South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 08:32 PM   #1  
Arheba

Default New Kid on the Block

Well, today is the first day of the rest of my life and, yet, again, I start a diet. This is my first time with South Beach amd 3FC. I made the Veggie Quiche this morning. Tasted alright, but they stuck to the paper. Getting ready for lunch, now. (I am in the Australia, so I am a few hours ahead of you. It is Tuesday afternoon) Exercise is not high on my agenda, so I will really have to work on getting that into my schedule
Old 01-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #2  
RNMOM

Default Welcome!

You'll love it here! I think all of us have exercise issues!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/203/150

Hi there...

just wanted to say that I feel your pain about exercise. I have to drag myself kicking and screaming everyday, but I always feel better after I'm done. Perhaps doing something 30 min in the AM and 30 min in the PM? Just suggestions
Old 01-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #4  
Who needs sleep?

Old 01-09-2006, 11:29 PM   #5  

You know, the only way exercise happens for me is to throw myself out of bed in the morning, slide into my sweats and go for an hour power walk. For half of it I do arm exercises, I look like a crazy woman going down the street-but who cares? I've learned to keep my arms at my side when dog walkers go by, somehow dogs are threatened by the arms. When I started I could only do about two blocks of arm exercises, it just builds up.

I have a home-based business, so if I don't do it then, it just doesn't happen. When I was in corporate America I rounded up some gals and we'd go for 45 minutes during lunch, then bolt food. That is, if we could escape from yet another emergency.

Now I find that if I don't exercise in the morning my day is sluggdom. Besides you burn more fat and calories in the am.

Every time I joined a gym it just became another charity after a week or so. This works for me. You have to find what works for you and just move some. Every little bit helps.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:53 AM   #6  
Arheba

It is now, 7:00 p.m Tuesday evening and I have made it through my first day. Did not feel hungry or deprived at this stage, which was really good. I will confess, though, did not exercise this morning and their really is no reason not to, since I do not work outside the home. Did do some gardening this morning. (It is summer, here) Tomorrow is a flat out day. Have a funeral at 10:00 a.m., I go to a nursing home in the afternoon and do nails, and in the evening I have church and childrens' choir practice. So, it is either figure out what to take for the long haul or find a healthy eating out place. Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Look forward to meeting, here, everyday.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:16 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Arheba. A lot of chicks do not exercise during the first week of Phase I. You will ease into it. It's also pretty darn hot over there so be careful when you do start.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:53 AM   #8  

WElcome Aboard Arheba!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Welcome and good luck!
I do have one suggestion for you though....Remove the word 'DIET' from your vocabulary. For you to be successful you need to know that this is a lifestyle change not a temporary fix. With that in mind you will do great!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #10  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Cool

Good mornin chickadoodles!
Well here I am up and at them, woke up and cooked scrambled eggs with lf cheese and 1% milk, with a little added canadian bacon for the DH and I to share for breakfast. SO how is everyone doing today on the beach. For once the weather here in Colorado is decent (around 50) so I might see if I can fit in taking the dog to the park today. I have a jam packed schedule today as I am pulling double duty with both jobs. I have to work as much as I can for my phone job and then I have to shoot a basketball game this evening from about 7 to 8:30 or 9. Today's goal for me is to drink enough water. I think that is something I am lacking in, and I know how important it is.

Yesterdays High: Was not really hungry. I ate enough to keep satisfied and did not want to cheat.

Yesterdays Low: Stepped on the scale and that magic number revealed I had reversed all of my good doing weight loss...now I have to reset my ticker back to the very beginning!

Arheba - I was just in the bookstore and picked up the SB Dining Out guide, if you are on the go like me (and it sounds like you are) this has a ton of restaurants and what you can eat there (with what modifications) for each phase. It is a lifesaver when I am out of town on a shoot.

SynergryJoy - You know I am usually good with exercise however one thing I did not know is that us ladies also burn almost as many calories in cleaning our house for an hour as we do in one strength training session. So sometimes by keeping your house clean you are getting a workout as well!

Well chickies, have a great day. Always nice to hear from you all in the morning.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #11  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Hi Arheba!
I'm glad to see you here on the beach!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:02 AM   #12  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hi Arheba welcome to the Beach!! There are several of us that have started or restarted Phase 1 this week. Why don't you pop over and join us. Just look for the thread lable Jan 9th phase 1 starters. I've posted a link below.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72091
Old 01-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Arheba!

I think you'll find SBD to be a great plan that is easy to incorporate into your life. You'll feel great, too!

I'm not the best at understanding how to make signatures, so I can't help (though I wish I could!), but it looks like your sig is flashing a blue bar on top of your name. I'm sure there are people here in the forum that can help...if not, you can try the Announcements and Forum Help thread.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #14  
Arheba

Don't know what happened. It was coming through. Look's like someones elses sig is off a bit to. I am posting one the Phase 1 starters, also, and it was coming through, there. Will check it, again. thx for that
Old 01-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #15  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Arheba!

I'm glad that you're joining us on the beach! I have found a lot of wonderful support on this forum, and I hope that you will too.

Don't worry too much about exercise just now, especially since you're in the first week of P1. I found that I didn't have any energy to work out between days 3 and 6, and apparently that is normal for people just starting out.

Good luck to you!
Closed Thread