Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:52 PM   #1  

Default WW --> Calories and/or Points... Which do you count?

Hi. I have been counting my points religously (sp?). Anyway, I was reading the new magazines that are out (Diets 2006 by Better Homes & Gardens and Your Diet by People) and everything appears to be based on the calorie counting method. So I am wondering if you all only count your points or if you also count your calories? Just thought I would ask and see what others do.

(I posted this on the WW site boards too.)
Old 01-11-2006, 10:42 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

well I already answered you over at W/W official board.

W/W points system major component is calories but factors in health (lower fat and higher fiber --- increased fat increases the points thus you get less and high fiber lowers points <although less now that it was years ago>).

Doing both would be too much like work especially when W/W has already factored it in however some use a tracking program that does it to get a general idea.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #3  

Hi Kelly. Thanks so much for your reply.. again. I think tracking both would be hard and confusing. I did that before... if I remember correctly. I think I need to stop reading books and magazines haha.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I just count points - If I wanted to count calories I wouldn't be doing the WW program right?

I agree with Kelly, counting both would just make me crazy
Old 01-12-2006, 12:22 PM   #5  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

I have been just logging my foods into fitday but try to mentally tally up my pts for the day. Yesterday I had lunch at Applebee's (had the new ww's confetti chicken..yum yum) and it was a nightmare trying to use the custom feature in fitday to plug in the few gram listings (that they list) for that meal. The calculator function kept saying there was an error. So although I try my best, I had to individually list all the components of the meal. Not impossible, but time consuming.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:47 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I just count points - afterall, that's why I am doing WW so they calculate it all for you!
Closed Thread