Old 01-10-2006, 08:57 PM   #1  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Default Been exercising for the past 2 weeks....

So far, so good. I haven't started any weight training program as of yet. I do work with small dumb bells at home, but don't feel comfortable working with the weight machines at the gym. Too many men in the room and it's been a long time since I've done any of that. I would like to get some time with a personal trainer before I start doing any of that. I have been spending a lot of time on the treadmill, elliptical and the stationary bike. I also jog about 2 miles on the track at Bally's. I love my ipod, what a great device. It really helps me along. I burn between 400 and 600 calories each work out. My husband and I purchased an elliptical and I love it. I also have a yoga ball and I love that too. I work out 3 - 4 times a week for 1 1/2 to 2 hours each work out. I have lost 19 lbs since October 10th. I had my husband hide the scale, because I was getting addicted to weighing myself. I asked him to bring it out every couple of weeks so I can get a better idea of my progress. I am not going to get discouraged though if I don't lose any. It took me a month to lose the last pound, but that was before I started working out.

Yesterday I was able to fit into an outfit that I haven't worn in over 2 years. I got compliments from my co-workers. It was a nice feeling. I met with some old friends this evening and none of them noticed a difference, or at least they didn't say anything. I meet with them once a month, so we'll see if they notice anything next month.

I really do feel great. I think I look a little better, but nothing that spectacular. I have 60 lbs left to lose before my goal weight. If it takes me 6 months a year or more, it won't matter, because I know that I am doing it the right way. Long term results are my goal and good health is priority one!

Any way......I am babbling...just wanted to share the latest.

Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:57 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Yeah Libby!! Keep up the good work!!! I am working for the day that coworkers notice!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:17 AM   #3  

See a trainer and do weight training! Weight training has seriously changed my life, and my body. It has slowed down my weight loss a little, but that would have happened eventually anyway.

If you look in my blog on my signature and whiz down a bit you will see my before and during pics.

Knock those muscle men outta the way and you go for it girl! Well done on your weight loss so far!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:53 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm crashing your thread (I'm just a baby ) just to say - well done! You seem so well on track and kyk's right - Weight train, weight train, weight train and eat protein!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Libby, I say go with what you are comfortable with. However, that being said, I don't think that the guys will look at you or make comments. If they do it is their loss.

It sounds as if you have a whole aray of different weight loss equipment at home, so until you feel comfortable - mix it up.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Libby, you're doing a great job!! Keep up the good work!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #7  
Maintainer

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. It really means a lot. I do want to start weight training. I know how important it is to build muscle while losing weight. And I'm not concerned with what the guys might think or say. It's just that they hog all of the equipment and actually have a routine and I don't get use of enough of the equipment to do the same. Also in the past month I averaged 78 grams a day of protien. I keep my fat between 20 and 30 percent of my overall calories and my carbs stay between 150 and 175 grams a day. Mostly vegetables, fruit and other good carbs. The site I use to track my food intake is fabulous and it shows me trends and ways to improve my overall "diet". And of course by diet I mean what I eat, not what I'm eating this time around. I don't do diets anymore, they don't last. This way of eating is for keeps. I still eat what I want, but just smaller, healthier portions and I don't stress about a little chocolate or a little extra fat. I literally don't stress about the small stuff. Besides a littel dark chocolate is good for you.

Tomorrow night I go out for one of my favorite meals.......SUSHI!!! Oh so yummy and oh so healthy.

Thanks again ladies and best of luck on your quests!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:25 AM   #8  
Who needs sleep?

Congratulations! You are doing great!
H-ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #9  
Maintainer

Just a little note to let you all know that I started weight training this week and so far I have done it twice. It really does make a difference in the way I feel and I know it will only benefit me. Thank you all for your encouraging words and advice.

On my way to the gym again in about an hour.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #10  
Maintainer

Another update. Lost 9 1/2 inches in 2 weeks after incorporating weight training into my work outs.

YIPPEE!!!!!