Old 01-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #1  
Ripp

Default La Lites Used Differently

Has anyone found new and exciting ways to enjoy the LA Lites?

I was craving chocolate chip cookies horribly one day and cut up a chocolate chip cookie dough bar. I baked the pieces in the oven for about 8 minutes. They turned out pretty crisp, not exactly like cookies, but it was something crunchy!

I also heated up a peanut butter LA bar for 10 seconds in the microwave a few days ago and it was awesome! I think I'll try doing that with the carmel bars.

Just wondering if I'm the only strange one ...I love to experiment in the kitchen!
Ripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

I spread some peanut butter on top of my double-choc ones and nuke for about 25 seconds. Mmmm . .. . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #3  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I took a double chocolate, crumbled it up in a dish, nuked for about 10 secs, topped it with a SFFF Jello and some FF cool whip. It was really good.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #4  

I like to nuke mine too, with braces it's really the only way I can eat them.
JM - I LOVE the idea with the peanut butter - yummmmmmmm
For me, the Chocolate Fudge or Double Chocolate bars are the best thing about the entire plan.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:21 AM   #5  
Let's try this again . .

Carmen- Jello and chocolate? Seriously?
Old 01-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #6  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

OMG YES! The Lite almost becomes like a crust at the bottom, and the Jello is fruity. So the Cherry Jello makes it kinda taste like chocolate covered cherries with whipped cream on top. Awesome. All the Jello flavors I've tried are good that way, strawberry, orange, lime, cherry. Probably wouldn't work so well with grape...but who knows?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:33 AM   #7  
Ripp

Bananas and FF Cool Whip could be good, too...
Ripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #8  
Let's try this again . .

Well, okay, I'll have to try that
Old 01-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp
Bananas and FF Cool Whip could be good, too...
Now that is a whole different problem. First we have bananas, which I LOVE, then we have Cool Whip, ditto about the LOVE. If I tried that I think I would find my new worst enemy......and could not control my intake....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #10  

Wow, an Double Chocolate LA Lite with peanut butter and SFFF Cool Whip, now that sounds like a sundae to me, add the banana and it would make a Banana Split. You ladies are creative! Yum!

LA Food Count:

LA Lite
Fat or 1/2 P for the Peanutbutter (depending on amount)
Fruit for 1/2 banana
SSFF Cool Whip (condiment)
SF Jello (condiment) - optional (LOL!)

The only way I could attempt to try any of these is if you all joined me at the same location as I couldn't have the peanutbutter, or any type of Cool Whip in the house and stay POP. If only we could buy them in single servings. We can buy bananas on singlely basis so that's a safe one, but bet I would have to eat the entire thing and use 2 fruits at the same time. I have heated bananas. You all are making me hungry, and you know I'm going to have to try heating my lite this evening!
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:15 PM   #11  

I was bored the other day and decided to see if I could melt one of these down or not. Well, it didn't work so well solo, and I normally use the diet margarine as my fat and use it a teaspoon at a time so I can have 3 teaspoons throughout the day with my food. Anyway, I had a teaspoon left for that day, so I put that in there and put it back in the microwave for about 12 seconds and stirred until it was smooth, then cut up an apple and used it for a dip. YUMMMMMY! I've done it every afternoon since with my second lite of the day. It's wonderful, and probably could be used to put on ice cream, or to dip other things in I'm also thinking for someone who likes ice cream, you could use a double chocolate this way and use it for an ice cream topping. YUM!

Michele
chelebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:17 PM   #12  

Thanks for the idea's ladies... they all sound great! I'm finding it hard to eat my lites because I'm sick of them! I usually do 1 lite drink per day... I've also tried the soups (the mushroom one isn't the best, but it's an alternative to the bars), Cafe au lait, and shakes.
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote