Support Groups - Weight Loss & Chit Chat #161

View Full Version : Weight Loss & Chit Chat #161

FrouFrou
01-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Hello and Welcome to the Jaded Ladies thread to anyone reading this! :welcome3:

We are a very supportive and caring bunch of ladies who share our journey with weight loss as well as our everyday lives. So feel free to pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee (or diet coke or water-whatever your drink of choice, lol) and join us. We would love to have you join us! :cofdate: :gossip:

Marti
01-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

Thank you all for the comfort vibes you've all sent. Really appreciate it. It's all going to be ok. I keep telling myself that, and I keep telling that to James. He's more upset than I am. He's worried about me and him not being close by if I need him. So I let him know that I'm ok and will be, and that time will fly by faster than we can imagine and he'll be back in the Eugene Terminal!

He was making some phone calls all week it seems, and last night he spoke to another guy who just got promoted and he'll be heading up to the Dalles also. So that just helps James get home sooner.

Thank you all once again for letting me cry when I needed to cry. Sorry I'm not getting individuals today. I will try and get to them soon or just carry on from this thread.

(Thank you Cristi for starting a new one!)

Chat w/you all later!

FrouFrou
01-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Hiya ladies...

I am so mad :mad: Don't know what is going on with the television programming...they moved My Name Is Earl to Thursday night at 8 when my other favorite programs are on. CSI comes on at 8 and then Without A Trace at 9. Okay, so then they put The O.C. that normally came on Thursday at 7 to come on a 8! Switched Fear Factor from 7 on Monday to 7 on Tuesday which makes me miss Gillmore Girls that comes on at 7 on Tuesday! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: What the **** are they thinking?! Okay, so had to get that out! :lol: Speaking of programs...did anyone catch that new show The Book of Daniel? Okay, so I saw the commercials and didn't look interesting to me. But...we have a preacher in Wichita that seems to think he can tell people what to do etc...so a bunch of people wrote the local t.v station and they weren't going to air it. Well, more people wrote them saying they can't do that, who are they to tell us what we can and can't watch because of a few so-called christians saying they don't want it aired. So all the hoopla got me interested in it. DD and I watched it Friday night and thought it was funny! So a new show to add to our list of favs. Of course with all the hoopla surrounding it, I doubt it will last long. Anyway, :blah: :blah: :blah: let's see if I can remember what everyone said on the other thread.

JANE...I was just doing some dusting and vacuuming, nothing that would make me work up a sweat to sweat the make-up off or get my clothes icky. I don't get dolled up to run errands. I do wear make-up,everything but eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara...I save those for special occasions. Never have cared for wearing much make-up and if I didn't have so many freckles, etc. on my face I wouldn't bother with the rest. And my usual attire is jeans or I want to call them sweats but they are not (I only have one pair of sweat pants), and a sweat shirt or sweater. Used to wear a lot of denim dresses but have steered away from those. I am trying to wear clothes that fit me now, rather than baggy clothes. But I do stray back to the comfort clothes once in a while.

MARTI...((((((HUGS)))))) :hug: :hug: I'm sorry for the news about James' job. Instead of crying...come and chat with us, it will take your mind off of it if only for a few minutes. And 330 miles is only about a 4 1/2 hour drive (depending on the speed limit and how fast you drive)-a great weekend get away! And there's all the phone calls...I know it's not the same as having him by your side. I know this isn't helping but just know we are here for you when you need us. It will be okay, and you guys will be all the better for it.

SUSAN...I can never tell when you are serious girly...so are you serious about getting married in April? If so...I definitely would enter the contest. You and Rocky have the perfect and best story ever! So what date is little Miss Gaby's birthday? I would go with the Chuck E. Cheese party for sure! Hey, who doesn't love Chuck E. Cheese? I swear one day I am going into this one, haven't been in one in AGES!

MINDEE...glad Brandons bottom is feeling better. How is your FIL doing?

KATHY...for some reason I thought you had little ones! Couldn't remember. I miss living out in the country and am so wanting to get back out there. DH is wanting to farm in his old age. Grew up on one and always enjoyed that kind of work.

MEL...tomorrow is DS's GF's birthday also. I too would just buy what you want and not worry about what the others want. You should have a BYOB party that way everyone gets what they want. I never think about Friday the 13th but I do steer away from black cats crossing my path! :lol:

SUE...Nothing worse than having company and feeling sick. You deserve a day to do nothing! So take it easy and get to feeling better.

JULES...sounds like you have one smart DD! She seems to not have let her short marriage break her down and that's good.

Hi CHRISTINE, ANGIE, KATY, MARYKATE, ELLEN, EM, CONNIE, and everyone else! Sorry if I missed anyone. I can't keep track of everyone some days and this is one of those days! :lol:

Not sure what I am doing today except spending some time online looking at jobs. I swear I am always looking for a job and one day I will find one! :lol: If I don't find something soon I am going to go back to volunteering, something I truly enjoyed. I think I have blabbed enough for now. Need to go get in a walk and a load of laundry.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Mom2Gaby
01-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Of course I am serious!! For shame lady!! lol

That is why I am taking wee Gabrielle to be a flower girl. I really need to take the older girls too but we will see on that.Course I can't live there for a while but he could at least make me his wife - it has been a year and a half!!

gawd - have to go to a safety meeting- better get. Pay day!! Now I can get my shoes. That little old man wears New Balance....might look into that brand.....

Jane
01-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Hi ladies,

Mel - if you think the calorie content is bad in one of those dinners, try taking a peek at the fat and sodium!! It will make you want to keep your DH away from them, too. Sometimes a person just has to use something like that, though, and I understand how it is.

Kathy - what kind if work does your DS do? Whatever it is, I'm glad he's such a go-getter. He'll go far in life, I betcha. About the gardening, I'll help you with whatever I can. Some of the other JLs are much better than me in the garden, I'm thinking.

Jules - so glad that your DS and DD are living close to you. I'm having trouble thinking of Katie so far away. The other two have stayed close by, so this is hard.

Susan - are you really getting married??? If so, I'm very, very happy for you and Rocky. How will you work out the living arrangements?

Marti - glad to see you here, and happy that James may not be gone as long as you thought. All of us JLs are willing to help get you through it, sweetie. :hug:

Cristi - I know what you mean about the TV shows being moved around! They hardly get a chance to make it in one time slot, then BAM, they're who-knows-where.

I've had a hard day, missing Katie. If she wasn't so far away, it wouldn't be so bad. But I've kept busy in spite of it all. Shopping can be a very effective therapy. :yes: Bought some new cookware and a new toaster, and some other things I've been wanting. Mary's coming over in a little while to visit - that will help cheer me. In the meantime, Katie is having a ball! She has the day off and when I talked to her this morning, she was headed to EPCOT to ride the new Soarin' attraction, with her roommates. Everytime we talk, she's very animated, and has a lot to tell me, which makes me feel better about the whole thing.

Thanks for being here, JLs.... it means a lot!!

Btw, I'm POP again. :)

Mom2Gaby
01-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I couldn't move there until I could take all 3 girls and I couldn't do that until someone............dies. lol Soooooooo morbid but their father is 72 or until they reach 18 and I know they are out of school and could move with me if they wanted.
I couldn't leave anyone behind.......anyway- he could still marry me or make some sort of promise - I feel like I am hanging at times. Though it will make a second trip to Hawaii - so he has been great in that department.
It will be nice to go in April and relax with Gaby. I couldn't do that before.

blah - blah........need to walk tonight!!!

Allensmom23
01-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Mom2Gaby- wow, that must be tough! But atleast lives someplace nice and pretty! How old are your girls?
Marti- hang in there, hon! We're all here for you and we know you need to vent, cry, chat, laugh, whatever. It's ok!
Christi- I hate when they mess with my TV! The worst is when you think it's a new episode on, and then it's a re-run! I watch Lost and it's very hard to follow, but then they keep showing a rerun, then a new one, then 2 reruns . . . I can't remember what is going on half the time!
And yeah, I looked at the sodium in that meal. Holy crap! I'm surprised the man is still living! He eats so much junk all the time. He never excercises, never drinks water . . . I really don't need him dead in 5 years!
Jane- Katie's in Epcot! That's awesome! Mark and I were supposed to take out honeymoon to Disney World (I've been there twice, he's never been) but we married several months earlier than originally planned because I had a little cookie in the oven, so we couldn't afford a honeymoon. Hope she's enjoying herself!

I havn't done much of anything today. I went accross town to check on a friend who's been mia for about a week now. His car was there, but he wouldn't answer the buzzer or his phone. I finally got ahold of him at work and he appologized. I guess he and his gf are having isues and he's all bummed.
I did a lot of home work out stuff the past 2 days. I planned to get to the gym this am before Mark went to work, but he wouldn't role his skinny butt out of bed to save his life! So I did the best I do here.
Oh, I was having a moment and ate 1/2 a bag of white cheddar popcorn! EEP! And for supper I had the other half of a banana I gave my son. I mixed it with pear juice and rice cereal, he really liked it, and so did I!
So, I'm not sure if I'm getting to the gym today (GRR!) and tomorrow Mark works till 3 and then we have to get Allen ready and take him to my mom's house and then get us ready for my party. Saturday . . . oh, I'll be hung over.
O well, I need to stop making exscuses and do the darn work!
Talk soon!

suetalks
01-13-2006, 01:57 AM
HI ladies. Feeling better tonight after two lazy days. I hope the sinus headache doesn't hang on much longer. DH has been even worse than I, and he hardly ever gets sick. Poor baby!
Jane- I feel for you about leaving Katie, and missing her. It will pass quickly, and thank goodness you get to talk to her. Sounds like she is having quite a good time. You are going to be building a house the same time we are. Just lots of red tape to get through now for us. DH and the builder are sending drawings back and forth about which trees will have to be cut out on our lot. They keep trying to move the house enough to save the most trees. We wanted a wooded lot, so hope not to lose too many. We went down to a 1/3 acre lot and will go down in house size too, except for DH's attached workshop.
Marti-I bet James is upset, as I know you are. Time will go quickly and you have us to come talk to. (((hugs)))
Susan-Are you kidding? A wedding in Hawaii in April? How much better could it get? My DD is getting married in Lake Tahoe in the snow next week, hardly compares with Hawaii. :) (Although she has done the honeymoon in Hawaii with her ex..eeekkk)
Cristi-My pet peeve with TV also. I get used to a program and they either move it, re-run it all the time, or just plain cancel it. DH just said tonight that we pay for cable and still there is nothing on TV. But if we don't have it he goes stir crazy in the winter. Can't win.
Mel-Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you....don't get TOO badly hung over.
Jules-Good for your DD for picking up the pieces and going on with her schooling. And it must make it easier for you that she and DS are living together. My 3 kids are close and talk on the phone alot. The two girls more than our son, but they all live too far apart to visit much. I wish they could live closer as I think family is so important.

Tomorrow is going to be busy. Need to go to K-Mart and Target to look at the exercise equipment, basically steppers. I still haven't done that. Then I need some gift cards for upcoming birthdays, and lots of cards. We need some toiletries and OTC drugs. Off to the dollar store or 99 cent store for some odds and ends. Then it is seafood night at our favorite eatery. DH is in heaven when Fri. rolls around. No diff to me as I don't eat seafood.

I did get the laundry and ironing done today, so I won't have to bother with that for awhile.
Mom is coming for two weeks on Mon. That will be fun.
Hello and good Fri. 13th to all JL's. Hey, Ellen...come back, we miss you.

da fat n da furious
01-13-2006, 03:19 AM
Good evening Ladies,
Susan I love you,,,when Im getting serious you come in with WE ARE GOING TO CRASH...lol cracks me up. you serious serious about getting married?

Sue glad to know you are feeling better...

Mel,,,have fun at your party.

Jane,,,ah big hugs to you. I had figured you would be pretty upset...thought about you alot that day. Glad to know you have distractions,,,and Mary is feeling better from her bought with the flu?

Cristi,,,grrr about the TV same as you I get pretty wound up when they mess with my shows. Have to tell you guys Im addicted to Reno shows...the two that I find myself going nuts over is Debbie Travis' show and Mike Holmes. Who happens to be coming to the home and garden show here...*breathing heavy I want to go! Dang I go all tangled up with this dang play.

Marti,,,Im sorry you going to parted temporarily from you sweetie...TEMPORARY!!! Remember that.

Kathy, we have died down now that the holidays are over,,,this is a good time for us to regroup. We are short staffed,,,as most companies are. Got a great compliment for one of your drivers...Olds College,,,(the pub) said they miss their HW9 driver,,,that he was so sweet. I guess Cochrane isn't cutting it.

Jules,,,the good thing is both are together and so you can feel that they are safer with each other watching over each other.

well not much happening,,,work,,,theatre. Show opens tomorrow the 13th,,,bah bah ha ha (twilight zone music in background)
Ive yet to watch the show,,,will do that with Monte Sat night. love what I can hear...somehow I have been roped into doing props,,,and backstage,,,and then they fired the hairdresser so Im doing that too...hmmmm
and then Tanner forgot his dress shoes,,,so I traded shoes wiht him,,,my feet are aching beyond belief.
I got my hair colored,,,almost black with wild red down to copper chunks everywhere. Have an eye infection again,,,so back to glasses...my nose is bruised from me banging the glasses...love my glasses NOT!
my surgery is Feb 22nd. around the time there will be a full time position opening...Im next in line. Hope Im not over passed...With Tanner needing braces I need the benefits that come wiht full time.
Well must get to bed...night all

tommysgirl18
01-13-2006, 04:21 AM
Update on my FIL: He was suppose to be released from the hospital yesterday, Thursday. But, since he still hasn’t healed up yet and his tube is still in his lung, then he is still to remain in the hospital. He is being ornery and is mad, my MIL told Tommy. The hospital isn’t letting him get up to go to the bathroom because of the tube still being in place, so he is mad about that. We don’t know exactly when he will get out of the hospital.

My GMIL is in a nursing home, and has been since New Year’s Eve. She fell and broke her hip the day after Christmas. So, the doctor’s put a steel plate and screw in her hip. She has been in there like I said since New Year’s Eve, and now my FIL. What else could go wrong?

Jane
01-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Good morning ladies,

Susan - oic!

Mel - Katie was just visiting Epcot yesterday. She gets in all the parks for free anytime she wants, and get a discount of food, merchandise, and resorts rooms. Which all that will come in handy when we go back down there in March. She'll be working in Animal Kingdom, in Dinoland.

Sue - thanks for your kind words about Katie. I'm pretty sure, that if the soil sample is ok, we'll have to take down only one unproductive apple tree. That's one reason we picked the area we did. Although we have 58 acres, we want to get as close to the old site as possible. Glad you're feeling better.

Angie - wow, sounds like you've been busy - as usual - with the play. I just can't wait to meet you, Ang. Your personality reminds me so much of a close friend I have irl. Her name is Kathy and we've been buds since we were 13. Anyway, thanks for the thoughts the other day. It's getting easier, and I didn't even cry after Katie and I hung up last night. She's so happy, and I keep telling myself she's at Kayla's house, which is not far. The distance thing bothers me! I too hope you aren't passed over for fulltime because of the surgery. That wouldn't be fair!

Mindee - don't ever ask what else can go wrong, hon.... the Fates will be happy to show you. I know you're just glad that it isn't one of your DSs who're sick. Thank you for the update.

Today I'll have Madison with me for most of the day. Mary's kids take turns being "Grandma's Girl" and it's Madi's turn. That will keep me busy, lol. Not sure what we'll do yet, but we'll think of something.

I've been eating something for lunch that's very healthy, oh so good, and carries me nicely for hours. It's 2 1/2 ounces of cooked chicken, shredded, mixed with green onion, or celery, 1 T chopped walnuts, and 2 T Light Done Right Ranch dressing. I pile this on toasted Sara Lee Multi Grain bread and eat it with an orange. I think the protein is what's giving me the edge, and the nuts have the Omega 3 fats that are supposed to be so good for us. Just thought I'd share.

See ya later. :wave:

Mom2Gaby
01-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Good Morning!!!!

Jane - what is oic??? Reminds me so much of oink:ink: :ink: :ink: The shredded chicken sandwich sounds YUM:hun:

I love you too Ang - you wanna get married in April??? hehe. I must say meeting Angie back in 2000 she cleans up well. When I first saw her in the airport she was ..........messy -lol but when we went out one night she was all pretty in a pink sweater and very pretty - though she was pretty messy too,,,,,,,,in a pretty messy way....lol :comp:

You can call me Susan , Mel. Though Gaby was calling me Mommy Susan last night and I said "excuse me, you only have 1 mommy - you don't need to call me Mommy Susan. Because she does call her dad - daddy Mike and my ex husband Daddy Doug.
Though Daddy Doug is her daddy in the true sense. He has babysat her since she was 1 years old- she will be 4 mid Feb....:comp: :stars:

Long winded today, ain't I???:encore:

Where is Katy??? I should have honked when I passed her house this morning!

Mindee - HUGS - hope all your relatives are doing better today :)

Sue- Good Morning :) am I kidding?? Usually to humor myself but if you dare me I will do it and who knows I might get married in April. I just would rather have some more answers to our future before I was married......like "when am I going to see you again Rocky??" - lol:mag:

Walked 2 miles! YAY The ex put it at the most inclined position and it was a tough walk. Tomorrow is weigh in - yay.....argh.....

I had scrambled eggs w/ tuna this morning.......don't ask, the ex made it. It was good.

better get busy.....morning Cristi!!

RosieKate
01-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm here...I'm here...just a busy week and I haven't had much time to write anything beyond my daily check in on the challenge. The challenge is very helpful, btw. Just knowing I have to "report" is very helpful....so if any of you were thinking about joining in, please do! the more the merrier and the goals don't have to be too heinous. Baby steps, you know....

Susan- how funny - I always wave when I pass your house on the way to the gym in the morning...'course that's probably when you are passing my house so neither of us are at home:dizzy: Ok - so what's up with Doug - he sure is feeding you alot lately:D As my grandma says, "Any meal is delicious that you don't have to make yourself" Hee hee. BTW - kudos to you for thinking of your girls when considering a move to Hawaii. My mom left our home when I was 13, and our location wasn't much of consideration after that. She spent most of the time in Eugene which wasn't too bad for visiting, but there were times when she lived on the other side of the country for her doctoral work and it was hard knowing that for her that was her priority, not being available for us when we were teens. Has always been a bitter pill, but we grow up and move on. I am glad that you are staying close to your girls. They may not act like they need you, but they really do.

Jane - a belated Welcome Back - glad you had a good trip. Hope your soil testing goes well...building a new house probably seems like a massive undertaking, but it will be fun to watch it take shape. That's how I feel about our additon....it is always cool to see the progress. That chicken sounds really good. I have some canned chicken from Costco that I might have to try that with. If you like spicy food, I take that canned chicken, mix it with either one wedge of Laughing Cow cheese or a TB of FF Mayo, then I put a bit of hot chili garlic sauce and mix it all up. Makes a tasty chicken salad for sandwiches.

Mindee - hope things are looking up for your family members...hard when loved ones are so ill.

Angie - hope you don't lose out on that full time opportunity because of your surgery - that would be a bummer. We are looking at some ortho for DS...fortunately we have a little coverage. He will go to the orthodontist I had, who set up a good payment plan for the balance...so I figure he'll do that for DS as well. It wasn't too bad.

Sue - glad you are feeling better..your house plan sounds lovely - I like wooded lots, too. Hope you can keep lots of trees.

Marti - Sorry about James' transfer :hug: Susan is right - we can come down there and entertain you for a day - take your mind off of things. Good excuse for me to see my brother, since he is in Eugene.

Mel - what party - where, lol! Don't get too crazy girl.

Cristi - glad you got some good news at your second mammo. Hope you stay on in the challenge thread. I can see how it can be difficult to settle on a challenge that fits where your life is at the moment. I think you're doing great.

Been watching Dancing with the Stars, and of course I watched The Bachelor - can't live without a little sleazefest. That's the Bach, not DWTS. The dancing show is downright inspirational...I should sign up for some ballroom dancing...bet that would burn off these pounds. The Bachelor is like slowing down to look at a car accident...just....can't....look....away.

Hi to anyone I missed - have a great day everyone

RosieKate
01-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Back for a minute to tell you about a free diet website called ***********(dot.com). I checked it out and it is like Fitday, but there's more guidance and the exercise component is easier to use. If you're cheap, like me, and don't want to pay for ediets or some other online service this may be up your alley.

I signed up, but I am recording my food in a diary at the moment and don't want to record it twice. I'll check back after this fist 21 day challenge is complete.

I know there's a new policy about external links, but since this is a free site, I thought I'd be okay to post this.....Just let me know, Jane or Marti, if I need to move or remove.
Thanks

ETA Ok - they automatically bleeped me...PM me if you want to know the name of the site and I can email it to you

FrouFrou
01-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Good afternoon ladies...

:woo: :balloons: :hat: :hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL! :hb: :hat: :balloons: :woo: Hope your day is special! Don't party too hard. ;)

SUSAN...well, you let me know when you do get married...I would love to go to Hawaii! Gaby would be the cutest flower girl. New balance shoes are good ones...no wonder the old man can walk so far. Hey, the first time I saw OIC I too thought of a pig! :lol: Then figured out it is oh I see! LOL

MARTI...hope you are having a good day. :hug:

SUE...hope you are feeling better and get over that sinus headache soon. I had the same thing a few days ago. Now it seems to have moved to my stomach.

KATY...I have always wanted to take dance lessons. V doesn't like to dance, imagine that. I LOVE to dance and miss it even though I wasn't very good. I will be back over on the challenge, in a few days, I'm thinking Monday after WI. Not having such a good week as far as weight loss, exercising, etc. but I'm not sure why since I started out good. I'll have to check out that site and see what it's all about.

ANGIE...you have your surgery on Josh's BD-Washington's bd too! So it will be easy to remember. Your hair sounds pretty! I wish I was more daring with my hair. I always liked Pink's hair when it was pink and thought about doing that, for like a minute! LOL

JULES...I thought I saw a post from you, guess not. Well, HI anyway! :wave: Hope all is well with you.

MINDEE...hope both your FIL and GMIL get to feeling better soon.

JANE...wtg on being POP! :bravo:

That's about all I have ladies. Not a lot going on with me. Had errands to run this morning and now getting some laundry done. Last night I went through some of my photo albums to gather pics for my nephew and need to finish them up today. My sister was/is a horrible mom and she never took pics of the kids. Well, Michael has had a hard time because she will not tell him anything about his father and he has been searching for him for a few years to no avail. She never took picutres of him when he was younger either, neither one of the boys and he mentioned it one day. Well, me being me and always having a camera have lots and lots of pics of him which I know he will appreciate. I sent him some before but just got lazy and didn't go through the albums since. So this will be a nice surprise for him. Anyway, best get going and get the clothes out of the dryer and the other load in.

Take care ladies and have a blessed weekend!

Marti
01-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Hello gals...

Boy, talk about sleeping in! Today I'm going in a bit earlier than my early day....it's our last day at this building!!! We start moving things slowly, AND try to keep up the work around here. CRAZY. The actually moving starts tomorrow.

I usually leave at 3:00...it's already 12:30 so I better get a move on, my hair is sticking straight up!

Chat w/you all later!

cjdodson
01-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone!

Marti - sorry to hear about James leaving. We are here to listen anytime. :listen:

Cristi - YEA on the mammogram results! :D

Well, DD had her surgery this morning - FINALLY!! The doctor said he got all the cancer but of course it can return. (cervical cancer) She has a re-check in 2 weeks to see if any more spots have started. We are so thankful it is over and with good results. Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers. I am totally worn out from all the worry.

DH had a bad week, that's why I haven't been around much lately. Every day is different. We're just thankful for the good ones.

Jane - Glad you had a nice trip & Katie is settled.

Time to fix supper.

Bye for now.

Connie

Jane
01-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Hiya ladies.... I'm back!

Susan - lol, maybe you oughta print out the sticky of anagrams. OIC=oh I see. I forget what I see about now, though, lol.

Katy - I'm always looking for ways to spice up the ordinary so I don't get bored with humdrum food too often. Except I need my peanut butter and cinnamon graham crackers every day, lol.

Cristi - awww, that is so sweet, what you're doing for your nephew! Yep, I'm doing well OP and eating as healthily as I can. But when I need something not-so-healthy I will work it in with my calories/points. That's what worked for me before, anyway.

Marti - good luck with the move tomorrow. Do you have to be there for that?

Connie - glad the surgery is finally over and you can breathe easier now.

Neal is watching yet ANOTHER episode of CSI, and I'm lonesome. Not in the mood to read, so I played some solitaire with real cards, not on the computer, lol. Almost forgot how!

Not much else to say.... g'nite.

da fat n da furious
01-14-2006, 04:53 AM
Oh good Connie!

Jane they don't have cinnamon wafers here,,,i did check. But oh so love the plain ol graham wafers.
Marti, I seriously need to sleep in,,,but only Sunday can I do that. Its almost 2 am just got home from opening night. Tanner has lessons first thing tomorrow morning...arghhh
Other then the mics going all haywire it was a success. We feel Friday 13th,,,with full moon...and of course throw in some ghosts caused all the mic problems.
Cristi that is so sweet of you to do that.
need to get to bed,,,

jules1216
01-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Mel--:balloons: Happy Birthday! Hope the hangover isn't too bad...

Marti- :hug: we are all here for you!

Connie- :hug: to you too--hope all goes well with your dd's checkup

Susan-- my kids have the same thing with what they call the grandparents--
my Mom is Grammy, my Dad is Pappy Wayne and his wife is Grandma Joan, my mil is Grammy Lee, my DH's Stepfather who left my mil and had another child at 65 is Pappy Elvan--his new wife is just called by her name. My fil is Pappy Bill and his wife is Grandma Carol, then there's my ex's parents, Granny Gin & Pappy Bob who always took my dd along when they took ds so that is also what she calls them. It got really confusing when the kids had to do a family tree in school.
Side note--there's always a chance of a June weding in Las Vegas (teehee!)

Jane- your lunch is making me drool....I am going have to try it sometime. Today is the first day of Sonoma Diet, so I am going to missing fruit for the next 10 days. I am just glad that dd didn't move away like the ex :devil: wanted to --wouldn't that have been a major mess...

Sue--not too much into seafood either though my Dad, Mom and brother have always been. Give me Mexican when I go out!! Love baked chicken chimichangas! I really need to learn to make them at home in a low-cal way.
My kids have always been close--DS is still paying most of the bills--the one thing he told DD was that she was not to even consider quitting school. She did get a part-time job and she pays the phone bill and the electric. He does the rent and groceries.

Angie- I miss being roped into things involved with the kids...I would love to see a picture of your new-do - it sounds cute--perfect for a theater mom!

Mindee-- :hug: Look up things have to get better soon!

Katy-ballroom dancing sounds fun--DD wants to squeeze in a swing dancing class at the college she goes--she took several years of dance in high school.

Hi to Christine and EM (wherever you are)--hope I didn't miss anyone!!

jules1216
01-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Me again--DS has been friends/dated whatever they want to call it a wonderful girl for about the last threeyears with several small-long breaks. He met her mom years ago when he took her to homecoming and prom. He never liked her step-father. She moved with her grandmother for her senior year and DS and her took a break. DS dated two other girls during that time--first one was nice but not for him--they were very self-destructive together since they shared many of the same bad qualities, the second was very dramatic and turned out to be a bit psycho--DS finally found out she had been dating at least two other guys in addition to him. In between all this he always has remained friends with the wonderful girl who DD has always maintained that he will end up with when he grows up and gets smart--both my DH,mother, brother and I have met and love this girl too. Well they are together "officially" and DS is going today to meet her grandmother and father today. He's nervous, but she told him that he already has points with her Dad and Grandmother for not getting along with her step-father who mistreated her. (He was very verbally abusive to her & the one time that he did it in front of my son--my son told him to leave her alone-hence the reason they don't get along)
I am not rushing anything and hope they wait a few years to get married--he will be 21 on April 1st and she turns 20 in August, but DS is happier than he has been in a while.

FrouFrou
01-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Happy Saturday Ladies!

Has anyone signed on and gone to a thread only to get this message? "The server is busy at the moment. Try back in a few mintues, etc." Since the changes to the site, I have gotten that LOTS of times which seems strange. I've signed in before and turned around and signed out because everytime I clicked on something I would get that.

MEL...hope you are not hurting too bad from the party last night.

CONNIE...thanks! And so glad to hear good news about DD, also sorry DH had a bad week. :hug:

MARTI...happy moving!

SUSAN...what did Doug fix you for breakfast today that was good?! Wish I had someone cooking for me. :(

HI ANGIE, JULES, JANE and everyone else! :wave:

I was up late last night reading my book so slept in this morning. Don't really have anything to do today anyway, so not a biggee. V has to work and I will probably spend hours on the 'puter. Anyway, didn't really have anything to say. Came to change my signature and avatar, again! I know...figured there is no point in having a ticker thingy if it doesn't show up half the time so just deleted it. Anyway, now I am off to find a new avatar. See ya :wave:

Have a GREAT weekend!

Mom2Gaby
01-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Good Morning -

Doug is great (for the most part-lol) I can count on him for breakfast and dinner.He seems to like to cook (though he never did in our marriage).

Today though I made my own oatmeal with banana for breakfast. I also hard boiled 2 eggs for snacks - I already ate one and was a good girl and tossed the yoke. I don't know why I have to toss the yoke but eveyone says to toss it so I tossed it. Seems a waste!!! lol

I weighed in at 161 - woo hoo. 2 pounds! Process cheese rocks! I walked 3 miles and might get another 1.5 to 2 miles in tonight.

I sooooooo don't want to get married in Vegas - lol. Simple Hawaiian wedding would be cool -

better get. Have a basketball game and some errands to do.....

FrouFrou
01-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Hiya Susan!

Well, oatmeal with banana sounds good! I haven't had breakfast or lunch so I am starving right now. Missed breakfast because I slept late and breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so I don't know what I want...the reason I haven't eaten yet!

Hey, I think a simple Hawaiian wedding on the beach would be so beautiful! Maybe at sunset! You're making me want to get married again! :lol:

Woohoo on the loss this week! :carrot: :bravo: Maybe I should start on the cheese!

Have fun at the basketball game!

FrouFrou
01-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Okay, so now I am seeing that my whole signature is not showing up...I thought it was just the tickers that weren't showing up after one post per page??? So my name isn't there or anything. Guess I will just have to cut down my posts to one a day! :lol::p

Edited: I swear I am losing my mind. :dizzy: :crazy: Went back and checked and it is the whole signature that doesn't show up except for once a page. Guess I might as well add the ticker thingy again, good grief! :crazy: I really need to go get some food! :lol:

Edited again! Okay, now it popped up on this post! What the heck is going on! :lol:

Edited again! And now it's gone! :lol: And so am I!

Marti
01-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi girls!

Talk about stressing a gal out! What more can go on? What you ask??:D

Last night while I was leaving work, I had a note on my car, someone had backed into or bumped into the back of my car! Some one had seen this (the car just drove off) and left me a message and the cars license plate #. Very nice of them to do. I made some phone calls to the insurance and the police and all that jazz. I really don't need this right now. Think my hair is going to fall out.:dizzy:

This morning I went to look at the damage.....and I didn't see a thing! Last night it looked really scratched up and I thought the paint was gone, but that was in a dark parking structure. In the daylight, I'm not seeing much. Just a dirty car. So even though I made the calls, I'm waiting until James comes home to look at it himself before I continue w/the procedures of filing a claim to get it fixed. But I don't see anything wrong! Frustrating. All this worrying and no damage. That I'm thankful for, but sheesh.....do I need to worry so much? James is going to try and get a break and come home sometime next week or weekend.

Boy, the things that go on in a person life!! Enough to drive me batty.:)

Jhanai is calling me so I better make this quick. Thought I would share that bit of news.

Next post won't be so dramatic or just about me. I will try to get to individuals soon.

Thanks for listening.

Jane
01-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Hiya ladies, :wave:

Angie - hope you get to sleep in late tomorrow. Is Tanner taking voice lessons?

Jules - I am loosely following the Sonoma diet, or did I already tell you that, lol. At least I am including most of the 10 power foods daily. I feel really good, and seem to have more energy.

Cristi - about the signatures, it will only show once per page. About the other problem, there have been a few changes and the site is super busy with all the newbies wanting to lose weight. Also, with the book coming out, the site is being advertised even more. About the time the new year's dieters slack off, the book followers will be here, lol. Yay! :cp:

Susan - go ahead and eat the yoke of the egg, hon. It won't hurt you. I'd go for a Hawaiian wedding, too, if I were you. But the JLs could stand up for you at an Elvis Chapel in Vegas, lol.

Marti - are you sure you didn't dream that, lol? Well, at least the car isn't damaged.

Hey, you know how I said Friday the 13th is always lucky for me? I got a $1100.00 check yesterday that I wasn't expecting, hehe. :carrot:

I haven't cried today (yet) about Katie!!! I really am making progress. :yes:

Gotta run....

suetalks
01-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Happy week-end all Jl's. It was a lovely day here, sunny and bright. We had some errands to run. Of course when I went to look at the stepper at K-Mart they were out. Then I went looking for new bathroom mirrors and couldn't find what I had in mind. Grrrrrr... The only thing I really bought was birthday cards for the "grands." Then we went to eat and "played" a little bit. Came home where I am watching the dog show. (as we speak)

Tomorrow is going to be my day for getting the house ready for more company..my Mom. She will be here for 2 weeks and I am anxious to see her.

Back to the dog show for me.

jules1216
01-15-2006, 09:53 AM
My vcr died!!! I know I need to upgrade. I think I am going to get one of those VCR/DVD combo's since most of my exercise tapes are for VCR. I can upgrade some of the ones I like to DVD because they are from Gaiam and I get their catalog and the DVD versions are in it, but my favorite tape that I LOVE is an oldie...Cosmo's Tonetics. It is an allover workout that I love and have been doing on weekends when the Slim-n-tone is closed or if I get home to late to get to the gym. Any favorites with the allover workout that anyone can recommend?

RosieKate
01-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Hello All!

Jules - We have a DVD/VCR combo and it's nice to have both. As far as tapes go, I really like the Core Effects series and I think you can order them in either VHS or DVD. It comes with the big exercise ball. When I am stuck at home, my routine includes those videos and the stepper for cardio.

Sue - Enjoy your visit with your mom...Did I mention I got my stepper at GIJoes? I've been pleased with it and GIjoes.com was a great site to buy from.

Jane - Yay for $$$

Marti - Could you take the car to a mechanic to see if there's any fram damage? If it's your new car, you could probably have the dealer look at it. Better to be safe than sorry. I hate dealing with car problems....it's like the whole world stops until the wheels are moving again.

Cristi - I think I read that the tickers only come up once a page or something like that. See ms that people have some really image-heavy signatures and it was making dialup have a harder time reading the pages. At least that's how I read it. I just dumped my ticker since it seems kind of pointless to have it now. I was toying with the notion of posting progress on my avatar. But hen I realized I needed to have some progress for that to work! :D Might happen this week:goodscale

Susan - hope you are having a good weekend...I am so SICK of rain! My kids have webbed toes. We have been watching lots of videos and figure skating; I've been knitting up a storm, but I really just wich we could go outside and play. Sigh. BTW - YAy for the loss!

Well, my MIL's dad passed away earlier this week. He was very old and it was very peaceful. The funeral was yesterday, so DH went (I stayed home with the kids and watched a gazillion dvds) His sister flew in from St. Louis, so it's been nice to see her. Hopefully we'll get to visit a little more before she goes. Today is church and DH is taking the kids swimming ( yes!) Tomorrow is a school holiday, and our art museum is having a free admission day. My son's school principal emailed an art scavenger hunt to do, so I think I'll take James and see what we can find. I think he'll get a kick out of the Hesse collection. http://www.portlandartmuseum.org/ The Holbein Madonna is really something to see up close and personal.

Hi to everyone I missed!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Jane
01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Good Sunday afternoon to you!

Sue - it's amazing what we do for the "grands", isn't it? I've got Valentines ready for mine, lol.

Jules - the vcr-dvd combo we bought can record your vhs tapes to dvd in a very user-friendly way. I love it! It's an RCA, and I think it was under $300. I'm still in the process of transfering all the home videos, lol, since I do lots for family, too.

Katy - sorry for the loss in the family, but glad you get to visit with relatives. Funerals and weddings are sometimes the only time we get to see some long lost cousins, lol.

It felt so good to go to church today, after not being there the past couple of weeks. Lots of people stayed home today - flu and cold season, I guess.

Not sure what I'm going to do this afternoon.... maybe poke around at Lowe's.

What's on your agenda?

Mom2Gaby
01-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Good Morning!!

Sorry about the relatives passing Katy. I don't think my family has had a death since 1976 when my grandfather died. Anyway- I hope you have a good visit with the family. Neat about the art museum tomorrow- I might go to the childrens museum - not sure.

I took Gaby to Chuck E Cheese yesterday and she hid behind me when the Rat walked by - Rebecca used to do the same thing. Cracked me up.

Hope you have a good visit with your mother Sue. My muther is so funny - she writes this long email on getting up at 5 am to walk, what do I do with Gaby, danger - blah - blah - blah. I keep telling her I have a treadmill - she keeps thinking I am walking outside.lol

Sorry about your vcr Jules, cheap at Goodwill - I think I bought one for $15 :)

Going to Office Max to pick up some .......duh, office supplies and to WINCO for a weeks supply of albacore tuna -lol.......

Walked 2 miles and had oatmeal w banana- put a teaspoon of peanut butter on top of the bananas - kind of melted with the omeal.......kind of good- kind of dry - lol.

Hi Cristi :)

Missing you Marti - hope you are having a goog weekend :)

Hi to everyone!! :) Come and chat with us Ellen - we misssssssssss you!!

cjdodson
01-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi ladies!

Just a "quickie" to update you. Megan (DD) is doing well. She is a little crampy still and gets tired easy, but that's to be expected. We know this can come back anytime but at least it's over for now.

Jason (DS) & his girlfriend, Samantha are here until about noon tomorrow. It is good to see them again. They live about 3 hrs. away. We were all up unti about 3 am talking last night so today has been a very lazy day.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Connie

Allensmom23
01-15-2006, 10:32 PM
ok, i'm all better today! looks like i've missed a lot! no way to catch up!
My party was ablast! Had WAY too much to drink, but a lot of fun!
We ended up going to a few bars late in the night . . . I was really hurtin yesterday!
Today we've been running like crazy trying to get everything packed for our trip tomorrow. We dropped the dog off a friend's house to play with his mommy dog for the week, and we're trying very hard to get Allen to go to sleep so we can too, since we leave at 3 am for Chicago to fly out!
AAAH!
Sorry I'm not even attempting to catch up with everybody's posts!
I'll pop on while we're in AZ and say hello!

da fat n da furious
01-16-2006, 02:19 AM
Hello Everyone,
Jane,,,wahoo on the cheque. Always a bonus with unexpected money.
Marti,,,still get your car checked,,,structural (sp) damage can be hidden.
Connie,,,love those taying up late talking to family,,
Mel,,have fun on your trip!
Cristi,,,I stayed up late too many nights in a row...One time I read till like 3 am,,relaly super good book. And had to be up at 6..that was a bad day. But just recently I did it again with crocheting...
Jules,,,how sweet of your DS to stick up for his girlfriend.

Not much happening,,,grocery shopped...made an awesome dinner. Watched tv tonight,,,desperate housewives.
Did spend all day at theatre yesterday..Evita is growing on me.
Tanner is the one taking lessons...I couldn't put our instructor through all that pain listening to me...lol
anyways off to bed I go...night all

tommysgirl18
01-16-2006, 03:01 AM
Jane~ Thanks for pointing that out!

Susan~ They are doing well from what I gather. We visited my FIL this past weekend on Saturday and Sunday. Other then telling my MIL to “shut the f*** up” because she was telling us about his room mate, he seems to be doing well. He still has the tube in his side to help keep his lung inflated, and he is on oxygen full time now. They are hoping to take the tube out today, so I will let you know how that goes.

Happy belated birthday Mel!

Connie~ Glad to hear the surgery is over with and that he was able to get it all out.

Jules~ Thanks for the hugs.

FrouFrou
01-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Hello ladies...

KATY...I'll take some of the rain! We need it here badly, there's a small chance today. Normally though I don't care for it, but...really don't mind it much if I don't have to get out in it. the museum looks so cool. DD and I enjoy going to museums...she wants to go to New York one day specifically for the museums. Hope you guys have a fun day! Sorry to hear about your MIL's father passing away. Hugs to you and the family. :grouphug:

ANGIE...I have been staying up late a lot lately. Saturday went to bed at 3:30 thinking I would sleep late, woke up at 7:30! I'm reading another book, trying to get it finished and stayed up until 1:30 last night. I go through moods where I will do this. So what was the great dinner you fixed? I definitely will have to see about taking a class for crochet and knitting, I've heard it is supposed to be calming.

JANE...woohoo about the check.

SUE...hoping you have a wonderful visit with your mother.

JULES...did ya get a new vcr/dvd player? We too have the combo thingy, hardly use it though. We rent dvd's once in a great while but mostly it is used for my exercise, the WATP 1 & 2 mile.

MEL...forgot you were headed out of town this week. Where in AZ are you guys headed? I have a friend in Phoenix that I am hoping to see this summer-totally depends on her schedule. Hope you guys have a fun trip! Be safe!

MINDEE...will your FIL be able to make it on his own without the tubes, and such? Well, I hope everything turns out for the best.

CONNIE...glad you are enjoying your visit with Jason and Samantha. And...that Megan is feeling better.

SUSAN...you are really making me want to go to Chuck E. Cheese! You also made me think of a time when I took the boys trick-or-treating...we went up to a door and this woman was dressed up, supposedly as Minnie Mouse-she looked nothing like her. Just looked like a big rat in a skirt. Anyway, Josh saw her immediately and took off crying. She scared him to death! And I got a picture of it to boot! Jason, and Stephanie (neighbor girl with us) just stood there looking at him like what the heck is wrong with that kid. While looking at pictures for my nephew I came across it and it made me laugh. They were so cute when they were little and I absolutely loved the holidays when they were little. everything was so magical seeing things through a childs eyes.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Not much on the agenda for today. V has to work, no holiday for him but everyone else is home, well, Jason and Carrie. Just going to get some house cleaning done and a couple of loads of laundry. WI was today and I am down 1/2 pound, so now the ticker is correct. Doesn't matter though...going to go change it again! LOL Going to add another...the original mini-goal of the first 20 pounds. I have to get back on track and get this done...no more farting around!

Take care ladies and have a great day/week!

luckycharm
01-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Hi everyone.

Had lots to catch up on. I tried to get on the other night and it kept telling me the server was busy. Then tried the next night and our dial up was to busy to let us on. Friday night I managed to get on, typed a long post, then the computer timed out and had kicked me off the internet. Boy I sure miss high speed.

Hi Angie....I am here in your great city. In Shaunessy right now, but going later to the saddledome to see Bryan Adams tonight. Your hair sounds great. Glad the opening of the play went ok. I am so glad to hear that people miss our drivers. Most of them are really good when it comes to dealing with customers.

Connie I am glad the DD is doing good. You both are in my thoughts.

Susan we will come be bridesmaids for your Hawaiian wedding. Cole and Gaby would look so cute together in the wedding party. Of course we would all look fabulous too.

Cristi so what are you reading now that has you staying up so late? I have 3 kids. 1 DD that is 16 (150 some days until her birthday as she keeps informing me.) 1 DS that is 14 and 1 darling little guy that is 3. He actually rules our roost now. One day I will have enough posting time to actually fill out a bio.

Jane my son is a petroleum engineer. He is very good at pumping gas. (Like it is so hard) But he is the only one that works the evening shift at this gas station as everyone they hire keeps quiting. It is either too busy or too cold for them. DD is working at her dream job and is a stable manager at a riding stable not so far from us. She only works weekends which is ok as she is in grade 11 and needs time to do her school work. I hope that Katie will be working when we are at WDW. Your chicken recipe sounds very good. Once I get home I will definately try it out.

Mindee hope everything goes well for your family. I am thinking of them also.

Mel glad that you had a great birthday party. Hope that you have a great trip as well.

Marti hope that your move is going well. What kind of car do you drive? I am glad that there was a witness, just as I hope that there is no damage at all so that you don't have to worry about that on top of everything.

Sue I hope that you have a good visit with your mom.

Katy sorry about the loss. Hugs to your family. I hope that you have a good day at the museum.

Hi Jules. Sorry about the vcr. Hope you get a new one soon.

Well hello to anyone else that I forgot.

Must run as we are going to go shopping. Susan I am going to go look for a Starbucks and get a coffee. Might try and fill out a bio first.

Kathy

Marti
01-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Hello gals!!

I had a very busy weekend. A nice one. Took Jhanai to see a movie and we roamed around the mall beforehand. Went to see Harry Potter...finally. I liked it, but it sure cut a lot from the book.
Sunday we went to my grandpa's, my nephew had his first birthday and they celebrated it there. We spent hours over there, and it was bizarre since all most of the family was from my BIL's side. (very uncomfortable in a what should have been a comfort zone.) I was beside myself w/the lack of help in preparation from that family!! Oh well,,,,it's over and Lucas was a happy boy.

Let's see here, can a catch up a little??

Kathy--I drive a Chrysler 300C. James bought it for me last year. Wanted me to have a new car and be safe, I thought it was too much money! But I do love it. The move has been made to the other building. I didn't volunteer to do any of the grunt work. I just did what I could do on my scheduled days and took the weekend off! Glad I did. Today will be the first work day there, looking forward to it.

Cristi--I need to get going myself. Like you said "No fartin around" :D I'm going to check out the gym. It was closed due to the construction being done on the floor above, but since we're moved in, it should be done! And it's so much closer now! Just walk down the stairs and you're there! I'm loving the idea of working out at that gym again. My weight needs to go down....I've gained 5 over the holidays, now it's time to lose that and more!

Susan--Chuck E cheese?? Jhanai loved going. She wants to go again sometime this summer, I'm not a fan of the place, kids all running around barefoot and I"m just staring in horror thinking of how dirty the floors are! I know, I'm a party pooper. I'm sure I'll take her again someday though. I want to do another daughter/mother trip to the coast this summer w/her. It was so much fun.

Mel--Did you celebrate your birthday early? Or did I enter it incorrectly? I hope you had a great time despite the "hurtin" you're feeling. Where are you heading on your trip?? Have a fun and safe trip!

Angie--Well, now after all the post you've made about your boys and their hair, it's my turn. Jhanai wanted to color her hair red this weekend. I found a mousse dye that was electric red, but knew it would be extreme, and she loves it. And I was very surprised to see how beautiful it looks on her! It's so hard to see her growing up! I asked her if she wanted to sleep w/me this weekend since James would be gone (and she always asks) and she said "No mom, I'm almost 12, I think I'll sleep in my own room" Can I go cry now?

Sue--Send some of that sunshine our way!! I'm tired of the rain already!! James is up in the Dalles and he called me to tell me that it was snowing. Already had 2 inches of it. Don't want that coming south!

Jane--What a lovely surprise!! Did you have any idea it was coming or was it really a complete surprise to you? Well, now I think I"m going to wait for my mail carrier and see if he brings me a lovely check!:D You're already thinking of Valentines????? Oh geez, I don't know if I can take all the holidays coming one after another.:dizzy: I have a plan of making James a homemade card. Better start now if I want it done shouldn't I?

Katy--I cleaned up my car where it was hit, and it's nice and shiny. I was parked in a parking structure, and apparently the women was backing out (it's pretty tight in there) and I'm sure she barely hit it. So it wasn't like she slammed into me or anything. I'm thankful for that. But I'm still going to have James make the final judgement weekend. He's coming home for a day.

Connie--Glad to hear that DD is doing well. I will keep her in my thoughts that she heals quickly.

Mindee--Hope your FIL heals quickly also!

I hope I didn't miss too many people. Sorry it's been so long since I got to individuals. Things seem to be looking better around here. James has met some very sweet people and has experienced some hospitality that he didn't think still exhisted. He was offered free room to stay in while he's in the Dalles. And they feed him and make sure he's warm. He had only met them once. these are wonderful people!!

Ok, I've got to get myself together before work, I'm leaving early so I can check things out before I have to work.

Hugs to all!:hug:

Jane
01-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Hiya ladies,

Angie - so what did you fix for dinner that was awesome??? Do share! We watch Desperate Housewives, and also Grey's Anatomy that follows it. Love those two shows!

Cristi - YAY for the 1/2 pound loss! I too love to look at photos of the kids when they were little. Makes me wonder where the time went. Do you know the song called 100 Years (I'm 22 for a moment...) by Five for Fighting? Well, the song was playing the last night with Katie, on a TV commercial, at the hotel, and I got a big lump in my throat and my eyes started to tear up. Katie hugged me and said, don't cry Mom. At the time, I didn't even know who sang the song, but I googled it, and bought the CD. Makes me think of her and all the fun we had that day.

Kathy - sounds like your kids are good hard workers. Hope you had fun shopping. Katie's last day at WDW is May 12th. Not a moment too soon for me, lol. She's at Dinoland, in Animal Kingdom park. But I forgot when you said you're going?

Marti - aww, that's so sweet about the people helping James! There really are lots of good people around still. How much closer to you is the Sony building? Seems like I remember you saying it was closer. About the check, we thought it was coming, but had no idea it would be so soon. It was for some wind damage that was done to this old house, and we kind of forgot about it, in all hubbub of getting to Florida and back.

Hi to the others. :wave:

I've been kind of busy today... cleaned the kitchen and living room, then made some Reese cup dessert to send to Katie at her request. The package is ready to mail tomorrow, since the post office was closed today. Then I went shopping for plant hangers and pots. I guess you can tell I'm thinking about Spring already, lol.

I'm doing great with the food and water. Not so great with exercise. :no:

See ya later... "wave:

jules1216
01-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Just a quick hi to everyone--DD's car broke down so DH & I took off to go get it and get it running--needs some major work but DH has worked on cars since he could walk and hold tools so she will only have to pay for parts. She just needs to decide if she wants to put more money in this one or look for another--DH did some work for a friend who doens't have the $ to pay so he offered a car in exchange--DD & DH are going to go look at it tomorrow before they decide what to do next. One of DD's friends stayed with her and my son over Xmas break when the dorms were closed and is willing to let DD stay with her in the dorm for a few days and run her around in her car. Real sweet girl--DD & her have become close friends since they met at orientation.
Did my slim-n-tome workout too!!

jules1216
01-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Jane--just missed you--I'm a Grey's Anatomy fan since the start, I also have always watched Cold Case which I love, Desparate is in between and just started watching it, but sometimes I switch over and watch Changing Rooms & What not to Wear on the BBC. CSI on Thursdays is my other must watch show.

RosieKate
01-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Thank you all for your good thoughts; it has been a busier weekend than usual. I didn't know the grandpa all that well, but I am somewhat close to the MIL, who is DH's stepmother. She and her dad's longtime companion were in relatively good spirits from what I heard. He was really old and in decline for a long time. His passing was peaceful and my DH said the funeral was a loving tribute. If I go like that I will be a lucky woman.

The result of all this is that I had a bunch of in-laws pop in bearing Papa Murphy's pizza last night. Good thing I had just returned from a yoga class. I had burned off some calories to justify eating all that pizza and several glasses of wine. Well, the wine was mostly because I was glued to the TV watching 24 for two hours - my heart was pounding! The thrills! The chills! The gratuitous violence! My DH and I were joking that we are against the torture of detainees....unless of course Jack Bauer is doing it, then its ok! :dizzy: And there's two more hours tonight - Can I even stand it?

Hey, even with the pizza, the scale said I was down 3 lbs - wahoo. Now last week, I bloated up on WI day, so this loss is really for two weeks worth - but I'll take it any way I get it.

Hi to all of you - I hope to have more time to "chat" tomorrow

Marti
01-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Just poppin in really quick before I go to work.

Jane--Get this....I'm in the SAME building!:D And also, the same floor I used to be on, just remodeled!! Crazy I know!

Ok...just wanted to pop in! Chat more tomorrow or tonight when I get home.

tommysgirl18
01-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Update on my FIL: The doctor’s took the tube out on Monday. They also took out some stitches but he started to bleed a little bit, so they left a couple still in. He goes for an x-ray on Tuesday and if everything comes back fine then he can go home.

Cristi~ As far as I know, he will be able to make it without the tubes. He was on oxygen before, but he would only use it when he absolutely had to.

Kathy~ Thanks for thinking of them. Every little bit helps!

Marti~ Thanks for the nice words.

Jules~ I hope your hubby was able to get her car working.

Katy~ Thanks for the address for that website. I went and joined it and already have an awesome feeling about loosing this weight! Thanks again!

Marti
01-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Hello!

I really should be in bed, but I figured I would go ahead a keep up by posting!:D (I've been so behind lately)

First day at the old Sony building was so strange, and very nice. One thing I remembered after the first break.....we had such LOOOONG halls! I love them! I get to walk more and get in some exercise!!! It's so big compared to the old place that it's nice to be able to breath a little!

Jane--I've been thinking about spring too! I keep thinking over and over in my head all things that I need to accomplish. It's almost exhausting! But I plan on doing a really good cleaning and organizing around here. Tired of all my cluttter!! (and I've come to a realization....it really is just me who is the clutter maker!):o

Katy--Congrats on the WL! I won't step on the scale until I start working on myself again. Which needs to be real soon. Lately I've been so tired....and I know if I just move more and eat properly, the energy will come!

Jules--I just hate car troubles! Hope your DH gets it up and running properly for her. OR....she can get a new car. Just something that is safe to drive. Cars stress me out!

Mindee--I'll keep my fingers crossed that the xrays come out good so your FIL can go home. I can only imagine having to stay in the hospital for long period of time! I'm going to have to check out your baby albums...I still haven't seen a photo of your new little one!

Ok...it's going on 4:30 and I'm getting sleepy. So you all have a great morning!

Night!

fat&sassycat
01-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Good morning :wave:

WOW since Thursday my life has been a blur........My GrandD had an abscess tooth and had to see the dentist....HOW IN THE HECK DOES A 7 YR OLD GET AN ABSCESS?????:censored:

Then that same day I had to pick up my friend from England at the airport. She only stayed with me that night but me and another friend went down south to visit her for the weekend!

We spent the weekend shopping, drinking, shopping, drinking, laughing, and eating............my diet has been shot to hades..:headache:..............but I had a great weekend

Congrats Susan on the 2 lb loss..........I'll be lucky if I don't have a 2 lb gain this week:carrot:

Jane!!! wish i could get some unexpected $$:D :lucky:

how do you guys keep up with every one???:dizzy:

tommysgirl18
01-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Marti~ Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed. When you get a chance, go ahead and check out both boys' webpages. I just added pictures that my mom sent me to Logan's webpage. (its the link that says "pictures from grandma farms")

FrouFrou
01-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Okay, having such a hard time with the server being busy here I don't have time for a long post. Guess I probably should post here first from now on. Anyway, took FOR-EVER to get on here. And then I finally did and posted on two threads and came here to catch up on all the posts...clicked on page four and kept getting the server is busy stuff again, very frustrating since I set a certain time aside to spend here and then can't. Why is it so busy this year?! I know the first of the year everyone wants to lose weight but the years I have been posting here I've never gotten the server was busy stuff. Oh, well...

HI to everyone! Hope you all are having a great day! Will be back tomorrow sometime, (if I can get on) to post individuals. :wave:

Cristi

Mom2Gaby
01-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Wow on your weight loss Katy:cheer: :dance: :bravo:

I hope your FIL is ok to go home soon Mindee - sending warm thoughts!

I gotta go - lol.........just busy at work. Wanted to say hello though.

Walked yesterday (3 miles) but over slept this AM. I stayed up and watched the Bachelor last night. Maybe I will walk tonight if I get my second wind:ebike: blah - blah.

Going to Traders Joes for a Greek salad. I had one last Friday - it was really good with reduced Feta cheese.

HUGS Marti!!

Hello to everyone!!

Marti
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
I've been having the same "Server is busy" issue too.....

So after all that time waiting, I'm going to just pop in and say "Hi" and I will post more once I get off work.

But before I do...I need to close this thread and start a new....we're getting full!

So................

Don't post here.....head onto #162