LA Weight Loss - Fitday question....

View Full Version : Fitday question....

Grumbleworts
01-09-2006, 10:19 PM
I have a quick question, just because I am curious....Fitday is measuring my calories burned a day at 3000....but when i look it up on the calc on this site, it comes to 2500...Does fitday add more? I notice it is split into three categories:

source cals %total
Total: 3385
Basal: 1768 52%
Lifestyle: 1101 33%
Activities: 516

Just a question if anyone knows the answer...I apologize if this has already been asked...but I didn't see it browsing around.

Thanks so much!

Vanessa

chick_in_the_hat
01-09-2006, 11:27 PM
IMO - the calculation for basal is a load of hooey (yes, that's the technical term for it ;))...I disregard it completely...It would be nice if I could eat all those calories and still have a deficit...alas - it is not so.
Otherwise, I love FitDay!

Altari
01-09-2006, 11:39 PM
You have to include however long you slept. FitDay assumes you are at your activity level 24/7. It should go down if you put in your rest periods.

F.ex. : Mine is 3410 burned. Add sleep, and it drops to 2887. Also, be sure you have the activity level set correctly. Or...you could just ignore the calories burned section...

chick_in_the_hat
01-09-2006, 11:55 PM
I just changed my profile to bedridden...just for ducks. It still says I can eat more than 2000 calories...and still have a deficit for the day. But ignoring it works for me! :cb:

funniegrrl
01-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Yes, I think the calorie-burning calculations in Fitday are serious screwed up. It says I burn more calories doing stretching/yoga than walking at 3.5mph. Yoga ain't just layin' around, but it's not going to burn more calories than moderate cardio.

JustJuneBug
01-15-2006, 06:57 PM
first off thanks for 3chicks (and board members) giving me the fitday idea! how fab is that site! but i also thought what tha? when i saw my caloric needs..yeah right! i figured right off the bat just to ignore that!!

thanks again!!!