Old 01-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Exclamation Christian Stay at Home Moms--Friday

I hope no one minds me starting a new thread...our old was getting very long and very confusing. Please, moderators, let me know if this isn't kosher.

Good Friday morning everyone! What's everyone up to?

I spent a good two hours last night grading DJ's work and getting his work ready for today because I knew we had to take DH to work and go to the bank first thing today. So, we're all eating breakfast now and then we'll start in our school day.

As far as cleaning goes, I'm going to tackle my bathroom and my daughter's bedroom. I already detailed the living room, den and dining room (it's so nice to have a clutter-free home).

I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow -- but I wonder if it will happen? Probably not...as soon as DH jumps out of bed to go to work, I'm sure I'll be up. Ah well...tomorrow is a good day to do towels
FrugalChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/205/150

Height: 5' 6"

I sure don't mind you starting another one so we can keep on reading our posts. I went to the ortho doctor yesterday and he drained the knee! I don't want that again! I have arthritic spurs under the knee cap , nothing big , everything else looked great except the fluid build from wrenching the knee in dec. I will be doing the excersizes for the knee so I can keep it fluid free , and he gave me a cortizone shot , my knee hasn't felt this good in a month. good news is I have still lost more weight... I love my ab lounger so I was able to keep active while the knee was so bad. I would like to start doing yoga... anyone have any suggestions how to start that I would be interested in them. have a fun friday everyone!!
higherfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:44 PM   #3  

I got a Pilate's video that I want to try..it was suggested to me by a friend. I even got a mat because I hate exercising on the floor -- it hurts so much!

I'm glad your knee feels better. My DH has problems with his one knee grinding, he says. But he and I both suspect that if he'd lose some weight, it would elevate the pain.

Have a great weekend!
Old 01-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  

I bet it would .. my hubby breathes so heavy , he has started working out and eating right , and the pounds are slowly coming off , he is a short man and carried all of his weight in his belly.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Hi..I am new to this website and I would love to join your group. I am a 26yr old stay at home mom to 2 beautiful girls aegs 2 1/2 and 8 weeks. When I got pregnant with my 2nd dd, I weighed 217lbs..the highest point in my life. I am currently at 195 (yeah) and would like to be at 150 by my birthday in October.

I'm pretty much just trying to cut back on the sweets/fatty foods and exercise at least 20 mins a day. I just bought the walking off the lbs dvd series and have been doing those each day.

I would really love to join your group and have the support of other Christian stay at home moms like me!!! Thanks
Angielynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:51 AM   #6  

Hello and welcome. I really enjoy the Walking of the Pounds DVDs. I think you will too.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:38 AM   #7  

Hello gals. I'm new to the site as well and would really like to join this group as it totally describes me. I'm 29, a Christian SAHM to 4 boys (7, 2, and 3 month old twins).

I've lost 2 pounds since I started trying to lose weight and have been stuck at 218 for 3 weeks now. very frustrating. I just started the Slim-fast plan today, hoping to kickstart my weight loss.

I play Volleyball on Monday nights and have an exercise class on Thursday nights. I really need to begin exercising more than that. I'm getting my WATP dvd and my yoga dvd back from my friend who has had them since my last prenancy tomorrow, so I may be starting those back.

I hope ya'll don't mind me joining you??
~Lilybug
Lilybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:10 PM   #8  

Nope, not in the least. I really enjoyed my WATPs workout. I still have them and should probably use those on my 'slow' days (or maybe just get everything back into a rhythm?) *shrugs*

I am 29, too. I live in SE GA with my 8 yr old son and my 4 yr old daughter whom I both homeschool.

Glad you joined us~
Old 02-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #9  
goin' for goal!

S/C/G: 234.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi. I'm pretty new to this site and new to this thread. I'm a 50 year old SAHM, homeschooling my two daughters (16 and 12). My oldest daughter (29) lives in PA with her husband and her baby girl (almost 1).

My husband and I are "starting again" today to lose weight. We both have obesity-related health issues that we feel ("again") that we need to stop procrasting about. I'm praying for courage to lose this excess weight.

I did join Curves this past summer, and I did great for the first two months until an old foot injury kicked up (it has every now and then for over 12 years), and now I'm in physical therapy three times a week for my foot and my shoulder. I tried going back to Curves earlier this month, but it wasn't a good idea. So I can't exercise right now. I can, however, stop buying and eating sweets and fast food. It seems like such a hard thing to do right now, but I know Jesus can help me if I just let Him.

Any encouragement would be appreciated, as I usually don't get through a whole day eating right.

Nice to "meet" all of you. Have a great weekend!
fitchick2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:31 PM   #10  

Hello and welcome fitchick! I know that you will be delivered from those things that hold you back. I willbe praying for you and for your shoulder and foot. you can do it ! you can do it!! you WILL do it !
Take care . God bless.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/192/160

Default New and would love to join you

I would love to join your group!!! I am a 26 year old stay at home mom of 2 beautiful girls. One is 2 1/2 and my other daughter is 3 weeks old. I have recently become a stay at home mom...and have began to eat it seems all day I am going to start exercising as soon as i am released by the doctors, and i know i am going to need tons of help My husband is a great support at times, but doesnt' really know how to encourage without seeming as if he knows everything (which he kinda does know more than i do....he is a physical trainer for the police academy...lucky me)....I was so excited to see that there was a christian group here and a stay at home mom one also...how lucky to have found it.
kim
kim210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:24 AM   #12  
Debbie

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Smile New from TN

Hi, I am a SAHM of 2. A 13yo dd and and almost 10yo son. We homeschool them both and just love it. I need to lose 25 pounds and get back into shape. I will be 40yo in April and would really like to start taking better care of myself. Hope it is OK to join this thread! It sounds just like what I was looking for!
twicedlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #13  

Hello and welcome... looks like you found the right place to get support and encouragment... I hope you try out the chat rooms some time , you will find qute a bit of encouragment in there as well . I am a stay at home wife/mother.... I don't homeschool my kids , we have 7 kids total and are we are grandparents to 1 little boy (will be 3 this year) and then our daughter is expecting in August.. hubby and I are joined at the hip in this healthy eating and excersizing... he and I both are no longer wanting to be over weight and unhealthy , so since the 1st of this I have lost 24 and so has he .....I am glad that you have joined us here . you take care now and God bless.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:15 AM   #14  
goin' for goal!

S/C/G: 234.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Wow, higherfaith, that's wonderful that you and dh are having so much success! Congrats!
fitchick2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #15  

Thanks fitchick2be..... I noticed that I typoed a bit .... we started the weight loss and healthy eating the 1st of Jan. I got on the scales today and I am now at 230 pounds!! I started at 256.... Nothing starts a day off better than prayer . God bless and take care this day.