Old 01-13-2006, 08:37 PM   #1  

Default How do you get your water in??

Hello All... I need some help getting my water in. I work in an elementary school so I carry around a nalgyne bottle with me. I know that I need to get two of those bottles into me by the end of the day, but often I'm only down a little bit by the end of the school day (I'm on the move constantly from room to room so I usually put the bottle down somewhere and forget about it).

I try putting lemons in the water, and that helps a bit, but I still can't seem to get the water in me. I was using the Crystal light singles, but I was getting flack for it from some of the COD's. Some were telling me to go for it, and others were telling me that it didn't count as water intake. It wasn't something I was doing everyday, but it was helping me get the water in. One of the COD's...well she wasn't too bad gave me a box of the singles cause she said they were good.

Anyways, what helps you guys get that dreaded amount of water in? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

On my non-WI days, I make sure I get a 16oz Poland SPring in before I leave the house...I always drink one or two in the car and one with each meal, etc. Im the opposite, a water junkie...
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #3  

I drink a 16 oz glass befor eI leave out the house in the morning. room tempature, I just gargle it down.

I then make myself drink 16 more oz before I can have lunch (ussually I am far past that notw that I am use to it)

I get another 16 oz in before I go home (about 5PM)

That leaves just one glass before I go to bed. and if I happen to get busy, I will gargle that one down right before getting in the bed like the morning one.

I carry my water bottle with me when I am running an errand at work also and many days I am pass my 64 oz by about 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

when I first started I would just have a 8 oz cup around and just fill it and drink all day long. Mayebe this is what you will need to ddo to start. Make a water schedule and stick to it. Don't allow yourself any other liquids until your water is down. make your food spicier to make you have to drink water.

I don't belive that there is another person who hated water as much as I did, I would NEVER drink water and would go without liquids if water was my only choice. I had to stick with it and I am fine now.

You can and will do it.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:01 PM   #4  

I don't know how you do it as a teacher. When I was teaching, I'd try to drink more water and then I'd have to go to the bathroom all day long and I was miserable! Good luck!
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #5  

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'm going to have to sit down and make a water schedule and actually stick to it. I think I'm going to have to pour the water into a glass instead of drinking it from a bottle... that might help too.

And you're right about the bathroom breaks. It makes it hard when I can only use the bathroom during a scheduled break.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 01-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #6  

Another idea is to try using a straw -- I seem to drink it faster that way!

Also, I drink some Crystal light everyday -- when I first started they told me that it was also a diuretic. (this may be more pseudoscience, though). . I just love the taste - I get the kind with calcium (tangerine something) and drink some every morning.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:52 PM   #7  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Our tap water tastes awful so I have to drink bottled water. I add the generic Crystal Light packs for flavor. They have 0 calories versus the name brand! By adding the flavorings, Ive got my kids to drink more water.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #8  

Default Easy way to get water in

The easiest way I have found to get the water in is to have one 8 ounce glass immediately before and after each meal and one with morning and afternoon snacks. That makes 8 glasses and it is alot less intimidating than that huge 64 ounce water bottle that they sell at the centers. Good luck!
MtJulietdieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #9  
Your Royal FATNESS

i love the crystal light lemonade...added to water.. but in my mind that is'nt drinking water.. its cheating..so i need to drink plain old water... its not that hard to do in florida.. it gets som darn hot here.... i would rather drink water then Cola (Diet)
damejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:15 AM   #10  

Thumbs up

Hi,
I also teach in a special needs class and I have problems sometimes getting my water on in too. So I bought a big jug at Wal-mart and it is 64 ounces and I carry it around with me and it helps me get it in

Ptspeced
ptspeced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:27 AM   #11  

Drinking sugar free gum? Like put a piece of sugar free gum in your water bottle?
Old 01-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I drink my water lukewarm. It is a lot easier to get down than cold water.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #13  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I've also been told that if you drink warm water, it is absorbed by your body easier than cold water.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:40 PM   #14  

Default i agree on the lukewarm water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
I drink my water lukewarm. It is a lot easier to get down than cold water.
it is easier to get down i also drink it in bottles with at least 2 servings cause it doesn't look like a ton of water. but now i am drinking a 33.8oz water bottle and all it takes is 2 bottles. Krista
onefatmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:13 PM   #15  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Krista- My COD actually decided I was drinking too much water, and had me cut back. With coffee and tea, I was over a gallon a day.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote