LA Weight Loss - Good Morning Everyone!

View Full Version : Good Morning Everyone!

Gymgurl
01-13-2006, 07:46 AM
I'm new to the boards and to the diet...I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 4 pounds...today I start with the meal plan....I'm a little nervous but very happy to have you guys! It is nicce to see some of questions already answered.....:dizzy:

PURPLEPIRATE99
01-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Good Morning and welcome to the board Gymgurl!! Yes, these ladies are so helpful and there are several newbies around here including me. Good luck - trust me - the plan works if you work the plan!!

and....CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS - THAT IS GREAT!!!!

brittyboo07
01-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Welcome Gymgurl always good to see a newbie!!! There is a ton and i do mean a ton of information here so take your time look around and join in the LAWL Loser and Friends thread for January. Congrats on that 4lb loss your starting off great!!

Gymgurl
01-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks guys....I need to go fill in the bio part....but I am married, 40 (eek) with three young daughters ages 4, 6 and 8. I'm a little nervous...this is the same weight I have been at for 2 yrs....I started at 220 and lost and ended up at 161 and have been there (within 5 pounds) for 2 yrs. SOoooooo I want to go under that weight and no matter what I do nothing moves....I think that I might not have been eating enough most days and binging on the others...so the weight stayed the same...not a way to live..I want a balanced plan that I can live with and this to me seemed like a blanced plan...so I'm hoping to get into the low 150's maybe high 140's.......

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard ... Congrats on your lose ... WOW you have come a long way so far !!!

My kids are about the same age ... my daughter just turned 9 and my sons are 6 and 4 1/2 (gotta get that 1/2 in there, it is important you know ! ;) )

Gymgurl
01-13-2006, 09:29 AM
That 1/2 can make a huge difference in behavior lol......is anyone else on the red plan? This just seems like sooooo much food to me lol

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-13-2006, 09:33 AM
They put you on the Red Plan ?? Hmmm Interesting ... I thought when you got into the 180's you went to the Gold Plan ? Ask in the LA losers and Friends thread ... I did LA years ago after the 6 year old was born ... I am doiing this with out the center this time around ... and when I started I was 190, and I was put on the Gold plan ... so that's what I am doing now ... :dizzy:

brittyboo07
01-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Wow they have you on red i dont understand that at all. No wonder you you cant get all your food in. Im 257.5 lbs and I am on red plan so i think they put you on the wrong plan. You might want to call the 1-800 number for LAWL and talk to someone there and talk to your counselor also and say am I on the right plan this seems like way to much food!

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Wow they have you on red i dont understand that at all. No wonder you you cant get all your food in. Im 257.5 lbs and I am on red plan so i think they put you on the wrong plan. You might want to call the 1-800 number for LAWL and talk to someone there and talk to your counselor also and say am I on the right plan this seems like way to much food!

Good advice !!! Yeah, I would ask your counselor about double checking to see if you are on the right plan ... Good luck !

shennie_97
01-13-2006, 09:54 AM
:welcome:
And congrats on your huge success with maintaining the 160 for 2 years! I am currently at 154 ish and started at 182 on the gold plan, so I too think you might be too high, unless you arenít doing lites and then maybe you are on red without lites?
Please come over to the monthly thread and like it was said earlier search and read around here and you will find answers to all of your questions. (well at least most ;) )

Gymgurl
01-13-2006, 10:55 AM
well I think the reason I am on red is that I workout 4 days a week or so...so they thought I wasn't eating enough for the amount I was exercising....4-5 days a week of exercise...40 min cardio and rest heavy weights is normal for me and a hour of kick boxing a week......so I think that was why

brittyboo07
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Even with all the exercise I would still think you would at the most be on the purple plan.... might want to ask to double check just in case cause if you are eating to much food then that will stall your weight loss also just something to think about.....

Chklithunder
01-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi Gymgurl,

I agree with Britt, I would think you should only be going as high as purple with lites. Let us know what the 800 number says!

Gymgurl
01-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Okay I called the 800 number and they said yes I should be on red because I exercise....but darn that seems like a ton of food...I should drop the lite at night....is that okay to do or do I have to ask first lol

Mom_of_3_Monsters
01-13-2006, 12:31 PM
WOW ... you must exercise a ton !!! More power to you !!! I wsh I could catch that exercise bug :p I would discuss your concerns with your center ... hopefully they can help you out, that what you are paying them for ;) ... Good Luck to you ! :hug:

Gymgurl
01-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I never thought I did lol...they must have....I know I do lose on 1500 cal a day better then I do on 1200....this is just from personal journaling...I wanted to complete in a natural Bodybuilding show this March well I ended up hurting my knee last April and that put me out for awhile...but I would like to get there again.....so I do lift some heavy weight 3-4 times a week plus cardio....who knows...I'm sure they will adjust it as needed

shennie_97
01-13-2006, 03:16 PM
gymgurl, how tall are you?

Gymgurl
01-13-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm 5'7 1/2.....

shennie_97
01-13-2006, 05:18 PM
with all of the weight trainign you are doing, I don't know how much body fat you have or what your measurements are, but you might not get too much further down if you are already toned. when you are toned i think inches mean more.
not to discourage you, but i don't want you to think you will be 130 either.
when i talked to the trainer at my gym he told me to look at about 140 at the least for a great toned muscular weight (not visably muscular) at my height of 5'6"

Maybe you can talk to the people at your gym since they see you in person they would have a better idea. A friend of mine who is extremley toned is my height and weighs 150, and you would swear she had to be at least 130.

Gymgurl
01-14-2006, 08:41 AM
I know...I would be really happy at 150.....I think my bodyfat last time I checked was 24%

Gymgurl
01-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Okay weighed in....lost 2.4 pounds and that makes 6.4 for the week....so they told me that yes this is the plan I need and to keep following it...so we'll see!

shennie_97
01-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Way to go gymgurl, you will be at 150 in no time. :D

Gymgurl
01-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Well see lol this is where I get to all the time and no loss...whoever this am I feel great...I have weigh in later

Leah AU mom
01-18-2006, 02:07 PM
They put you on the Red Plan ?? Hmmm Interesting ... I thought when you got into the 180's you went to the Gold Plan ? Ask in the LA losers and Friends thread ... I did LA years ago after the 6 year old was born ... I am doiing this with out the center this time around ... and when I started I was 190, and I was put on the Gold plan ... so that's what I am doing now ... :dizzy:

Norissa~ Do you have the current gold plan info?

I did LAWL a couple of yrs. ago, but the new plan which someone sent me has many more choices.

Leah AU mom
01-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks guys....I need to go fill in the bio part....but I am married, 40 (eek) with three young daughters ages 4, 6 and 8. I'm a little nervous...this is the same weight I have been at for 2 yrs....I started at 220 and lost and ended up at 161 and have been there (within 5 pounds) for 2 yrs. SOoooooo I want to go under that weight and no matter what I do nothing moves....I think that I might not have been eating enough most days and binging on the others...so the weight stayed the same...not a way to live..I want a balanced plan that I can live with and this to me seemed like a blanced plan...so I'm hoping to get into the low 150's maybe high 140's.......

My kids are 8, almost 7 and 2.5. daughter, daughter, son.
Good luck on LAWL:carrot:

emmysmom
01-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Gymgurl...you are 40? You have got to be kidding me!!! And 3 kids? Oh my goodness...I hope I grow up to look like you when I'm 40. Heck, I would hope to look like you right now, at 34!

Gymgurl
01-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Awwww you made my day! yep i'm 40.......YIKES

shennie_97
01-18-2006, 04:20 PM
gymgurl, I would not have thought twice if you would have said you were 24, you look great.

Gymgurl
01-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Dang...I'm hanging with you guys more often!! LOL just wait until my three daughters become teenagers! Then I will look my age from stress