Sonoma Diet Recipes - Wave 1 - Spinach with Pine Nuts

View Full Version : Wave 1 - Spinach with Pine Nuts

LindaT
01-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Spinach with Pine Nuts

Big bag of fresh spinach - Baby spinach tastes best, IMHO - If you have never cooked with fresh spinach, it cooks down by a LOT.
2 t. olive oil
2T pine nuts- You could also use walnuts or another nut, but pine nuts are really yummy.
1t+ minced garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste - I honestly usually have to use quite a bit more seasoning

Wash the spinach, but allow the water to cling to the leaves. Cook the spinach until it wilts in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach, pine nuts, and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Season with pepper and serve.

Clareh
01-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Oh Linda, this looks so good. How many portions would you say this makes? I only ask as I'm going to make it tonight and love spinach- I think I could eat the whole recipe (which with 2t olive oil might not be a good move!)

Loving Sonoma!

LindaT
01-14-2006, 12:36 PM
As many as you want.. remember olive oil IS allowed and you are allowed 3 (1t) servings a day of additional fats. Adjust the oil to your taste.. but use a LOT of spinach.. this is fabulous

YP1
01-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Ooh, I'm not on Sonoma, but this looks like a recipe to try tomorrow as I love spinach, olive oil, pine nuts and garlic :D

Clareh
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Tried it tonight with jerk chicken- GORGEOUS.

I only had a few pine nuts so substituted with some pumpkin seeds and toasted them briefly in a skillet and it was really good. This will be a regular.