Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #1  

Default New here!

Hi,

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks, and finally decided to post an intro. I am 44 years old, and have been fat most of my life. I have had weight loss successes, but alway regained the lost weight, and then some. I started at 242 pounds on December 27, and have already lost 10 pounds. My goal weight is 130 (I am 5'4"). I have not seen a weight under 200 in about 10 years.

I am so inspired by some of the stories I have read on this forum. I am doing something similar to the WW Core Program, I just can't afford the meetings. We are on a very tight budget. My husband is attending college full-time while working a very low-paying job, and I work about 12-15 hours a week and homeschool our nine year old daughter. My husband and daughter are both of normal weight, in fact, my daughter is quite thin. I was always a fat child.

Lately, I have become very concerned about my health. My husband loves me unconditionally, and always tells me I am beautiful and sexy. He is also ten years younger than me. I worry that I will die of a heart attack, leaving them both to continue life without me. I want very much to see my child grow up, go to college, etc. I am on medication for high cholesterol and heart arythmia (rapid heartbeat).

I hope to reach my goal of 130 by the end of 2006, but would be quite happy if I am at 150 by then. That would be 92 pounds lost.

Deb
Old 01-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #2  
298/291/150

Hi Deb,

I haven't seen below 200 hundred since before I was pregnant with my first son....He is going to be 16 this month.....yikes...I really need to do it this time....and not stray from plan....wishing you success....Kat
Old 01-15-2006, 09:33 AM   #3  
If at first you don't...

Hi Deb!

I'm new to the board also (ok - two weeks) Each of us ultimately have the same goals - we want to lose weight and get healthier. Please continue to check in here for inspiration. And if you are more of a lurker, go right ahead but I hope to see more posts from you so that we can get to know you!! I find that posting on the board helps to keep me accountable for my actions during the week! This is one of the smaller groups in the forum, but I feel at home here because I don't have worry about getting lost in the shuffle of the larger groups!
Old 01-29-2006, 10:32 PM   #4  
creations

I haven't been under 200 lbs since the birth of my son,37 years ago. Now that I have granddaughters its really bothering me. I've been overweight all my life and my husband is a skinny as a rail. I've now reached the point where I can bearly walk.
Hang in there. Maybe we can do it together this year.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:52 PM   #5  
AshleyRyken

I too have weight to lose. I will be 22 on Tuesday, and I havent been skinny since I was in the 6th grade. I have about 80 lbs. or so to lose, and I would love to have a buddy to talk to during the process. I signed up with weight watchers yesturday, and actually started the points counting today. I think this should work for me pretty well. I work with several ladies, and they are all doing a great job with weight watchers, so I thought I would try. If anyone wants to be my buddy, feel free to email me.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:16 PM   #6  

welcome. doing it for health reasons is the best reason. on those weeks when the scale won't cooperate ( and we all have those) if you can look back over the past week and see the positive changes you have made- that is what matters. The weight will come off, we just have to keep plodding along, following program, exercising, getting and giving support and changing our emotional and lifestyle relationships to food.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:26 PM   #7  
If at first you don't...

to the WW 100 Club ashleyryken!! If I could do things over, I would have worked harder when I was in my 20's to lose my extra weight. And if I had, I would be enjoying life more now. Congratulations on your decision to do something about it now!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #8  

Smile Welcome

Hi I'm raynette, I just restarted ww last week, you're off to a good start!!! Remember it is sometimes a slow process, but well worth it. Count your points and try to save some points for when you need them most, for me that is at night. I spend my 35 flex points on a blizzard on fridays, and a chocolate shake on sunday, that keeps my sweet tooth happy, but of course you can use them anytime.Well welcome and good luck. Hope to see more post from you soon.
boxerdawg
Closed Thread