Weight Loss Support - Weird question.

View Full Version : Weird question.

Saffron
01-13-2006, 02:59 PM
I donít know what is going on here. For the last 4 days or so, I have been getting dressed in the morning and feeling really slim. My pants seem to button easier and it just feels good! But, by the end of the day, I am busting out of my pants. I feel painfully bloated and it sucks. I cannot figure out any hormonal correlation. And I donít think it is food related because I havenít really had the problem before. What do you think is going on.

Thank you ;)

Ruthxxx
01-13-2006, 03:01 PM
You are retaining water as the day goes on. Better check it out with your doc. You may need a diuretic.

NotTheCheat
01-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Saffron - I have had some trouble with bloating and mostly mine had to do with salt intake. Extra salt can really make you retain water and puff up. My doctor suggested I try to keep it around 2000mg but I find that pretty hard to do. I try to keep it as low as possible and I can definitely tell the difference when I have had too much. Processed foods, especially soups contain a lot of sodium. If it is really painful, you might want to see your doctor. Good luck and hope you feel better.

Saffron
01-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the responses! So quick too!!
I doubt I am retaining fluid or eating too much sodium. I try to only eat whole unprocessed foods. And I drink a ton of water during the day and I am in the bathroom at least once an hour. (I think it annoys my boss! LOL Oh well!!) I don’t know what happened. 4 years ago, when I weighed 228lbs, I don’t ever remember having so many stomach issues and problems. I could (and did) eat what ever I wanted to. I just find it so weird how I wake up feeling so good, and come home feeling like a whale. It doesn’t make sense to me.

srmb60
01-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Don't totally reject the idea of it being food related. Your body can develope food sensitivies as you age. I have to be very careful of dairy and potatos :shrug:

There's lots of important innards in your abdomen. It could be several things. I'd like to hear what your doctor says too. Ya know he/she is gonna ask about your bowels ;)

yogachick30
01-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Saffron:

If you eat a lot of unprocessed food then I assume that you have a fairly high intake of fiber. I have some problems with bloating when I eat a lot of high fiber foods. Maybe you should take a look at the amount of fiber in your diet... Good luck!

tipsygypsy
01-13-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't know if you've been having any trouble with your "bathroom habits", but a friend of mine has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and she has a real problem with bloating throughout the day. :(

TBJ333
01-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Also when your belly is smaller, filling it up with food and water probably creates a more noticeable change than it did when you weighed 228. :)