.:carrot: We'll be able to add to that next week as I've lost another two pounds last week. Total ...8lbs since the 2nd of Jan.

You ladies are the bomb! I couldn't do this without sharing the struggles and the triumphs here. I know I'm on a high here and I know I'll reach one of those dreaded plataus eventually...I'll know how to deal with it with you all to help me through it.

Happy losing all!:D

Rivergal60
01-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Great Job all you losers!! Wish I could say I was a part of that but I've had no pounds gone. Totally my fault. I haven't been on program except for the exercise. But no more ladies, I will add to pounds gone next week. If my Dad don't stop baking I'm gonna have to start thowing the cakes out the window. He baked a strawberry cake yesterday. It was good but I'm not touching it again.

Got a busy afternoon ahead but wanted to check in before I left the house. Be back later. Everyone have a great day!
Later, :wave:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-16-2006, 01:12 PM
I just got back from my Doc and he has refered me to another doc so soon I will have the other app. I have done ok so far I did eat some grits for lunch :o I am about to step out for my walk so I am not going to stay long on here the kids have the day off to and they are buggin me to go to the park I cant wait for the other app. My doc said that it would help my back alot if I had this done. I have had alot more computer work to do and it makes my back hurt more when I sit for a long time in frount of the computer. So this will help in that department. I am not beliveing the doc scales though I will stay with mine..lol His says that I weigh more. :yikes: I know that I weighed with my cloths on and I had already ate. So I will keep useing mine. :D I like what they say more.....lol Well have a great day all....Welcome to all the new girls..:grouphug: .:hug: You are in the right place to get support and all the kind words you can handle......There nothing but good people here and we are all here to help one another..:goodvibes

Well off to walk later

chaarli
01-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Well I was doing well 3 days of being completely on plan and then one little muck up and I chuck it all in and eat again.
I think I need to get out my DrPhil book and read it again.
It doesn't help that I hurt my back at work yesterday and didn't feel like exercising even though I know that That would have been the best thing to do.
I will get back in control of this !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can do it

dsho71
01-16-2006, 03:43 PM
I have weighed in for the second week and have lost another 6 pounds!:D I was sure that I had gained this week so I was so surprised when I got on the scale. I have been dancing around the house for the entire week and then my husband and I went out this weekend to dance. That was sure helpful. :carrot: I am so happy and have been doing very well with watching what I eat and my portion sizes. I just can't wait for each week. I am going to be dancing all around the house now!:carrot: :D :carrot: :D :carrot:

Vicki in Okinawa
01-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi all,
I am not new at this. I started this back in June and have had 50 pds of success. I had a hard time through the holidays and have had a hard time getting back on the right foot. I have set a goal for April because that is when we are going on spring break. I need a weekly challenge. I would love to join the challenge. Ya'll are doing so good. This week for me, I will go to the gym five times this week. I will eat right. Thanks ahead of time for all the support.
Vicki

Sheri~C
01-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Icmethinner: You go ahead and print it out, it is Helen Reddyís ďI am WomanĒ and you can get the whole lyric off the net, just google it.

Stacye: Thanks so much for all of your personal notes and cheerleading,:cheer: it really helps a lot!

Lindystar: :wel3fc: Right here is where you join, you just set your own challenge and yes you already have your ticker in place so you are good to go! Now just come by often and post as much as you like. Making your goal public and joining a group for support is a great way to be successful!

Mary: :welcome3: What a great goal! We are all here to get healthy and strong and I may be mistaken but I donít think any of us are on a ďDietĒ lol. We are just learning how to eat and live healthy lives! You are taking a big step in the right direction, I know how you feel as I was exhausted last September after taking my son to Kindergarden. My house is only 3 houses away from the school. I now walk around the school and do at least 30 minutes of walking every day. You will soon be there too!

Karmon: :welcome: Just by posting is how you get involved! Now you set yourself a goal to reach by April 1st, it can be weight loss or exercise or just more activity. Whatever you need support with. This is a very active thread so check us daily and post often, you will get all the support you need here!

Chrmiller: Excellent, the way we are dropping pounds around here will will soon be the healthiest thread on the net!

Jennifer: That is so great! Feeling good is your reward! Donít depend on the scale too much my first week of steady exercise did not bring me much of a loss but I could tell my body was tightening up. I am hoping that this week is going to change that and am looking forward to my WI in the morning too!

Racegirl: Good going! It could well be you needed more calories in your day. I read an article that said the number 1 reason why people donít lose weight while on a ďdietĒ is that they are starving themselves.

DragonTush: Wow! It just keeps melting off, 8 pound in 2 weeks is just amazing. I know we are going to just keep losing and losing and losing!

Rivergal: The exercise is very important good for you for continuing that! I know you will find your food groove and everything will start working for you!

Leigh: Have a great day with the kids, I canít wait to hear more about the girls journey!lol

Chaarli: You will do this! You are setting up your day for success by posting here so continue on, one step at a time. You Will DO This!

Dsho71: Your enthusiasm is awesome! I love that you are dancing around the house and so happy. I have felt that way since September it is great when you take control and start treating yourself well, it makes us so strong when we do that! And 10 pounds in 2 weeks, that is Wonderful! What a great start to the week!

Vicki::welcome: We are happy to have you here! Looking forward to hearing more about you!

Sheri~C
01-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Now it is time for a new mini challenge! This week journal or log your food and exercise.

It has been documented that people who are successful at losing and maintaining their weight loss keep food logs.

If you do not already go to Fitday check it out now, it is a very handy site if you like to keep records online.

If you are already keeping a food log then keep track of every fruit and vegetable serving you are getting to make sure you are getting enough. You can also track your fiber intake. We should all be getting a minimum of 25 grams of fiber each day.

this link lists a lot of the foods and their fiber content

http://www.slrhc.org/healthinfo/dietaryfiber/fibercontentchart.html

icedragon6669
01-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi Everyone!
Keep up the good work! Billys bootcamp sounds awesome! (i have his original 4 set and loved them!) though now with a huge treadmill taking up most of my lounge room! alas not much room! The 14 y.o. boy next door was over one day and i was doing kinetic (playstation 2 eyetoy fitness game!) and i actually kicked the darn treadmill pretty hard, and was limping and cussing, and yelling, and .... well he thought it was hilarious! So maybe i need to move the treadmill!! NAH!!! if it is in my way i get more motivated to use it since it is right there! LOL! It makes me guilty being there! It calls to me "i am here, you bought me? I am taking up all your space? hadn't you better use me?"

oK enough of my weirdness! I did another run outside yesterday, without falling over, did a better time, feel awesome! 5km in 34 min!!!!!
Today might be a weights workout, if i get time (my DD has an ECG to get done! and last time it took HOURS!), If i can't get it in today(weights), it will be tomorrow!

I journal food and excercise anyhow! couldn't live without it now! It is a wonderful tool for keeping track of yourself!for those that don't it is well worth trying!

168 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(that must be my word to today AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Im A Loser
01-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey everyone.

I see you're all doing well. I haven't posted in a while...my bad :(

On the bright side I've lost 2 lbs this week for total of 3 lbs lost for this current challenge.

The weight seems to be coming off much slower now that I'm much lighter but as long as it keeps coming off rather than going on I'm happy.

Good luck everyone. We can do it :)

lindystar
01-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi, icedragon6669,
You are so funny !! Drop kicking a tredmill is something that I can so see myself doing. I am Klutzilla. Anyways, I am really curious about the kenetic thing. I read on the net that you need a whole lot of space, and really good lighting. Is it worth the money? And do you get a good sweat?

Great job on the 2 lbs gone, and WOW, go you on the 5k. I'm not sure how far that is, I'm kind of dumb at that whole conversion thing. But it sounds far, and you did really great!!

I too keep a food journal. I keep track of everything. Calories, exercise, fiber, and calcium.

Oh!! And ladies, I right down in my journal something that I am proud of everyday. Like "I'm proud I did 10 min extra exercise" That sort of thing. It makes me feel good about myself to find something to be proud of EVERY day. Sometimes it might be " I'm proud I only ate half the cheescake, even though I could have eaten the rest, and I really wanted too." :)
But at least on the bad days I can get a laugh trying to come up with something. :)

Keep up the great work ladies, I will try hard to add some lbs. to our total !!

sunshine06
01-16-2006, 05:52 PM
WOW That loss is awesome!! We are kickin' some *&#- very cool.
Welcome to all that have joined, the way I look at it, the more the merrier, and I will get even MORE motivation.
Have been staying on track, and very proud of myself. Lots of challenges over the weekend. I did discover that having plain fruit smoothie everyday was probably the reason that the scale was not moving. So I switched to TOTAL with Strawberries and a banana, very filling too. I had to check to be sure I was getting enough calories too. Just wish I could take it off as fast as I put it on.
Tomorrow I am going to work out at Bally's I signed up for the National Body Challenge and you get an eight week free membership. Not one very close to my house, but I am going that way a couple of times a week, so that is good. Will help to break up the monotony a bit. They have a pool, so I will swim, and get on the elliptical, which I love!!
Keep up the great work everyone!!;)

yukimfat
01-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Congratulations, fellow losers :carrot: :bravo: :carrot: We are on a roll.

To all the new people joining in :welcome: :balloons: This thread is awesome.

I had a really good week. The only meal that I went off my plan with was pizza on Saturday night. But, even that wasn't bad. I restricted myself to 2 slices from a medium sized Pizza Hut Meatlovers pizza, one bread stick and 8 ounces of Pepsi (not diet). In the past I would have easily have eaten more than twice as much and am glad I know that I can stop when I feel full.

Doing good with my journal. Have written in it everyday, except for 3 days, since I started. It includes my exercise and food intake.

Here's to an awesome week for everyone. Let's have an :encore: for next Monday's report.

racegirl78
01-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Stacy---I lost a total of 3 lbs. I was at 1100-1200 per day for about a week, but this weekend I was around 1500-1700, but I could have made better choices, no matter what my cals were ;)

dawn7672
01-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi, girls

I have had a great wkend. I have been alittle under my fiber count the last couple of days, but I need to look at my food choices and determine what I need to eat more of that I was consuming before. I started with the personal trainer today, and I must say it was a good work out. Alot of wt. lifting, working those triceps and lower back muscles:dizzy: . I worked as hard as possible. I will be going back on friday, so I'll go to curves tomorrow, and thurs. and Sat. and continue to do my videos during the rest of the day. I haven't walked since last thursday, and I will do that the next couple of days, hopefully getting in atleast 7.5 miles. I will not be able to check in until friday do to my upcoming work schedule, but you will all be in my head and my heart. Have a good wk.:hug:

dgpebbles
01-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Wow..168lbs already gone and staying gone...great job everyone

I"m down 1.5lbs this week...Glad mine started moving again..I was stuck for about almost 2 weeks..

Sheri~C
01-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Sonja: 5 K = 3.11 miles for those Americans on board! Lol . So 34 minutes to do 3.11 miles is awesome. Right now I am doing .30 of a kilometer in 25 minutes. So maybe someday I will reach your level! Since you already journal how about weighing and measuring your food for a couple of days just to see if you are over or under estimating what you think you are serving.

Im A Loser: Good job! 2 pounds is great! Come more often and post a little bit about what you are doing for activity and what is working for you!

Lindystar: Great idea to write something positive you have to be proud of every day! I am going to start doing that too!

Sunshine: Good for you! You are moving right along and finding better choices for your smoothie is great! Exercise at the gym is great too!

Yukimfat: Another pizza success, someday I will get there too I hope! Keep up the journal and the exercise!

Dawn: I am glad you enjoyed your workout with the trainer and you are doing other exercise as well! You are strong!

Donna: It always shows at the scale sooner or later, good job! What is your total down now?

I have had a good week. I stayed dead on program until last night when I had an intense urge for some candy and used 10 flex points on jelly beans and other assorted junk. Oh well it had to happen sometime at least I was within my points.

On the positive side I made my sonís favorite food for his Birthday dinner tonight (weinersnitzel) and I only had 1- 4.5 ounce piece. :carrot: I used to eat at least a pound of it along with oven roasted potatos or French Fries. So I have come a long way as it is also my favorite meat dish. And I only ate 3 ounces of the oven fries which were made with less than 1 tsp of oil for each person.

I will be back after WI tomorrow and will hopefully have a whole number this week. I am going to continue to eat on program and as clean as I can for this week. Stay Strong!

AnVy1221
01-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi all. I've had a busy weekend so I've been away from the boards. DH turned 31 this weekend and we had a party for him on Saturday and then people "dropped by" on his birthday on Sunday and then again today so I have had three days of eating garbage. My home gym is on the fritz so for my workouts I am forced to use dumbbells only (which restricts me a lot) but I did go swimming today for an hour. There was a guy at the pool that had an mp3 player that attached to his goggles and he could hear his tunes while doing laps! I was amazed - I gotta get me one of those!

bigmamatita
01-17-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm happy to report that I lost 2.2 lbs this past week! I've been eating great I just need to step it up on the workouts. Well I was also sick this weekend so I couldnt get any exercise in but I maintained my calorie intake between 1000-1200 so thats good. Hope to report back soon! Good Job Ladies you all are doing so wonderful, I'm so excited!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Gm all :hug:

I did good yesterday on my eating untill last night I cooked fried chicken for the kids and I could not stand it I had to have some I only ate one chicken leg and I did not get my snack last night. Oh well today is a new day and I am doing well so far
B Toast (whole wheat bread) 2
Milk 2 cups
Water 8oz

snack bar

I am going to eat out for lunck will have a salad with some grilled chicken on it..I not sure what I will have for supper it may be hambugers.

Will walk and do my workout so thats my day today..

I hope you all are well and have a great day

Leigh

Danzer5570
01-17-2006, 12:33 PM
AHHHH!!! I just typed a huge post and then the stupid server said it was too busy!! :mad: GRRRRR.

Well, here's what i said in a nutshell i guess...

I haven't posted here in a while, probably cuz I haven't been doing too great. This weekend was horrible...I totally binged...like REALLY bad. I had some personal relationship problems on Friday night, and then I binged all weekend cuz I was sad and mad...and just about every emotion. And I just wanted to drown myself in McDonald's and other fatty foods. Not to mention, my dad went out of town this weekend and my mom bought TONS of junk food, including mountain dew (my weakness)(and not just cans...the huge 24 oz. bottles)....even though she KNEW i was on a diet. :mad: It made me mad, but I still ate pretty much everything in sight. I'm afraid to even step on the scale. :(

Ugh...and I already cracked open a mountain dew this morning. And Saturday night I had lots of drinks and got drunk with my friend. AND I haven't exercised. I exercised yesterday, but I couldn't even get through the whole video. I did Billy Blanks Cardio Circuit 1, and only got through 20 minutes of the 45 minute video. I know that's not so bad, but usually I can get through something like that. Now my back and abs are so sore today I can hardly move. So I'm not exercising AGAIN today. I DID get Jillian's "Winning by Losing" book yesterday, read through the whole thing, and I must say I am really excited to get started on the 12-week circuit training program.

Sorry to be such a downer. I have lost 2 pounds so far throughout this plan (I've only been on it about 2 1/2 weeks), and my clothes are starting to feel a little looser. And everyone is doing awesome on all the losses :carrot: I just wish I had that much luck. Sometimes it's not very encouraging to see how much weight everyone else is losing, and i've only lost 2 pounds. But I know I'm not that much overweight so it'll take me a little longer. But keep up the great work everyone

MommaAshley
01-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

I know most of you don't know me, but I am a participant in this challenge. MY name is Elizabeth, I am 30 years old and am on The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!

I have lost an additional 2 lbs towards my weightloss. :carrot:
Here are my stats:
SW: 274 (as of Jan 1st 2006
CW: 261
GW: 150

I am eating 1200 calories a day, cut out sodas, exercising and just being overall healthy !!

Congrats to you All and Keep up the Good Work !! :bravo:

Sheri~C
01-17-2006, 04:27 PM
:carrot: :carrot: Oh, Yeah! I did it!:carrot: :carrot: Finally I have some whole numbers to put up on my ticker! WI this am and I am down 4.4 pounds That means I am only 2.8 pounds away from a total of 50! WHOO HOO! I am feeling good and strong and I am ready to kick some butt!

After eating clean and being ever so careful to get in all my veggies, fruits and fiber last week, I know that I can do it again this week so I get that 50 pound magnet!

I am WOMAN hear me roar!:lol

AnVy1221: Good to hear you are finding alternate exercise. I have never seen an mp3 for the water! I need to look into that!

bigmamatita: Good job! 2.2 pounds is great! You keep it up and soon you will be feeling so good!

Leigh: I chicken leg is not that bad, you could have eaten more but you didn't. Find the positive and go on from there!

Heather: It is really important that when you are feeling bad and not staying on track that you come here! That is why we are all here so we can support and encourage each other. I am glad you finally came back and shared with us! You need to stop feeling like you are not doing as well as anyone else! 2 pounds is great and it is gone! You have to find a positive space to get back on track. Success builds on success and your first success is coming here and posting, now you can build on that. Your second success is reading Jillians book, now you have 2 positive things to build on. I know you can find more. Decide to not have anymore MD and find something that tastes good that is not calorie heavy. Like the new fruit flavored waters that are sweetened with sucralose. It is a good alternative to pop and 0 calories.

You can get on track and you can get into a groove where everything is working for you but you need support. You can do this and we can help!

Think of at least one thing that you did today that is positive, from parking the car farther away in the parking lot to saying no to a treat and write down what you are doing that is positive. Then write down all the negative things you have done and crunch that paper up in a ball and throw it out, that negative behaviour is gone and you are starting fresh!

Elizabeth: Glad you stopped in to post, You are doing great! You have a plan and it is working! That is such a great start to reaching your goal! We look forward to hearing more from you soon!

AnVy1221
01-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Way to go Sheri C!! 4.4 pounds is awesome!!! You will be getting your 50 pound magnet before you know it - keep up the great work! :carrot: :carrot:

I am doing much better today. I got my exercise in, I've been drinking my water and eating my veggies (mmmm fiber!) and I am 100% back on program with my eating.

jenn_mullett
01-17-2006, 07:25 PM
I went to WW tonight, and I lost 5.2 pounds!!! I am pumped! Thats all tonight girls!

icedragon6669
01-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Lindystar, I find Kinetic enjoyable! but it does not really work me hard! I use it to warm down from a weights session. But on its 12 week program it starts off with only 20 minutes 3-4 times a week, and builds up to 40-60 min 5 times a week. It breaks each session up into. a warm up, then a cardio game, then a yoga type game (slow but rythmic), then you choice an optional 10 min routine, then a stretch. (But i cheat and only like the games !)
The games are fun! I do not have a lot of space? but it is ok (in metric my lounge room floor space is only like a 3m square, i think that is about 3.5 yards square) I thought it would be more of a complete excercise program though! and i wish i could up the times of the sessions, one cardio session is 10 minutes! I would happily put it up the 20! but you cannot.
There is only 2 different trainers, And so far using the same trainer it is the same warm up every time, which sux, and only 2 different sound tracks to pick for each game. Very limited?
For the money i would only rate it 5 out of 10.
And it will not work in dim light (DH got up early the other morning and could not use it! in dawn light even with all our lights on!), but it has an option for dim light? but i have never used that option, so you could not do it at night!
Generally I am not too impressed in it! But i have it and will continue to use it.

Sheri - nearly at 50 pounds! wow that is great! you should be proud! And funny you say about measuring and weighing food!!! I have been looking into getting some digital scales, as i only estimate when it comes to food portions, and that was next on my list to buy! LOL! I actually think i over count my calories to make sure they are all counted for! So if i have a 1500 day, it might in reality be only 1350-1400!

Heather - put it behind you, work out your plan of attack! and stay positive!
I too am an emotional eater, but i found the best way to deal with it was to go for a walk! and then by the time i got back, i had calmed down enough not to binge! It is tough! It took me knowing what set off the eating, and putting some other habits in that place! I had a list on my fridge of things to do instead of binging! like - take a long bath, read a book, watch a movie, go for a walk, go for a swim, visit a friend..... You may have had a bad day but you are back!

jenn_mullett
01-17-2006, 09:46 PM
I just wanted to mention that at the gym I go to it has different fitness classes (step, yoga, belly dancing, ect..), and they are really fun alternatives rather then going on the dreaded treadmill. I also find It works me alot harder!

I have noticed that people are having some very good results so congrats to you all. I know that this road aint easy, and we all cave into our cravings at some point. I read here some place some one said if you 'think' you are hungrey have a salad (or something really healthy), and if you dont want it then you are not hungry at all. Another thing to remember is that the weight is not going to disappear over night. I tell myself I did not get this big over night, so I am not going to loose it all over night. Loosing weight is a slow process, and it is a lifestyle change! So those who have been a little off track dont get too down on yourself, tomorrow is a new day:) A good time to change.

jenn

Danzer5570
01-18-2006, 12:57 AM
i'd just like to thank everyone for the great support! :hug: i love it here. and sheri, i'll definitely post more often!! you're right...it's not a good idea to stop posting when i'm having a hard time. i'm going to make it a point to post every day...even if i'm falling off the wagon, cuz the support here is amazing.

thanks again!! :carrot:

Danzer5570
01-18-2006, 12:59 AM
hey, where's my signature? :?:

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-18-2006, 08:40 AM
GM
I am doing well so far I have to go shopping so today will be alittle off cause I dont have my reg lunch stuff..I am working on getting more protein in and still walking and working out. I have got my app with the boob doc :carrot: .
I will be going on the 30th to take "the girls" to see what he says.. I will keep all of you up to date on whats going on with that..I am ready to fine out what he will say..

If any one of you have yahoo and need a one on one buddy to work with message me...I need a buddy to push me and be a friend..I love chat and do it all the time. I need a g/f to hang with and share the ups and downs of the weight loss thing..I am big into yahoo...Just let me know..

Leigh

Jailene
01-18-2006, 10:15 AM
hi ladies, sorry, i know i am a horrible poster.......

so the inevitable has happened, i went home last night and pigged out. i ate on program, lol, but i ATE. felt gross and bloated after, ate 500 calories over my limit.

okay, heres what amazed me the most though. i still didnt eat what my body burns in a day. i wasnt over enough to eat more than i burned. so now i am wondering truthfully, HOW MUCH WAS I EATING BEFORE TO GET ME TO THIS POINT? what an eye opening experience. i dont think i realized how much food i was actually consuming in a day, and what junk it was........

FishWoman
01-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Hello, ladies!

I was away on vacation and am finally back in the office. We went on a 7-day cruise and I gained only 1 pound!!! (I haven't changed my ticker though,:o I am pretty sure I can drop that pound by my next weigh-in. If not, I will submit to telling the truth on my ticker!)

I didn't go back through all the previous posts, but i see that everyone seems to be doing well today. I have to go shopping tonight and buy more fruit, yogurt, and vegetables. We tossed everything perishable before we left.

I am attaching a couple of pictures if y'all are interested.

Fluffy_Fiona
01-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately, I can't add my weight loss yet because I don't have a scale to weigh myself with! I really should buy one.
I visit my in-laws every 2 weeks and they have a scale and I weigh myself there. Last time I weighed in was Friday the 13th :D So, I should be able to weigh myself on the 27th.
In a way it is good that I don't have a scale because I know me...I would probably be weighing myself 20 times a day!
I'm still doing my walking of approx. 2 miles a day Monday to Friday. Saturday and Sunday are my days "off" but usually I am doing a lot of house cleaning so I still get kind of a work out.
I feel like my legs are getting stronger and I swear my pants are feeling a little looser...though it could be wishful thinking. I guess we will see on the 27th. Maybe I can weigh myself sooner.

sunshine06
01-18-2006, 02:59 PM
looks like everyone is doing pretty well. Just don't get discouraged, they say this is about the time that everyone gives up on their New Years Resolutions. DON'T GIVE UP. WE CAN DO THIS. I refuse to give up like I have in the past, I want to look great for many functions this year and I will. :D
I think I am gonna start sending DH to the grocery store. WOW what a threat that place is. Especially since you have to go through the bakery to get to the meat. I was able to resist, just wish I could eat that stuff with no repercussions. I have too many friends that can eat junk like that and not gain a pound. But I have to remember that my body is not like that and those calories are not worth it.
I love coming here and checking in. Such great motivation and for me almost competition to just keep going!
I am staying on track and been planning meals for the week in advance which is working out for everyone in my house. Finally, no one is complaining or whining, "What's for dinner?"
Stopped working out with Billy and just focusing on cardio on the treadmill for now, til I get some more lbs down.
You guys are awesome listeners!!!;)

** Stacye **
01-18-2006, 06:40 PM
My goodness, a girl can miss a day or two here, come back and be TOTALLY lost!! lol I have some reading to catch up on so I'll be back to do some personals in a bit ... from what I've seen on this page, looks like everyone's still doing pretty darn good! *Doin' a lil dance* :carrot: Yipparoo!

Sheri :: Congrats on getting to change that ticker ... it's such a good feeling isn't it! You've done such a good job, keep up your hard work!

FishWoman :: Looks like you had a great time on the cruise ... thanks for sharing some pics with us!

chaarli
01-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Okay I just need to vent.:devil:
I belong to another message board that I've been participating in since 2004. They have the option to receive email notification of posts the same as we do here.
This year I decided not to receive daily emails as I check the forums everyday anyway and what's the point.
The girl who started the board up has said if we don't rreceive the daily emails then we can leave because it is a participation group.
I still participate but I just don't want to get the emails AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I'm also not doing so well on the food front. My DH has had some health issues that we have been trying to resolve and I've been stress eating..Yeah I know bad excuse.
I'm going to sit down tomorrow, which is Friday here and try to plan out a food plan properly.
I don't know if it's just that I'm sick of "dieting" that keeps me going overboard or if I just need to rethink about what I'm doing.
Exercise isn't the problem I walk 2 miles 5 times a week and I do okay with my water too.
But I can't seem to get the food resolved.
If I think I'm on a "diet" then if I have 1 tiny thing wrong I feel as if I've screwed it up and then I blow it big time and just keep eating.
But if I try to just eat "normally" I still end up letting things get out of control.
HELP!!!
I also can't seem to get out of weighing once or sometimes even twice a day and I know this isn't helping because if I weigh less then I think Yeah I can eat more today..but if I put on then I think Oh well what does it matter I'll just eat whatever I want cause I'm not losing weight anyway.
Isn't it amazing how we sabotage ourselves.

Anyway thanks for letting me vent I'm going to go and change my ticker back to reflect my true weight again which means heavier than when I started and I'm going to try really hard not to weigh til next weekend.

willbthin2006
01-19-2006, 02:41 AM
OK I JUST STARTED TODAY (1/19/06) AND I DONT KNOW WHAT MY GOAL IS FOR APRIL FOOLS I JUST HOPE I LOSE A LOT!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar027/fireworks01/lb/0/130/1/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

kathyhegg
01-19-2006, 04:09 AM
The scales moved this morning, woohoo. Down another kilo. Finally. I have also now lost 10cm off my waiste, and 8 off my hips. In 4 weeks. Soo happy.

Kathy

HappyWife
01-19-2006, 04:18 AM
Count me in for the 12 week challenge. My goal is 20# down by April 1.

Mom2LibnAustin
01-19-2006, 07:48 AM
I am at a loss for words!! You ladies are amazing!

I'd like to join your challenge if you'll have me. I'm going to go create a special April Fool's ticker now. :)

Miaka
01-19-2006, 08:29 AM
I want to lose 15 lb by April 1st. I know it doesn't sounds like a lot but it is the last 15lb and it's getting harder by the pound. I want to start on the journey to maintain my weight in April!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-19-2006, 08:38 AM
I am sorry to hear about you DH I hope he is better soon...Just keep trying you will get it dont let the small things bother you to much...Keep going....Keep working on your goal!!!!! YOU OWN THIS!!!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-19-2006, 10:24 AM
I am going to let you all know that I may be MIA on some days I have a big thing going on at work...I have the IHA the International Homewares show in Chicago, IL Its big for my company and I am the one person who makes all the product for it so I will be bussssssyyyyyy!!!!!!I will try to post as offten as I can..

jenn_mullett
01-19-2006, 05:48 PM
I feel that since I have joined WW the weeks are so long! I feel like I just can't wait until weigh in day, lol. I guess it just takes so long to get the results you want:( But the thing is, that sometime soon we will be there! I ate good today, I was on clinical all day (and class in 15 mins) so I never had the chance to exercise but I will tomorrow! Last night was my bf's b-day so we went to pizza delight, and I over did it, and used like 20 of my flex points. I wonder how something can really be a lifestyle change? I mean every now and then you just need something good to eat. Needless to say I feel so guilty:( I dont want to crash!

Jenn

reshiegirl
01-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone... I had my weigh in tonight. I was HOPING for 4 pounds, but I wasn't so great over the 3 day weekend at sticking to my points (I am doing WW) - sooooo I am happy with my loss of 2.8 :)

That brings me to six for the last two weeks, and only 24 to go for my April Fool's goal!!

My goals for this week are to stick to my points over the weekend and to make sure I exercise at least 4 days this week... a newbie, so I am shooting for 20 minutes total for each day.

Good luck to everyone and big congrats to all losers!!! :)

Hugs,
Dawn

AnVy1221
01-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi all, I've been reading this thread but haven't posted in a couple of days.
Dawn: I am right there with you. My goal is to get through the weeken without sabotaging myself. I did terrible over the 3-day last weekend and it has come back to bite me! I know I didn't honestly eat enough food to gain the 5 pounds reflected on the scale but it's still a bummer to see. I am back on program and I'm hoping all the water I'm drinking will flush some of that bloat out so that I can post a loss after my weigh in at the end of the week. If not, it's ok - I know that I did it to myself and I am working on doing better.

Sheri~C
01-19-2006, 10:13 PM
AnVy1221: Good job getting back on track!

Jenn: 5.2, Whoo Hoo! Awesome, wonderful, fantastic!

Jailene: It is amazing when you come to realize what you were really eating!

Fishwoman: That looks great, I can tell you had a great time!

Fiona: You are doing great, getting in activity is so important, keep it up!

Terri: You have a great plan in place and it is probably a good idea to wait a bit before you take Billy on, whew! I know I am not ready for him yet!

Chaarli: Good for you! Putting all of that down was a great step in facing the stumbling block. Stop thinking you are on a diet, you are eating to become a healthy person, that doesn’t mean you have to deny yourself anything, so tell yourself that. Take the scale and give it to a friend to keep until you can manage things. When I used to diet I was always having a hard time. I think of it as renovating my body from the inside out and I am not even putting the weight loss first, it is just an added bonus to taking care of myself.

Willbethin2006: Welcome, come often and let us know a bit more about you. No need to set a firm goal until you are ready!

Kathy: You are rockin’ girl! Keep it going!

Jaynee: Welcome, That is a great goal and we will help you get there!

Kim: Welcome, you will have a great time here!

Miaka: There are no goals that are not a challenge, you set it yourself so that you have a good idea if it is achievable. 15 pounds is a great start!

Jenn: You say every now and then you need something good to eat. What is it you are missing on program? I eat everything I love, I haven’t changed the foods much at all except to quit artificial sweeteners and refined sugars and flours. Tell me what you don’t think you can have and I will get you a way to make it so you can.

Dawn: You are doing great! 2.8 Is wonderful! Keep it going I know you can!

Sorry I have not made it in much the last couple of days lot's of personal stuff happening that has kept me away from the computer. You are all doing so well! We are going to rock this thread this week!

Please make sure that you update your tickers or post your total weight loss by Sunday morning so I can get everyone all updated and totaled for the Monday thread. I know this week is going to knock your socks off! I never imagined that we would have this many people join or continue on and you are all so commited that it really keeps my motivation up and I am working hard to eat clean.

I really want to get the 2.8 off this week so I get my 50 pound magnet and then I can relax and not think about weight for the next few weeks. I started at the gym today and found that I am really about as strong as a knat. I am going to make sure that I work on building my strength up over the next few weeks so I don't feel like a sick 90 year old woman!

You all keep doing what you are doing and stay strong!

Kamitwi
01-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Hi everyone! I'd like to join your challenge, it seems great!

My name's Kristen, and I've been trying to lose weight since...oh, forever! I've been successful overall, but recently I've had some setbacks (40 pounds worth!) and I'm back on these forums looking for support and like minded people to help and to help me work hard to reach my goals.

Since it's the end of January when I'm joining this challenge, I'd like to set my goal to lose 25 pounds by April 1st.

Glad to be involved, good luck everyone!

Sheri~C
01-20-2006, 09:43 AM
kamitwi: Welcome! We are glad to have you here! The more people we have the better we will all do. Looking forward to hearing more about you.

Loser2B
01-20-2006, 12:27 PM
I have been bad about checking in, but I have lost 12 lbs so far. 18 lbs to go to meet my goal for April 1st!

tlm5285
01-20-2006, 12:45 PM
hi how do I get two trackers? I would like to lose 30lbs by April... I will post on Monday... is that right?
:)

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-20-2006, 12:48 PM
just click on any tracker and it will take you right to it....just put in the info

icedragon6669
01-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi All!

I am here to confess my sins! and hopefully someone will give me a kick in the behind, and haul me back on track!

I had 3 bad days, got through dinner, all fine, then just felt like eating more junk! since the house is still full of junk food (post christmas!) there is a lot to get my hands on! I wish i could get a fail safe enviroment, but with Dh and kids! I have tried! But I have the ruling when shopping now that no new junk foods come into the house, until all at home is eaten! Dh will buy a huge block of chocolate but it takes him months to eat it! It is so hard to be the only family member to have a problem with food! And yet have so much left over from christmas!

I still got a treadmill run in yesterday, and it was tough, and still want to do weights today, i am not throwing the towel in! It has taken me too long to get here!
But today my motivation level is at an all time low! I am tired, miserable.....
At the moment it would be really easy just to give up!

I hate feeling like this!

Sheri~C
01-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Sonja: We all get to this place and it is hard to move past if we can't forgive ourselves for what we have done. It is over now and you are starting fresh. I know the worst times for me have always been when I feel like I cannot have something I want.

I don't get urges to eat the food that the boys and dh eat because I would rather pamper myself and buy 1 ounce of very good chocolate and enjoy it with a friend when we have coffee, I don't share I get and ounce for her too!

I eat popcorn with butter every week too, 9 cups of air popped corn with 45 grams of real melted butter and that is my salty treat. Since I know I can have these whenever I want them I can sit and have a cup of tea while dh eats a whole large bag of tortilla chips with salsa and not want to grab the bag from him.

Have you been including treats for yourself or have you been denying yourself that "indulgence"?

I have found a lot of the women at my meeting are so surprised when I say that I eat everything I love and don't have cravings. They say they are eating veggies all day long and they are starving at night. They say they never get anything "good" to eat.

Make sure you are giving yourself permission to enjoy your food, it makes it much easier to walk past the goodie cabinet.

Now for the kick in the butt. I don't know if I told you this but when I reached my all time low it was because I could feel the fat on my upper legs starting to hang down around my knees. That was the big motivator for me to get back to WW. I know you cannot imagine just how grossed out and disgusted this made me but I do know that you have a story like mine the reason why you put an end to the bad habits, the reason you decided to live healthy and strong. I know you want to become a police officer and climb mountains and be a great example and motivator for your children.

I know you have been a great motivator for me! You are so strong and so determined that I realized that I can get up and move that I will be able to climb mountains of my own someday!

You are a very powerful woman, strong and extraordinary!

Miaka
01-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Sheri! I definitely need it. Although people around me have been making comments about how I donít need to lose the last 15lb. I set out to do something and I intend to finish it, no matter how long it takes. But it does feel like itís taking a long time. Since I donít view this is a temporary solution, but a new lifestyle.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-20-2006, 10:05 PM
I had a good day today and I keep my cals at 1234. I need to get more water in tomorrow I have not drink as much as I need to but I will take care tomorrow...I hope all have had a good day and a better one tomorrow...

ok can I put tomorrow in here one more time.....lol

Kamitwi
01-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi all, just here to say that I HATE PERIODS! I stepped on the scale this morning and I'd gained 3-4 pounds! I was confused and devastated until I realized that my period should be starting today or tomorrow. UGH! Otherwise, I've been doing good on the eating (5-6 small meals a day, trying to get a full balance of veggies, carbs, fruits, protein) but I've been terrible about exercizing. I work swing shift, and I can't seem to get myself up in the morning. Once I get home from work, I manage to reason that it's too late.

jenn_mullett
01-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Hello girls! I had a good day today:) Just waiting for Tuesday to roll around again! I reward myself for the weight loss and bought myself a DVD that I wanted. On most diets I alls reward myself with food...which really shouldnt be the reward.

I have a question for you sheri: how do you not feel guilty when you indulge in something you really like? Every time I have something on my flex points I feel guilty, it has almost been ingraned in me that if I eat things I want then I am not on a "diet", and therefore ultimatly not going to loose weight. I think somewhere in my head I have to realize I am not on a diet, this is a lifestyle change.

Jenn

icedragon6669
01-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks Sheri

I think we all get moments when we just feel like giving up!
Yes I have way too far to go back! **** i am 108 pounds from my highest, i would be nuts to willingly go back to that!
I just need to take it one day at a time! yesterday wasn't so good ! i had a family dinner! with 3 SIL's ... that is hard! but today i am back in the right mind set! re-analysing my goals, and still working towards them!
I need to lose the mindset of good and bad foods, and look more into having some in a smaller portion size. It is hard to break habits that come all the way from your childhood though!
I do tend to deny foods, as i know i have a problem stopping at one helping! I think a lot also depends on moods! When you are in the mood to give up you tend to want to forget all the things you have tried to re-learn! Must control my moods! LOL (mission impossible!)
I also need to lose the mindset that once i have had a bad day i am not instantly 280 pounds again! And one bad day does not have to lead to another and another.
I even notice in what clothes i wear, when i am feeling down, i tend to wear clothes that are plain, (what i used to call my fat clothes)! and that is silly! I need to snap out of that mindset!

Onward to my goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks
sonja

Sheri~C
01-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Jenn: I cannot feel guilt for something that is not wrong. To choose to eat an ounce of chocolate or a serving of cheetos is not a bad thing. I want to live a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life I need to learn to have the occasional poor food choice without feeling bad about it.

When I first started in September I ate treats several times a week; sometimes several times a day. The more I have learned about how to build my new healthy body the less of those poor choices I make. That is not to say that I don’t still have an ounce or two of my favorite kettle chips or some very fine chocolate and I do eat my popcorn pretty much each and every week.

But knowing that I can have anything I want whenever I want has taken the “need” to have it away. Oh, I still think about a serving of fries when I smell them cooking at Wendy’s and most times I will choose not to have them. But when I do want them I make sure that it will work into my day.

I figure if I am going to eat fries then I need to add a couple of cups more vegetables to the day to balance things out. I once read somewhere that if you are eating without enjoyment you should not be eating. So I eat everything for enjoyment and I do not eat a single thing I do not like.

It is amazing how easy it is to make good choices when you are not denying yourself anything, it just seems to come naturally. I have stopped "living to eat" and now eat to live. I am not on a diet and I never will be on one again, living healthy and becoming healthy are my goals; fortunately weight loss happens to be a side effect of that.

Sonja: You have got it back under control!

yukimfat
01-21-2006, 10:34 PM
To choose to eat an ounce of chocolate or a serving of cheetos is not a bad thing. I want to live a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life I need to learn to have the occasional poor food choice without feeling bad about it.

Excellent point Sheri. I am also indulging on occasion. I like the "bad foods" too much to give them up completely. Instead, I am teaching myself portion control. I don't want to spend the rest of my life never being able to have my favorite treat because it is not healthy. I want to lose weight to be happy with how I feel, and look, not miserable because all I can eat are celery and carrot sticks, and such.

jenn_mullett
01-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Sheri, I think it will take me a few weeks to get in that mine set that you have to indulge without feeling guilty every once in a while. It is mearly impossible to live off lean protien, veggies, and whole wheat....sometimes a little fat and simple carbs can go a long way:) Not saying I dont indulge once a week, i just feel terrible about it and I hate that!

Jenn

yukimfat
01-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Weigh in

I lost 3 pounds this week.

chaarli
01-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah
Finally a loss. 1 pound down and on my way.

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-22-2006, 01:47 PM
No loss for me this week...oh well I will try for next week and I will be working harder on it I am still hanging in and not going to let the small stuff get to me I have had a bad weekend...BUT still moveing...good job on the other losses ladies keep it up I will be joining you soon I hope..

Later

dietcokeaddict
01-22-2006, 03:41 PM
I biked today! and I ate in my calorie range!!! (the extra weight i had put on was from TOM, and now im back to the start... but at least i haven't gained.)

dgpebbles
01-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Great job Ladies...Way to go...Looks like we are all on our way to hitting our goals..I will be weighing in tomorrow...I've been eating really good and I only missed one day of exercise...

icedragon6669
01-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey Everyone...
Inspired, happy, go get 'em ice is BACK in the building!!!!!!!

After all the misery all the problem was... (is) that i was anemic! (AGAIN!)
I have had big problems before with it , at one stage my blood iron level was 5 (mg i assume) when it needs to be at least 200!
The doctor was amazed i was still on my feet that day!
I am not a big red meat eater! and for some reason i cannot assorb iron easily! I keep getting told just to stay on iron tablets for the rest of my life, but after a few months i start forgetting, then i feel better so i just stop!
I will have some bloodwork done today and i will find out in the next day or so, but the doctor is certain, and knowing the problems i have had i should have seen it!! I started taking iron tablets yesterday again, and yes today i feel better! the energy is back, and i want to do some excercise!

If anyone has any problems, i would suggest going to the doc, and getting that bloodwork done!

With allowing myself treats, my version of that is making my usual foods, but making them healthier! like this morning i had french toast.! 1 egg, 1/4-1/2 cup no fat milk, 1 teaspoon splenda(mixed together), 2 slices multi-grain bread, and cooked with cooking spray on the pan.
Still tastes the same, but no guilt!
Or instead of chips or fries, i like to make wedges! cut up the potatoes, cook in microwave until 1/2 cooked, put them in a bag with some herbs/spices (packet of taco seasoning is yum) shake them around to coat them. them put them on a tray, spray with cooking spray, and cook in the oven on high until crunchy.

Feels good to be smiling again!

jenn_mullett
01-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Congrats to all on your weight loss success! It is fabulous how well everyone is doing!! I am still waiting for Tuesday to complete my weigh in, which I am crossing both fingers it will be positive! Keep up the good work and exercise!

Jenn

sunshine06
01-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Sheri- Thanks for the awesome pic me up!!

I am still staying on track, but you gotta love the motivation! I am staying steady on that scale, still only 3 lbs down, but that is great! I plan on kickin it up a knotch this week, as I have an all girls weekend retreat next week, and none of them are changing their life, like I am!!! So I am sure it will be a challenge. I plan on taking plenty of water and friendly snacks, maybe salad too. This group is called the "lunch ladies", great cooks, but nothing healthier. So we will see. We are staying at a State park, so I am hoping to get out for a run or bike ride each morning. (if the alligators don't come out).
Have a great week everyone!

Sheri~C
01-22-2006, 09:16 PM
yukimfat: Yes! That is awesome. You go girl!

chaarli: Yes you are headed in the right direction, way to go!

Leigh: Sorry you had a rough weekend. You take care of yourself and you will come back even stronger!

dietcokeaddict: Excellent! Good for you for biking, activity will make you strong! Damn TOM! lol

Sonja: Alright, it is great to hear your usual happy self in this post! I am glad you discovered that it was the iron. You are right we all need to make sure we keep up on our yearly checkups and get that bloodwork done. Tose recipes sound great I am going to make the French Toast. Do you get Egg Beaters down there? I found that I get a lot more egg if I use that instead of a egg in the shell.

Teri: I love your picture, what a great smile! Maybe you can teach your group of ladies a thing or two about being a healthy happy active person! You are doing great!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Sheri~C
01-22-2006, 09:32 PM
STOP!

Thread is now closed please look for week 5, January 23, 2006!

chiarij
01-25-2006, 10:42 AM
I want in!!!

My challenge is to lose 20 lbs and gain as much muscle as I can by April.

chiarij