Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #1  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Default Can anyone help with my routine?

Okay so far my routine consist's of an everyday morning and night workout in the morning i do about 20-30 minutes of denise austin aerobics or watp tape and at night i do at least 30 minutes on my treadmill or go for a walk outside. I love to workout but I think i need to get some strength training in I have free weight's i think is what they are called they are 3-5 lb dumbells ect.. anyway's And i got a ball I would love to vary my routine so i don't get bored and add some strength training sessions how often should i train? and is there a video just for strength training on a ball? also can anyone recomend a routine for me with what i have should i get some tae-bo or something that would really help me burn fat? Im sorry for all the questions i just don't know where to turn thanks for all the help! - Kim
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:07 PM   #2  

What you're doing is enough to burn fat, but you need more muscle to do it with, so you are completely on the right track!

I would train every second day with your weights. So perhaps keep your morning cardio session the same, and then do weights in your evening session. I find weights at night makes me have the best sleep ever.

If you go to google and type in fit ball chest press, for example, you will get heaps of animated pictures, and you'll get more exercises besides. What I would try and do is design a whole body workout, and perhaps when you get sick of that have specific days, like an arm day, leg day, tummy day.

You need to change up the routine every six weeks or so. There's loads of advice out there, and I'm sure you'll get heaps here. The Ladies who Lift are a wonderful bunch, and they'll give you heaps of help too.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #3  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

awesome response thanks! I love the idea of using the weight's at night with my treadmill that's a great idea and Im thinking mon wed fri for some weight training on my ball about how long should i do the sessions though? And can i train my abs everynight or not? THANKS!
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:38 PM   #4  

I have heard that you can train your abs every day since you are only using your own body weight.

I don't want to convince you to spend a lot of money but it really sounds like you would like Project You by Kathy Smith. It is a 12 week video rotation that teaches you about how to excersise she planned the whole thing really well. You just need some dumbells and the stability ball. You can order it from beachbody.com, but make sure to get the full program, the intro program really shortchanges you.
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote