Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 09:43 AM   #1  
WW Jazz Diva! LOL

Smile Lobster Roll Points (mcdonald's)

Hey All,

A while back, someone posted about the Lobster Roll at McDonalds. I think this may be an East Coast treat at Mickey D's, but for those of us who are interested, I wrote to them and found out the Lobster Roll is a mere 6 points!!

Here is the response that they sent me. Enjoy!!

Hello Taunia:

Thank you for contacting McDonald's. I am sorry for the delay in sending this information. Unfortunately, more research was required than I expected. I appreciate this opportunity to share some nutritional information with you.

I am sorry for the difficulty you had in trying to find the nutritional information for our Lobster sandwich. We do offer complete nutrition and ingredient information for all of our standard menu items on our web site and in our restaurants. Because test products, such as our Lobster sandwich, are subject to change, the nutrition analysis and ingredient information may not be available. However, I was able to obtain the nutritional information, which I have included at the end of this document for you. The lobster in our Lobster sandwich is 100% real lobster that is shipped frozen to ensure the freshest product for our customers.

I hope this information will help you to enjoy our Lobster sandwich. Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are looking forward to serving you again soon under the golden Arches.

Mary
Home Office Customer Satisfaction Department

ref#:721182

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You wrote:

I am trying to find nutritional information for the Lobster Roll. I am part of a Weight Watchers group that would like to know the point value. Specifically, we need to know the Calories, Fat grams, and fiber content to calculate the points. Also, it has been asked if it is fresh, real lobster meat being used in the sandwiches. Thanks for your help!

Lobster Sandwich
NUTRITION FACTS
% Daily Value *
Serving Size (g) 138g
Calories 260
Calories from Fat 90
Total Fat (g) 10 16%
Saturated Fat (g) 2 9%
Cholesterol (mg) 55 18%
Sodium (mg) 510 21%
Total Carbohydrate (g) 23 8%
Dietary Fiber (g) 2 6%
Sugars (g) 0
Protein (g) 17
% DAILY VALUE*
Vitamin A: 6% Vitamin C: 4% Calcium: 10% Iron: 10%
· Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
INGREDIENTS
Lobster meat, roll, mayonnaise, lettuce.
Roll: Wheat flour (enriched with barley malt, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast. Contains 2% or less of each of the following: soybean and/or cottonseed oil, wheat gluten, corn starch, salt, dough conditioners (mono & dyglycerides, ethoxylated mono & dyglycerides, sodium stearoyl lactylate), soy oil, calcium peroxide, calcium sulfate, calcium propionate (to ****** spoilage), soy flour.
Old 07-21-2001, 09:52 AM   #2  

For those of you who love lobster, check out this article at Cooking Light's web site

http://www.cookinglight.com/articles...e.asp?aID=9811

Also, regarding McD's comments about shipping their lobster frozen, that's usually how I buy my lobster when I make lobster rolls - if you buy the cans of tails and claws, you great lobster meat without the work of boiling the lobster and getting it out of the shells.
Closed Thread