Support Groups - A Few Good friends #12!

View Full Version : A Few Good friends #12!

andreaphilip3
01-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Hello,this thread is for all of you that want to post daily with a great bunch of people. As we strive to obtain our weight loss goal we turn to each other for advice,support and motivation!! we also provide jokes,quotes giggles,a shoulder to cry on and a place to vent! I hope you all enjoy being apart of " A FEW GOOD FRIENDS"! Good Luck and Welcome!
come join us and make this the year you resolve to the weight!!!

andreaphilip3
01-13-2006, 02:02 PM
weve got so many new friends that i thought a new thread was a good idea....i hope you dont mind wendy:)

colaz
01-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Awww I thought I'd be first to post Diane...lol. There ya go posting twice now.

hellokittyfan
01-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Congrats Wendy on getting to 139!!! Way to go!!! :bravo:

Colaz - about 2 years and some change. We're better now, but I've been pretty bummed about it all day. I'm hanging in there. Thanks for the kind words. I'm going to head to the gym as soon as I get a chance - I'm stuck doing work now for one of my bosses!! Then I will head over and kick butt.

Hope everyone has a good 3 day weekend! I'll be back online Tuesday.

Take care.

Lisa :carrot:

colaz
01-13-2006, 02:20 PM
3-day weekend? Why 3 day? OHHH! MLK day...we don't get Monday off, but it is still a holiday in my book! :)

Wow Lisa, 2 years. Never been in a serious relationship...the most for me is two dates and I've only done that with about 2 guys. I'm going to end up being one of those old ladies that never gets married with 20 cats in her house! sounds good to me though! lol

So, I thought I'd try to avatar thing. It's from Disney with my mom last month! Gotta love Mecko (sp???)

DivaLaRed
01-13-2006, 02:50 PM
cute pic, Colaz!

I don't get Monday off either. I wish I did, I feel like I need an extra day!

Someone asked me how long me and the BF have been together - about a year and a half, now. He just moved in over the Christmas break - EEK! We were both excited about it though, and since he travels most of the time, we still haven't gotten on each other's nerves, so I am glad for that. He is a great guy and I am pretty much just waiting for the bling to come along..... LOL :angel:

colaz
01-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Ah Diva how exciting! So, doesn't sound like too long before you'll have a ring??? That sucks that he travels most of the time, but at least you get to spend time together during the weekends.

Ok, so I've got about an hour before my independent study. I just finished cleaning up a bit. I have some errands to run before, butn ot much else.

DivaLaRed
01-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Have fun with your independent study class, Colaz!

Diane, sorry to see you are having an off day - anything you want to talk about? Maybe I can suggest something small to you or anyone else who may feel down - I have a slip of paper taped to the top of my laptop screen that declares "I am too blessed to be stressed!" It doesn't make everything go away, but at least it helps me keep things in perspective sometimes. I am a visually motivated person, which is why you guys are such a big help for me too. :hug:

Wendy, ah 139......those were the days! LOL You go girl, you're leading the charge! :ebike:

Guys, I have a monster headache that I can't get rid of, so if I disappear briefly, it's because I am driving home in search of drugs!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Hey ya!! So???What's everyone doing???I am going to have lunch(at 3:00 in the afternoon)and workout around 4:00! Diane is actually in the lead I think,What are you at now Diane???
My dad is taking Ryan out to McDonalds for supper so I can have salad or something and not have to eat his leftovers!!!:D It will be nice to have an hour to myself! Maybe have a bath!!Although I will probably miss him terribly and be watching out the window for his return!!

hellokittyfan
01-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Hey guys-

Colaz - yeah, relationships aren't all they're cracked up to be. LOL! Just playing. Actually 2 years isn't that long for me. I was with my ex-husband for 8 years! Obviously that didn't work out though!!

I did well this week, exercised 4 days. I did 7.5 miles on the bike and treadmill today!! :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep up the good work!!!

I'll be back on Tuesday, so don't think I've forgotten about you all.

Take care.

Lisa :dizzy:

jazy
01-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey all,
Diane good Idea with the new thread ,It was about time!! How are you !! Thanxs 4 the Happyb-day languages It was fun actually trying to say them!!!

-CONGRATS ON THE 139 wendy.WOW!! How exciting you are soo close!!

Well, today was a crazy day but , i managed . Just stopped by to say hi!!

sweet_pea
01-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Wendy - well done on 139. if i were that slim i'd be doing a great big happy dance :cb:

andrea = dianne? i get confused on who everyone is LOL

yes colaz i love that pix. really cute and it looks like you're having fun hehe

i'm ahead of everyone here in NZ. it's midday saturdayyyyyyyyyyyyyy but I slept so late I am only just having breakfast. I took a pill last night to help me sleep but I overslept. Still I must have needed it. Anyway off to have my breakfast anddddddddddddd try to relax but i am getting very p/o at my keyboard. it misses some keystrokes and repeats others. no idea why but it drives me MAD!

back after breakfast

sweet_pea
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
i think someone mmmmmmmmmmmmmmentioned CoEnzyme Q10??? can you pls tell me more about how it helps your motivation? ;)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-13-2006, 06:35 PM
:dizzy: I'd like to know too!

sweet_pea
01-13-2006, 06:37 PM
hehe i've been reading up about it. mixed results according to clinical trials but it has so many uses and i've struggled to find good info on using it for weight loss

of course i'd do better if i zipped up my mouth
last night i was feeling stressed out and anxious, tired exhausted etc so i chowed down on bread and sugar. not good

andreaphilip3
01-13-2006, 06:57 PM
geez you guys are way too fast! lol

tess youre too funny....what you said reminds me of the 'old days':D remember the races we had?

diva: thanks so much i think im just worn out.

hiya wendy! im havin a rtough week so im at 135.
hi jaz!!!! crazy day huh?

(((((((jaz, tess, wendy, jenn)))))) hi sweatpea!
hi to everyone else too:)

andreaphilip3
01-13-2006, 08:13 PM
holy cow howd we get all the way dn there!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Hello! What's up?what's happening? What's going on?:D Yep,a little hyper tonight!:dizzy: Crazy girl!
W.

Silverfern
01-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Hi there, I joined 3FatChicks (I found the 3 is very important when typing in the website address :o) a few days ago and have been looking for a group that likes to post daily so was wondering if I could join in here. I'm 36 and a WAHM to 4 boys and live in New Zealand (I see Sweet Pea lives here too :carrot: ). I'm on my 4th day of following WW at home and have about 45lbs or 20kgs to lose. I've battled with my weight since my early teens and am an emotional/compulsive eater. I have tried and failed so many times before but am determined to win this time. I have PCOS with IR and losing weight will help control the symptoms of PCOS.

Anyway, if you'd be happy to have me I'd love to join.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Silverfern,you are very welcome here!! The more the merrier!
Wendy

BrodeyAmos
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
hey ladies! i went back to the gym today!!! woo hoo! just checkin in!

Jen

sweet_pea
01-13-2006, 11:02 PM
:welcome: silverfern, nice to see another kiwi here

boy do i sympathise. i am a big emotional/compulsive eater. in theory i should also be aiming for 20kg loss but i would be happy to lose 10kg, even tho the maximum weight for my height is supposed to be 64kg i will be pleased to get to 72kg.

siverfern what is IR?

sweet_pea
01-13-2006, 11:05 PM
i can not believe how quickly everyone posts here LOL

today i have been for a short walk but i picked up an ice cream while i was out. i need to do more it was just down the road to deliver some mail and i need to do way more than that. i am aiming to do 2x 10 mins walks each day to get to my 20mins as i find that 20mins in one go is too much for me right now

other than the ice cream i have eaten well today but i have huge cravings for sugar - either chocolate dessert or wine. come to think of it a chocolate appetiser would go down well too :D

i am feeling slightly envious of you guys in the 130s that's a long way from where i am;)

andreaphilip3
01-13-2006, 11:11 PM
hi wendy!
whats up girl? youre funny....
hi sweat pea~! good job on the walk....give it time youll get to where ya goin!:)

welcome aboard silver:)

hi jennnnnnnnn!!!!! good job!(((((((( ))))))

gnite jaz tess wendy jenn and all:)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Hey Sweet pea and Silverfern,help me out here,I'm feeling abit daft.Can you tell me what you weigh in Lbs? My brain is Not working well tonight!:D
G'night ladies and sweet dreams! Tomorrow is a brand new day,a fresh start!
Cheers!

jas80
01-14-2006, 12:39 AM
i love the energy in this group! :)

i finally got to do my turbo jam today. it was nice to have a day away from tae bo. gotta love variety! it didn't make my body sore like the tae bo does, but that could have to do with not using any resistance bands today. i certainly felt it though. and talk about sweating like a madman!! sure felt energized afterwards... well, after i washed all the sweat off anyway.

colaz
01-14-2006, 03:28 AM
It sounds like everyone had a wonderful day today! It is about 2 A.M. (second night in a row) now, and I should get to sleep. So, I don't have much time.

Jaz, so did you have a good b-day today? I sure hope so!

Welcome silverfirm! You've found yourself a great group!

Lisa, you'll get to where you want to be someday! Especially if you keep up the hard work! Myself, I'm only at 160, so I've got a ways to go. 130 seems really far from me too!

Jas, I used to do Tae Bo too! I did it for about two years. It kind of got old though . I did the live versians. They were great though! WTG today!

Andrea...LOL! Yup...it was race to be the first one to post! Good times! It took me a sec to realize what you were talking about.

Hey Jen, Diva, Wendy, and everyone else!

So, I had a nice night! We went to a movie (Her's, mine, and ours) and it was wonderful! Very funny! Then we played Mafia for about 3 hours (that was great!)...most probably don't know what that is. It is a murder mystery role play game you play. Love it! Then we watched a movie...War of the Worlds. I liked it! It was weird, and a bit grusome. Good though!

So, nothing planned for tomorrow except sleeping in. I need to head to bed!

sweet_pea
01-14-2006, 04:04 AM
hey there

wendy 1kg = 2.2lb
so my goal weight is 158.5lb. current weight = 180lb

jas turbo jam sounds like fun
i did some dancing tonight - it was fun. i love dancing

colaz. a murder mystery game. ooh now i'm excited i love murder mystery books and tv shows

DivaLaRed
01-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Wow you guys sure are hard to keep up with - guess I should have checked in last night!

OK, let's see if I can get all the names in here - GOOD MORNING Tess, Lisa, Colaz, Diane, Wendy, Sweet, Jas, Jaz, Silver and Jen!!!! (If I missed you, sorry, good morning to you too!) WE ARE MULTIPLYING SO FAST, IT'S AWESOME!

I just had a slice of WW toast with RF peanut butter and banana slices on top - it was YUMMY! I think a girl named Jill or Jilly wrote about it in another thread I was in.

The BF and I are about to meet up with a couple friends to do our Sat morning 3 mile walk, so I will check in with you ladies later!!!! Hope everyone stays strong today and REMAINS CALM AND RELAXED (you know who you are ;) ).

franci
01-14-2006, 09:32 AM
hello! Since monday morning I have lost 2lbs. I was supposed to wait till monday to weigh in but couldn't wait. I am doing it myself with a combo of walking, calorie counting, portion control and more fruits/veggies. I still have my info from WW from a couple years ago that I use too. I find that a little every day is better than alot every other day! Well gotta go walk in my room. It is too dangerous to walk outside this morning due to ice.

jas80
01-14-2006, 12:51 PM
i have the worst headache today. i tried working out this morning, but only made it through about 10 minutes :( hopefully i feel better later so i can finish.

hope everyone has a great day today!

colaz
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Lisa, yeah Mafia is fun and very addicting!

Diva, lol thanks. So far so good today. That does sound like a really yummy breakfast! Good job with the names, except colaz/Tessa is the same! :)

Fran, wtg on the 2 pounds! Just stay strict this weekend, and you will be happy with the results on Monday! Keep up the good work!

Jas, I am so sorry about your headache! Uk, hang in there and feel better!

Well, I just finished with breakfast. I had some ceriel. I'm going to go grab my coffee in a little bit. Not much planned for today. Hope to get some homework down later this afternoon, and tonight we are playing cribbidge (sp???). LOL, my friends are going to teach me tonight.

Wide in Winnipeg
01-14-2006, 02:33 PM
O.K.!! Let's try this again!! I tried to post this morning but I guess Tessa and Jas were posting at the same time!! So mine wouldn't go through!!:D
Had 2 shreadded wheat with 1/2 pkg. splenda and 1/2 cup of 0% fat free milk for breakfast and a cup of tea with the other 1/2 pkg. of splenda!
Lunch will consist of a ham and cheese wrap (small) and some yogert!Maybe some juice to wash it all down!
Diane and Jen~ I got an e-mail from Kelli!!!! She said she is really busy right now,but has plans on coming back to 3fc soon!! That will be fantastic!
Off to the store with some friends to look at computer tables for them!
Cheerio!:carrot:

andreaphilip3
01-14-2006, 05:41 PM
hi guys....
sorry ive been mia..... not a good day. im very 'down'

hi tess! sounds like youre havin fun:)

hi wendy! good job on the diet thing..... im not doin too good w food today..
hi diva! havin a good day? notr me. sigh....
hi jasmine!hi jenn!sup ladies?
guess kell doesnt like me cuz i never get responses.

hi everyone i missed:)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi Diane! Don't feel bad about Kelli,I sent like 12 e-mails in a row to get a response!!!:D In other words-I harrased her!!:o lol! Sorry you are down today:( hope you feel better soon,I still love ya!:)
W.

sweet_pea
01-14-2006, 06:05 PM
well it sounds like everyone had healthy breakfasts. i did too but then followed it with tartufo. i love that stuff hehe. i had banana strawberry yoghurt nuts and seeds + my fish oil caps. :dizzy:

i'm not sure what i will do today but i have lots to catch up on. a few loads of washing that i've washed but not put away, a couple of days of dishes. not sure how i used so many LOL and my accounts. plus mymother wants me to do hers. 3 yrs worth!!! i find it hard to get motivated to do them:p (yawn yawn)

Diane ~ sorry you're down :hug: hope you find some way to lift yourself out of it. what has worked for you in the past:dizzy:

Diva ~ a group walk. what a neat idea. it's raining here today so I won't get a lot of time outside. It was sunny when I got up, strange changeable weather :cb

franci ~ congrats on the loss. yeah i agree a bit every day is the way to exercise. i try and split it so i do a few short walks or a short walk and dancing as i find a big long walk takes me days to recover from ;)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-14-2006, 09:07 PM
so I had 1/2 a banana and some yogert for a snack and 2 cups of pasta and sauce for dinner,I think I am going to have a cereal bar to because I am still hungry:o It got pretty quiet around here this evening...It's saterday,weekends get a little slower.
Diane,feeling any better??I hope so.
SO what interesting things happened with you all today??
I did 5k on the bike,in under 10 mins!!! That's pretty good for me! It's about 100cals!!!Whoohoo!:carrot:
Guess I'll check in before bed...

sweet_pea
01-14-2006, 09:39 PM
well done on doing 5km!!! are you vegetarian or was today just a non meat day?

i had a sleep for a couple of hours today. i was really tired from not enough sleep last night plus feeling demotivated and blah. i was wanting wine or chocolate and i knew that was a BAD idea :o so i thought i'd take time out. i just had a late lunch of salad with bacon and blue cheese and a drink of white cranberry and strawberry juice.

i'm trying to decide what to do next. it's hot and sunny but i still feel demotivated. i should probably do the dishes YUCK ;)

sweet_pea
01-14-2006, 09:44 PM
alright i've decided now i'm off to do the dishes. sometimes when you feel like doing nothing you just have to get moving and do some activity

i'm still craving sugar though. thought the drink might keep it at bay but i am thinking about ice cream or about baking (choc chip cookies - my fave) + i have a headache, i feel asleep in the sun with the window open so it was a bad combo. hot body cold head. ok going going :cb:

Wide in Winnipeg
01-14-2006, 10:35 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17582

Check this out!!

Still want those cookies??

Wide in Winnipeg
01-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Yuck!!!:p If that doesn't get you motivated I don't know what will!!!;)
Any comments??
W.

andreaphilip3
01-14-2006, 10:47 PM
hi guys!
lmao wendy bout kelli tee hee!
thanks for the support((((( )))) wtg on that bike!

hi sweetpea! thanks. hows your head? beetr i hope! im extremely tired and demotivated....

sweet_pea
01-14-2006, 10:48 PM
YES!!!

Wendy - STUFF LIKE THAT DOESN'T put me off. i wish it did LOL. besides it doesn't look real. my desire to eat is much stronger than my disgust at that sort of stuff. When you feel bad you just don't care... but I should. I am prediabetic and have been for the last 2 blood tests (a year apart) so I am hugely at risk. NOt to mention that my tummy is way bigger than the risky size for diabetes heart attacks etc.

Diane - I'm in the same place, exhausted demotivated and craving sugar or something like that to perk me up. But of course that's how I got fat in the first place!!! Well that and meds that mucked up my hormones

I can see and read stuff and think oh no oh no that could happen to me. But then I feel tired or irritable and I just want an instant fix, and food is an instant fix. Never ending cycle. I can't break through it. Within 3 days I relent and start eating again

And please don't suggest that inane idea of just having small servings of chocolate. If I was capable of that I wouldn't be here :) truth is I can't do moderation. Once I get the taste of sugar in my system I have to have more. Same is true of bread, cheese and other unhealthy things.

I just had a couple of cherries and some more water. I hope I can last

Wide in Winnipeg
01-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Didn't work eh?? Well,:D I know it's fake but I think I would rather look like the little red blob than the big spongy yellow blob!!:D It helps me to re-evaluate what I put in my body!!!!
Off to bed now! Take care,
W.

sweet_pea
01-15-2006, 12:07 AM
i was temporarily affected when i saw the oprah show with Dr Oz when he showed all the liver, heart etc affected by bad eating but it didn't last.

i ate a batch of fudge last time i watched the biggest loser :rofl:

Silverfern
01-15-2006, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the welcome!! I looked back on the previous couple of threads and am sure this is the place for me. This seems like a very fun and relaxed group.

Sweet Pea IR is insulin resistance. I think your goal is a very sensible one - especially if you're prone to depression. I have the same problem (it's mild and sporadic and I haven't had much luck with anti-depressants) which is why my weight yoyos constantly. I'd also be happy with 10kgs but would much prefer 20. What part of NZ do you live in? I'm in ChCh.

Wendy I was wondering whether I should have put my ticker in pounds. It took me a while to get my head around metric (even though that's what I grew up with), probably with my Mum being Canadian and working that way for height and weight. I'm 176lbs wanting to get down to 132lbs. Seems a long way away.

Jas Turbo Jam sounds like fun. I did Tae Bo at home with tapes and really enjoyed it - really made me sweat.

Jen WTG on your workout.

Colaz Mafia sounds like fun. Haven't heard of the movie, but then we're always several weeks behind.

Diva You're making my mouth water. I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Most people here think that's really weird, LOL. It's even good as a toasted sandwich as the banana's nice and warm. Hope you had a great walk.

Well, I had a blow out on my diet (WW) today as we had dinner with friends. It wasn't as bad a blow out as I've been known to do so hopefully haven't done too much damage. I'm also a bit frustrated as it seems since I did WW in 2001 a few points values have changed - some things are worth more, some are less so I'm not sure whether the amount of points I've been eating are correct or not. Seems I going to have to order some new points books.

Gary and I took the oldest 3 to see The Chronicles of Narnia today. I loved it - it was a favourite book as a child.

Off to bed now, it's 11.20pm. Monday tomorrow. I have a friend and her 3 kids coming for lunch and I need to get some office work done. Have a great Sunday everyone (Monday for Sweet Pea).

sweet_pea
01-15-2006, 05:27 AM
Hi SilverFern

I see you are up late like me LOL
OK well in that case I too have IR. I am prediabetic which amounts to the same thing. At first I took it all very seriously and lost weight but since then I guess the fear disappeared as I haven't made much headway. Only a couple of extra kg and I haven't adjusted my ticker but last time I checked i had put 1kg back on :(

My depression is ongoing. Not sure if it is 8 or 9 years but somewhere in that range + massive anxiety most of that time too. It takes its toll

I am in Whangarei in the sunny North and I need to go to bed too.

Didn't do much exercise today altho I did pick up all the dog droppings and other stuff around the section so I guess that was something. Reading a funny mystery at the mo that is making me laugh. I really need the laughter so I am happy about that

Silverfern
01-15-2006, 05:31 AM
Oh no - I missed a whole page.

Franci WTG on the weight loss. I find it hard sometimes to go the whole week without stepping on the scales. Any form of motivation helps.

Diane Sorry you're feeling so down. Hope you have a better day today.

Wendy Thanks for the pic. Motivation indeed. The muscle looks like a peeled beetroot, LOL.

Sweet Pea I just bought that book today by Dr Oz. My DH is reading it and finding it very interesting. He's been continually spewing little gems at me out of the book.

Sorry I missed out some people - got to go to bed. Feeling very sleep deprived. Catch you tomorrow.

Silverfern
01-15-2006, 05:40 AM
Hi Sweet Pea.

I've had ongoing depression since my early teens. Right about the time puberty hit. In the last couple of years I've also had bouts of anxiety - some med induced some not. We went to the Gold Coast for Xmas and went to Movie World. I stupidly decided to go on the new Superman ride where you blast out of a tunnel and straight up then straight down from 0-100 in 2 seconds. When you sit in the tunnel you can see the top of the climb and I really had to focus on my breathing because I was sure I was go to freak out right then.

Whangerei is somewhere I've never been. I hear it's beautiful up there.

We get our kids to do 'poo patrol'. I remember I HATED it as a kid, so I can now inflict that on them, LOL.

What's the book you're reading at the moment? I love reading and am always up for a new book.

Sweet, have you ever been checked for PCOS? You have IR and mentioned your hormones were wonky and you had excess abdominal weight which are all indicators. May be worth checking out?

Well, I really must go to bed now - it's now 11.40pm and I'm a crabby hag if I don't get my sleep.

andreaphilip3
01-15-2006, 01:14 PM
hey guys,
sweet dreams to all who are experiencing nighttime....
hi wendy sup?
sup diva and sweetpea? how are you guys feeling? im lousy i cant stop eating!:(

Wide in Winnipeg
01-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Good day!! Look Diane....step away from the food!! You can do it,you have been doing it for along time now!! Have some water instead!;)
Today I had a bagel with peanut butter(the real stuff,not FF) and yogert(small)with a cup of tea. Ryan and I are now sharing a grapefriut as we speak!! We both love them without sugar or sugar substitutes!!
I think my dad has you all beat in the pooh patrol thing!! He owns and operates a dog kennel and cleans up after 60 -100 dogs a day! Not a glorious job, but a great buisness and he does love animals!
So what's up for the rest of the day ladies and for you girls getting up??
I have no plans but to relax!!
Cheerio!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Silverfern- just thought I'd let you know that I was that weight a year ago,if I didn't slack off I would have been at my goal weight at least 5 months ago! I am a slacker though,I tend to love my food to much,not the good stuff but potato chips are a killer for me to ignore.I simply can't get rid of that habit,so now I just have a handful and a bottle of water and proceed to come to this site!! That's exactly what I am doing here right now!;)

Wide in Winnipeg
01-15-2006, 05:44 PM
This is a pic of my boy!!! I still have to figure out this new printer/scanner,until then it will be small!! lol

Figured it out!!! Isn't he cute!!! He just turned 2 in Oct/05.

So what's for dinner everyone?? I'm starving!

kara2
01-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi there! I was wondering if there was room for one more? Silver referred me over here, and y'all look like a great group!

I'm in my 30's, have 3 girls, and live in Texas. Currently, I'm trying to teach myself portion control after growing up in Tx on fried and buttered foods. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. I am sick of being the size I am, though. My dr. has told me I need to lose 65 lbs, and so far, I have lost nothing since the birth of my last kid. (You'd think that having a 9+lb baby automatically guarantees that you lose that weight when they come out, but apparently not...)

I remember someone saying something about Turbo Jam... Is it worth the 60-80 bucks? It looked good, but I'm poor! :) I don't want to waste money on stuff that is too hard or doesn't work. I am a total noob to this exercise thing...

Wide in Winnipeg
01-15-2006, 08:46 PM
:welcome2: Kara!!!! Jump right in!! The more the merrier!! I don't know where everyone is today:shrug: :dunno: kind of weird. Hope you enjoy your new home here!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-15-2006, 10:20 PM
sure looks like I did absolutly nothing but post on here today! I did accomplish alot though! Hope you all have a good sleep I'm out of here,have to be on the go for 7am so off to watch some tv then to bed.
G'night

andreaphilip3
01-15-2006, 10:26 PM
hi guys!
welcome kara! jump right in!
hey wendy! sup girl? thanks for the push! im soooo sick right now!! ugh!

sweet_pea
01-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Awww Wendy we love it when you do lots of posting!!!

Talking about pictures my avatar is off 2 pukekos at the beach. it's a painting my cousin did and i think it's pretty cool

i had a massage today and parked my car so i would have to walk there and back. i was given homework because my back is so tense and sore. so i now have extra stretches to add to the list. have to admit i found it hard to relax. my body was coiled like a spring. she would loosen it and seconds later my shoulders were hunched around my ears again!

silverfern - i have also had depression since my teen years and anxiety for as long as i can remember but the last 8-9 years have been especially bad and at times debilitating. i don't have PCOS my hormone problems are due to medications. one of them caused my breasts to lactate :o and i didn't have a period for several months after i stopped the meds. there are separate threads under depression for people with depression + a few of us from here post in support groups - amazingly anxious annies

OMG wendy i think cleaning up after 2 dogs is bad enough. i love dogs but i could never own a kennel. the poo patrol would be revolting LOL

tonight Jazz is going toooooooooooooo her first obedience class. it will be ****. she is the worst dog on a lead i have ever had. i have been putting her on a halti but she is still a problem and she will be jumping about wanting to leap on everyone. soooooo until then i have to relax outside as i will be screeeeeeeeeeeeeeaming and hysterical at the end of it if i am not calm at the start

see you later...

Wide in Winnipeg
01-15-2006, 11:50 PM
ok I'm really going to bed this time!!!!:D HEEHEEHEE!!!:devil:
See ya!

Silverfern
01-15-2006, 11:51 PM
I've stuck to the plan today but haven't managed any exercise yet. I'm hoping to go down the the domain after dinner and walk around that for an hour while the boys play tennis at the courts.

Wendy If I had to clean up after that many dogs I think I'd invent some sort of machine to do it. One dog craps enough in a day, LOL. I hear you on the chips. I love those and chocolate. Well actually any junk food is my weakness and once I start I can't stop and lay my hands on anything not nailed down. I'd be at my goal also if I'd stuck to the plan I started last year. Oh well, one day :p Your son is so cute!! What's his name?

Kara Woohoo, you made it. I'm dribbling at the sound of Texas food. 65lbs - that's insane. Since you're barely heavier than me and I still don't know how tall you are ;) unless you were a dwarf you'd have to be face on to be seen.

Diane How are you now? Any better?

Sweet Pea I love your avatar - it is pretty cool. I've just started painting and drawing and love it. I've finally found an outlet for my creativity.

Have to dash but will catch up more tomorrow.

sweet_pea
01-16-2006, 03:02 AM
hi everyone

went to obedience tonight and jazz was appalling at the start but got much better. she's very nervous of other dogs. saffie is the dominant dog so when we meet other dogs jazz waits for saffie to do the meet and greet and isn't used to meeting dogs on her own. the socialisation will be good for her

it was interesting i think she walks better on her own. walking 2 dogs does seem to change her behaviour. anyway onwards!

thanks silverfern i love the avatar too LOL

Silverfern
01-16-2006, 03:37 AM
I'm shattered. I've just walked for 70 minutes pushing a stroller. I ended up not going to bed until 1am last night, stupid me. I needed to get out of the house. My 3 yo had a very late sleep from 5-7pm. I tried to wake him a couple of times with no success and when he did wake he was a nightmare. He was hysterical, screaming at me that he wanted a cuddle but wouldn't let me touch him. This went on for 45 minutes!!! I could have throttled him. Now he's a box of birds which is unfortunate as it's now 9.30pm and he should be in bed. Grrrr.

Made a horrible WW meal for dinner. I was burping up half cooked onions, garlic and chilli and my stomachs doing somersaults. Won't be making that one again.

Sweet Pea What kind of dogs do you have? How old are they? OMG a massage sound sooooo good right now. Between my shoulders are pinching after pushing the stroller for so long. The handle height's not designed for a shorty, obviously. Meds made you lactate? Weird! I'd love the no periods though.

Typing one handed while I enjoy a WW icecream. Poor substitute for the real thing but ya gotta love it!

megsa
01-16-2006, 06:41 AM
Hey guys!!

Can't believe how much you guys communicate!! I'm on the computer all day at work and so keen to be away from it on weekends so i just stay away!!

It was me that mentioned Co-Q10. Not sure if it helps the motivation, but it does help with energy. My multi-vit contains amino acids and that seems to help as well. (Don't think that you'll get it in the US though.)

My pet engineer is back and he has had me typing and printing plans today and so I haven't had much time on the net - it was so nice and peaceful with him away, but I suppose it can't be helped!! I didn't lose any weight this week and wonder if it's that not eating enough thing - I'm doing cardio 6x a week as well as weights 3x. Will add 2 more WW points for this week and see how it goes. Get really de-motivated really quickly when that happens!!

Lunch is done and the boss has just gone to a meeting for most of the afternoon so can maybe chill for a bit.

Mwah

Meg

sweet_pea
01-16-2006, 07:32 AM
haha silverfern. sorry but you made me laugh.

i had 3 WW desserts tonight. they're lovely with full fat cream. honestly i don't know why i even make the pretence of buying WW desserts. it's a complete waste of time and money and they're way too small for 1 serving. i mean who eats a tiny wee tea cup of food?

i know all about wanting to throttle misbehaving kids. that's why i don't have any. i'd be in jail or the funny farm for doing nasty things to them. how did you respond. did you ignore your son? that's usually the only thing that works... (having no kids makes me an expert)

the WW meal sounds revolting - not helped by your description of burping up onions and garlic. glad you are on a computer and not sitting in front of me hehe

70 mins walking is a fantastic effort. i walked to and from the massage and around the shops + at obedience. i have 2 golden retrievers. the oldest is 3.5 yrs and the young one is 8 mo. i totally adore them even tho there are times i want to do them great harm. they are just the best and most special little girls. i also have a cat. she's the queen of the household. i have a photoalbum online. i must update it so you can see pictures

meg - i so love seeing someone else who measures in kg. much easier for me to understand. i am forever having to convert the pounds to understand people's weight LOL

i am not in the US but i am interested in doing something for my energy. it's so hard because sugar etc etc is instant whereas dietary changes take weeks to take effect and in the end i give up because there is no guarantee that i will feel better in 2 weeks whereas if i have the creamy sauce or the wine or the chocolate i can feel better right now!

meg you could be right about not 4eating enough if you are doing so much exercise. or maybe not enough protein? is good to experiment to find what works

colaz
01-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Good morning my weight loss buddies!

Sweet Pea, lol aren't cats always the queen? I am very much a cat person, but I love dogs too! Your dogs and cat sound wonderful! That is what i miss most about being in the dorms at school, pets.

Silver, it sounds like you really need a massage today! You should get one! :) Great job walking and on your meal, even though it made you sick. Ek!

Well, my plan for today is class and working out. I am trying to decide whether to workout this morning before my afternoon class, or later tonight? Hmmmm? If I work out this morning I should do so pretty soon. It takes a good 2 1/2 hour chunk out of my day after showering and such.

Do you gals normally workout morning/afternoon/night? I find when I workout at night I get to sleep a bit faster, but lately I've been doing a bit better with that without workout out at nigiht. I should get back into a routine either way.

A few in here were talking about depression and anxiety. I started having troubles with anxiety my freshman year of college, and it seems each year it gets a bit worse. I have asthma induced anxiety, so when I have an anxiety attack my lungs close up in a way. I actually passed out form this this past summer. I was having issues with depression first semester of this year, and I'm still battleing that a bit. It is not as bad as it was the first couple of months. I'm on meds for that. I had another bad episode right after Christmas break, so now I am actually going to go to my first professional counseling tomorrow. So, we'll see how that works out.

Alright, so I'm going to continue working on my coffee! :)

colaz
01-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Was reading up a bit...and thought I'd add a bit more...

Welcome Kara! Please join us! Crazy group of people right here...lol

Wendy, luv the pic of your son! He is a cutie! Except now...I can't look at your beautiful face... :) You should get a pic of the two of you on here sometime! And...ek grapefruit without sugar? That sounds sour! Great thing to like though (sounds very healthy)!

Diane...sorry hon! Stop eating! I hope you are doing better today.

DivaLaRed
01-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Good morning all! Sorry I have been away since Sat morning, but I did so well that day, I didn't really sit down at all! After our 3 mile walk, we came home and I started cleaning up around the house a bit and felt really energized. I spent some quality time with the BF and then we went out and ran some errands. After that we went to a local hangout and waited out a rain/snow shower until around midnight. Even though I drank water in between drinks, I guess I had one drink too many and was sick when I got home. :nono: I also must confess that I smoke socially when I am out having a cocktail or two, so it could have been too many of those as well. At any rate, I was VERY lazy yesterday and spent most of the day on the couch! Stuck to good eating, though, although I DID have sushi and I know that is FULL of carbs.

How is everyone doing today?

colaz
01-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Awww Diva...it sounds like you had a nice time though (except for getting sick). I didn't drink except for Thursday this week. I am trying not to. Too many calories, and it doesn't help much with depession. You will get back into the swing of things now!

Well, I ended up working out today! It was good...about an hour. I did the weight machines for about half an hour and then the eliptical for 1/2 hour. For breakfast I had a bagel with fat free creame cheese, and for lunch I had a slimfast shake, and I'm also picking at the grapes right now. For supper tonight I'll be eating in the cafeteria.

So, today is going well so far. Keeping busy! Well, I'm actually in class right now. During a short break, but I'll be free later tonight. I'll check in later (during or after class today). bye!

andreaphilip3
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
hi guys...
hows it hangin?

hi wendy! sup girlie? hi tess! thanks. im a mess right now (((((( ))))) good luck w your appt!

colaz
01-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Oh Diane? :( What's going on? I'll check my email. I was wondering where you were.

Silverfern
01-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Meg Just think of all that fat you'll be turning into lovely muscle with all your exercise. That probably accounts for the times you're not losing weight.

Sweet Pea LOL about the WW desserts with full cream. I did the dutiful thing and ignored the little turd, whereas I really wanted to pull him apart, limb by limb. He's been pretty horrible this morning so we are now not going to see Chicken Little as punishment. I have PMDD (Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder or very severe PMS) which gives me a Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde personality for about 7-10 days every month. I have awful thoughts of doing terrible things to myself and others and find it difficult coping with life at this time. I just want to hibernate and sleep through it. A couple of days into my period I'm Mr Hyde again. Having PCOS doesn't help as my high testosterone level makes it worse. The meds I'm on help but I ran out and forgot to pick up my prescription for a couple of days so it's a little worse this month. Aargghh, I hate this!!

Your dogs sound adorable - I love Golden Retrievers. Would love to see some pics.

Colaz What kind of classes do you do? WTG on your workout. I prefer to exercise early in the morning as soon as I get up but that hasn't been a happening thing for some time as I find it so hard to get my sorry a$$ out of bed early enough. Best of luck with your councelling session tomorrow. Anxiety sucks!! I had my first panic attack after I took some ephedrine diet pills (my brother suggested them to me and I had no idea what ephedrine was). It was terrible as we were going to a wedding that afternoon and the effects last all day and into the night. Horrible experience. I'm obviously sensitive to ephedrine as I also had an episode after taking cold/flu meds with it. I was also on Fluoxetine for a while and that set off panic attacks almost every day and I've had a few not med related. I guess the tiny upside is, except for the first one, they generally occur in the middle of the night, although that can be pretty scary in of itself, alone with your thoughts.

Diva WTG for doing to well and being so active on Saturday. Sorry you were sick yesterday, hehe. Ewww, sushi, I am sooooo not a seafood person, even though I'm a Pisces, LOL.

Diane {{hugs}} Sorry you're having such a rough time right now.

Suppose I should go and get dressed and try and motivate myself to do something today. The house is a bombsite, I have office work to do. At least I have all day now that we're not going to the movies.

DivaLaRed
01-16-2006, 03:23 PM
im a mess right now (((((( )))))

Diane, girl it hurts my heart that you've been in a funk. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but I am sure that I speak for most of the other ladies when I say that we'd like to send a little :sunny: your way and that you know we are here to :grouphug: you when you need it. I've got my :crossed: for you, Chica!!!!

colaz
01-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Ug...finally done with that boreing class...I was typeing in here during lol. I normally don't do that, but what she spent about an hour talking about was stuff we already knew...sigh. I wish teachres would coordinate.

Now I'm working on a slim-fast snack bar (chocolate chip muffin). Good day so far! I am going to work on my checkbook here, and maybe start homework.

andreaphilip3
01-16-2006, 04:38 PM
hi guys!:)

thanks tess and diva:) (((((( )))) to both of you guys.....

Wide in Winnipeg
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Come on Diane, get better soon,I/we miss our little bundle of energy:D If you want to talk you know where to find me...
Hi girls!! Just got home from work,put Ryan down for a well deserved nap and thought I'd check in before workout time!!

colaz
01-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Wow...I missed a lot before that last post. Should have checked that after I posted.

Silver, I'm currently taking birth control to help balance my hormones (which the doctor said might be causing some of my mood swings...just finished my first month of that a few weeks ago), Lorazepan (for bad anxiety attacks, take as needed, maybe have one a month...don't like it because it makes me too loopy, but they help), and daily I take Lexapro (for anxiety and depression). I can finally say I am feeling better, but that is one of hte things I want to tlak to my counselor about. I don't like relying on meds, but I found when I went off the daily I got depressed again. I am just kind of hoping I can just talk my way through this. I don't want to be taking meds for the rest of my life...yet lol. Ok, right now I'm taking a Reading student-teaching kind of class. We just meet once a week for an hour, and we have about 60 hours of clinicals at the school, also I am taking a 5 credit Diagnostic Reading class (learning about different reading techniques and testing, and also use clinical to make a case study out of a student with a learning problem), and lastly I'm taking an independent study with a professor to help with my spelling and grammer problems. She is also going through a story with me that I have been writing. I love the Independent Study the best so far, I'm learning so much!

Hey Wendy! Kick butt during your workout! :) Hope Ryan takes a nice long nap.

Silverfern
01-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Colaz Your classes sound really interesting. How long will it take for you to qualify? That's so great the meds are helping and you've found a combo that works for you. I KWYM about not wanting to rely on meds, mainly because I know my lifestyle and eating habits are not helping and I'd rather try and fix those things first. The only med I'm on is Flutamide which is a male hormone blocker (also used to treat prostate cancer). Then if there's still a problem I'll look at meds then. I've tried two different antidepressants. I took Prozac for post-natal depression about 12 years ago and had no problems. Within the last year and a half, for PMDD, I tried Prozac again, now called Fluoxetine so not sure if exactly the same, and had panic attacks and felt suicidal all the time. Then I tried Citalapram and was exhausted all the time. I would spend most of the day in bed, which is a bit hard to do with kids and working from home. I'm afraid to try anything else, hence the diet and exercise.

Wendy Have a great workout.

I'm so unmotivated today and have quite a bit of work to do. I can't put it off any longer either.

colaz
01-16-2006, 06:50 PM
So, do you think the diet and excercise are helping Silver? So, you aren't taking anything else? Sorry about feeling so unmotivated. I'm sure you will feel better as soon as you get going! hang in there, and see if you can fit in some excercise sometime tonight! Hang in there!

Well, I had supper. It was a pretty good one! I had some roast beef, chicken, a baked potatoe, some carrotes, and a glass of milk. I ate a bit too much, but not too bad. Yummy!

now I plan on working on that paper.

jazy
01-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey, alll
Long timee no see!!! LOL!!
I hope all of you ate your fruits and veg's because I know I didn't.I have been having the worst week ever.GOD!!
But i am hanging in their!!!

I hope I havent gained any weight!!! UH oH!!!
Wish me good luck!!!

colaz
01-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Jazy, gl! Don't feel too bad about not eating too well this week. It was your b-day and all! Now you have no excuse though! lol...gl!

Silverfern
01-16-2006, 08:59 PM
So, do you think the diet and excercise are helping Silver?
I'll let you know in a month, Colaz. From past experience I know that it does, it's just sticking to it that's the problem. Mmmmm, baked potato. One of my favs. I love it with creamed corn, cheese and sour cream on top. Definitely not good for the diet, LOL.

Jazy, sorry you're having such a bad week - hope it improves.

I've managed to get some work done, yippee!!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Today I had a banana,a bagel with egg salad (ff dressing)and salad for dinner.That is it.I really think I should eat something more but it is after 8pm and as a rule I don't eat after 7pm.Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow morning and have my shredded wheat.Maybe a glass of juice to keep me going!;)
:hug: :hug: I hope all that are well,stay well...and for those of you that are not so well,I hope you get well:hug: :hug:
I'll be back before bed..

DivaLaRed
01-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi guys. I am on late (for me) but I had a friend over tonight who is going through a divorce, and I tried to cheer her up by watching Bridget Jones, which means I did not get my workout in tonight. :( Right now I am talking to a friend of mine from work who is frustrated like me about where we are work-wise. Which means I am drinking wine and having a couple smokes and I know I shouldn't be, but welcome to one of my weaknesses. :cry: I just had a wrap with one slice each of ham, turkey, canadian bacon, and regular american cheese. I know that is not bad, but I really want another one, especially the longer this conversation goes. Otherwise, I am going to have another glass of wine and a smoke. AAARRRRGHHHHH!

colaz
01-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Wendy, that doesn't sound like enough food...make sure you are eating enough! Good job today though! Have a good night!

Diva, I hope your day goes better tomorrow. You are a great friend!

Whoohoo Silver! Hope you feel a bit better now!

Well, I just finished my sleepy time tea, and I'm going to climb into bed with a good book. See you all breight and early in the morning!

andreaphilip3
01-16-2006, 10:20 PM
hi guys....
hi jasmine!! whats up girl? im having another very bad week so youre not alone.
hiya wendy, wow thats all you had?

gnite guys!

Wide in Winnipeg
01-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Off to bed in an hour or so tonight,I'm beat! Sucks getting up so early:dizzy: Oh well,I didn't eat anything tonight although I feel kind of weak,if it get's any worse I will have to eat something I guess,being hypogloxemic and all.Sugar is the quick fix but I will go for 1/2 a sandwich and a glass of juice instead:) and go from there.
Have a good sleep girls and see ya in the AM...Canadian time:p
Night

Silverfern
01-17-2006, 03:27 AM
Made a yummy vegetable soup with cheesy crusty bread tonight. There's leftovers so will have some for lunch tomorrow too.

Did another 70 minute walk tonight. I feel good!! Got blown around though as it's a howling Nor'Wester outside. Yuck.

Wendy ~ Definitely not enough to eat my friend.

Diva~ Hope you made it through the evening okay. It's sometimes hard being a good friend.

Enjoy your book Colaz.

Hi Diane. Hope your week picks up tomorrow.

Enjoy your sandwich and juice, Wendy. Sleep well.

Off to flake on the couch before I have a shower. Maybe I should do it the other way round but if I don't get round to having a shower, DH will just have to put up with me being stinky in bed, LOL.

sweet_pea
01-17-2006, 03:35 AM
sry haven't had time to read everything. i've had a headache all day and i'm not up to much at the mo
catch u tmrw

megsa
01-17-2006, 03:51 AM
Hey Ladies,

Got to work this am and actually had to work!!! After nearly 2 months of minimal work this comes as a bit of a shock! It has calmed down a bit now, but my engineer is supposed to be designing and then I'll have to draw. Not fun to have to do it at reception, but I've only got two more weeks here.

Had a good food day yest and did 45min on the bike. I have my bike in the lounge in front of the tv and it makes it really easy for me as I watch my fav shows at the same time. I exercise in the evening as I'm not very keen to get up any earlier than I do. I move at the end of the month and I'll be considerably closer to work, so I might do it then, but I doubt it.

Silver - I know the thing with pounds and kilos. I lived in the UK for 5 years and that's even more confusing as they've got stone as well!! Luckily I didn't really know how much I weighed then. My mom still has her scale in pounds, but I've now bought myself a new one in kilos and now know how much I weigh!!

Have increased my points to 22 and will now see what happens this week. I've also been trying to exercise at my target heart rate and that is making me work much harder as well.

Let me go and look as if I'm actually working and earning my salary.

Meg

LeslieFM
01-17-2006, 06:47 AM
Whoa....I will never have time to read all of these posts. I hope everyone had a great weekend....We went to Olive Garden, but I was pretty good...only half a breadstick, 2 pieces of pizza, and salad. Otherwise I ate pretty healthy all weekend, and am still working on being 160 by Feb. 14th.

I have been doing my exercises too.... YAY!

Take care everyone, I will check in later today.

colaz
01-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Oh wow I had a hard time crawling out of bed this morning. I have to sleep for class in about 15/20 minutes...grrrr! I'm really cold too. Trying to warm up quick under a blanket before I change and such.

I didn't get to sleep very easy lastnight. Finally around 1:30, and I layed down around 10! grrr! Oh wwell, I've got time to take a nap after class today.

Ok...I need to get going now.

Diane, I really hope you have a better day today!

Wendy, did you sleep well? Did you end up eating something...hope you are feeling ok this morning!

Silver, lol! if dh has a problem that you are smelly he can go to the couch! lol.

Sweet, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope you feel better this morning!

Meg, it sounds like you are doing really good! WTG yesterday! Keep up the good work!

Leslie, wtg this weekend! Especially at Olive Garden! It is so hard to stick at a restraunt, and you really did do good! Keep it up!

hellokittyfan
01-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi everyone,

I haven't had time to read everyone's posts yet, but I'm back after a nice three day weekend.

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful weekend together.

It's so hard going back to work today, though.

Hope you all are doing well.

Lisa :carrot:

Silverfern
01-17-2006, 02:51 PM
All quiet in my house - it's nearly 9am. The boys had a friend over last night and they were talking til 11pm - even my 3yo. I can imagine he'll be a happy chap today, NOT!!

I'm on a high right now. Just jumped on the scales for my weekly weigh-in and lost 2kgs (4.4lbs) in the first week. I wasn't expecting that much so I'm thrilled.

Sweet Pea ~ Hope your head's better today.

Meg ~ Sorry you had to actually work yesterday. It's a bug*er when that happens, LOL. WTG on the bike and doing well on your plan yesterday and working to your target heart rate. That makes such a difference. I've only been walking so far so it's hard to get it up there. Once I'm a bit fitter I'll try and add a bit of jogging in there. We used to use stone too. I remember a row in the UK not long ago about some old shopkeepers (mainly fruiterers) who were refusing to use metric weights.

Leslie ~ Congrats on the great weekend. It feels so good when you manage to control your intake in difficult situations. Having to go out to dinner concerns me at the moment. WTG on your weightloss, 53lbs is awesome. I love this site, seeing so many people making such huge changes and talking about their successes (and failures) is very inspiring.

Going to float on my cloud into the bathroom and have my shower.

Silverfern
01-17-2006, 02:55 PM
A few of us must have been posting at the same time.

Tessa ~ Sorry you had bad night last night. Hope you make it through your class today.

Lisa ~ Glad you had a great long weekend. Have a good day at work.

hellokittyfan
01-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey guys,

I just had to say to Tanya - way to go on the weight loss!!! Good for you!!!

Yeah, I'm back at work, waiting to go home!! Counting down the hours now!!
LOL!

Take care.

Lisa:D

Wide in Winnipeg
01-17-2006, 04:14 PM
HI Everyone!! I feel pretty crabby today and Ryan isn't helping matters because he is crabby too:( Guess we just have to deal with it.
My goal weight is 10lbs away and I just can't seem to lose any weight:mad: I just don;t know what to do about this anymore,I'm pretty upset with it.
Guess I'll have to increase the exercise to an hour and a half to 2 hours a day to get any results now,but on the same note I will probably be exausted and get sick if I do.
Any suggestions??

sweet_pea
01-17-2006, 05:02 PM
hey all
just touching base to say good morning
will catch you all later in the day

andreaphilip3
01-17-2006, 06:55 PM
hey you guys.....

tess and wendy sounds like you guys could use a nap today......hope ya get one.

hi all! jasmine good luck tomorrow!! oh my gosh...tess howd it go today? if u dot wanna post then you can email me.....

sweet_pea
01-17-2006, 07:51 PM
i'm napping too

already had a lie down for an hour. then got up for breakfast. i start the day with about a litre of water with lemon juice so i had that first, then napped then breakfast. now i'm going to take another rest. my brain is pickled so i need to turn off the computer and just practise some deep breathing and sit in the sun

have a nice day all

DivaLaRed
01-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Good evening Ladies......

I wanted to ask if any of you are keeping a jornal on the Journals page of 3FC?? I started one, but it is hard to make entries during the work day! I am doing good to keep up with you guys here in the threads!

I made a giant chef salad tonight that should last me the next couple days, so I am happy about that. When the BF is off the road, he cooks, so when he is gone, I am ALL about convenience and quick fixes! LOL

andreaphilip3
01-17-2006, 09:32 PM
hi diva sometimes i hate cooking also.
hi tess!~

jasmine where ya at girl?
wendy feelin better?

Wide in Winnipeg
01-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Hi Ladies I still feel like I have to Vent, vent, vent:p but I'm not going to. Almost time for bed so I'll see you tomorrow....unless I can't sleep;)

Silverfern
01-18-2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks Lisa.

Wendy ~ Sorry you're having such a rough day. Vent all you like - it's good to get it out. The last few pounds are always hardest. You may need to do something different to restart your body into loss mode again. Changing your eating patterns or combinations of foods may help or change your exercise routine for a while (and I don't mean make it longer - you shouldn't have to do that). I know this one sounds bad because you've obviously worked so hard to get where you are, but another option is to forget your diet for a week or two and then get back into. Even if it means you put on a pound, sometimes your metabolism just needs a shock and a lot of people swear by it.

Hi Sweet Pea.

Diva ~ The chef's salad sounds great. It would be so great having someone to cook for me. DH is not great in the kitchen and almost never offers to cook.

Hi Diane. Are you feeling any better?

Off to make dinner.

andreaphilip3
01-18-2006, 01:16 AM
hi guys,
silver no, my easting is def. suffering good thing my ww meeting is thur bc i need a good kick. thanks 4 askin tho.
wendy im worried bout you!!((((((( )))))
gnite yall!

andreaphilip3
01-18-2006, 01:17 AM
see yall on 13!