Old 08-29-2003, 02:06 PM   #1  
In Control: E+R=O

I made this salad for lunch today, and it's really tasty! This recipe is very quick and easy.

Grilled Cheddar and Chicken Salad
This salad is from Linda Gassenheimer's cookbook "low-carb meals in minutes" for those of you who have this book.

2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp warm water
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 lb roasted chicken breast,chopped (I stir-fried chicken breast with garlic and used that still warm...yummy )
1 medium size green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 large tomatoes, sliced
2 slices reduced-fat, aged cheddar cheese (1 1/2 ounces) (I used shredded cheddar cheese )

Preheat the broiler. Combine the mayo, water, and mustard in a medium-size bowl. Add the chicken, bell pepper, onion, and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste, and toss well. Place the tomato slices on an ovenproof dish or on a foil-lined baking tray, and season with a little salt and pepper. Spread with chicken salad, and tear cheese slices into small pieces to fit over the chicken salad. Broil for 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts, and serve. Makes 2 servings.
twodogmom is offline   Reply With Quote