Weight Loss Support - Honest Opinions Please (pictures)

View Full Version : Honest Opinions Please (pictures)

getncontrol
01-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Here is my face. One at 225+ and one now at 160. Please be honest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/hairymonster/225face.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/hairymonster/IMG_0094.jpg

I've been told that my face is too gaunt by some people that I don't think are too well meaning. I look at myself everyday and think it looks fine. TIA

FL_Chickie
01-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Gaunt? I think you look great! Sometimes it's hard for people who are used to "more of you" to realize that "less of you" doesn't mean you're starving yourself! I'd be curious to know if these are people who have weight issues themselves, who perhaps don't like the comparison so much between you now and them?

upswife
01-11-2006, 05:47 PM
I would honestly say your face looks skinny, but not gaunt. Hope this helps.

teahoney
01-11-2006, 06:15 PM
I think you look great and I am truly being honest. Are the people who are saying this to you people that you knew before you lost the weight? If so, then I think it's like Chickie said, they are just used to more of you. But you hardly look gaunt in my opinion. You have a nice slim face that suits you well.

Wisertime
01-11-2006, 06:15 PM
No, I don't think you look gaunt either, just thinner. But just let me say WOW! Congratulations.

Lynn

damejane
01-11-2006, 06:31 PM
i see nothing , but jealous people... you look MARVOLOUS!

tipsygypsy
01-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Slender, not gaunt. WAY TO GO!

shrinkingchica
01-11-2006, 06:49 PM
You look very lean, not gaunt at all. :)

happytx
01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
I agree with the others, you look great, and Im thinking this is a jealousy issue, dont let their negativity bring you down!! You look beautiful! :-)

LLV
01-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Nope, I don't think you look gaunt either. But maybe to people who know you, that aren't used to seeing your face that thin, that's what they believe.

And just to add.. I think you'd look fantastic with long hair ;)

bbbabe
01-11-2006, 08:02 PM
you went from a round face to your natural face shape which is long and thin plus you cut your hair real short. you face is very thin but i think it looks like it would be naturally thin not like you are anorexic or anything, i think your hair would look good longer too ..... although it so awesome to have short hair like that and look like a pixie, i always wanted to look like that lol

Only Me
01-11-2006, 08:08 PM
I agree with everyone else, you look lean, but not at all gaunt. I think people just haven't got used to the new you. My mom lost 30-40lbs a few years ago and it took me a couple of years to realize that she was not too thin. Once I got used to the new her, I realized that she looked great. I'm actually a bit smaller than her now, but I don't see myself as tiny as she is.

ambitious_1
01-11-2006, 08:10 PM
The people who insulted you are JEALOUS. You look wonderful & happy! :hug:

jules1216
01-11-2006, 08:12 PM
I think you look beautiful in both pictures!

getncontrol
01-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks for all the replies and compliments, you girls made my day!! I belieive the two ladies who told me my face was gaunt are a little jealous. :devil: They are both chunky and for once I'm smaller than they are.

Thanks again.

I think you girls inspired me to grow my hair out. I had been contemplating that for a while now. ;)

yukimfat
01-11-2006, 09:18 PM
You look fantastic!!

I went through something similar a few years ago. I had lost weight (it didn't stay lost, though :lol ) Anyway, I was also told by everyone that my face was too thin. I really "looked" at my relatives and realized that it's genetic. My mom's side of the family has small faces. I have 100 lbs to lose and even at my most bloated, I have only one "chin" and really very little fat in my
face.

Tani
01-11-2006, 09:28 PM
You don't look gaunt at all, you look great :) You just have a narrow face (I do too) The difference between the pictures is very striking, but it's just your natural face shape showing itself.

lipidful
01-12-2006, 02:16 PM
hmmmm I don't think you look gaunt! Like the others have said, it's probably either jealousy, or that they're used to seeing you a certain way.
Funny, I got a similar comment yesterday, and it really got me worrying, like do I look old now or something? I've been examining my face in the mirror since that comment (it doesn't take much to push me over the paranoid edge LOL) and I think, like you, that it's just my natural face shape. It might be a bit more angular than before, and my cheekbones stick out a little more, but I think there could also be something more attractive in that. I'm not scared of cameras and don't feel like I'm gonna look like a marshmallow face in pictures now. LOL It's more like it was at college age w/a few "character" lines thrown in. What could be so bad about that? I think the person who said it to me was probably just startled that I look so different and hadn't noticed before. It was just odd the way she replied when I asked her if it was a good, bad, or neutral thing and she replied that she would get back to me after thinking about it if it was a good or a bad thing that my face looked skinnier. How odd.
Anyway, you look great!

chrmiller
01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
You are not gaunt looking, you have a long face, and that is ok. I like your hair short. Remember tho, if you grow your hair long, it may make your face look even longer... but who cares?!?! If you like it, go for it!

teahoney
01-12-2006, 02:35 PM
I love the short hair too. I think it suits you so well.

annk
01-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Whoa! You look great! I think it's so amazing how just taking weight off can make us look so different (you looked great before, too!) Keep up the GREAT work!

Ann :)

Nori71
01-12-2006, 02:57 PM
You look fantastic! Congratulations!!!

Kamily828
01-12-2006, 03:44 PM
You look great!!!

LeslieFM
01-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Gaunt, to me means hollow eyes and cheeks like someone starving. Your face looks pretty and your cheeks look rounded in a good way, not sunken it.

Zapphire
01-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Your face is really pretty and I like your haircut!However,I think longer hair would look great on you too. I say go for what you want,and if you want longer hair,I tihnk it looks great on longer faces too.I just think that you have a very pretty face..Your natural face shape is very pretty and I'm sure you'll have an easier time finding things that suit you.I have a chunky face (and a very chunky body too) and I have a hard time.

jen1121
01-12-2006, 05:07 PM
You Look Fabulous!!!!! Like Everyone Else Said, The People That Said That You Look "gaunt" Are Just Jealous Of Your Success And The New Beautiful You. Keep Up The Hard Work And Keep Smilin'!! :)

MommaAshley
01-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I think you look great!!! Wow what a drastic difference in the 2 pics !! WTG on your weight loss !!

I am in agreeance and think short hair looks awesome on you !!

Alaynna
01-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Like everyone else, I think you look great and congrats on the weight loss, that is a great acomplishment!! As far as your friends, they are just use to seeing you at a heavier weight and they have to get use to your new look....its just like getting a different haircut or glasses...it will take them a little longer to get use to it, than a 3rd party would. Keep up the great work!!

Smoo
01-12-2006, 06:50 PM
You don't look gaunt to me, you look FAB!!

getncontrol
01-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks again!!!! :grouphug:

TBJ333
01-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Sounds like people are jealous of you. :p They probably want to think that you are suffering... makes them feel superior.

A friend of mine lost too much weight... her ribs were showing through her chest, her hair was dry, you could see every cord in her neck. You don't look like that at all. :)

Plus, it's not like you want to lose another 50 lbs. ... your goal weight is reasonable. Shrug off those nasty comments. :)

Grumbleworts
01-13-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm with everyone else....you look gorgemous! Wow!