LA Weight Loss - Which is better... Luna Bars or Pria Bars

katysickler
01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I was just wondering which bar people like the best. I just tried my first Pria bar this morning and it was really good. (Better than the LA Lite Bar) I haven't tried the Luna Bar, but it seems that everyone likes them.

Just wanted to know what other people think....

marbear
01-13-2006, 09:13 PM
I only had one Pria Complete nutrition (which is more like a Lite in calories) but I used to eat the Pria 110 calorie bars and LOVED them. They are like candy! I think Luna may have more variety from what I have seen.

slimmerKim
01-13-2006, 11:02 PM
I don't like the Luna bars but really like the Prias - they give me gas though :(

PURPLEPIRATE99
01-16-2006, 08:52 AM
I love several of the Luna flavors, but I bought some Pria's this weekend - kind of something to switch the taste buds a little - I haven't tried them yet, although they did have some different flavors compared to Luna - so maybe mix and match them if you like both - gives you more variety

mnpeach00
01-16-2006, 05:18 PM
If you like both, use both! You can get more variety that way!

Gymgurl
01-17-2006, 09:38 AM
i like them both.....much better then the La lites.....they taste to proteiny lol

aphil
01-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Actually, if you are using them strictly to replace and LA Lite bar, I recommend using the Luna bars, even if you prefer the 110 calorie Prias. Pria bars are too low in calories, and also in some of the other nutrients and protein than Lites or Lunas...so you are missing out on those if you are eating two Prias, as well as going about 140 calories under what you should be eating per day.

skinni_minni
01-17-2006, 04:55 PM
I actually use the Mytoplex Lite (make sure you use the light ones) available at GNC. They have twice the protein of the lites or pria bars, 190 cals - and same amount of fat and carbs as the others. More protein is always a good thing.

MtJulietdieter
01-19-2006, 06:36 PM
I took the nutrition panel to the store to compare and the Luna bar is closest to the LA bar. It does have more sodium so if that is a concern you might want to try another bar. Pure Protein makes a number of bars with 20g of protein that match up pretty close. The use sugar alcohols which may cause gas, but the taste is good and because of the high protein they are very satisfying.

HomeschoolinMama
01-31-2006, 12:52 AM
So far I've tried the Pria Complete Nutrition, the Lunas, and an *All in One* by Dexatrim. The last was the most expensive and tasted absolutely horrible! :barf: The Lunas I considered only OK. Truthfully, I find that the Lunas taste a little bit like what I imagine dog food to taste like and it leaves a rotten taste lingering in my mouth. :tied: I like the Prias though. I like the LA Lites the best, but they cost the most too. Boo!!!

BTW, someone mentioned the protien bars that have about 19-20 g protien. Isn't that too much for the plan? Aren't they only expecting you to get 10-12 protiens from their bars?

marbear
01-31-2006, 12:59 AM
Aphil, the Pria 110 cal are too low, but I think those subbing for lites are using Pria Complete Nutrition, which are about 180 calories like the lites.

If you're getting gas from the pria, it may be the soy...probably wouldn't do much better with Lunas or Lites in that case.

Those low carb bars of any variety I have tried are TERRIBLE. I found a whole bunch from Pria Carb Select to Atkins Advantage (15 cent closeout and I couldn't save any money since none were edible in the end) and each one of them tasted like Soylent Green...or at least what I imagine it to taste like...which is disgusting.

Lunas have 2 distinct types in my mind: The choclatey oatmeal types (cookies and cream, chocolate covered cherries) and the soy crisp types (nutz over choclate, lemon zest, smores). I like the flavors in the chocolatey oatmeal types, but the texture of the soy crisp types.

aphil
01-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Maybe now most here are already using the Pria Complete, but since there are three kinds-everyone needs to be specific. The thread only said "Pria" and the originals are what it looked like you were all discussing.

Newbies can come here and read-and think that the 110 calorie original Pria bars are an okay substitute. When discussing subs for the plan, specifics should be used-because when you go into the store-there are regular Prias, Low carb Prias, and Pria Completes-very easy for someone to grab and sub the wrong item.

There are Kashi Go Lean bars, and there are also Kashi Go Lean Crunch! bars-with different nutrition and calories...Powerbars have a few different formulas as well, as do many brands. Just be specific when you talk substitutes, if the brand has different forumulations. This information will really help new people coming to this forum. :)

Gymgurl
01-31-2006, 09:32 AM
I use the complete Prias and love them

shennie_97
01-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Maybe now most here are already using the Pria Complete, but since there are three kinds-everyone needs to be specific. The thread only said "Pria" and the originals are what it looked like you were all discussing.

Newbies can come here and read-and think that the 110 calorie original Pria bars are an okay substitute. When discussing subs for the plan, specifics should be used-because when you go into the store-there are regular Prias, Low carb Prias, and Pria Completes-very easy for someone to grab and sub the wrong item.

There are Kashi Go Lean bars, and there are also Kashi Go Lean Crunch! bars-with different nutrition and calories...Powerbars have a few different formulas as well, as do many brands. Just be specific when you talk substitutes, if the brand has different forumulations. This information will really help new people coming to this forum. :)

thanks aphil

marbear
01-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Speaking of which, I just bought 82 lunas off ebay for $25 (shipping and all). I have winning bids on 2 other lots. SOmebody go outbid me so I don't have 200 lunas!!!!!!!!!

Mary

Repo girl
01-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Wow, that is such a good price. Too bad I can't tolerate them. I have really been wishing lately that I could. Sweet tooth has been getting me!

shennie_97
01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Speaking of which, I just bought 82 lunas off ebay for $25 (shipping and all). I have winning bids on 2 other lots. SOmebody go outbid me so I don't have 200 lunas!!!!!!!!!

Mary

:rofl: Mary, I've done that lately looking for in-between size clothing. I end up with 2 or 3 extra items becaus I didn't want to not get any....good luck.

Or you can do what a e-bayer did to me the other week. E-mail me you can't pay and then leave me negative feedback "by mistake" she says that I didn't send her an invoice for what she said she couldn't afford. :devil:
how long do you have left on the other bids?

PURPLEPIRATE99
01-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Wow - that is a great price on lunas - I looked for them on ebay too - but found most were out of date - does that usually matter? do they taste stale at all or are you getting ones that are still in date?

Gamababa3
01-31-2006, 04:20 PM
I bought the Pria bars, but I don't know if they are the ones that are complete. It does say complete nutrition bar on the side. I don't care for them thought they taste like a really stale rice crispy flavored bar. I'm going to let my husband have them. These are 170 cal.

marbear
01-31-2006, 04:27 PM
Heather, the Lunas are probably out of date, but as long as they aren't 3 years out of date or something you will be fine. I bought a bunch that were out of date by up to a year, and none of them tasted funny (except I did spit out a nutz over chocolate only to realize it was very much in date but I am just not that into that flavor). WHat I do is freeze them when I get them and pull out enough for a week. It keeps you from eating extras here and there, too. Anyway, I'm getting 82 nutz over chocolate and chocolate pecan pie. I'm not crazy about either flavor, but I don't hate them (I hate the caramel apple and toasted nut cranberry ones). To save over $60, I can eat them with no problems. If I win the 2 other lots it won't kill me or anything...I'll just have less room in the old freezer. I really hope I win the orange ones. If I lose both those, I am definitely going for a huge lot of lemon flavored ones...YUM!

marbear
01-31-2006, 04:30 PM
You know y'all want to outbid me on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5660601320&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

My max bid is $9.17, and you could get 41 bars for $18 if nobody else tries to outbid me...

Mary

PURPLEPIRATE99
01-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Your tempting me - but I have so many already - I bought alot when drugstore.com had that big sale - I actually learned to like the nutz over chocolate - put it in the microwave for about 12 seconds - yummy!!!! with a glass of milk - for your dairy - hmmmmmm

marbear
01-31-2006, 05:58 PM
I sometimes spread peanut butter on the top for extra protein and to mask the taste. They're not horrible...I'd reserve that for caramel apple...they're just definitely not something I'd pay 98 cents for.

Mary