Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 04:56 PM   #1  
Aisha

Default Snacks

Hi everyone,

Later at night i start feeling a big demand to nibble something..... especially when i wach TV and the worst thing it's so difficult to stop. Could it be that my portions are too small and i'm start feeling hungry or i just lack some self-control. How do you fight with that? Could you recomend some "friendly" snacks for the phase 1 thanks
Old 01-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #2  

What i found to be really tasty for Phase 1 are turkey pepperonis nuked for about 2 min or less. They come out crispy and very good. I feel as if I've eaten some chips.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:35 PM   #3  

those are good little chips..!

Grizzly.. Try running your cals through Fitday.com, you might not be eating enough.. the recipe section here has lots of ideas for snickysnacks ..
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=132

I like roasted almonds
celery with a little ranch dressing
roasted chickpeas yummm..put some cajun spices on it for a kick
Natural PB with a dollop of cool whip

sometimes I try to just have a cuppa flavored herbal tea to help me get through too
Old 01-09-2006, 06:35 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out the recipe section. Roasted chick peas and hummus come to mind. And then there's a glass of milk with SF syrup.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #5  
Who needs sleep?

I don't watch television, but some snacks I like to nibble on while studying or online or whatever:

raw vegs with hummus or ranch dip (made w/ lf mayo and ff sour cream)
cuke slices with salmon spread
celery with laughing cow lite
my 30 pistachios (in the shell - takes longer, so more satisfying)
string cheese
Old 01-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #6  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

I always save my 2 daily TBSP of peanut butter for the end of the day. My night snack almost always incorporates it. Either celery with the pb on it or I make the Peanut Butter cup (desserts Phase 1) Peanut Butter has alot of fat in it so normally people don't want to eat it on a diet, but really it is incredibly good for you. It is high in GOOD fats that actually help make your heart healthy. Eating PB helps me feel like I am not on a diet
Old 01-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #7  
Aisha

thanks guys!!!!

I'll try all!

At the moment i'm so stressed out.... my brother had a car accident... couple of people are dead, some in come... he couldnt breath himself for a while... terribly broken leg, memory loses.... just dont notice how quickly i finish my norm of different snacks! But tomorrow i'm on the track again no extra snacking.... should stick to the rules

And thanks once again for all your advices!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #8  

I hope your brother is healing.
I sometimes snack simply because I am tired and my body doesn't recognize the signal, it just want energy, so I go to sleep if I can.
Lori
Old 01-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #9  
Aisha

Thanks, he's much better now. He ate himself and i talked to him over the phone. He can construct sentencies and it fells so good
Old 01-11-2006, 06:04 AM   #10  
Who needs sleep?

I'm glad your brother's doing better, grizzly. I know I'd be a wreck if anything happened to my dear little (well, okay - he's 30 and a foot taller than me!) brother.

One other thing - sometimes our bodies mistake thirst for hunger. Are you getting enough water (64 fl ozs/day)?
Old 01-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #11  
Aisha

hi,

i'm trying to drink as much water as i can. It woulf me about 2 liters per day+tea.

I'm just 1,64m tall and my brother is about 1,92m And still he's my little one He's much better now, but very depressed... we try not to leave him alone in the hospital and talk and talk and talk to him....
Closed Thread